[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine Gamefreak remake Diamond/Pearl, and decide to boost the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18

Imagine Gamefreak remake Diamond/Pearl, and decide to boost the Sinnoh Dex by adding Sinnoh Form variants.

What pokemon would you choose? Where would they be located? What's their deepest lore?

(hard mode: No Gen 1)
>>
>>29437289
Anything that ends up fire type.
>>
I know it won't happen but Sinnoh Form Sandile that adapted to live in the marshes would pretty neat.
>>
>>29437289
If they do this it will probably be forma of johto mons. With each next game getting the other previous gen in order.

For example unova forms of hoeenn.
>>
FAIRY MILOTIC
>>
>>29437289
>not dark clouds
>>
File: BURNING ON THE INSIDE.jpg (89KB, 534x612px) Image search: [Google]
BURNING ON THE INSIDE.jpg
89KB, 534x612px
>>29437289

>No Gen1
>Magmortar and Electivire get new formes
>>
Normal/Ice Ursaring with Ice Punch and Ice Shard
>>29437365
Fire/Rock Rampardos with Flame Charge and Flare Blitz. Counterpart is an Ice/Rock Bastiodon with Avalanche and Ice Shard.
>>29437473
Water/Ground Sandile with Aqua Jet and Waterfall? Yes please.
>>
>>29437475
Just like we got Gen 2 Megastarters in SM, right?
Face it, we're never getting interesting gimmicks outside the stray +10BST to non-genwun shit or FOTM mons like Greninja
>>
>>29437289
Ghost/Steel Mega Laucher special attacker Gollurk that's built like a cannon for Iron Island.
>>
Ghost/Fighting Dusknoir with Mummy ability and Dynamic Punch via relearnir
>>
>>29437529
>Ice/Rock Bastiodon
Yes, because SLOW DEFENSIVE ICE TYPE with 6 weaknesses, 2 of which are 4x, worked out so well last time
>>
>>29437629
yeah, but fuck bastiodon. it's a mega shitmon anyway.
>>
>>29437289
imagine if gamefreak decides to mix up the formula again and introduces new evos for sinnoh mons
>>
>>29437289
>Sinnoh forms
>[existing region] forms

Stop. Alolan Forms exist because it's a region on an archipelago in the middle of the ocean, causing a very few Pokemon imported from other regions in the past to undergo adaptational changes. Alola having regional variants does not mean every other region suddenly has regional variants, and anyone who honestly thinks DP remakes will include Sinnoh forms is painfully retarded.
>>
>>29437556
You don't compare megas to forms. The megas are all masudas favs.
>>
>>29437735
>Stop. Megas exist because it's a region where specific meteorites fell, causing a very few Pokemon to undergo evolutionary changes. Kalos having mega evolutions does not mean every other region suddenly has mega evolutions, and anyone who honestly thinks RS remakes will include mega evolutions is painfully retarded.
>>
>>29437735
They put megas in oras. They can put sinnoh forms in as a gimmick to boost sales.

Putting new pokemon even if it's forms boost the sales. People want to catch new pokemon even if it's 20 something only new ones.
>>
>>29437942
>>29437947
Megas =! Regional Variants

If you really don't see the difference between a temporary evolution and regional variation as a result of isolated populations, then you are in fact painfully retarded.
>>
>>29437942
>>29437947
You guys realize Z-Moves are the Mega equivalent in Alola, not Alolan forms, right? This analogy doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>29437289
This wouldn't make sense lore wise or for making it a straight remake.

Megas worked for ORAS because it just altered the story and NPC battles slightly by giving the player more purpose and giving characters like Steven Stone some "super saiyan" bullshit in the plot. Megas only added more depth to the story and gave certain battles more challenge, but at the heart ORAS was still the same game.

Considering that regional variants are meant to be based on local environments AND "have always been there" in the region AND the Sinnoh games let us catch a lot of Gen 1-3 Pokemon in their typical forms... it wouldn't make sense for the remake to include regional forms for older Pokemon if the remakes have the goal of recreating the classic experience of Gen 4. They can absolutely include the new evolutions or Formes from later games, but having regional variants of Pokemon from Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh or Hoenn really doens't make sense, considering they were able to be caught as they were in the original DPPt games.

But what about Alola, Unova and Kalos Pokemon appearing as Sinnoh Forms? That's an easy way to solve both problems -- giving us new regional variants and also not "ruining" the original experience of Gen 4. It also solves the issue fans have with Alolaforms being only Gen 1 Pokemon.

