[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what i noticed? /vp/ loves to shit on starters, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1477591020112.png (603KB, 843x633px) Image search: [Google]
1477591020112.png
603KB, 843x633px
You know what i noticed? /vp/ loves to shit on starters, and starters only. For example, you always see people bashing, say, Delphox, Decidueye and Blastoise (only examples, people shit on the other starters too) but if you say something similar about similar designs, such as Ninetales, Noctowl and Carracosta, YOU get shat on. Of course people are always shitting on many Pokemon, but it seems that starters are ALWAYS the bad guys here. Is it literally only because they're starters? What's the difference, design-wise, between a starter and a "normal" Pokemon? If, say, Meganium was a "normal" Pokemon and Lilligant was a starter, would things change on both sides?
>>
>>29504563
Starters are normie tier pokémon, if you want to be in the side of the cool guys you need to hate them.
>>
>>29504563
Nah. Shitty designs of regular pokemon are just ignored. Shitty normal pokwmon only get shit on when they first come out.

The difference is the stater is supposed to be he first Pokémon you choose, a gift from the professor, it's supposed to be your bro throughout the game. It's a pokemon with meaning and is more permanent than any other Pokémon.

So it's more upsetting than a regular Pokémon who you can just ignore.

If Lilligant was a starter people would like the design. It's a good design. Though it's a 2 stage mon so poor example there. If Meganium was a normal mon people would question the need for its middle/first stage and just ignore it after calling it boring.
>>
>>29504563
I always wondered this too. I've been playing Pokemon since Emerald and in no game have I ever even thought about boxing my starter. I don't get why someone would do that.
>>
People usually build their team around their starters so they are more disappointed when they dislike one or two of them because they won't be able to replay the game with that starter.
>>
>similar designs, such as Ninetales, Noctowl and Carracosta
what
>>
>>29504563
>>29504670
This plus it's been stated that alot of time is spent on them. So if they're bad there is no excuse.
>>
>>29504563
>is it literally only because they're starters?
yes. As the other anon mentioned, starters are literally the first pokemon you choose, and are generally meant to be kept for the rest of the game. It makes sense that they have higher judging standards than others since everyone who plays the game is forced to choose between one of 'em.

Although they're not forced to keep them. Speaking of, I wonder how many people actually do box their starters right off the bat. Despite all the talk, I'm sure it's a minority of players, and of course there's the chance that mons will grow on people over time.

Personally, I only do it if I'm replaying a game and would like to have a bit more challenge or something by using shitmons you find in the first routes instead. The starters are relatively strong anyway.
>>
>>29504563
The main reason is a bad random pokemon can be ignored. A bad starter would be the poster boy for like 3 years
>>
>>29504563
Starters are hold on to higher standards, since they are your first pokemon, normal shitty mons just get forgotten or left aside, starters are forever, also.

>similar designs, such as Ninetales, Noctowl and Carracosta,
Hahahah, no.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.