[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not to rain on anyone's parade but isnt it too early to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: tree.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tree.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
Not to rain on anyone's parade but isnt it too early to be super excited for Battle Tree?

It doesnt seem as fancy as PWT and it looks more like Battle Tower/Subway/Maison of the region

Im happy to see Cynthia and Wally but if this is indeed Tower copy then there might be only very few old characters and meeting them might be an annoying task to achieve (remember how many battles was required before meeting the maison chicks?)

Also because its not PWT i doubt we will see most if any leaders

Red and Blue seem to be the extra bosses

I hope im wrong and this is like PWT just with different rules but most old characters do show up
>>
>>29465803
Reminds me of the White Tree Hallow from White 2.
>>
>>29465803
The fact that Red and Blue are seemingly separate from it means I dont think every single trainer is going to return
>>
>>29465803
I'm in the same position as you. I want to see so many other characters but this IS GameFreak we're talking here. The bare minimum is always expected.
>>
I think it's too early to feel one way or the other. All we can really do is hope they improve this feature like they are others
>>
>>29465803
>PWT
>good
>totally not battle tower: gym leaders with same teams random trainer classes would have editoon
>>
>>29465803
It's literally Mt. Battle from the Colosseum series with actual battle modes
>>
>>29465803
Yeah I fear that at best we'll only get 10-20 characters. It would be phenomenal if GF added every gym leader, but of course expect the bare minimum.
>>
>>29466239
But every gen got their fair share and there were many old characters

In here they showed just 4. Sure they mifght be more but 4 at the reveal is poor in such a rich franchise
>>
>>29466239
confirmed for not playing PWT at all
>>
>>29465803
I bet Wally, Cynthia, Blue and Red are pretty much the only relevant characters we're going to get there. Maybe also N, Zinnia and Diantha, but that's it

If you're expecting like 20+ characters to appear you better stop now, unless you want to be disappointed when the game comes out
>>
>>29466340
wow
nice argument
upvoted
>>
I wonder if it's actually going to stick to some plot and in Pokémon Eclipse or whatever the fuck they call it, there will be gyms set up to battle in Alola
>>
>>29466367
Id say Steven and Lance are pretty much guaranteed because they're popular

There isnt many female champions and even less female rivals so Diantha and Iris should be there, maybe Bianca

Maybe Silver or N because they're memorable
>>
>>29466423
fucking retarded redditor shitposter, how is PWT like the battle tower, if you actually bothered to play it you'd know that it doesn't work like that at all
Please stop posting anytime and go commit sudoku
>>
>Red
>Blue
>Lance
>Brock
>Misty
>Silver
>Wally
>Wallace
>Steven
>Zinnia
>Cynthia
>Palmer
>Alder
>Iris
>N
>Colress
>Diantha
>AZ
>Sina
>Dexio
There, 20 characters for the 20th anniversary

Sinnoh only gets 2 because the remakes are coming soon anyway
>>
All the Champions, some rivals, and a few other fan favorites at best.
>>
>>29466769
>only two Johto characters
>>
>>29466737
You're right, it's an easier version since you only have three battles and your opponents all run monotype teams.
>>
>>29466827
Johto is just Kanto 2.0 anyway so no one would care
>>
>>29466769
Im afraid you might be right. Id imagine it would include Cilan and Clemont instead of Sina and Dexio because they were in the anime
>>
>>29466861
You mean GameFreak wouldn't. But plenty of others would
>>
>>29465803
>isnt it too early to be super excited for Battle Tree?