I for one would shit bricks if we could come across a Steel/Dragon Kommo-o hanging out in Mt. Coronet.
>>
File: 1460799300140.png (149KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1460799300140.png
149KB, 600x450px
These aren't necessarily Sinnoh Forms, just spitballing random ideas for all the Cross-Gen evolutions introduced in Gen IV.

>Electric/Fire Magnezone that's basically this big ball of magnetized metal constantly undergoing barely-controlled fusion.

>Fairy/Poison Lickilicky that has basically become one big cream puff with a highly corrosive tongue to gobble up entire buffet lines at once.

>Ice-type Rhyhorn line culminating in Ice/Fire Rhyperior with a molten core, eats rock and then fires out molten rock from its arms.

>Grass/Steel Tangela and Tangrowth, basically one big mass of organic barbed wire.

>Electric/Fighting Electivire without tails, but with taser knuckles.

>Fire/Water Magmortar that have partially taken to water, like actual ducks.

>Normal/Poison Porygon-Z that has become a full blown computer virus.

>Fairy/Ground Togepi-line that remains grounded and retains its defensive eggshell to curl up into.

>Normal/Fighting Ambipom, a bit scruffier around the edges and its hands look better suited for karate chops than slapping.

>Bug/Dragon Yanmega, a bit bulkier and more serpentine, with wings arrayed more like a helicopter.

>Dark/Steel Honchkrow that have become so loaded down with bling pilfered by its Murkrow minions that they can no longer get off the ground.

>Ghost/Fairy Mismagius with more of a focus on its "happiness-granting" chants.

>Ground/Poison Gliscor with Levitate, possessing extremely potent toxins well in excess of normal Gliscor.

>Ice/Poison Weavile whose claws have become so cold that even the faintest touch from them can cause frostbite.

>Ice/Ghost Mamoswine that was mostly a skeleton by the time it was dethawed by researchers.

>Fairy/Steel Gallade decked out like a proper knight in shining armor.

>Steel/Electric Probopass that has basically become one giant magic with the craziest iron-filings facial hair imaginable, possibly with afro.

>Grass/Dark Roserade with more of a "phantom of the opera" kind of bent.
>>
All these stupid people in this thread making Sinnoh forms for pokemon that were new in Sinnoh
>>
File: 1471772310957.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471772310957.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>Ghost/Dark Dusknoir that has basically turned into a massive black hole / gate to the underworld.

>Ghost/Fire Froslass born from legends of a woman that was lost on a volcanic mountain when it erupted, I don't know.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nh5kfvR3Li1rpu4h1.gif (466KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nh5kfvR3Li1rpu4h1.gif
466KB, 500x281px
>>29438347
>I for one would shit bricks if we could come across a Steel/Dragon Kommo-o hanging out in Mt. Coronet.
DON'T DO THIS TO ME MAN.
>>
>>29438347
But Sinnoh isn't a microclimate.
>>
File: 1468937138606.png (231KB, 675x621px) Image search: [Google]
1468937138606.png
231KB, 675x621px
>>29438347
>Yungoos discovered to be originally from a new Route in Sinnoh, Sinnoh Gumshoos is Normal/Fighting-type
>Drampa can be rarely found outside Celestic Town and is a pure Dragon-type who looks even more ancient
>Mimikyu is Ghost/Normal-type and disguises itself as Munchlax
>Minior can be caught in rare instances around Mt. Coronet and appears in both its original Alola Form and a new Ice/Psychic-type Sinnoh Form based more on an icy comet
>Sandygast line can be caught early on in the Oreburgh Mine and is Rock/Ghost-type made of a pile of dirt and stone with a pickaxe in its head
>Morelull in Sinnoh cannot evolve unless they interact with a select few Bug-type Pokemon, evolving into a Bug/Fairy-type evolution that looks like an infected version of the Bug-type it absorbed. Each is a different form and has its own ability and differences in stats (and it does remove the Bug-type from the party, sort of like a step further from Mantyke needing a Remoraid to evolve)
>Jangmo-o line evolves in Dragon/Steel from living in Mt. Coronet

I could keep going with Unova and Kalos mons, but this is good for now
>>
>>29438574
Valid, but it has many small climatic zones throughout -- Mt. Coronet, the Great Marsh, Battle Zone, etc.

