[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get this out of the way now, so that we don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: cdn_tracking.png (15KB, 584x326px) Image search: [Google]
cdn_tracking.png
15KB, 584x326px
Let's get this out of the way now, so that we don't have a repeat of all the misinformation from the demo.

>What prevents us from getting into Sun and Moon early?
Three layers of protection.
-The games' encrypted content need to be uploaded to the CDN.
-The games' titlekey needs to be made available (this is equivalent to saying the games must be purchasable).
-The games' content lock seeds need to be made available.

>How will we know when the games are on the CDN?
Pic related. I'll get a text message when they go up, just like I get texts when any other metadata changes.

>What's a titlekey?
A titlekey is a 128-bit number, that's the key to decrypting the content on the CDN.
Titlekeys get delivered to your console when you purchase a game -- there's no way to get one otherwise.
Thus, we will not have the titlekeys before release or Nintendo making them pre-purchasable, whichever comes first.

>Nintendo made the game's prepurchasable. Why can't we decrypt them?
In addition to the normal CDN crypto, sun and moon will use a content_lock seed protection system.
In addition to the normal encryption on every 3ds game, Sun and Moon will have a 128-bit "content lock seed", used to encrypt the games.
Without this value, the games can't be decrypted, even if you've installed them via pre-purchasing.

The "small update" you download on release date for a pre-purchased game consists entirely of this 128-bit content lock seed, which gets published on release.
>>
>What does all this mean?
-The games will probably be uploaded to the CDN in the next week or two.
-The games may not be prepurchasable. If they're not, they're doubly protected.
-If they are prepurchasable, they're still protected by a 128-bit value, which nobody can brute-force before the universe dies.

All in all, nobody's going to be getting into Sun/Moon early via the eShop, because nobody has the titlekey, and nobody has the content lock seed.

Your best hope for the games to leak early is for some anon to get a cartridge and dump it.
>>
File: 1451427243343.png (213KB, 444x425px) Image search: [Google]
1451427243343.png
213KB, 444x425px
>>29452008
I love you senpai.
>>
>>29452012
>Your best hope for the games to leak early is for some anon to get a cartridge and dump it.
Which is pretty much what we've been expecting ever since they announced they would sell it in China, then...
>>
>>29452008
128 options isn't that many, right? Why can't you just guess the keys?

Regardless, just wanted to thank you for all your work on the demo datamining.
>>
If someone manages to get a physical copy of the game, can they find the titlekey or seed from that?
Can a CIA be made from a cartridge dump that doesn't need the seed if it cannot be found?
Can the cartridge be dumped from a 3DS with only homebrew?
>>
>>29452117
Anon, 128-bit means a 128 character combination of letters and numbers.
>>
>>29452134
A cartridge dump doesn't use content lock protection, and so will give us neither the titlekey nor the content lock seed.

A CIA can be made from a cartridge dump that doesn't need the seed.

A cartridge can be dumped on any system that has A9LH, and maybe via braindump, but that's not guaranteed.

>>29452113
The games are not being sold in China. They're being translated to Chinese. Big difference.

They're not shipping to any new markets, which you can check easily enough. The chinese translation is just for Hong Kong/Taiwan, which ORAS/XY also sold in.

>>29452036
I love you too, anon.
>>
>>29452117
it was explained before that in order to properly brute force this, it would take an astronomical number of years on a computer, like in the quadrillions or something. this planet will cease to be by that time.

just wait for someone to get the cart early and dump the rom
>>
>>29452136
No, it's 2 to the power 128. So basically infinity.

