[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh gee, another matching set of extremely forgettable and bland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

File: 1477726525235.png (2MB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1477726525235.png
2MB, 2560x2560px
Oh gee, another matching set of extremely forgettable and bland legendaries, I couldn't be more hype!
>>
>>29521936
What, did you expect them to be completely different from one another? I personally think that they diverge enough from the basic concept to stand out from one another.
>>
File: Patethic.jpg (20KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
Patethic.jpg
20KB, 342x192px
>>29521936
Look at that austist, lyn
>>
File: IMG_1699_0.png (80KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1699_0.png
80KB, 211x244px
>>29521936
>>
>>29521936
Which of these has the best typing?
>>
>>29521936
Forgettable? I can already see at least one of them in every team at vgc and battle spot. They won't be forgettable for a while.
>>
>>29521936
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Deg7VrpHbM
>>
>>29521978
Yes duh...
>>
>>29521936
You do realize these legendaries are our only "Tiki" Pokémon right?
>>
>>29521978
They had the right idea about legendary trios (or I guess quartet in this case) in gen I, II, II, but they've gotten more meh and meh since then honestly
>>
>>29521936
At least they play a role in the story instead of being placed in some random cave like the majority of non-box legendaries.
>>
>>29521936
>Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini gain colors closer to their non-Fairy types while Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele stay the same.

On another note, are the masks parts of their bodies?
>>
The only thing I hate is that the giant they summon for z-move doesn't correspond to their color with shiny being able to summon a black giant

Other than that I'm probably going to use all of them and be a fairy trainer this gen
>>
>>29521936
What the fuck are you talking about you moron? This is the best designed legendary trio/quartet we've ever had. They do have the same closing up gimmick and similar designs, while each remains different enough to be memorable. Compare that to shit like the lake guardians, which are literally the same except with different eyes and hair.
>>
>>29521936
Are you ready for Genies of healthy metagame 2.0?

4 580+ BST Fairy types with good secondary typing and great abilities (especially for VGC) assures that you won't be forgetting about these guys anytime soon.
>>
>>29521936
They're fine, the problem is they're going to be really weird to obtain in the later games. Although I guess they'll just pull a gen 6 and open worm holes.
>>
>>29522053
Basically everything you see there are part of there body, they're like living wood figurines.
>>
File: the fuk.jpg (45KB, 286x301px) Image search: [Google]
the fuk.jpg
45KB, 286x301px
>>29521936
>the Tapus
>forgettable
>bland
the fuck you talking about?
>>
What are their shiny versions?
>>
>>29522101
You're looking at them.
>>
>>29521936
OP has a point. Tapu Koko looked awesome, as if its entire aesthetic had been designed just for it. It worked so well because it has aspects of a chicken without being too HEY GUYS LOOK

The other three just kind of look like they made any old shit and copied the theme off Tapu Koko. The animals aren't interesting, consistent or themed on anything relevant to the region except Tapu Koko. None of the types are original, even when shown that the four islands are themed on Fire/Electric/Psychic/Ghost, they fail to bear the relevant types for some reason. The WATER type one has FAIRY terrain for some reason.

I was hoping the guardians would all have as much effort put into them as the starter designs but I guess that was too much to ask. If they had all had their own patterns instead of just triangle/diamonds and white lines they'd have been memorable as their own individual things. They look stylized the same way a little kid would assume "Hawaiian" stuff is stylized. As a result they look like a bland set like Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf. Ultimately the only one that will be remembered is the one with the best stat spread.
>>
>>29522101
OP posted them.
>>
>>29522005
Psychic/Fairy. That ability also makes it OU at least
>>
>>29522111
So what's wrong with Tapu Lele?
>>
File: article_post_width_aosd.jpg (41KB, 618x272px) Image search: [Google]
article_post_width_aosd.jpg
41KB, 618x272px
>>29521936
forgettable until they start raping your team
>>
>>29522262
The Tapus are cute though so I wouldn't mind being raped by them.
>>
>legendaries
>>
>>29522176
Tapu and Fini have way better typing. Lele has the best ability of the four though.
>>
>>29522301
>tapu