They could easily bullshit a way to get newer Pokemon into the game and explain why they changed. They will let us catch them in the postgame anyway
>>
>>29438605
>>29438347
>new forms of Pokemon introduced in the exact same gen

You guys really don't see the problem here? And don't get me started on Sinnoh forms for Unova/Kalos pokemon, their climates are way too similar. And again, Sinnoh is not a microclimate.
>>
>>29438605
>Rock/Water Clauncher line that fires rocks from the bottom of rivers
>Dragon/Normal Noivern line that evolved to climb on walls due to the crampedness of Mt. Coronet
>Normal/Fairy Furfrou that adapted to being prettied up like a showdog
Easy Money
>>
File: 1464528278669.jpg (71KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
1464528278669.jpg
71KB, 488x750px
>>29438347
>Considering that regional variants are meant to be based on local environments AND "have always been there" in the region AND the Sinnoh games let us catch a lot of Gen 1-3 Pokemon in their typical forms... it wouldn't make sense for the remake to include regional forms for older Pokemon
Easily bypassed though, they would just do the ORAS retcon on it
>Why is my Noctowl Fire/Flying when it wasn't like that in the originals?
>Primal-Mega-Delta-Supreme-Fusion Dialga/Palkia did a thing a few hundred years ago that shifted the climate of Sinnoh, making for some environmental changes which means some Pokemon adapted differently
>"Oh but only in this timeline. Imagine a timeline where that didn't happen, anon! A world just like our own, but really different at the same time!"

Pic unrelated
>>
>>29438605

>Sandygast line can be caught early on in the Oreburgh Mine and is Rock/Ghost-type made of a pile of dirt and stone with a pickaxe in its head

This is brilliant. Even more so if Palossand has gemstones embedded in it to entice people to try and mine it with the pickaxe, thereby falling under its control.

>>29438664

>And again, Sinnoh is not a microclimate.

To be frank, I don't really care about the real world science of how this would actually work, anon. It seems clear to me that Regional Forms are something Game Freak wants to pursue instead of adding as many new Pokemon as they possibly can and bloating the dex numbers, so why not explore that avenue?
>>
>>29438719
Stop being retarded. Alolan forms are unique to Alola because it's based on Hawaii which is a natural microclimate with high species diversity. It's not a gimmick that works with remakes.
>>
>>29438749

*It's not a gimmick that works with remakes, unless Game Freak wants it that way.
>>
>>29438771
It was a gimmick for the 20th anniversary but it also was one made with a basis in reality. I'm not saying they can't do Sinnoh forms, I just know they won't based on official information. Ergo, you're retarded.
>>
>>29438443
This, what the shit.

I'd like a Fire/Water Wooper and Quagsire, that live in the marshes and generate steam. Probably a Fire-type Machamp too, since Gengar, Alakazam and Golem have already gotten alternate form love. Sinnoh desperately needs more Fire support, the Elite Four guy only using Rapidash and Infernape was preposterous.
>>
>>29438813
>he didn't play Platinum
>>
>>29438808

So you have no argument then, other than "it wouldn't work in the real world", which is irrelevant as far as Pokemon is concerned. Got it.
>>
File: 1454821515771s.jpg (11KB, 250x208px) Image search: [Google]
1454821515771s.jpg
11KB, 250x208px
>>29438719
>>Sandygast line can be caught early on in the Oreburgh Mine and is Rock/Ghost-type made of a pile of dirt and stone with a pickaxe in its head
>
>This is brilliant. Even more so if Palossand has gemstones embedded in it to entice people to try and mine it with the pickaxe, thereby falling under its control.

Holy shit, somebody with drawing skills get on this! You just improved the fuck out of that idea 100 fold
>>
>>29438839
My argument is based on the exact reasoning why Gamefreak included Alola forms to begin with and why it doesn't apply to Sinnoh. You literally have no argument. I think we're done here.
>>
File: 1470061559418.png (92KB, 188x280px) Image search: [Google]
1470061559418.png
92KB, 188x280px
>>29438808
>>29438771
>>29438749
>>29438813
>>29438838
>>29438839

I'll restate my point from earlier:

Logistically, it ONLY makes sense to give Sinnoh forms to Pokemon from Gens 5-7 since all of the Gen 1-3 mons were available in some form during Gen 4 -- and all of the Gen 4 Pokemon originate from Sinnoh!

And while Hawaii is a microclimate with high biodiversity (islands cause rapid evolution just by virtue of being islands), technically a microclimate is just any portion of a larger climate that is localized. You could argue that one tree in an entire park is a microclimate for all that it matters.

In other words, they could easily "science" away that Kalos, Alola, and Unova mons introduced to Sinnoh evolved into different variants once they reached the region. Like the examples posted earlier, why wouldn't something evolve differently once it hit, say, Mt. Coronet or the Great Marsh?

