[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why people ship Red and Blue together?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: redgrue.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
redgrue.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
Can someone explain to me why people ship Red and Blue together? I mean, they're rivals- and Blue is really arrogant and douchey to Red. Honestly, I never really liked fandom shipping much.
>>
>>29496697
I can't believe how they designed Blue. He looks like a woman.
>>
>>29496697
Because people are lonely and pretend fictional characters are together to try and fill the void in their lives. If they can pretend two people are in love, they can pretend they are too. Bonus points if it's a gay couple so that tumblr with lap it up with progressive ideals. I'm gay and I find it really disgusting
>>
>>29496697
Friendly teasing and Red isn't as sensitive as you which is why they are traveling together now.
>>
It's like the kid who bullied you, but later admitted to you in highschool he thinks you are cute, and has for ages, but didn't know what he felt, so he was scared and confused, and that was his way of expressing himself. Then you guys go to the school bathroom and make out, skip class and cuddle in the library cause no one uses it in my hick town.
>>
>>29496697
I'm not sure. My best guest would be because they're always seen together and there's competitive tension between them or something; that's my best guess.

The only people who actually ship them are weird girls/women who are into BL or gays. But from the trailer, it's safe to say that they've become friends after growing up and maturing.
>>
>>29496697
>why people ship Red and Blue together?
It upsets genwunners, which is always a good thing.
>>
>>29496697
>why people ship Red and Blue together?
Someplace somewhere, there are people who ship Red with Ash.
Red/Blue is relatively tame compared to that.

>they're rivals
Have you heard of the trope "Foe Yay"?
>>
>>29496800

Aw, that's adorable. I hope you speak from experience, anon.
>>
>>29496866

I've seen requests for Adult Red and teenager Max. Hell i wouldn't be surprised to see some Adult red/wally since they both were in the trailer.
>>
>>29496697
>shipper
>logical
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>29496697
It's just retarded fujoshits and faggots, just ignore them.
>>
>>29496856
Yet some people such as yourself consistently want to group all genwunners into one category. There are the shitty genwunners who say that the first gen is the best because in reality it's the only one they played and never gave the rest of the series a chance. Then there are the decent genwunners, who are open to discussion and debate because they've played all the games. Never forgetti mom's spaghetti, anon.
>>
>>29496856
I guess I'll start shipping it now.
>>
>>29496697
> why people ship Red and Blue together
Cancerous shippers as usual.
If Blue talked to Wally at one point, people would have paired Wally with Blue.
>>
Tumblr is gay as shit
>>
>>29496697
It's love
>>
>>29496697
Red is the strong silent type and Blue is the hot headed arrogant type. Their personalities compliment each other well- their dynamic is pretty much one of three universal relationship archetypes.

Beyond that, they're always depicted together, and you, the player as Red are chasing after him in game.
>>
>>29497062
Actually sometimes, they don't even need interaction, just being in the same unviverse
>>
>>29498599
this t b h
>>
>>29498599
This.

I feel like the fact that you're able to witness Red and Blue interactions through a third person perspective (as opposed to Red being the player character), helps as well.
>>
>>29496697
Replaying FRLG Blue is really childish pulling the whole "I let you win" shit whenever he and Red battle.

He does show an interest in seeing how well you've been raising your Pokemon however.

While he's an asshole for battling you in the worst possible spots, he does chill out by the time HGSS happen. He and Red likely patched up their relationship sometime between HGSS and BW2, since they're at the BW2 together with the other champs and gym leaders.

Reminder before the Kanto games happened Red and Blue were friends, Blue just got an ego and started to want to 1up Red in everything.
>>
A lot of people on this board don't have a life. That's why.
>>
>>29496697
because autism
>>
>>29496697
people are gay like that
>>
>>29500540
>implying shipfags need things to be in the same universe
There's Garchomp x Jinx from League of Legends.
>>
>>29498599
>typical red oni/blue oni duality justifies shipping
>>
>>29496754
well, bottoms tend to be more feminine
>>
>>29503126
>implying it doesn't
I didn't know there was a fucking checklist.
>>
>>29496697
With this reveal it's not even shipping anymore, they might as well have the player walking in on them making out.
>>
>>29503126
Yes anon, you understand now
>>
>>29498524
:^)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.