[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Fire the most creatively dry type when it comes to Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: red banana.jpg (267KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
red banana.jpg
267KB, 1280x960px
Is Fire the most creatively dry type when it comes to Pokemon designs?

>How to make 90% of Fire Type Pokemon
>Take an animal
>Paint it red/orange
>Set it on fire
>>
Fire's a difficult type to really portray in the wild because it isn't really a natural occurrence outside of disasters

I admit there could be more variety, but for every Chandelure there's a Ninetales. It's hard coming up with variety and shit
>>
i don't want to alarm anyone but does something seem strange about OP's banana?
>>
>>29517861

Would say Fighting. Save for the musketeers, they're all bipedal/humanoid.

Of course, since the type is themed around martial arts (human fighting techniques), they kind of have to be in order to punch and kick effectively.
>>
>>29517861
Probably. Either that or electric
>>
>>29517861
Nope. Bug is.
>>
>>29517908
It does seem a little odd... Are they supposed to be curved like that? Something is definitely strange about it.
>>
>>29517942
>Bug
This is how I know you're not serious, have a (you).
>>
>>29517908
well yeah, it's not on fire. Why would he extinguish his banana?
>>
>>29517861
fire might be creatively devoid, but rock, steel, and ground are some of the hardest types to design for.
>>
>>29517942
Here's a (You), don't spend it all in one place.
>>
At least they paint it red.

>take an owl
>do nothing
>call it a ghost type
Literally what were they thinking?
>>
Still waiting for the grass/fire chilli pepper Pokémon...
>>
>>29517989
Steel isn't that bad. Steampunk and robot shit give it a lot of leeway.

Ground conceptually could include anything on the ground. It's just a matter of whether or not they want it to be ground type or not. Most normal type rodents and stuff could easily be retyped to ground. It's not much harder than flying really.
>>
>>29517908
I think OP needs to see a doctor for that.
>>
File: guzma gives (you)s.png (556KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
guzma gives (you)s.png
556KB, 800x1280px
>>29517942
>>
>>29518087
>Most normal type rodents and stuff could easily be retyped to ground.
Or ghosts. Most animals have a spiritual meaning after all.
>>
>>29517908
Don't worry, it just means Diddy's supposed to pick it up.
>>
>>29518087
Most ground types have some kind of earth element thing going on, even Bunnelby digs holes. The hard part is separating Ground from Rock; Golurk could've been a rock type and nobody would've said "hey, I think this thing looks more like a Ground type than a Rock type"
>>
>>29518116
>>
>>29518142
But Golurk is a golem made out of clay. It's perfect.
>>
>>29517861 (OP)
>Is Electric the most creatively dry type when it comes to Pokemon designs?
>How to make 90% of Electric Type Pokemon
>Take an animal
>Paint it yellow
>Make it zap stuff

>Is Ice the most creatively dry type when it comes to Pokemon designs?
>How to make 90% of Ice Type Pokemon
>Take an animal
>Paint it cyan
>Put icicles on it

>Is Grass the most creatively dry type when it comes to Pokemon designs?
>How to make 90% of Grass Type Pokemon
>Take an animal
>Paint it green
>Put leaves on it

>Is Water the most creatively dry type when it comes to Pokemon designs?
>How to make 90% of Water Type Pokemon
>Take a marine animal
>Paint it blue

>Is Bug the most creatively dry type when it comes to Pokemon designs?
>How to make 90% of Bug Type Pokemon
>Take an arthropod
>Do literally nothing else
>>
>>29517908
Yield? Go? What?
>>
>>29517942
>lets take an existing bug
>and make it bigger
this anon is right
>>
>>29518142
Ground-types are generally heavier.
>>
File: Cs5QlULWgAAFF3e.jpg (136KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cs5QlULWgAAFF3e.jpg
136KB, 1200x720px
>>29517920
I think they're quite creative within those limitations. Within the fighting types they have pokemon based on Aura Manipulation, Kendo, Football, Wrestling, Sumo, Dancing, Construction Working, Capoera, and so on. Even if they almost entirely humanoid, they have a lot of working room when it comes to designing them.
>>
>>29517989
>hardest
i c what u did there buddy don't think you're off the hook.
>>
>>29517908
He has a big peel :3
>>
>>29517924
Nah, Electric managed to churn out stuff like Luxray and Zebstrika among other things rather than relying merely on yellow.
>>
>>29518934
Those still both have yellow though

also just animals unrelated to electricity, but with an electrical theme slapped on
>>
>>29518986
but very minimal, the closest you'll get to them is the edgy outlines because static and shit
>>
>>29517861
But it is a really fun type to use, so I don't care.
>>
>>29517920
I know what you mean, which is a shame cause with a lil imagination, Fighting types can be any body shape
>Boa constrictor
>Fighting type
>based on grappling and body-locks/submissions
>>
>>29517989
The problem for Rock is that GF feel they need to literally have jagged rocks on the pokemon to show that its Rock type.
Steel types usually just have some chrome colouring or a sheen to them to show they're Steel.
Rock has shown it can go this route too, with mons like Rampardos, Sudowoodo, Aerodactyl, Carracosta, Armaldo etc., to just suggest its Rock type rather than have boulderous tumors popping out of it.
>>
>>29517861
It also has the least variety out of all final starters
>make humanoid animal
>let it do stuff
They've done this since gen 3
>>
>>29519374
>Can't learn any punch or kick moves.

