[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>b-b-but why is Decidueye even Grass/Ghost? It still has wings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-015Beedrill.png (55KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-015Beedrill.png
55KB, 250x250px
>b-b-but why is Decidueye even Grass/Ghost? It still has wings and can fly

Well.....
>>
I think it's more that Dartrix has flying and Decidueye loses flying which is unprecedented. But who am I to stop your shitposting?
>>
>>29502894
Why is it ghost when its design doesn't convey ghosts in the slightest
>>
File: charizard-x.png (198KB, 961x831px) Image search: [Google]
charizard-x.png
198KB, 961x831px
>>29503099
> Unprecedented.

Its a big word anon. It makes sense that you wouldn't know what it means.
>>
File: 8e1.png (304KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
8e1.png
304KB, 680x510px
>>29502894
but but but
there is lore to this
it's rattata's fault
>>
>>29503099
It's not unprecedented, though. Scyther loses it, too.
>>
>>29503138
There are many Pokemon based on extinct animals. None of them are Ghost-type. Try again, lorekilling Ohmori cocksucking GF apologist.
>>
>>29503154
>Scyther is a bird
>Scyther is a three stage mon
>Scyther/Scizor evo is a typical evo and not meant to be a preferential evo (even though Scizor is better 99% of the time)

inb4 owls are birds. Strigiformes are an order under the class of Aves.
>>
>>29503280
That doesn't mean being based on an extinct animal isn't a valid reason.
>>
>>29503129
>Mega evos are traditional evos

Okay anon.
>>
>>29503280
Owls are all about legend and folklore and have been for centuries. They have a special place in >Hawaiian mythology. It is said that they rescue souls from the underworld and safely guide armies. Legend has it that the God Kāne became an owl once to protect the Hawaiian people.
>>
File: 250px-212Scizor.png (57KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-212Scizor.png
57KB, 250x250px
>>29503337
I knew you'd go for that bait.

Pathetic.
>>
>>29503564
>>29503303
>>
>>29503344
Owls are also associated with wisdom (psychic) and the moon (fairy) and tons of other shit. If they're going with spooky owl then they should make it a spooky owl. The vibrant robin hood suit does not spook. Nothing about its design is ghostly. It was clearly an afterthought.
>>
>>29503099
A starter being Grass/Flying was unprecedented, does that mean Rowlet's typing was a mistake?
>>
>>29505295
Dude, Bulbasaur was Grass/Poison from the get-go. With that, there's no precedence as to why starters truly had to be confined to a single Grass/Fire/Water type before evolving. It just seemed like tradition from Gen II-VI to keep the beginning starters monotyped.
>>
>>29503099
It goes from a barn owl to stilt-owl. While the stilt-owl still could fly, it was more a land-dweller and made its nests to the ground.
>>
>>29505773
The post I replied to specified flying-type. It's unprecedented for a starter to be part-flying.

If we want to talk about types in general, there are plenty of mons that lose types on evolution.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.