What did he mean by this?
>>
Has any artist stacked them together yet?
>>
>>29522301
>Tapu and Fini
Nigga they're All Tapu, which one are you talking about? Koko and Fini? or just Fini?
>>
>>29521936
PLEASE don't be shiny locked
>>
>>29522111
You're only saying that because tapu koko was the first one to be revealed.
>>
>>29522111
>OP has a point. Tapu Koko looked awesome, as if its entire aesthetic had been designed just for it. It worked so well because it has aspects of a chicken without being too HEY GUYS LOOK
I do agree that Tapu Koko is a great Pokémon.
>The other three just kind of look like they made any old shit and copied the theme off Tapu Koko.
They share the same basis, but they go off in different directions.
>The animals aren't interesting, consistent or themed on anything relevant to the region except Tapu Koko.
How are chickens relevant to Melemele Island?
>None of the types are original, even when shown that the four islands are themed on Fire/Electric/Psychic/Ghost, they fail to bear the relevant types for some reason.
It was only speculated that the islands were Electric/Psychic/Fire/Ghost-themed because of Oricorio. What about sky, mind, land, and water for island themes? I think it fits Akala Island, Ula'Ula Island, and Poni Island pretty well. The iffy one is Melemele Island, guarded by Tapu Koko.
>The WATER type one has FAIRY terrain for some reason.
Mist is water.
>I was hoping the guardians would all have as much effort put into them as the starter designs but I guess that was too much to ask.
Yeah, they just made these designs overnight.
>If they had all had their own patterns instead of just triangle/diamonds and white lines they'd have been memorable as their own individual things.
Perhaps more diverse designs would have been better, but I don't think it's a big deal. Their designs seem different enough to me.
>They look stylized the same way a little kid would assume "Hawaiian" stuff is stylized.
Aren't they supposed to look Hawaiian?
>As a result they look like a bland set like Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf.
Both groups of Legendary Pokémon have one core design, but unlike the Island Guardians the Lake Spirits are nearly copy and pasted from one another.
>Ultimately the only one that will be remembered is the one with the best stat spread.
Maybe so.
>>
>>29521980
What episode is this?
>>
>>29522111
Because as Land Spirits their only reason to exist is to supply Terrain laying abilities since literally no one gives a fuck about weather or similar if you can't auto-set it. So their types match that.

Though GF would've been better off giving them as HA's to new Pokemon and old ones that have no HA.
>>
>>29522316
>>29522337
Likely Tapu Koko, since he was the first one revealed.
>>
>>29522111
>themed on anything relevant to the region

Wait, how is a chicken a relevant theme but not the others?
>>
What's their normal versions?
>>
>>29522356
>shiny locked

What does that mean?
>>
>>29522471
Shiny locked means that the game is hard-coded prevent you from getting the shiny version of a pokemon by any means other than hacking. The shiny is locked away from you.
>>
>>29522471
Tell me how new you are and I'll tell you.
Trying to get a consensus of how many newfags have shown up since the leaks
>>
>
>
>>
>>29522360
Yeah, I agree. You're probably right, but we can't know that. I still think Tapu Koko is the overall strongest design and perhaps that is the reason they revealed it first.

>>29522374
>They share the same basis, but they go off in different directions.
>How are chickens relevant to Melemele Island?
No they don't. Tapu Koko makes great strides in making a totem pole-style Pokemon based on the Kauai's wild rooster which has been infamous recently in the real world. The others are just "some butterfly", "some fucking bull" and "literally any fucking sealife".

>It was only speculated that the islands were Electric/Psychic/Fire/Ghost-themed because of Oricorio.
And the fact that they're using that symbol with four triangles coloured Red, Yellow, Pink and Purple in that order quite prolifically.

>Mist is water.
So Fairy just gets to jack Water's terrain move? Fuck that shit. Fairy needs to get fucked.

