[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I don't get it. If Pokemon changed Jynx's original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1166.jpg (66KB, 495x297px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1166.jpg
66KB, 495x297px
Okay I don't get it. If Pokemon changed Jynx's original black skin color because it was racist, then why did they create four black humanoid Pokemon again?
>>
>>29495384
Because island niggers don't have feelings.
>>
>>29495384
Jynx had tits, lips, and a dress. These things don't look human at all.
>>
File: 1475197272516.gif (665KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1475197272516.gif
665KB, 500x375px
>>29495392
>>
>>29495413
Humanoid. I said humanoid. They do look very human-y, especially the two Tapu girls.
>>
it wasn't just the black skin, it was that it was a play on old blackface acting and sambo dolls with the lips, eyes, etc. It was a combination of the whole thing. I'm not saying I agree with it, just explaining why you're wrong.
>>
Jynx was like an opera singer and these are more like fairy tiki creatures. I see your point. I wish that had t happened to Jynx because it's one of my faves and they won't ever use it again probably
>>
Bring back jimmy jynx
>>
Jynx's skin color was changed not because it was black, but because the black skin combined with the lips and open eyes completely resembled blackface to western audiences.
>>
>>29495435
>this misinformation again
They aren't based off sambo dolls. It's based on yuki onna, ice spirits from japanese folklore.
Her skin was black because it wasnt skin. In pokemon collusseum, she melts away when fainted
>>
>>29495500
You're right that's what it's based on. But the design had connotations of blackface in the west.
>>
>>29495384
Because the look more like wooden creatures than a ganguro viking woman.
>>
>>29495545
Americans just had to go and fuck everything up again.
>>
>>29495545
>blackface
>the west
Stop trying to make America the west.
Zwarte piet isn't blackface.
>>
blacks don't play pokemon, maybe GF finally realized this
>>
>>29495384
jynx's skin color wasn't the problem it was her close resemblance to specific racist caricatures. her skin color was just what they chose to change to try and distance her from it. honestly i'd have gotten rid of the lips and kept the black skin but recolor is easier on the editors since it requires no erasing or redrawing, particularly in animation or profile.
>>
>>29497027
>Zwarte piet isn't blackface.
what? Yes it is. Zwarte piet is 100% blackface, just not american blackface
>>
>>29495428
>I've never seen a real woman before.
>>
>>29495500
yes it literally is. Japan loves little sambo dolls they have no overt racist intentions behind it, they just like the way it looks. they've been producing and selling them and things in that general likeness ever since american soldiers brought them over during the postwar occupation. they didn't take its history into consideration because it's not like the first pokemon were made with any kind of international audience in mind.
>>
>>29495500
>yuki onna
That's Frosslass.
>>
>>29495384
>Chicken, Snail, Dolphin and Bull
>Humanoid
Autism
>>
>>29495384
I want the one on the right
>>
>>29499319
Oh yeah it's meant to be the Yama Uba right?
>>
>>29495384

Are you retarded, or.....?
>>
>>29495500
>>29495435
The design itself is based on ganguros, aka Japanese wannabe niggers
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.