[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these the biggest offenders of "awkward middle stage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: puberty.png (2MB, 1938x1872px) Image search: [Google]
puberty.png
2MB, 1938x1872px
Are these the biggest offenders of "awkward middle stage syndrome" among starters?

>Rowlet turns into a snob, then becomes Grass Greninja
>Litten does get more emotional as it evolves, but the middle stage isn't bipedal to ease us into the final stage like previous Fire starters, it just turns into a bigger cat then suddenly muscular man-tiger
>Brionne is stuck between the silliness of Popplio and the beauty of Primarina
>>
>>29502081
> Grass Greninja
Aesthetically, yes but that description says otherwise, he's still a screw up.
>>
>>29502081
A lot of water starters have weird mid evos.
Prinplup, Marshtomp, Croconaw.
Brionne is fine as a mid stage, you can see it turning into Primarina and evolving from Popplio, it's almost a perfect fit. Croconaw introduces a theme and drops it completely, and Prinplup and Marshtomp are just ugly compared to their other stages
>>
>>29502081
>awkward middle stage syndrome
I fucking hate this fan base so much...
>>
>>29502081
And Torracat is also a muscular man-tiger, people just choose to ignore it for some reason. It looks more like a kid on all-fours than a cat
>>
Rowlet > Litten > Popplio

Torracat > Brionne > Dartrix

Primarina > Decidueye > Incineroar

perfect balance
>>
only awkward one is Dartrix, others fit fine.
>>
At least Litten's middle stage exists to those who prefer not acknowledging that Incineroar exists.

At least Brionne still resembles a sea lion, albeit one that thought it'd be cute to put on some frills and cute little bubble pigtails on its ears to go along with it.

At least Dartrix still resembles a barn owl, a snobby one, that is.
>>
File: 651.png (846KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
651.png
846KB, 1280x1280px
>>29502081
>>
>>29502081
Brionne is actually a pretty good transition and it's my favorite of the line. But I agree the other two look so fucking out of place with their first and third stages. They both do the Charmeleon thing of getting different colors and then suddenly going back to the first stage colors.
>>
>>29502308

Ya know, you just made me realize something that I find really clashing with the Popplio line. Popplio is dark blue, but Brionne looks like its skin/fur is getting brighter and is no longer that dark blue.

then Primarina decides to go full white as expected, but somehow got a skin/fur layer that resembles a gown/fish tail that's got the same color as Popplio's skin even though Brionne is far from having that same shade of blue in any part of its body? And the white from its snout actually gets SMALLER compared to Popplio's snout?

fuck me, that's really fucking weird
>>
>>29502212
What's the issue, namefag?
>>
>>29502264
Are you me?
>>
>>29502286
1000x better than Chesnaught.
>>
>>29502081
Nah fuck you, Torracat is great

and you can see in its animations that it stands on its hind legs when attacking
>>
>>29502081
Torracat looks better than its final evo IMO, it's also less goofy looking. I'm not sure if Brionne really fits either since it's supposed to be a cute popstar.

Dartrix is literally an awkward teenager though.
>>
>>29502275
All three final evos look like the animals they're based on, especially Decidueye. Incineroar looks more like a man than a tiger, I agree, but Primarina's main body still resembles a sea lion even though the mermaid stuff takes priority (head and long handflippers)
>>
>>29502081
yeah but it's also suffering from "fucking hideous abomination final stage syndrome" like every other starter since gen 5 except greninja
>>
>>29502081
Dartrix? Yes. The other two? No.
>>
>>29502430
This desu
>>
File: decidueye.png (756KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
decidueye.png
756KB, 1000x800px
>>29502501
>Decidueye
>hideous

Get out of here.
>>
The progression of personality of the Rowlet doesn't make much sense but they're good designs so it's fine.

Torracat is a pretty solid mid evo even if it does kind of suffer from "it just gets bigger" syndrome.

Brionne, however, is fucking awful looking. It looks like a failed clone experiment. Incomplete looking in a way. And this is coming from someone who was with Popplio day one and loves Primarina.
>>
>>29502696
>Torracat is a pretty solid mid evo even if it does kind of suffer from "it just gets bigger" syndrome.
I hope you fall off a cliff and almost die but survive long enough for me to come into your hospital and give your tubes a waggle to finish the job myself
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>>29502413

Reminder that Charmander goes from orange to red and back to orange again.
>>
File: image.png (526KB, 600x526px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
526KB, 600x526px
>>29502716
>>
>>29502501

Simply ebin.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.