...my autism is flaring up. I'm out.
>>
>>29438843
>Even more so if Palossand has gemstones embedded in it to entice people to try and mine it with the pickaxe, thereby falling under its control.
Isn't that basically just cofagrigus at that point?
>>
>>29438898
see
>>29438710
>>
>>29438898
see
>>29438898

Also want to add that we are getting explanations like "Pikachu ate a lot of pancakes" for why new forms appeared.

Any of these arguments are really invalidated by that level of bullshit. Really.
>>
>>29438899

Tangentially, I guess. One punishes tomb robbers, the other punishes greedy spelunkers and miners. But Cofagrigus just swallows them whole, while Palossand mind controls them.
>>
Mudkip are catchable in a small part of the Marshes. It seems like the natural habitat for them.
>>
>>29438898
Kalos and Unova have more or less the same regional composition as Sinnoh, so there's no reason to suspect that those Pokemon would just happen to adapt differently to incredibly specific parts of the Sinnoh region, and Alolan pokemon are still too new to be given regional variants.

I understand where you're coming from but its a massive stretch for something that Sinnoh as a region doesn't actually need.
>>
>>29438922
>we are getting explanations like "Pikachu ate a lot of pancakes" for why new forms appeared.

Pretty sure that's the only one that's not actually based in reality, because it's for a mascot Pokemon.
>>
I'd prefer it if they had Mega-Evolution instead, they've got the perfect professor to be studying this phenomenon.

And there aren't that many different climates in Sinnoh. You've got your GIANT ASS MOUNTAIN, and a marsh.
>>
>>29439121
What about Primal evolutions instead? With Sinnoh's connection to mythology and the past it would actually be a worthwhile tie-in.
>>
>>29439155
I would prefer to keep that legendary only but I could also see that making a comeback in Sinnoh.
Maybe have the Lake Trio capable of reverting back into a more powerful/scary looking form....
>>
>>29438922
A-Raichu has no explanation, pancakes is a dumb "joke" by the locals because none of them actually care
>>
>>29439199
If they used it sparingly and purposefully I wouldn't mind, perhaps just for Fossil pokemon (all of which can be obtained in the underground) or for Pokemon that evolve with Ancientpower (Tangrowth, Mamoswine, ect.)

It was a neat concept, I just wish Gamefreak had done a little more with it.
>>
If sinnoh forms exist, it wouldn't make sense of Pokemon that were already in its dex unchanged got new forms. Only Unova/Kalos/Alola Pokemon would get new forms.
I think it'd be interesting though if there were certain "Alola spots" added to the sinnoh region. Maybe Palkia fucked with space and put little bits of Alola into sinnoh, similar to hidden grottos, that would give you the chance to get things like Alolan vulpix/sandshrew on Route217, or if you evolved the non-Alola Pokemon there it became the Alolan form
>>
>>29439262
Imagine having, say, five Sinnoh forms. And even some Primal Reversion. Why not both?
>>
>>29439292
Or something like the Sevii Islands...

I should add that Primal Dialga and Primal Palkia should be a given

What would the types be?
>>
>>29439292
>If sinnoh forms exist, it wouldn't make sense of Pokemon that were already in its dex unchanged got new forms
Again, see >>29438710
>>
>>29439292
>Only Unova/Kalos/Alola Pokemon would get new forms.
See >>29438978 and >>29438664
There just isn't enough regional variance between Sinnoh and Kalos/Unova to justify new forms, Alola gets regional variants because its a series of small islands entirely separate from every other region.
>>
File: N_and_Reshiram.jpg (174KB, 1744x1264px) Image search: [Google]
N_and_Reshiram.jpg
174KB, 1744x1264px
>>29439262
I really want to see it show up in Unova remakes. I want to see what the Original Dragon looked like
>>
>>29439348
Play Mother 3 then
>>
>>29437289
So we're arguing back and forth about whether they should exist or not.

But are we going to get new formes for Dialga and Palkia? How about Giratina? Arceus?

