[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that we know it has a decent typing, let's discuss it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (153KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153KB, 500x500px
Now that we know it has a decent typing, let's discuss it's potential viability.
>>
Is Grass/Ghost a good typing?

I like the fact that it has two immunities but five weaknesses is a little too much.
>>
>>29494262
Calling it, the HA is stakeout.
Stay and you are trapped.
Switch and you get double damage
>>
>>29495331
That'd be amazing.
>>
>>29495309

Better than Grass/Flying that's fer sure.
>>
>>29495309
Offensive-wise? No, we don't really have a single good physical ghost type and literally the only good physical-oriented grass type I can think of is Breloom.
>>
>>29495331
That would be so broken it's retarded.
GF will probably do so.
>>
>>29495449
>literally the only good physical-oriented grass type I can think of is Breloom

Way better than the exactly zero good special attacking grass types
>>
>>29495331
GF please do this.
>>
>tfw no bullet seed rock blast skill link RobinHoot.

I like the new typing but rock blass paired with high speed would've given him amazing coverage.
>>
>>29495309
It's not a good typing, but it's definitelly better than Grass/Flying.
>>
>>29495449
>physical

How about special? Gengar is a monster. Decidueye on the other hand seems more physical...which doesn't make any sense due to its typing.
>>
>tfw GF will make him so broken it's banned in uber and dies there
>>
File: CATASTROPILLAR.gif (886KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
CATASTROPILLAR.gif
886KB, 250x250px
>>29495331
Please
>>
Grass is a shitty type so...
>>
>>29495504
pft, if it's 1shotting your everything, just bait it to attack you and send in pyukumuku to take it down

PYUKUMUKU COMPETITIVELY VIABLE
>>
>>29495511
It defo need some buff
>>
>>29495331
PLEASE
Theres no way theyd just give it to one shitmon rodent
>>
File: aegislash-blade.jpg (33KB, 300x313px)
aegislash-blade.jpg
33KB, 300x313px
>>29495449
I, the great and mighty Norp, show to you Aegislash.
>>
>>29495511
>>29495620
I don't understand why they've done nothing about it it, even after making some adjustments to the type chart in gen 6. They pretty much acknowledge that grass has problems in game with gardenia the grass fucking gym leader telling the player that even she knows that grass isn't the best type
>>
>>29495623
Aegislash has an awesome design.
>>
>>29495661
nope
>>
>>29495623
Oh yeah forgor about that one, stance change is actually a pretty good ability.
>>
>>29495471
Serperior?
>>
>>29495674
Far better than Decidueye's design.
>>
>>29495449
That's because we don't have any good physical ghost moves. Phantom force is the only one with decent attacking power but you have to waste a turn vanishing
>>
>>29494262
Assuming it has around 100ish attack and speed, and Spirit Shackle is 80ish BP, I can see it running the following set with moderate success

-Spirit Shackle
-Leaf Blade
-Brave Bird (If fucking Crobat and Mandibuzz can get it, then so should he)
-Possible fighting move/roost/boosting move

Grass/Ghost/Fighting has perfect coverage
>>
>>29495331
YES PLS. Shadow Tag on steroids is okay with me, seriously.
>>
>>29495623
It mostly uses shadow sneak though and people prefer shadow ball over shadow claw, so I don't think it counts like a physical-oriented offensive ghost type.
>>
>>29495331
>>29495814
That set seems possible. Assuming it wont get a fighting move but does get stakeout, what tier would it be? Assume it has 110 attack and 100 speed with SS/LB/BB/Roost or boost
>>
>>29495656
Grass type Pokémon all get a huge amount of support and utility moves, so even if their type is bad as far as strengths and weaknesses are concerned, they are still generally pretty good. Additionally, the resists and super effective hits Grass type provides cover important types in Water and Ground. There are currently 10 Grass types ranked as competitively viable in OU according to Smogon, which is fine. Compare that to Ice type which has three, two of which are Kyurem. Grass is also a valuable typing because Fire-Water-Grass cores are good.
>>
File: woomy thinking.png (651KB, 627x563px)
woomy thinking.png
651KB, 627x563px
Flying type gives what? Just flying and normal attacks for most birds

Ghost? They usually get a sprinkle of Dark and Psychic attacks which offers more options plus the owl is still bird like so flying attacks are guaranteed.