You'll never force it in the planet's lifetime.
>>
>>29452117
It's not 128 option, it's a 128 character code where each character can assume... I think 16 values? I don't remember. so it's actually 16^128 options
>>
>>29452217
My mistake. That's a lot worse than I thought.
>>
>>29452229
actually what you were thinking is way worse than that. your proposal is 36^128 different combinations
>>
Where da repo, id love to collab
>>
>>29452259
Man, I always sucked cock at math.
>>
>>29452008
>>29452008 (OP) #
I hope it doesn't get leaked early, that would mess up Gamefreaks income and the games would sell lower than usual. More money for Gamefreak = better games
>>
>>29452303
What if I told you it will barely affect sales if it even does manage to do so?
>>
>>29452327
What makes you think that?
>>
>>29452303
>gen 6 sold more than 4 and 5
Seems to be the opposite
>>
>>29452303
It's almost a guarantee, unfortunately. Any big release lately gets leaked online a few days in advance now.
>>
>>29452303
There's only an unreliable emulator and 3DS hacking is technical with lots of barriers. It will make basically zero difference if it's leaked or not, unless UBs/the plot scares off the genwunners who wouldn't have bothered purchasing the device and the game anyway.
>>
>>29452340
I mean, an early leak really won't impact sales. It's a pokemon game.

ORAS leaked a few days early, and has sold more than HGSS.
>>
>>29452008
Probably a stupid question, but anyways.

What happens if someone gets a cartridge? Will they be unable to play the game until it is made purchasable? What if they get the .cia from said cartridge?
>>
>>29452340
Not him but moralfags exist as well as people who can't pirate because they updated like an idiot.
There's also collectors and children that don't know about pirating.

Piracy is barely going to affect sales.
>>
>>29452371
See >>29452184

tl;dr Cartridges (and dumps) will be playable before release, if anyone gets them.
>>
>>29452371
Oh, someone asked this already. Nevermind me.
>>
File: 1466450823108.gif (892KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466450823108.gif
892KB, 320x240px
>>29452327
>>29452340

Not that anon but have you seen how many retards on /vp/ can't even get homebrew working, much less downgrading and installing cfw/cias?
>>
>>29452393
>have you seen how many retards on /vp/ can't even get homebrew working

Those people are just lazy or scared that they will somehow brick their systems (except for those who updated them without checking, those are literal retards)

I have friends who are not tech-savvy at all and they managed to succesfully install homebrew/AL9H just following tutorials. It's really that easy.

Though yeah, it wouldn't affect the sales at all. GF sells millions of games, so a couple of thousand people pirating them means nothing
>>
>>29452389
Strictly speaking they could make the cartridge require a new system update and only release it when the games come out, yes?
Obviously they'd include it on the cart too but it's a complication for dumpers.
>>
>>29452468
No, because you can edit what system version is required, and games will almost always run on lower system versions than required.

Also, dumping new system updates from a cart is easy.
>>
>>29452008
We already have the titlekey and the seeds. We only need the first point. yay!
>>
>>29452517
We have neither the titlekeys nor the seeds for Sun/Moon.

Why do you think we have both?
>>
File: 1477285624738.png (80KB, 284x184px) Image search: [Google]
1477285624738.png
80KB, 284x184px
>>29452517
Negative to both of those, Ghost Rider.
>>
>>29452520
They're already posted in 3dsiso anon
>>
>>29452542
...No, no they are not.

And I'm the OP -- trust me, I know what I'm talking about here.
>>
>>29452393
I've never tried to be honest
>>
File: seeyaspacecowboy.jpg (167KB, 1392x280px) Image search: [Google]
seeyaspacecowboy.jpg
167KB, 1392x280px
>>29452008
Don't worry, this dude's got it covered.
>>
>>29452008
What language is that? JS? C++?
>>
>>29452702
C#. It's my language of choice.
>>
>>29452715
You are a disgusting human being.
>>
>>29452658
4 Days early just like oras
>>
>>29452722
Thank you.

My second language of choice is C.
>>
>>29452722
>He hasn't accepted SciresM as your lord and saviour
>>
>>29452576
You don't know nothing. Are you Stephen hawking? I don't think so.
>>
We already knew this.

Leaks always come from carts.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.