I definitely would put money down that Arceus would be fully acknowledged in the story of the remake. Maybe even with Silvally involved somehow? Team Aether would be a fun foil for Team Galactic, even as a cameo in the postgame. Hmm...
>>
>>29439301
I've already made my argument against Sinnoh forms. Primal forms would at least fit thematically with the region, whereas Sinnoh forms would just be forcing Alola's gimmick on a region that shouldn't have them. I'm sure we'll get regional variants in Gen VIII, there's no need to squander the concept elsewhere just for the sake of it.
>>
>>29439407
Well if Sinnoh wouldn't get unique forms, should any of the previous regions get them?
>>
>>29439445
No, they shouldn't, that's exactly the point I'm making. They introduced Regional Variants in Alola because it's based on an actual microclimate with high species diversity, and many of the adaptations of the Pokemon imported to that region are based on real examples. Assuming that Gamfreak continues to create regions in increasing exotic places, we should see more regional variants in the future, but not in existing regions.
>>
>>29439121
>I'd prefer it if they had Mega-Evolution instead, they've got the perfect professor to be studying this phenomenon.
The funny thing is that Sycamore is Rowan's pupil.

Primal Arceus would go well, but it would me something so powerful that I can't see it being catchable, and neither it should be. Like, just think about it being able to create universes under the control of a human. It doesn't make any sense. The same goes to Dialga and Palkia primal forms.

For Sinnoh forms, I would like a Poison/Steel Crobat line with levitate and it would be found in Mt. Coronet.

Sinnoh Flygon being bug/dragon would be fine too.
>>
>>29438898
If D/P get remakes, the remakes replace them in the canon. This means the wild Pokemon as well. The Pokemon get replaced in the canon as well, to my understanding. I don't think GF puts too much thought into which Pokemon canonically appear an each region. It's more like every new gen the canon pokedex for the whole world gets updated and it's assumed the biodiversity of the whole world is adapted to include it, not just the new region. Alolan forms aren't even called "Alolan forms" in Japan, they're just region forms. They're just subspecies. If GF did sinnoh remakes and wanted to include region forms, it would be expected that we assume they had always been there and the new regional pokedex would replace the old one. GF is not nearly as autistic about their canon as we are
>>
>>29439566
>For Sinnoh forms, I would like a Poison/Steel Crobat line with levitate and it would be found in Mt. Coronet.
>Sinnoh Flygon being bug/dragon would be fine too.

These don't even make sense.
>>
>>29439493
Not even Hoenn that has a similar island theme? I've always gotten the impression that Hoenn is far away from Kanto-Johto-Sinnoh that it could have these variants.
>>
>>29439566
>Primal Arceus would go well, but it would be something so powerful that I can't see it being catchable, and neither it should be
It could be a post-game boss that's also scaled-up by Totem powers, it can summon Dialga, Palkia or Giratina instead of commonshits like Rattata. Play out the Japanese end-game battle against God trope to full effect. Primal Arceus can't be caught in this battle - you can only get it from a special event.
>>
>>29439662
Hoenn is based off of Kyushu, its tropical like Alola but it's nowhere near as isolated. Technically Kanto could be considered tropical as well. Alola is already confirmed to be completely isolated form every other region, which is why it has variants.
>>
>>29439566
Just give Arceus a "Jewel of Life" held item that makes it take half damage from all attacks and makes Judgement always Super Effective, say it makes Arceus "every type at once" even though mechanically it doesn't have a type and it's just the ability/held item doing the work and call it a day.
>>
>>29439698
If that is the case then I would say the Unova should have unique forms. B/W2 introduced all sorts of old pokémon to the areas and a return to the region we could see some newly adapted pokémon.
>>
>>29439809

This, Unova could totally have Regional Forms of Pokemon from other regions, or Unovan Pokemon found in other continents could have them.
>>
>>29439809
>>29439848

No, Unova is also not a microclimate. You seem to be missing the bigger picture here.
>>
>>29439923
Unova doesn't need to be a micro-climate in order to create unique forms. It's full of pokémon that previous gen-mons have never encountered and have to adapt to a new place in the food-chain.

This happened in Alola with Rattata and Marowak.
>>
>>29440127
>Unova doesn't need to be a micro-climate in order to create unique forms

Actually it does, its the entire reason Alolan forms exist to begin with.

>It's full of pokémon that previous gen-mons have never encountered and have to adapt to a new place in the food-chain.

BW2 retconned the region so that all those Pokemon existed in Unova to begin with. Just becuase a Pokemon is introduced in a certain region doesn't mean it's native to that region only (ex. Lapras).
>>
>>29437289

Swellow would have a Water/Flying form and have a light-blue replace its lighter parts, and its tail would be more wavy and free-form and light blue. This mon is also a lot more thin and agile. It'd overall have a cooler expression and learn moves like Aqua Jet/Waterfall and Ice-type moves.

