[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wally and Red/Blue are different ages, will this finally be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 83663_Pokemon-RPG-Timeline.png (20KB, 607x151px) Image search: [Google]
83663_Pokemon-RPG-Timeline.png
20KB, 607x151px
Wally and Red/Blue are different ages, will this finally be the final nail in the coffin of the autists who still think "deleted tweet = canon"?
>>
Post game activities are never canon.

Their involvement means nothing.
>>
>>29459711
why is this fanmade timeline so important to you that you'll grasp onto any straw to preserve it?
>>
>>29459711
>Post game activities are never canon.

Says who?

Pokemon fans are fucking retarded when it comes to canon, basically "thing I don't like or contradicts my thoughts means it's not canon"

I think Game Freak just doesn't give a fuck, they wanted to show Red/Blue are from the old ass games so they made them older. And Wally is from the most recent game so they made him look the same. It's not rocket science.
>>
Did you not play the PWT in BW2? GameFreak didn't update the sprites then either, they didn't want to put in the work, same as now for everyone now named Red or Blue.
>>
>>29459876
*not named
>>
>>29459876
>>29459711

Or, perhaps, the timeline that FANS made up isnt correct? Why dont the people who care about the timeline just take this as evidence that Red and Blue are earliest in the timeline (shocker). Any other group of fans would be happy that they got some evidence of this.
>>
>>29459997
As much as I would love timeline autists to shut the fuck up, as we've seen in the past, postgame facilties have no impact. Especially since the guy in the OP tweet is the guy who thought up the idea for the PWT and wrote all the games from Yellow to XY in the first place.
>>
>>29459997
That's the Wally from OrAs, not RSE.
He's from an entirely different universe, it doesn't count.
>>
>>29459662
I like to think of it as
1996 - Generation I/III
1999 - Generation II/IV
2010 - Generation V (Black/White)
2012 - Generation V (Black 2/White 2)/Generation VI (X/Y)
2016 - Generation VII (Sun/Moon)

You know, just going by the release year of the initial games for a generation in Japan.
>Ruby/Sapphire are concurrent with Red/Green (1996)
>Gold/Silver take place 3 years after Red/Green (1999)
>Diamond/Pearl are concurrent with Gold/Silver (1999)
>Black/White take place an undisclosed amount of time after Generation II/IV, but long enough for the Team Rocket grunt from Gold/Silver to have a son (2010)
>Black 2/White 2 take place 2 years after Black/White (2012)
>X/Y are concurrent with Black 2/White 2 (2012)
>Sun/Moon are the big 20th anniversary games and thus take place 20 years after Red/Green (2016)

Red and Green are 11 years old in Red/Green, meaning they were born in 1985, making them 31 years old in Sun and Moon.

The wildcards here are remakes and third versions.
>>
>>29460432
>I like to think of it as
nice headcanon bro but nowhere near correct
>>
Guys wally is just on tranny mones. He is older but looks the same thanks to estrogen.
>>
>>29459662
No because him deleting the tweet doesn't mean it's not right. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>29460615
why would he delete the tweet if it was right though??
>>
The deleted tweet matched what fans had put together based on GAME evidence. There are bits here and there that let us do that. Like the other anon said, they don't always update designs. Cynthia and Looker always look the same and PWT got all the same too.
>>
>>29459662
Timeline is rby then oras then sm.

No leaf existing. Mega bracelet for wally.

So I was right. Plus any future remakes goes in this timeline as well any new gen.

Cartoon itseof is soft rebooted as well.
>>
>>29460515
Well of course the years aren't actually confirmed, but the general timeline of things is known (with the exception of Sun and Moon). Lately, Game Freak has been pretty solid about giving numbers to things, so I wouldn't be surprised to see dialogue like "I was the Pokémon League Champion of Kanto 20 years ago until this guy came along and beat me" when Sun and Moon come out. Red's look in Gen II/IV is the same as it was in Gen I/II, while Green actually changed his outfit in HGSS. But then again, there was never any official artwork for Red made for HGSS, so they just reused his design from FRLG. But it doesn't mean he's not 14 years old there.
>>
>>29459662
Red and Blue/Green are probably part of some minor, post-game subplot and there's every likelihood that there's going to be a Red/Blue sequel on the Switch to pander to nostalgia so they likely have the models anyway and stuck them in to generate interest and speculation. Wally and Cynthia probably don't have any significant role outside of fan service and their inclusion is probably exclusive to that challenge tree thing so there's really no point in designing newer models for them.
Just think about it for half a second without posting impulsively about nothing.
>>
File: bwsettei02.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bwsettei02.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>29460646
Because Game Freak doesn't like revealing that kind of information to the public willy-nilly, and he probably got in trouble for showing it. Hell, EVs, IVs, base stats, and natures mean nothing to most people because Game Freak has only recently outright acknowledged what they mean. There are also tons of pages of concept art that are practically never shown, like the one detailing N's Menger Sponge and what's held within. If someone posted information like that, they'd probably ask him to take it down.
>>
File: george.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
george.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>29461024
or, and here is a wild idea, it was taken down because it doesn't actually represent the games as a whole and was just his own personal opinion that he didn't want to be taken as canon. Ever heard of occam's razor?
>>
>>29461433
You should keep in mind that this was around the time when various Game Freak members just suddenly began posting all types of pieces of development information, like
>BW protagonists were envisioned to be around the age of 16 during their development
>OP tweet
>Gen I rival was called ギャラ夫 (Gyarao; Gyara Guy) by the staff during the development of Red and Green because he owned a Gyarados
And a bunch of other little bits of info. I remember more than just the OP tweet was taken down. Besides, it was widely accepted before this tweet what the chronology of the games were.

Gen I took place at the same time as Gen III because of the Ruby and Sapphire quest in FRLG that connects Kanto to Hoenn
Gen II took place 3 years after Gen I because of numerous pieces of in-game dialogue saying so
Gen IV takes place at the same time as Gen II because of references to recent events in Johto, like the Red Gyarados
Black/White take place after Gen II/IV because the Team Rocket grunt with the accent from GSC/HGSS moved to Unova and started a family
Black 2/White 2 taking place 2 years after Black/White is said numerous times in game
I haven't finished X/Y yet, so I don't know about it. But this was widely accepted information.
>>
>>29459774
>>29459797
>>29459997
stupid fucking denialfags.

literally end your miserable pathetic existence.

No one will miss you.
>>
>>29461934
Yeah, anyone who played the games and paid attention to what was presented knows all of that, it doesn't stop shitposters randomly arguing against it though.
X/Y has a mention of Blue/Green, as far as I remember, saying he's studying there which implies it is at least after Gen II/IV.
>>
File: 1460784121675.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1460784121675.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>29459797
FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING LOGIC
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.