No? Chances are we're not gonna hear any more about it until the game leaks so this prime time to be excited. Stop being such a faggot and let people be optimistic for a little while.
>>
>>29465803
As of now it seems like a Maison clone, except you can fight 2 of the doubles partners somehow. I don't see why people are extrapolating any more than that.
>>
>>29466827
Too be fair all of those Kanto characters also appear in the Johto games
>>
>>29467515
Seeing as we battle ranodm NPCs aswell makes me think it wont be as near as cool as PWT but maybe im wrong
>>
>>29465803
Yeah probably, but I'm going to let myself have some excitement all the same since it sounds good to me.
>>
They could've done something like PWT or just a place where famous people gather like the dojo in HGSS or the battle club in Pt

This seems more like Maison so im not sure how to feel about it

If it has lots of old characters - amazing
If just few - bittersweet
>>
File: 1468846985263.jpg (64KB, 600x694px) Image search: [Google]
1468846985263.jpg
64KB, 600x694px
>"With [New Games] we wanted to appeal to both new and veteran players alike"
>"We wanted to make sure that [New Games] were easy for new players but was also challenging for longtime players"
>"In [New Games] there will still be plenty to do after the main story has finished."

>It's just ANOTHER Battle Frontier/Mason/Chateau/Factory/Zone permutation

Is anyone else sick of this shit? Nothing against these features but I really hate this being treated as some kind of substantial postgame. I don't want my Pokemon entered into some generic competitive simulator with random NPCs spouting random stock phrases, I want extra story and quests - legendaries I actually have to work for and not just go up to a ring and press A to battle them.

If I wanted my Pokemon autolevelled to face a child with a level 100 Bellsprout I would just go online. Surely we're at the stage where we can get DLC quests or something. I'd literally pay for more stuff to do after the game has finished rather than just "Battle X to win points to spend on items to raise your Pokemon to Battle X to win more points to spend.." etc. It's just boring and not even memorable in the slightest.

I always jump to defend GF but when we're at the point where legendaries literally just drop out of thin air it starts to feel very fucking lazy.
>>
File: 1470443888656.png (28KB, 243x169px) Image search: [Google]
1470443888656.png
28KB, 243x169px
>>29469025
just shut the fuck up , you faggots always find something to complain about
>>
>>29465803
PWT is dog shit and literally nobody wants it back, so it will never come back thankfully.
This is totally different.
>>
>>29469308
>PWT is dog shit and literally nobody wants it back

You cant be more wrong
>>
Imagine this 4 being all there is there...
>>
>>29467515
I wouldnt be that hopeful, we saw plenty of normal npcs there
>>
If it doesn't have Triples and Rotation, it'll be objectively worse than Battle Maison
>>
>>29472715
It doesn't. Rotations and Triples were removed because they'd run like shit

Instead you have Battle Royale's FFA as a new battle mode
>>
>>29472715
triples is just a casual version of doubles and rotations are garbage
>>
>>29469025
We've had extra story and quests.

>HGSS: beating the Kanto league, restoring power to the plant and getting strong enough to beat Red
>BW: finding the 7 sages who are in hiding
>ORAS: Delta Episode (even if I hate it)
>XY: Looker mission
>FRLG: stopping the Sevvi Islands branch of Team rocket
>Pt: stopping Team Plasma from using Heatran on Stark Mountain

BW2 has no post game story but has so much content it doesnt matter

>>29469308
(You)
>>
I remember one of the leaks mentioned Zinnia, Az, and Lance appearing somewhere in the game. Az and Zinnia already have battle models, so they wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>29466284
I really like how this post got totally ignored when it's the one most likely to be true.

Did no one here play Colosseum?
>>
>>29473006

> Pt
> Plasma
>>
>>29473315
I always mix up those two teams
>>
It's basically the Battle Maison with two fewer modes and the ability to fight past NPCs during important benchmarks instead of the Chatelaines.
>>
>Climb a tall structure higher and higher
>with double battles
>in a region based on not Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanqJAm1oPU
>>
>>29466284

This, yet everyone keeps ignoring this shit.
>>
>>29466284
The first thing that came to my mind as soon as I saw Wally, I mean the stage and the bridge-sort of thing behind him are pretty reminiscent of Mt. Battle.
>>
>>29473006
>Looker mission

Oh yeah that thing that took 10 minutes to clear.
>>
>>29467562
>unovafags in full damage control
AGAIN
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.