[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /vp/ I love Pokemon but never got into pic related. Since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo.png (179KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Mystery_Dungeon_Logo.png
179KB, 500x246px
Hey /vp/ I love Pokemon but never got into pic related. Since I'm bored as fuck waiting for SM I decided to get into the Mystery Dungeon series. I have a 3DS so I can play any game(except for the very first one), but I'm only gonna get one for money reasons. What's your suggestion on my first Mystery Dungeon game? I don't really care if it's not the newest as long as the content is good.
>>
>>29486829
Sky is just a better time/darkness, and TDS has the best story. If you don't care about story, then Super is simply the most complete mystery dungeon game. Not that Super's story is bad by any means. But it's not nearly as good.
>>
The first one was for the NDS too, so why couldn't you play it?
Ive only played that one. Enjoyed it a lot, got to my feels and for me its still a relaxing play to the day
>>
File: dfe5fd32ee6494173febf9ab83934463.jpg (683KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dfe5fd32ee6494173febf9ab83934463.jpg
683KB, 1024x768px
>>29486829
Actually every game is availeveryas of now on 3ds, blue rescue team is on ds. I recommend sky, it is my personal favorite. I woud even say sky is my favorite pokemon game, including main games. Through I always preffered the pokemon to humans. It's a good series and I highly reccomend it.
>>
>>29486829
I would say you play mystery dungeon for the story, so with that said, i guess you should start by emulating the first game, the ds blue version, and then you should try to get or emulate PMD explorers of sky, which is the enhanced version of PMD explorers of time/darkness, and has what is said by many, the best story of the PMD games, then you have PMD gates to infinity, which i'm currently playing, and i have to say that so far it's pretty enjoyable but it has it's flaws, the story is still good, and then you have Pokemon Super mystery dungeon, which is said to have 2nd best story and the better gameplay of all the PMD
>>
>>29486829
There's already a thread for pmd in the catalog.

>>29487017
You can't play Adventure Squad on the 3ds
>>
>>29486972
For some reason I thought it was Gameboy only. my bad.
>>29486915
What does TDS mean? I'm looking at the list right now and I can't think of any that fit the acronym. Also how is Super more complete than the rest?
>>
I've only played Sky and Super myself, but >>29486915 is exactly right. Super has up to 6th gen Pokemon if you'd rather have that, but Sky is a better game aside from that.
>>
>>29487039
Oh yeah, always forget those.
>>
>>29487053
TDS is Time/Darkness/Sky, the 4th gen games in the series.
>>
>>29487097
Ah, thanks.
>>29487055
So wait, the only thing Super has on the rest is more Pokemon? Because I don't mind less if the gameplay of the previous games are superior.
>>
>>29487152
Gameplay in super is the best but by no means is it bad in any of the entries.
>>
>>29487053
Oh, sorry. I meant Time/Darkness/Sky with TDS. I thought it a more obvious acronym than it really was.

As for Super being more 'complete', it's graphically superior and has more balanced gameplay overall, as well as having far fewer convoluted systems in favor of streamlined things that pokemon players are more likely to understand. Super can still be brutal at times, but you're not punished in the late-game for not looking up an IQ/gummy guide beforehand. It also simply has more engaging features. There were no additions that, to me, did not feel like improvements.
>>
>>29486829
I just recently got sky and I'm in love. Great, and challenging! The story really draws me in. (not done!)
>>
>>29487209
Is there anything taken out of Super from the old games, or is it just added features. Also what's the difficulty rating like? I don't want to breeze past it like I did in X. I get that Pokemon is for kids, but still.
>>
>>29487253
Super has the best gameplay and difficulty but it's story is a second to sky. PMD, while not insanely difficult, is harder then the main series. No game in the series is as piss easy as gen 6, wouldn't worry about it. I do have to say I played sky first and the transition to super felt great. To start at super and go to sky won't ruin sky for you but feel lacking.
>>
>>29487230
Oh boy, make sure no one is at home when you're about to finish the game, because you're not gonna want people to see you cry

>>29487253
It can be pretty rough if you don't know how to prepare before the mission but other than that, it's just a nice challenge of endurance
>>
>>29487347
Thanks, that's really informative. I just looked up the prices and Sky is cheaper by 10$. Considering I'm a poor college student that's a lot to me. If my local gaming store(Because fuck GameFreak) doesn't have Super for a lower price than what google suggested I think I'm gonna get Sky.
>>
>>29487253
The difficulty rating is items/10
it's easy if you use the status wands that get handed to you like candy

I'm convinced that the people who say it's hard are habitual hoarders
>>
>>29487440
good choice, i hope you have fun and get ready for CHAW-HAW-HAW
>>
>>29487440
Happy to help anon. As I said sky is my favorite pokemon game overall. While not without flaws it feels like something genuinely special, real love and care. I think you'll really enjoy it.
>>
File: RIP mom.png (7KB, 341x114px) Image search: [Google]
RIP mom.png
7KB, 341x114px
>>29486829
you become a furry, you fuck a gardevoir, you help stupid motherfuckers and you name all 2 billion of your teammates retarded things and youll never remember them

have fun faggot. btw stock up on apples, max elixr, and escape orbs cunt because theres gonna be like 1000 floors
>>
>>29487598
Can confirm, I never thought that being a furry would be so fun
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.