[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, it seems that most people are convinced that Leaf will appear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 5

So, it seems that most people are convinced that Leaf will appear in Battle Tree because Sugimori was practicing drawing her a few months ago, but is there anyone who thinks it's only 90% likely that she'll appear?

I know I'm minority, but I'm not 100% convinced that she'll appear. Yes, I WOULD bet money on her appearing, and I do think that'll most likely be the case, but I would say there's still a small chance she won't appear.
>>
I actually think she won't appear at all and Red wil be the only PC who appears so they don't have to make any of the others canon with canon teams.
It's news to me Sugimori actually drew art of her, though. Did he give her a name?
>>
>>29494811
>Sugimori was practicing drawing her a few months ago
GEN I REMAKES FOR SWITCH CONFIRMED
GENWUNNERS WINNING AGAIN, SUCK IT SINNOHFETUSES
>>
>>29494811
Drawing her means nothing in regards to SM, because it's well known that "Leaf" is basically Sugi's waifu. I think she represents his childhood crush or something, I dont remember exactly. I just know she's special to him
>>
>>29494811
Who is that girl?
>>
>>29494855
O-kay.

Shitpost noted.
>>
IS NOT CANON
S

N
O
T

C
A
N
O
N
>>
>>29494886
Never played FRLG I assume?
>>
>>29494886
She's a character from before your first game, BW, so you don't need to worry about her. Way before your time.
>>
>>29494811
>So, it seems that most people are convinced that Leaf will appear in Battle Tree because Sugimori was practicing drawing her a few months ago
I honestly doubt most people were convinced by such circumstantial evidence. You're really not in the minority.
>>
>>29494811
between this, updating Gen 1 with more dragons, ice and dark types, updated Red and Blue, and the references to Kanto in SM, I'm beginning to get on the "Kanto sequels" train, rather than the "DP remakes" train

Kanto sequels Gen 7 and DP remakes/sequels Gen 8
>>
>>29494811
That doesn't make sense as Sugimori doesn't do the art for Sun/Moon.
>>
>>29494916
i played pokemon red and there were no gender options then so i honestly have no idea of who she might be
>>
>>29494966
You mean the recent VC release, right? They didn't show her in this one. Older fans will remember her from the classic RBY guide from back in the day and her playable appearance in FRLG.
>>
>>29494929
Doesn't it seem more likely that the more Gen I references in the game, the less likely they feel the need to do an actual remake? That's how I see it at least.
>>
>>29494990
my friend lent me his red cartridge for my gameboy color so i never had a look at the manual
thanks for the clarification though
>>
>>29494929
A gen1 remake/sequel would sell the switch like hotcakes too
>>
>>29494811
Sugimori barely does the art anymore.
>>
I'm not expecting her at all because Gamefreak hasn't given a fuck about her since FRLG, I would love to be surprised, though.
>>
>>29495083
Weird that he decided to draw Leaf and tweet it if she wasn't going to be relevant. It's like the Tiger Mask retweet out of nowhere
>>
>>29494992
I don't think it really matters either way. RS had plenty of references to Johto, but we got a FRLG remake. DP are chock full of references to all the older games, but they did have quite a few Johto references (Lake Of Rage incident being a big example) and we got a GS remake that generation. XY were full of references to every gen but predominantly gen 1 and 5, we didn't get a gen 1 remake though: we got ORAS.

The references made in a main series title don't dictate what game we get next, it's just people looking for patterns where there aren't any. Sun and Moon have plenty of Gen 1 pandering and also some subtle references to Gen 4 (Silvally's ability for example) but that doesn't mean we're getting either. We'll have to see how it goes.
>>
>>29494885
>Leaf Sugi's waifu
>When the first thing you see on his twitter is a lot of Peach figures and shit
I'm sure he jizzed all over the place when he was allowed to officially draw Peach for one of the art pics in smash
>>
>>29495212
We also have the eShop releases which may make another set of remakes redundant. Seems like bad marketing imo
>>
>>29494929

I wouldn't mind a Kanto sequel, but only if the pokedex has a bit more meat to it & we get to to go to both Johto and Sevii Island.
>>
>>29495567
Kanto remake, once you become champion, timeskip happens and your character is now in adult form, postgame lets you in Johto.
>>
>>29495529
And yet when he did get to draw her she was really awkward looking with sticks for arms.
>>
>>29494992
At first I was thinking so, but then it started to feel like setup instead and now I dont know anymore