Bonus that will-o-wisp is 99% guaranteed to be an option. Plus hex, curse, and destiny bond possibly
>>
>>29495497
Grass/flying does have some merit in being able to donk almost every other grass mon... But since those aren't common to begin with the switch to ghost is probably for the best.
>>
>>29495876
Then it's OU for sure. Assuming that it doesn't, I can see it sitting in UU

>>29495814
>>29495902
For its support set I can see it getting the following

-Roost
-Leech Seed
-Grass Whistle/Sleep Powder (falls into category of spooky forest owl putting shit to sleep)
-Confuse Ray (owls are weird)
-Destiny Bond
-Willowisp (almost a guarantee)
-Dream Eater

Also a couple psychic moves cause why not
>>
>>29495719
still shit.
>>
>>29495876
110 attack and 100 speed seems out there though. Litten already seems to be the fast physical attacker, so Rowlett is probably gonna be tankier, with high defenses and HP. Or be in the middle of everyone, sort of like Samurott.
>>
>>29495432
>Grass/Flying

Actually, Grass/Flying also has five weaknesses. But they're to FAR more common attacking types.
>>
>>29495876
>Assume it has 110 attack and 100 speed

Then that would mean it has paper defenses. Urgh.
>>
I'm feeling something like:

Spirit Shackle
Razor Leaf/Leaf Blade/Power Whip
Shadow Sneak (seems likely, PhantomForce too)?
Fly/Acrobatics/Aerial Ace seem possible

Not sure what coverage would go well with it honestly.
>>
>>29497134
>>29497186
It pretty much has to have that at this point to do damage in UU let alone OU. Anything below that and it's going into the dump. Making it a defensive oriented mon is a death sentence

Besides, assuming Incineroar's attack is in the 120s, Decidueye's can still be in the 100 range.
>>
>>29497229
Dropping Flying for Fighting is the best option, although very unlikely. Grass/Ghost/Fighting hits every mon for neutral or super effective damage. Flying is also really good, but its completely walled by Bisharp
>>
Sprit Shackles is a Thousand Waves knockoff, so it'll probably have 90 BP. That's already a decent physical Ghost STAB right there.

Leaf Blade seems like a reasonable move for it.

Speed could be 90 or so.
>>
>>29497938
>Speed could be 90 or so
Into the trash it goes.

Such a shame too, the entire family's line boasted about its speed
>>
File: IMG_5694.jpg (94KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5694.jpg
94KB, 640x607px
>>29495331
This is now my primary hope for Decidueye's final build. Stakeout makes thematic sense and would pair amazingly with Spirit Shackle. Coupled with respectable stats and movepool, it would make for a very interesting Pokémon.

I agree with others that say Shackle could well be a Ghost version of Thousand Waves. 90 BP without a wasted turn would be great for a physical Ghost. Combine that with the likelihood of Leaf Blade, near certainty of Swords Dance, and decent odds at good Flying moves and Roost for success. Fighting is a maybe, the "kick" flavor text didn't pan out for Talonflame last gen. Hoping this Pokémon turns out to be at least decent in battle: I'm in love with the concept.
>>
>>29495331
Holy shit that would be amazing.
>>
>>29497229
HJK/JK for Fighting coverage. Even Rowlet's info saus it can use powerfull kicks for offense.
As for other forns of coverage, look up Trevenant/Gourgeist's movepools. There's a reason why I've been saying Ghost saved it, it assured it a movepool. Plus I could also get Drain/Thunder Punch.
>>
>>29497938
I highly doubt it will be 90. Incineroar can have 120+/115 base Speed, but Decidueye can still break 100 with 105 or 108. It doesn't need to be the fastest, similar to Delphox, Greninja is the fastest, but Delphox is still fast enough to be good (sad it sucks when it comes to movepool and abilty).
>>
>>29500517
Hey, if it's faster than that, I'm not complaining.
>>
File: 1477545232418.jpg (74KB, 540x344px) Image search: [Google]
1477545232418.jpg
74KB, 540x344px
>>29495331
Well, assuming its HA is Stakeout, then a clear counter emerges; Pursuit users. Particularly Bisharp, as it also resists Grass.

Say Decidueye comes in on a Water-type to kill it or force it out. Water-type switches out for Bisharp, who takes little from the incoming Spirit Shackle/Grass move. At this point it's boned, as it falls victim to the same Pursuit/Sucker Punch trap that plagues so many other Pokemon weak to Dark.