>Yeah, they just made these designs overnight.
Well they're not THAT bad, just disappointing. The pixies though, I could believe it.
>>
>>29522022
Nah

Tapu > Regis > Therian Genies > Beasts > Birds >>>>> shit > Lake Trio > Musketeers > Incarnate Genies
>>
>lake guardians
>musketeers
>genies
>tapus
Why do they keep doing this shit. No one genuinely likes any of these legendaries, they are only used by competitive players, if they're good. Having them as part of a set just makes them even less interesting, not more interesting.
>>
These are literally the best regional legendary group since the Regis
>>
File: Fat contrller laughs at you.png (279KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fat contrller laughs at you.png
279KB, 500x400px
>>29521936
>legendaries
>>
>>29521936
Way too many plot and event-related Pokémon this gen.
4 Tapus, 8 UB, 4 front cover related, 1 or 2 mythical.
Considering this gen has few new mons to start with, this really lowers the bar for brand new Pokémon encounterable in the wild.
>>
File: Legendary_Beasts_hologram.png (2MB, 1672x941px) Image search: [Google]
Legendary_Beasts_hologram.png
2MB, 1672x941px
>>29522887
I like the musketeers.

>Having them as part of a set just makes them even less interesting

You mean like the legendary beasts in gen 2?

Yeah, man, making legendaries part of a set RUINS THEM.

Face it, the only reason you don't like the new sets is because they're new and thus more forgettable.
>>
>>29521936
>>
>implying the guardians of the healthy meta will ever be forgotten
topu bullu
>>
File: tapu sword.png (115KB, 1151x1459px) Image search: [Google]
tapu sword.png
115KB, 1151x1459px
>>29522331
>>
>>29523434
Thanks man, did you make this? That bottom one looks out of place
>>
>>29522262
why are the genies so hated? I think they looked cool.

gen5 would of been better without the muskiteer trio and keldeo & meloetta. seriously people shit on the genies but the muskiteer trios look like retarded barney dinosaurs
>>
>>29523822
nah saw it in some thread weeks ago
>>
>>29523863
The genies are fine in their therian forms.

I agree with you that the muskedeers are fucking trash.
>>
Nobody is mentioning their shared Z-Move?
That shit is pretty dope, hard to forget.
>>
If they removed three of the Tapus from existence, which would you want to be left? Tapu Lele is a cutie and doesn't look completely awkward on its own without the other totem pieces.
>>
>>29523822
Not like they can stack well anyway with two of them being round.
>>
If they all have the same shared z move, do you think all of the energy bodies will be the same humanoid form? or different for each
>>
>>29523863
What's wrong with Meloetta?
>>
>>29524034
Tapu Fini is the one I like the most.

>>29524089
It's the exact same thing, the lazy fucks couldn't even change the color of the body to match each Tapu's mask. It's a yellow body.
>>
>>29524123
oh no
that's very disappointing
>>
>>29524123
>the lazy fucks couldn't even change the color of the body to match each Tapu's mask. It's a yellow body
haha, classic gf

and people really think there's going to be some huge 8 gym postgame
>>
>>29522593
>am i fitting in yet
>>
>>29522022
Johto's trio must be so good it needed to be included twice.
>>
>>29522022
The birds are just birds anon. Johto's trio is really good. Hoenn's may be the best. The worst are the genies and the pixies
>>
>>29524099
Not him but there really isn't a reason for Meloetta to be a Legendary. She hardly has any lore for her and she could have easily been a regular single-stage mon and no one would notice.
>>
They're ten times better than the lake trio so that's good.
>>
>>29522269
Especially by Lele and Fini.
>>
>>29523347
I haven't liked ANY of the trios since mo-z-art. The entire concept of the legendary set lost its novelty almost immediately, and continues to grow even more stale with each generation. Because trying something different is simply unthinkable for John Gamefreak.
>>
>>29521936
Still better then most Trios

IF the Genies weren't used everyfuckingwhere, I'd've forgotten them a long time ago.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.