>>29495212
You make sense though, it's really just about waiting to see what they do. If anything, I want Kanto sequels purely so that sequels can be the new normal rather than remakes, which should no longer exist

>>29495567
I'd expect a Kanto sequel to update the dex. I dont think we'd get both Johto and Sevii though
>>
>>29494811
I wish they'd put all of the old MCs, rivals and major supporing characters like Esuine and Colress in the battle tree but they'll never do that.
>>
I doubt she'll appear at all which is fucking lame
>>
>>29495785
Not all, but at least the three most recent regions. Red, Leaf, Brendan, May, Calem and Serena would be fine provided they updated all designs and involved them in the story a bit.
>>
>>29494811
Leaf is a gender swap Red and nothing more; of course FRLG will be her only appearance.
>>
>>29494811
Leaf is not canon
>>
>>29494811
>Leaf

Noncanon, my friend.
Give it up.
>>
>>29495641
tfw draw your own waifu like shit
>>
File: 1476572145532.png (214KB, 531x469px) Image search: [Google]
1476572145532.png
214KB, 531x469px
If you can get leaf to follow you around I'm going to fucking die
>>
File: Leaf Red.jpg (123KB, 410x630px) Image search: [Google]
Leaf Red.jpg
123KB, 410x630px
>>29495962
>>29495969
>>29495971
These
>>
>>29495535
Well, from the way I look at it
>FRLG stayed true to it's source material, HGSS strayed somewhat, ORAS veered right off course and did whatever the fuck it wanted to
>All of the best bits of ORAS were new content, and all of the old Hoenn stuff was lazily slapped in - almost felt more like they wanted to do a new game or sequel and only did a remake to appease fans
>eShop Bank compatibility means they can just put older games back in the limelight in that way
>With gen 7's lack of grids, the fundamentals of many town layouts, caves, grid puzzles, ice puzzles and so on have to be completely done from scratch. Not to mention removal of HMs
Each remake has strayed further from its source material, eShop bank compatibility is a Godsend, and gen 7 has fundamentally changed many of the most core elements of Pokemon. The way I see it, we won't get traditional "remakes" from here on out - they'll be so chopped up and redesigned and tweaked that it'd be more appropriate to think of them as reboots/reimaginings.

I'm 90% sure Game Freak are done with traditional remakes. We'll get eShop releases of Diamond and Pearl, and if they ever do revisit Sinnoh or Kanto in full 3D it'll either be a vastly different timeline version of them, or it'll be Diamond/Pearl/Red/Green 2.
>>
>>29496308
I stand to this very day that ORAS should have been sequels to RSE over being remakes.

Like how hyped would you be to have Brendan/May as the champ or whatever the fuck they're doing, and battle them after all this time?

Or the other character being the new professor of the region?

They could have changed the region up and justify changes as due to time passing as well.
>>
>>29495083
>>29494961

Why people keep saying this when it's clearly his style in all characters except those from the Aether foundation, the UBs and the third evolutions?
>>
>>29494811
you're not in the minority, it just seems that way because everyone here likes to post in absolutes
>>
That moment when you enter Reds house and she is actually his wife.
>>
>>29496707
I'd suck Masuda's dick cheese if that happens
>>
>>29494811
>I think its only 90% likely she'll appear
Try 0%
Red and Blue are the established characters; Leaf is literally the "what if Red was a girl" character, as in she doesn't exist unless Red is out of the picture
I mean if you wanna dream and hope GF will put her in with the rest of the non-established MC Characters then you're free to do so. But it would be healthier if you understood that Gamefreak has never done that before and nothing so far hints that they will.
>>
>>29496609
Most of the pokemon art is drawn by Ohmura this gen, but for some reason not all of them: there's a few random ones like Minior, Pikipek and Komala that he obviously did, but almost all the rest of them is drawn by Ohmura.
Also worth noting that since XY, Megumi Mizutani is also helping out with the trainer art work, so her art might be in here too.
>>
>>29497192
What you are thinking it's Ohmura style is not. Almost every artwork so far is Sugimori style except those I mentioned, which a new painterly no lines style I haven't seen before from GF artist.

