[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese trailers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uui DXEK3l

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1476587632135.png (222KB, 600x564px) Image search: [Google]
1476587632135.png
222KB, 600x564px
Japanese trailers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuiDXEK3lL4
>Informative
>Well edited
>Set out like a story

American trailers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uWAMwcRGmU
>Slideshow

Why are the English trailers shit?
>>
File: 1472621552764.png (409KB, 487x594px) Image search: [Google]
1472621552764.png
409KB, 487x594px
Nintendo's advertising in America is trash, even Europe doesn't have it as bad despite them getting like half the games we do

That's just the way life rolls. If Nintendo wasn't successful in the 80s and 90s, they'd be dead here today. Despite that, western countries are still where they get the most success
>>
>>29515787
This
>>
>>29515787
>Nintendo
GameFreak isn't Nintendo you bulbous idiot
>>
>>29515739
Japan, and by extension Japanese companies like Nintendo, is actually pretty racist. Despite making most of their money here, like >>29515787 said, they think very lowly of us. In fact, most aggressively Japanese games sell better here than they do in their home country. At least, that's what an old chart I read years ago when people were trying to convince Nintendo to bring Xenoblade to America said.
>>
>>29515787
You do know Nintendo helped stop the video game crash in the 80's right?
Without them you wouldn't be whining about kills on C.O.D with your 12 year old friends.
Show some fuckin respect.
>>
TPCi sucks

their trailers are grating and their translations are as stiff as cardboard, the average episode of generations is basically listening to two robots talk to each other

compare that to something like the Japan exclusive Train-On ads which tell an engaging story and are easy for even foreigners to understand

>>29516050
doing something good 30 years ago does not permanently absolve you from future criticism
>>
>>29515985
>GameFreak
TPCi isn't GameFreak you bulbous idiot
>>
>>29515985
Game Freak isn't the ones advertising their games either, it's TPCi. Game Freak just make the games and nothing else

But because TPCi exists due to Game Freak's autistic hatred against the thought of becoming second/first party with Nintendo, we have to stick with TPCi's decisions on how everything should be so it's even worse than general Nintendo advertising

All-in-all, the American side of things is trash and we still get censored bullshit like Morelull or Tapu Lele's bios. Things probably aren't gonna change
>>
File: 1477013899724.png (157KB, 249x275px) Image search: [Google]
1477013899724.png
157KB, 249x275px
>>29516050
That's some hardcore projection ya dumb faggot, I played Pokemon since Generation I. Why the fuck do you think I'm on a Pokemon board?
>>
>>29516081
>compare that to something like the Japan exclusive Train-On
Except we got those too
>>
>set out like a story

How? It's a slideshow in the same way, it just shows more footage. Heck, the English trailers actually try to explain things like moves and abilities.

>>29515787
TPCi handles all that shit ever since HGSS. And as bad as they are, it's astounding how much better they've gotten with game localization and ads since HGSS, if only for how absolutely awful they used to be.
>>
Yeah, I usually just watch the Jap trailers first now because they're more well put together.

I'll give the English trailer this though: it did the Red/Blue reveal better than the Jap trailer did.
>>
File: Not impressed.png (100KB, 591x418px) Image search: [Google]
Not impressed.png
100KB, 591x418px
>>29515739
Japanese trailers aren't perfect, some are great and others are just ok.
First big difference between the trailers, Jap version shows the middle evo's evolution screen where as the English trailer shows us the full line starting with the base form AND it plays the cries of each in order as they pop-up. Just on that alone I prefer the English trailer because the cries are nice and you get better perspective on the progression of the Pokemon through evolution. Japanese trailer shows the Pokemon at more angles and animations however you should note the English trailers shows amie footage as well whereas you'd forget that feature exists if you just watched the Japanese trailers.
-English trailer shows each island the new Tapus come from, Japanese doesn't
-Japanese shows more footage of the Tapu Z move which is nice
-Japanese trailer does a much much better job of introducing Cosmog and also shows off more of Persian
-English version tells us and shows us a bit about rebuilding the League, Jap version doesn't
-English version has an exceedingly better intro of Red and Blue/Green
At best you can say they're on even ground frankly, if you prefer the Japanese version then that's fine but don't be stupid enough to say the English version is dreadful and lacks effort. I like both and for these two in vids in particular I prefer the English version because of the way they handled showing the starters as well as the bit about the League and the cool intro for Red and Blue.
tldr, both versions are good; you're unfairly biased towards the Japanese version because of the white backgrounds that make it look a tad more professional
>>
>>29516096
>censored
explain
>>
>>29517090
Tapu Lele censors the fact her power is essentially Survivor from JoJo and forced the war she supposedly ended to end when all the fighters fought till their last breath

Morellul caused 9/11
>>
>>29516050
>Nintendo helped stop the video game crash in the 80's
This isn't the 80's anymore, grandpa.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.