[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh man guys I'm excited for the new Sun Moon game! They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: l.php.jpg (52KB, 619x348px) Image search: [Google]
l.php.jpg
52KB, 619x348px
Oh man guys I'm excited for the new Sun Moon game! They must have so many unique, colorful Hawaiian themed designs! Hawaii and the Island cultures of Japan offers such an imaginative history and background, there must be tons of really clever, different concepts. I hope they reall capi-

Wait....

Are you fucking serious with this fucking garbage??
>>
>>29483809
Fuck off, Diglett is looking fabulous.
>>
>>29483809
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pele%27s_hair
>>
>>29483809
That design is so fucking ridiculous. So lazy
>>
>>29483901

Why does GF even bother making designs based on obscure things that the average player isn't going to understand?
>>
>>29483809
Hilariously, Alola Dugtrio is the only volcanic mon introduced in sun and moon.
In fact they really went out of their way to stay away from the Tikis and Volcanos stereotypes that folks have for Hawaii
>>
>>29483948
Because they're cool and pandering to idiots like you would ruin the series
>>
>>29483981
this x100000
>>
File: 1426303791340.png (11KB, 132x163px) Image search: [Google]
1426303791340.png
11KB, 132x163px
>>29483948
Yeah, fuck them for trying to make designs that have hidden inspirations for the player to discover instead of just making cool, black and red dragons.
>>
>>29483901
goddamn, this is genius
>>
>>29483948
>OP mentions that he wants clever and creative concepts
>whines when he gets one
>>
>>29483809
ground/rock if based on >>29483901 or ground/grass if the hair is actually a plant or ground/fairy because cute maymay
>>
>>29483948
I don't know about you, but sometimes, when I play games, I like it when the game teaches me something I didn't know.

Like how these games are gonna teach people about Matamata turtles, Hawaiian honeycreepers, Pele, orchid flowers that mimic orchid mantids that mimic orchid flowers, the fact that barn owls live in Hawaii (and are in fact 1 of 2 owl species that live in Hawaii), the fact that there's only 1 species of bat in Hawaii, aspects of Hawaiian culture, etc.

>tfw there will never be a Bug/Dark Alolan Caterpie to teach people about the carnivorous caterpillars of Hawaii
>>
>People are unironically defending Dugtrio with human hair for literally no reason

I know what you're going to say, and no, I don't think every design has to be cool and edgy. I don't mind silly pokemon. But this? This is just pathetic.

>P-Pele's Hair!
Except Dugtrio aren't related to volcanos, and Pele's Hair looks nothing like that. It also doesn't change the fact that it looks like Dugtrios wearing wigs. If they wanted to do that, they could've just given them longer hair instead of this retarded shit.

I'm still excited for Sun/Moon, but this gen is so fucking full of absolutely abysmal pokemon.
>>
File: 250px-Mudsdale.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mudsdale.png
51KB, 250x250px
OP here.
You know I'd fucking love to boycott Sun/Moon just for the pure fucking silliness and horridly laziness of the designs.... but sort of still want to play it...You know I'd be less pissed if the Alola region was like Downloadable Content or expansion that you could buy for like 15 bucks that expands the X/Y Kalos region...

But it's not. They're selling it as a fucking new full game, and it's utter bullshit.

Except for Mudsdale...Mudsdale sort of rocks.
>>
>>29483901
wtf I love dugtrio now
>>
>>29485059
...what?
>>
>>29485059
4chan is for 18+, kiddo
>>
File: stantler.jpg (33KB, 244x320px) Image search: [Google]
stantler.jpg
33KB, 244x320px
You guys really think that the nerds/programmers/designers at fucking GAME FREAKS, really incuded this fucking blonde wig to secretly be refering to something like Pele's hair? If they did this on purpose, it'd be MUCH more apparent.

Listen... we have hundreds of pokemon designs. It's easy to make a coinendental "connection" between some obscure objects and a pokemons design.