Ohmura hasn't even been mentioned among the staff of Sun & Moon, he wasn't even in ORAS credits. GF staff outside Tajiri, Ishihara, Masuda and Sugimori rotate a lot so it's likely that he quit already and the new style it's from a new artists.
>>
>>29497192
Sugimori definitely didn't do Komala -- I just checked. Didn't take a look at Minior or Pikipek though.

As far as I've seen, Sugimori has done Magearna, a few trainers, and the Alola forms.

>>29497296
It's Sugimori "style," not actually Sugimori, regardless if it's Ohmura or not.
>>
>>29494811
I'd be happy with her appearing.

Throw in all the trainers you can really.
>>
>>29494811
I would like Green to show up, if only because it would upset the people who take Pokemon's lore and canonicity seriously.
>>
If she does appear as in the list of unknown popular trainers coming back, then I would be fearsomely surprised!
>>
>>29498255
Too bad you will never get what you want, faggot.
The game devs don't give a fuck about Leaf, she is noncanon garbage like all the other female MCs.
>>
>>29498437
You canonfags are the most autistic people on /vp/ and that's saying something.
>>
>>29494811
STUPID COUNTRY FELLA AMERICANS

YOU ALL ARE FUCKT WHEN THEY ALL WHERE SAYIN

IT ALL COMES TOGETHER IN SUN AND MOON G1 - G7 ALL IN ONE GAME

AMERICA IS THE STUPID COUNTRY IN HISTORY WHEN IT COMES TO POKEMON SUN AND MOON.
>>
>>29495615
>timeskip happens
>postgame is begins
>you go to sinnoh instead
>get gen IV and gen I remake as one
>once you beat gen IV, you can newgame in Sinnoh instead, on hard mode, with kanto postgame
>>
>>29498505
Not more autistic than waifufags like yourself, my friend.
>>
>>29494961
Hau and Lillie both have Sugimori's lines and shading style. Ohmori has obviously stepped up and taken most of the work, but Sugimori's still involved with art.
>>
Sugimori is a waifufag who mostly draws female characters outside of official work and I think Leaf is his favorite femprotag.

I also find it funny how people pestered him to draw Nei from Phantasy Star 2 twice over the last year.
>>
Would be kinda cool to see her in the new games but who really knows till the games come out
>>
>>29501389
Hot implications, you've got as much evidence as that as anything else you say
>>
>>29496450
It could have been the best pokemon game

>>29496308
>>29496308
I agree with this. I really doubt we'll be getting remakes anymore. Type: Null is definitely setting up for Sinnoh sequels with an Arceus plot.
>>
>>29502185

Every trainer except Aether are done with Sugimori's particular painting and brush style, so that's him.

The Pokemon's linework looks too clean to be Sugimori but it's his painting style too. UB are definitely not Sugimori, not linework and shading ressembles.

Aether artwork it's so alien to me I'm sure it's a new artist. Ohmura likes using purple to make shadows but the rest of the drawing barely looks like him, specially Wicke. Wicke artwork actually looks lazy and unfinished (and the face is all skewed) I'm actually wondering how it was approved to being with.
>>
>>29505230
An easy way to discern whether or not Sugimori drew something, is to look at the lightest color. He always adds a faint texture to his art that can be spotted in light colors. You can clearly see it in Pikipek's art: look at its white face/wings and compare it to, for example, Oranguru's white fur. You can easily see the difference it makes.
>>
>>29506492
Wait fuck I'm stupid. Oranguru is another obvious example of his texture, I meant to say Lycanroc's white fur. It's just stark white, no texture added, so it's clear Sugimori didn't draw it.
I'm still banking on Ohmura drawing those, since he loves using very dark shading to create a stark contrast with the light.
>>
File: P3PFemProtagonist.jpg (47KB, 358x463px) Image search: [Google]
P3PFemProtagonist.jpg
47KB, 358x463px
>tfw my fav best girls are noncanon

Shit hurts brehs.
>>
File: shiggy diggari.jpg (68KB, 612x610px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggari.jpg
68KB, 612x610px
>>29494811
what the fuck is wrong with her skirt
>>
>>29494811
>most people are convinced
That's pretty sad, but unsurprising that people love to jump to conclusions. That's a pretty flimsy reason to get swayed by. It has potential sure, but I fail to see logic that would get me to not even have a shred of doubt about it.
>>
Why are leaf fags so fucking delusional?
>>
Does Sugimori have a twitter/insta/whatever that I can follow to look at his sketches?
>>
>>29495039
No problem underage newfaggot
>>
>>29495039
I've never seen such a sad display.
>>
>>29494961
Sugimori definetely did the art for Red and Blue for these games, among a few others.

