[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix pokemon? I mean, realistically speaking, nobody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 56dfc7b95a1bd[1].jpg (188KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
56dfc7b95a1bd[1].jpg
188KB, 600x336px
How do we fix pokemon?

I mean, realistically speaking, nobody would let 10 years olders traveling around alone, facing beasts like mewtwo or groudon.

- To be able to own pokemon, people should be at least 20 years old.
- To be able to participate in official battles like in tournaments and gyms, people should be graduated at pokemon school or something like that.

How do people actually earn money from battles? betting? stealing from the loser?
>>
>>29514406
If you can catch a force of nature, you are a good enough trainer, anything else is bullshit.
>>
>>29514406
as for the the trashnime, the money making procedure is never disclosed when it comes to the twerpfaggots.

it's only brought up when we see Team Rocket having no money as usual.
>>
File: 1419865269442.jpg (577KB, 1153x823px) Image search: [Google]
1419865269442.jpg
577KB, 1153x823px
>>29514406
>I mean, realistically speaking
>>
>>29514406
>realistically speaking
How do we fix OP?

I mean, trying to understand a completely fictional word by applying real life standards to it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>29514439
that's the point, children shouldn't be able to catch forces of nature. they can't even take care of themselves
>>
>>29514406
you pay the africans in the reserves to catch the excess indian elephants they can't afford to feed
>>
>>29514493
even fictional worlds should make sense
>>
>>29514439
this.

see, if I'm watching a pokemon anime series, it's all about fun and games, too many restrictions like that would bore any kid to death. on top of that, faggots in the show be 10 so kids relate to the protags more.

I'd totally watch a series about a mid-30s pokemon trainer, however.
>>
>>29514538
In the pokemon world, kids travelling around the region with their pokemon makes sense. That's how their culture/society works.
>>
>>29514499
you don't get it. childhood is about dreaming big and that includes stupid power fantasies.

>>29514538
they already do.

>muh logic

is retarded fedora shit and poison for any good, imaginative media product. I'm hyperboling this but you know what I mean.
>>
>>29514622
>you don't get it. childhood is about dreaming big and that includes stupid power fantasies.
I know, anon, but we aren't children anymore, right? It would be nice if we had anything that was meant to appeal to us.
>>
>>29514712
>It would be nice if we had anything that was meant to appeal to us.

yup. but I guess that can't be pokemon or at least not all of it.
>>
>>29514406
>I mean, realistically speaking, nobody would let 10 years olders traveling around alone, facing beasts like mewtwo or groudon.
You're looking at it from our world perspective. Kids clearly mature faster and are much stronger in the Pokemon world.
Pokemon world is perfect. No fixing needed.
>>
File: 533ccd55914e2.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
533ccd55914e2.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>29514792
>Pokemon world is perfect.

it really is. pic related.
>>
>>29514792
every kid is trying to be a trainer or something like a pokemon doctor/veterinary. where are the kids studing to be other things? like engineers, gardeners, NEETs, etc.
>>
>>29514889
Wherever they want to? Schools, studing at home, anything works. Just like our world.
>>
>>29514406
Defeating a champion is a rite of passage. However, it should not be treated as a job.The real fuckers who treat their man-child hobby as a job all go to the battle islands where they can circle-jerk their opinions in private.
>>
>>29514406
>How do people actually earn money from battles? betting? stealing from the loser?

Retcon everything into "just a game that kids play" and "anime that kid watches."

Actual Pokemon battling is serious business, reserved for young adults. People spent their lives training with Pokemon, and hence the need for specialization in Gyms and by the E4 to unlock the secret power of Pokemons (specialization doesn't make sense ingame because it was just oversimplification of game mechanics). In this "real" Pokeverse, movesets doesn't have PP, base damage, accuracy, etc. It's obvious that a "Slash" move from Scyther is gonna be more damaging than a "Slash" move from Persian. Also base stats isn't as clear cut as it is in the game. Some Pokemon are obviously faster than others, or have higher defense than others but in general say one could specialize in Rock pokemon so much to unlock the true potential and have Golem outspeed Starmie.

Also trainers don't just bark orders. They do what they're supposed to do, TRAIN pokemon and then let their pokemon loose against other pokemons. Maybe bark some generic orders like how a coach would bark some orders, but not move by move order, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
>>
I like to imagine that people would kill charizards to eat their wings
>>
>>29514406
>I mean, realistically speaking, nobody would let 10 years olders traveling around alone, facing beasts like mewtwo or groudon.
I mean, realistically beast like mewtwo and groudon don't exist
>>
>>29515155
good fiction stories try to appear more credible by using real world explanations with some artistic license.
>>
>>29514406
Maybe instead of HM's, there could be some kind of survivor/mining kit. An Axe to cut trees, a pickaxe for rock smash, etc.

Have a rival that actually challenges you. None of this "Hey, we're best friends, let's have a friendly little match." shit. He doesn't need to be a complete edge lord or anything, maybe just a proper balance between Barry and Silver. As long as it's not like May or the god awful Kalos "rivals."

Have decent level curve, and give areas a variety of wild Pokémon. My biggest complaint with Hoenn was shit late game leveling. And have it not be like Kalos. If I'm going to have level 70 Pokémon by the time I reach the champion (and this is without the EXP Share), I don't want to be able to sweep them all with one hits. I want the NPCs to make me work for it, I want to feel like I've earned the right to become champion.

And if the evil team steals Pokémon from other trainers, then I don't want to be facing Zubat's or Poochyena's. Have them at least act smart, maybe one of them stole a Charmander from a newbie or something. No fucking level 32 Wurmple's.

Or, if we're talking strictly how to fix the anime, just have a loose adaptation of the manga and combine elements of Origins with it.
>>
>>29515606
>combine elements of Origins with it.

Like how Giovanni's Rhyhorn one shots Jolteon with Thunderbolt?
>>
>>29515669
I was thinking more like how the characters interacted, like with Giovanni and Red, and the art style. And use the abilities more. Like how Jolteon should've had Volt Absorb.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.