[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is it? What a waste of a good concept. I suppose you could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: alola.jpg (98KB, 713x796px) Image search: [Google]
alola.jpg
98KB, 713x796px
This is it? What a waste of a good concept.

I suppose you could make a case for Snowslash, Icetales, and maybe Marowak being OK, but the rest of these suck. I get that we have to genwun pander, but did anyone really want another Raticate to box and never use? Why all these shitmons like Diglett, Geodude, and Grimer? Why couldn't they give cool new forms to pokemon people actually like? See: Tauros, Kingler, Lapras, Primeape, Golduck, Rapidash, Nidoking, etc. (that's not even counting all the later gen mons that are way more deserving)

At least there were several good mega evolutions when they were first introduced. Alola forms are walking abortions.
>>
>>29514476
Calm down.
>>
>>29514476
Yeah, I think they were a good idea to try another take on beloved mons. But Raticate? Grimer? Fucking Geodude? Really?
>>
>>29514476
Wasn't there some hideous alolan vaporeon thing?
Does that mean that fugly piece of shit was fake?
>>
>>29514476
>>29514563
Geodude is one of my favorite of the originals and I'm glad it now has a more cohesive evolutionary line even though Roggenrola did it better.
>>
File: tumblr_ma9ym65sCO1r5h8lro1_500.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ma9ym65sCO1r5h8lro1_500.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
i hold a glimmer of hope in my heart still that
there might be more
maybe
i know there probably isnt
but maybe
maybe something nice might happen
>>
>>29514521
OP doesn't seem very angry

>>29514476
I like the idea of many shitmons getting it. What will suck is if they remain ahitmons afterwards. Because that along with the low number will make them a waste
>>
>>29514476

>shitmons like diglett, geodude and grimer
>Pokemon people actually like like Lapras, Golduck, and Rapidash

How can you not see that this is all your subjective opinion? You might as well have just said "Why didn't they only make alolan forms for pokemon that I like? Why didn't they ask me to approve of all their ideas?"
>>
File: alolaformstiers.png (224KB, 1134x1630px) Image search: [Google]
alolaformstiers.png
224KB, 1134x1630px
Yeah, I'm more disappointed by the number of Alolan forms than the number of new Pokemon. At least gen 6 went all out with its new form gimmick.

Raichu, Exeggutor and Marowak are my favorite. The rest are either just ok or shit.
>>
Pokemon that had evolutions or pre-evolutions that were introduced in any generation that wasn't Kanto were automatically excluded.

Legendaries excluded, starters excluded, fossils excluded, Eevee squad excluded, gimmickmons excluded.

Pretty sure there's not much left after that.
>>
>>29515642
Tauros
Fearow
Dodrio
Machamp
Primeape
Kingler
Tentacruel
Cloyster
Dewgong
Arbok
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Butterfree
Venomoth
Rapidash
Arcanine
Victreebell
>>
>>29514476
>Alolan Raichu
>Bad
kys
>>
>>29515758
Plus all their pre evos and the following you forgot
>Parasect
>Seaking
>Starmie
>Dragonite
Are also viable candidates and with the pre evos there is a MASSIVE POOL of Pokemon that could've been with alolan forms and that's not including the pre evos for already alolan forms
In short gamefreak's creativity is fucking disappointing
>>
>snowslash
>icetales
>marowak, just marowak

This is it? What a waste of a good concept.
>>
>>29516210
Firewak or Maroghost
>>
>GF finally pays attention to Raichu after 2 decades

I'm satisfied. Don't give a shit about the others t b h.
>>
Just using Muk and Ninetales desu.
>>
>>29516210
I briefly tried to come up with one but I got nothing. Taking a page out of Gamefreak's book and half-assing it.
>>
>>29516210
>>29516310
>>29516533
Flare-owak, you numbskulls
>>
>>29516210
3spooks5wak
>>
>>29515758
>>29516120

You guys are forgetting Weezing and Golduck too.

Gamefreak really dropped the ball on this one. I really hope S/M sales decline hard.
>>
>>29514476
Eh. They could easily add in more Alolan forms when the Kanto remakes come out next, just like how ORAS added new Megas.
>>
>>29514476
>12 fully evolved alolan forms when we got over 20 megas in the first game

why did they bother?
>>
>>29516661
They should have removed megas and added more alolan forms.
That shitty gimmick is dead anyway. I'm glad they at least locked it away in postgame.
>>
>>29514476
Eh, I'm taking this as a sort of "proof of concept" or "test run" for the idea. See how popular Alola forms are and how people react to them, and then when we get a third game and/or remake title for this gen, they can make more if the concept does well. Next gen will likely introduce similar forms for other pokemon based on that region and it's biomes.

Ya'll people need to stop bitching about lower numbers of new pokemon in each gen. The dex is starting to get ridiculously bloated, so smaller regional dexes bolstered by regional variants on older pokemon seems like a great idea to me. It gives you a fresh coat of paint and some new ways to enjoy old favorites while you get a nice bunch of new ones to play around with too, and meanwhile the dex doesn't skyrocket to 1000+ in one outing. We're already floating around the 800 mark.

It's not bad to have a lot of variety, but from a business standpoint you have to realize that they also want to draw in new players and people who aren't familiar with the franchise. In a game that has "gotta catch them all" as not just a catch phrase but an in-game goal, you have to realize that a new person might look at the ridiculous number and ask why they should care enough to collect them all. Like, if you enjoyed Alola and had fun with it and want to keep learning and getting better, why on earth would you feel the need to go out of your way to track down a Spinda or a Ledyba? They're not exactly useful pokemon, just like a large number of older mons. A good chunk of the dex is relegated to a sort of "pin collecting" status, where you don't really *want* them, but you need them to fill in the pokedex. They need to slow down at this point so they can keep from overwhelming new players.

Regional variants are just an extension of that. They're meant to give us "new" pokemon without inflating the actual number of species astronomically, and that's not a bad thing.
>>
File: Yummy Shinobu Quality.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Yummy Shinobu Quality.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>29516793
>Third game
>When we haven't had one of those since Platinum

If anything, what you said about the Pokedex getting bloated means we should have MORE Alolan forms since it's a way to add variety without superfluously inflating the number. Compared to Megas, this mechanic is an intense disappointment in terms of variety and what it can offer us

Test run my ass after making like 40+ Megas last Gen. This shit barely breaks 10 different lines
>>
>>29514476
>What a waste of a good concept.
That's Gamefreak in a nutshell.

Now look how they will drop regional variants completely for the next generation.

Gamefreak - One step forward, three steps backwards.
>>
>>29516839
Third game may happen on Switch because of no backwards compatibility
>>
File: 1474523605671.jpg (43KB, 554x921px) Image search: [Google]
1474523605671.jpg
43KB, 554x921px
>>29514838
This
It's okay to hope anon
It's okay
Come here, bring it in buddy
>>
Alolan Muk is the best Poison Type Pokemon
>>
Can anyone tell me what the Alolan Geodude line is based on? For now it reminds me of Mega Aerodactyl
>>
>>29517761
>Can anyone tell me what the Alolan Geodude line is based on?

same concept as Probopass but with a railgun thrown in.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.