None of this shit is "planned" or by design. They put a fucking wig on dugtrio. Next you'll be saying Stantler is a call back to Santa's Reindeer.
>>
>>29485768
It's funny because Stantler is found next to Johto's equivalent of Nara, where the deer there are considered sacred
That reference is way more obscure than anything pertaining to Santa
>>
>>29486438
Fanboys will pull anything out of their ass to justify shit design and lazy writing
>>
>>29483809
I actually wish they toned down the Hawaiian influence. I just want a more generic region more subtly influenced by a real world place or places, so there's more room for variety.

For some reason, making a pokemon region explicitly based on a real location makes people incapable of thinking to include pokemon not based on things from that place

Take for example, the huge amount of fan-made Alolan forms that are just a pokemon with a tropical or tiki theme slapped onto it
>>
>>29486887
None of the regions are generic. At all. Kanto is a real place in the real world, it's where Tokyo is.
>>
>>29484349
>>29483948

It's to get kids into biology and science. That's why they have shit like astronomy and the fossil Pokemon and how the Pokedex makes you a researcher cataloging all the animals and shit.
>>
>Dugtrio looks stupid and is widely hated for being a stupid, boring and uninspired design with no praiseworthy features whatsoever, right up there with Muk and Magneton and Mr.Mime for excuses why gen 1 is shit
>Alolan Dugtrio still looks stupid
>Somehow this is the end of the world
>>
>>29486976
>tfw it worked
>tfw considering a biology degree because of all the cool shit I've learned from the series
>>
>>29484372
>Except Dugtrio aren't related to volcanos,

The dirt Dugtrio is digging out of is volcanic dirt/cooled lava. It was just a Dugtrio that evolved to live near volcanos.
>>
>>29485059
>You know I'd fucking love to boycott Sun/Moon just for the pure fucking silliness and horridly laziness of the designs....
>>29487024
>I'm still excited for Sun/Moon, but this gen is so fucking full of absolutely abysmal pokemon.

OH NO A CHILDREN'S GAME FULL OF CUTE AND COLORFUL SILLY MONSTERS IS NOW PANDERING TO CHILDREN WITH CUTE AND COLORFUL SILLY MONSTERS. SAY IT AINT SO!

Seriously do you listen to yourselves? Go play Shin Megami Tensei, which is a great game and more like what you're looking for in monster design.
>>
>>29483948
Why are you so stupid and uncultured?
>>
File: file.png (210KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
210KB, 432x288px
>>29487024
Here's a pic to go with Dugtrio's dirt.
>>
>>29486937
It's also 1 of 4 regions based on the same country, so they had to get creative with the kinds of pokemon
>>
>>29486581
Haters will pull anything out of their ass to justify shitting on opinions about design and writing.
>>
>it's another thread of an anon not liking a Pokemon and trying to gather people who share his opinion
>>
>>29486581
Just because you don't like it and refuse to accept the inspiration of the design doesn't mean it's lazy, faggot. Why can't you just say you don't like it and be done with it, instead of trying so hard to justify your hate and accuse people who are indifferent to/like it fanboys?
>>
File: Taking My Lolli.jpg (64KB, 500x743px) Image search: [Google]
Taking My Lolli.jpg
64KB, 500x743px
>>29486581

>>RRREEEEE RRREEEE STOP BEING SMARTER THAN ME RRREEEE
>>
>>29487126
Not in Kanto. A lot of the mons in gen 1 and 2 are just references to Japanese pop culture and legends.
>>
>>29483809
pele's hair
>>
nice blog,
now fuck off
>>
>>29487056
>SMT
that reminds me. I find it hilarious that a game having as bullshit a difficult cure as SMT, but with as easy an elemental affinity system as it has, gets a "Use this attack because it's super effective" notifier (as does damn near every rpg in existence), but people still bitch about adding it to Pokémon, the game with the most complex elemental type matchups in RPG history.
>>
>>29484372
Yeah and sandslash isn't related to snow or ice. What's your fucking point?
>>
>>29483948
Because GF doesn't make designs for Americans.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.