You're right though, Yusuke Ohmura is the lead artist for these games, as he's done about 90 percent of the artwork.
>>
>>29497296
You are stupid if you think the new art isn't done by Ohmura. I've been studying Sugimori's art for a decade and I'm a huge fan of his, including Yusuke Ohmura when he started doing art for Pokemon in 2010. I have an extensive collection of their catalogs and I can safely say that the art load for these games have been split roughly 70/30, most of the art of which has been done by Ohmura.
>>
Has Megumi Mizutani done any art for Gen 7 yet? I don't think so, right?
>>
>>29504684
Sure, in your fantasy world were the only actual evidences are the ones you accept.
Too bad reality isn't going to change to match your autism, though.
>>
>>29507128
From what I can tell, no, at least, nothing that stands out as her art style and coloring style is very similar to Ohmura's. If she has done any work it would have had to been some misc. Pokemon or maybe someone from Aether.

She's a great artist but she is mostly relegated to promotional art and the card game.
>>
>>29507146
The ironing, I didn't even mention a girl once, I just called you an autist for caring so much.
>>
>>29507247
The real ironing: you are still the autist here.
Eat shit, waifufag. Fuck off and die.
>>
All I know is Ohmura is garbage.
>>
>>29507181
Her artwork for the games looks nothing like Ohmura's, what are you talking about? She probably comes closest to emulating Sugimori's style. Most of the time you can barely tell the difference, but she doesn't use a texture like Sugimori usually does and has slightly more complex shading.
For the record, she drew Zinnia, Steven, and probably most of the gym leaders and trainer artwork for ORAS.
>>
>>29507480
And Lucas sucks
>>
>>29507531
Her shading and coloring choices are similar to what Ohmura would do, while her art style most closely resembles Sugimori's.

But, what? Where's the source that she drew those characters? That doesn't make any sense to me, those two pieces of art look like Sugimori pieces.
>>
>>29506492
I don't think Pikipek was Sugimori. Take a look at the linework and compare it to Magearna -- too clean on Pikipek. There is texture, sure, but again, look at Magearna for a better example of the texturing Sugimori does.
>>
>>29507556
He still be in Generations, while your waifu Dawn won't. Enjoy.
>>
Since Red has all 3 starters, what team would she have? Does she keep the same appearance or she ages too?
>>
>>29494885
>Drawing her means nothing in regards to SM, because it's well known that "Leaf" is basically Sugi's waifu
In the same way Gengar is Sugi favorite pokemon and is one of the few Gen 1 pokemon who has been useful in every game?
>>
>>29507771
Gengar is also the most famous ghost pokemon, Sugi's waifu is nowhere to be found outside her own games.
>>
>>29498437
You really are the biggest faggot on this board.
>>
Characters I expect to come back for Battle Tree.
Are NPC's, Like Gym Leaders, Champions, Rivals and Notable NPC's like Colress and the Kimono Girls. Even Frontier Brains will likely make an appearance.
The thing is, Red was the Protag you were Red in the first Games. But then he BECAME an NPC in Gold and Silver games.
>>
>>29506800
everyone has to be a newfag sometime i guess i don't mind too much, i'm 25 though no saying i'm underage doesn't really affect me
>>29506842
you should try taking a look in your neighbour's mirror sometime anon
>>
I hope it's true, that sounds like great news!
>>
>>29509637
Don't cry on me, waifufag. It is not my fault female MCs aren't canon.
>>
>>29512446
I don't give a fuck about the fem MC's. But it's painfully obvious that you're a flaming homosexual
>>
>>29494811
That would be dumb, you haven't battled her in any past franchise
>>
>>29512788
why are you giving this fagtron (you)s?
>>
>>29512967
Likely the same reason you're giving me (You)'s: you feel the urge to point out the obvious to an idiot
>>
>>29495212
XY had references to RS, and the remakes have been going upwards (RB->GS->RS). They'd be no reason to have ANOTHER RBY remake before a DP one
>>
>>29513149
>>29512967
You two make quite the gay couple. So heartwarming.
>>
>>29514057
Only if she's a girl
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.