I see your imagination anon, but I just imagine it having the same move pool as Arbok.
>>
>>29520137
>Brick Break
>Bulk Up
>Circle Throw
>Counter
>Detect
>Final Gambit
>Focus Blast
>Force Palm (Force Exert in JP)
>Hammer Arm (uses tail)
>Karate Chop
>Low Kick
>Low Sweep
>Quick Guard
>Revenge
>Reversal
>Rock Smash
>Seismic Toss
>Storm Throw
>Submission
>Superpower
>Vacuum Wave
>Vital Throw
>Wake-Up Slap

All Fighting moves that can be achieved without feet or hands; Its about the technique, not the appendage. Prinplup learns Metal Claw, remember?
Also, the boa was based on Grappling fighting styles, so it didn't need to learn any punch/kicks anyway.
>>
>>29520212
Good idea. Aside from this and a beta fish though, there are nothing else
>>
>>29517908
It was used as a dildo during 'that time of the month'
>>
>>29520137
There was a rumor a while back that Alola Arbok would be a thing. Its ability would be like Aerilate, but for Fighting moves instead of Flying.
>>
>>29517897
>For every Chandelure, there's a Ninetales

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>>29519435
Lycanroc is a good sign for me, it's a pure rock type that doesn't fit the mold of normal rock types.

add that to the fact that it looks fast and learns a priority rock move? it's exciting.

>yfw gigalith learns accelrock by breeding
>>
>>29520761
Ninetales doesn't really look like it'd be a Fire-type. At least that's what I think he meant.
>>
>>29520761
for every good design theres a bad deign or vice versa
depending on whether his taste is shit or not
>>
>>29517861
Charmander Japanese name means fire lizard but actually is the Japanese word for the fire salamander, an animal that middle ages Europe believed to be linked to elemental fire.
>>
>>29521269
>>29517897
Ninetails is based on the Japanese fox spirit that is linked to fire as one of its powers.
>>
That's only true for Mono-fire.

Fire types rely on secondary typings for better designs.
>>
>>29517989
They are really difficult to design because they have a huge theme overlap. Ground and rock should really have been the same thing.
>>
>>29519569
Noting humanoid about Torterra, but you're mostly right.
>>
File: mein neger.jpg (12KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
mein neger.jpg
12KB, 289x289px
>>29518124
>>
>>29518356

Yes but there is a shitload of bug species to draw inspiration from. Fire only comes in one variety.
>>
>>29523322
>Earth element was split into two types from the very beginning
>Air element didn't have a type at all, and still barley does as there are only a handful of wind based flying attacks, and all have poor distribution.
>>
File: Salamandra_salamandra_01_by-dpc.jpg (699KB, 2202x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Salamandra_salamandra_01_by-dpc.jpg
699KB, 2202x1474px
>>29523054
They still took an animal painted it orange and set it on fire - even if it is associated with fire - why isn't charmander yellow and black?

they're only associated with fire because people fought they were unaffected by fire and the secretions of their skin had the ability to put out fires.
>>
>>29523331
I meant fire starters as a whole. the other types have more variety
>>
File: spooked.jpg (356KB, 1015x1156px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.jpg
356KB, 1015x1156px
>>29520907
>choice band Gigalith Accelrock
>>
>>29523384
This drives me nuts. Seriously, flying is a stupid concept for type when they could have used "wind" and have way more variety. Instead, we get ground and rock, which has been reduced to "Is it muddy? Ground. More of a solid concistency? Rock"
>>
>>29523366
And even then, fire is not reallt exploited. Most fire pokémon just follow a color pattern.

You could argue the same about electric types, but the rest of types have a concept they can work with.
>>
>>29523394
They also thought they were born from fire (why they were so associated with fire to begin with)
>put old log on fire
>salamander that was hibernating on it comes out running
>>
>>29517861
Fucking hell! Now I need to backtrack again and switch to Diddy Kong..
>>
>>29517861
Normal type
>take an animal
>leave it alone
Water type
>take a fish
>leave it alone
Rock type
>take a rock
>give it a face
>>
>>29517897
>for every Chandelure there's a Ninetales
You take that back
>>
>>29523612
Underrated Kongment.
>>
>>29523706
Fairy type
>draw a blob
>make it pink
Dragon type
>draw anything reptillian or not
>call it dragon type
Grass type
>take a plant
>make it a gecko
>>
>>29517861
Electric is pretty bad too.
>take animal
>cover it in yellow and black and make jagged bolt patterns
>>
>>29519023
>Zebstrika
>minimal
It's literally covered in jagged spiked and lightning bolt patterns. It's the least subtle design and it's one of the weaker ones of Gen V.
>>
>>29524682
And yet Chansey and Blissey, THE premier pink blobs of Pokemon aren't fairy
>>
>>29524682
Dragon types usually have some kind of mythological base.

Since Thailand has a myth regarding an Elephant turning into a dragon, I can see either a new dragon line based around asian elephants or a Dragon Donphan variant happening in the future.
>>
>>29523104
>Ninetails wasn't retconned to fire/fairy

possibly the biggest injustice ever in the history of pokemon
>>
>>29524817
>what is a zebra?
>>
>>29517897
>2016
>still no fire/grass pokemon that's a charred tree
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.