The only chance I see for Decidueye to do well, is if it gets some valid form of anti-Dark coverage.
>>
>>29500762
well that means fighting bug or fairy, all of which i can't really see him getting anything that good. maybe some fairy move, but fighting seems not sniper like at all, and bug just doesn't seem like its in the cards.
>>
>>29497134

>so Rowlett is probably gonna be tankier, with high defenses and HP.

What about spook owl screams "tanky" to you?
>>
>>29495331
Anon, go fuck yourself in all honesty.
You've now successfully ruined the pokemon for me, because there's no way they're going to give it Stakeout and as such I'll be disappointed by literally anything else they give it.
>>
>>29497938
Speed needs to be 101+, preferably 109+, for any sort of viability. Shadow Sneak is good but not enough for all the threats. Greninja and Alola Persian, Bravest Bird, Shard Mamoswine and Weavile are good examples of possible hard checks just due to Speed or priority OHKOs.

Fortunately, Sneak does wreck Gengar, Starmie, Zam, and other really fast and physically frail Psychics and Ghosts. The mere possibility of Will-o-Wisp would make this way harder to switchin against. If it's working 111 Speed / 120+ Attack and only wastes 60 stat points in SpA with a good movepool I'd say it's UU minimum.
>>
for current ou an offensive grass/ghost would work really well. its stabs are only resisted by bisharp and mandibuzz and assuming it gets will-o wisp you have an easy burn lure for bisharp. spirit shackle is also non-contact and prevents a double switch. and if you pair decidueye with magnezone/ton you have a free kill on non-shed shell ferrothorn and skarm switchins. really its viability depends on how every other new mon plays out.

>non-stab flying moves
>wanting that on a set
>>
Oh, and it'll definitely require either JK/HJK + prediction or Will-o-Wisp to beat Bisharp.
>>
>>29500762
I can easily see it get Drain Punch and JK/HJK.
>>
>>29500827
U-turn and Jump Kick are both very plausible
>>
>>29495331
It will be Levitate.
>>
>>29501093
>U-turn
oh yeah i always forget u-turn is bug.
jump kick maybe, but i just feel like they won't give it too many up close moves.
>>
On another note: Primarina's HA will definitely be Serene Grace, just think about it:

>60% chance to burn with Scald.
>Potentially double damage from Sparkling Aria's burn heal.

That would be broken as hell.
>>
>>29500827
>WoW
>maybe jump kick
>>
File: popplio scared.png (56KB, 455x457px) Image search: [Google]
popplio scared.png
56KB, 455x457px
>>29501159
Anon please remember despite how much sense it makes, this is GF we're talking about...
>>
>>29501175
Please note that being a Ghost-type is not a guarantee of Will-O-Wisp

>See; Golurk, Aegislash, Froslass, Hoopa
>>
>>29501522
Froslass is an ice type, so it's expected
>>
>>29500994
Pair it with Tapu Bulu which has coverage for Dark Types and can set Grassy Terrain, viable for Decidueye.

Only issue would be Poison and Steel types, but you can out-predict those switches easier than the others.
>>
>>29501159
Scald isn't affected by Serene Grace.
>>
>>29501159
Even if it does get Serene Grace as an ability, using its shit move that heals burns would still be unviable. You use up half of your move slots for the same coverage, leaving only 2 slots left for either coverage or healing. And even with your Smelling Water move, it probably can't OHKO bulkier Pokemon, and for wallbreakers, you are better off spamming scald.
>>
>>29501863
Again yes it is. We've been through this. No pokemon currently can learn serene grace/scald combo.
>>
>>29501863
How so?
>>
>>29501159
>being this delusional

It's going to be a bulky wall with hydration
>>
>>29502086
Hey, here's an idea: don't use that move. It will most likely get Ice Beam and Aurora Veil.

252 HP, 252 SpDef, 4 SpAtk
Serene Grace
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Moonblast
-Auroru Veil/Recover

Need more ?

>>29501863
You can't be this retarded.
>>
>>29502220
>specially defensive spread

why the fuck
>>
>>29500845
Nothing really, but we know Litten is fast with high attack and shit defenses, and Popplio has high Special Attack, Special Defense, and Defense. All we know about Rowlett is that it's slower than Litten, but faster than Popplio. So it's Probably gonna be like Serperior but with more HP.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.