Its stats would be focused on its Attack and Speed, making it a glass cannon.

Abilities would be Lightning Rod/Cloud Nine.

Its lore would be that Jubilife City trainers often used Taillow and Swellow for acrobatic acts across the city to attract large crowds, but, due to growing lack of interest, they trained their Pokemon to be able to preform during Thunderstorms, acting as living Lightning Rods, adding much to the spectacle. To do this, they had their Swellows dive down into bodies of water which were then given a shock with growing power until they became immune. However, as a slight backdraw to this, their tough feathers have lost their strength and become loose and more fur-like, and their time within the water has re-classified them to the Water typing.

(Sinnoh Form Taillow is similar in design, but much less noticeable.)
>>
>>29439923
It may not be a "microclimate" but the climate and general flora/fauna of the New York area is certainly pretty different to what you'd find in mainland Japan or Hokkaido. Thus, it stands to reason that Pokemon from the first four gens that show up in Unova could believably have Unovan forms since they're not native to that environment.

Similarly, it would make sense to have different forms for certain Alolan Pokemon once they're taken out of Alola - regional versions of Oricorio for instance, or a Sinnoh Polar Bear version of Bewear.
>>
>>29440161
I don't think you understand Regional forms, anon. A Swellow in Sinnoh will be the same as a Swellow in Hoenn, because neither Hoenn nor Sinnoh are microclimates. There's nothing stopping a wild Sinnoh Swellow from flying to Hoenn or vice-versa.
>>
>>29440216

Because Alola's micro-climate changed Rattata amirite. The Pokemon who changed because it had to hide and only come out at night.
>>
It's fucking simple you dingus'. In the Diamond remake Dialga's influence causes prehistoric variations of Pokemon and variations from the future to appear.

In the Pearl remake Palkia's influence causes Pokemon variants from isolated regions of the world to appear

Both also grant access to Distortion World variants, Pokemon who adapted to that insane climate
>>
>>29440181
>Thus, it stands to reason that Pokemon from the first four gens that show up in Unova could believably have Unovan forms since they're not native to that environment.

So you didn't read the second part of my post?
>Just because a Pokemon is introduced in a certain region doesn't mean it's only native to that region only (ex. Lapras).

>Similarly, it would make sense to have different forms for certain Alolan Pokemon once they're taken out of Alola - regional versions of Oricorio for instance, or a Sinnoh Polar Bear version of Bewear.
Since when are red pandas polar bears? This example doesn't make a lot of sense.
>>
>>29440248
That's because Alola is a set of islands in the middle of the ocean, Alolan Rattata don't breed with normal Rattata so the species changes.

You know, like how evolution works in reality?
>>
>>29440317

Boy, sure is Summer in here.
>>
>>29440317
It's the same thing with Simmons Rattata, how the fuck would they breed with the Kanto kind?
>>
>>29440385
Sinnoh and Kanto are fucking connected, why wouldn't they?
>>
>>29440356
Sure is /v/ in here.
>>
>>29439923

This kind of autism is not warranted for a children's video game.
>>
>>29440436
But is Unova connected to any of the other regions?
>>
>>29438093
>>29438186
None of you can read.
>>
>>29440704
No which is why it had 156 new pokemon in that region, but its still not a microclimate so it still can't have regional variants.
>>
>>29437947
>boost sales
kek
>>
>>29438710
>making for some environmental changes which means some Pokemon adapted differently
Wasn't this already a thing in platinum? Why there was so much snow?
>>
>>29440157
Then why did unova not have forms?
>>
Johto mons only.
>>
>>29438978
Mountain forms and marsh forms.
>>
>>29441927
It did dumbie. People loved the new megas.
>>
>islands are the only ways to isolate a population
I can't believe someone is this dumb while pretending to not be.
>>
>>29440704
Not thus far.
Certainly not any of the Japanese ones. Which is why it's stuff has been isolated so long it's completely new species instead of just regional variants.

You know what also fits that same geologic description? Kalos. Only Kalos also has a bunch of Japanmon for no discernable reason and no regional variants either.

So what's up with pokefrance? Are the japanmon invasive species left there after the 3000 year ago war or something?
>>
>>29442013
Lot of grass and ground and rock and flyng.
>>
>>29439923
>Micro-climate
It has never been stated the existence of Alola forms are purely due to the micro-climates. In fact, when we apply real-world biology to Pokémon, (sub)speciation doesn't happen due to climates (though it obviously influences the traits more likely to develop through natural selection), but for the largest part due to separation. The only regions which aren't seperated are Kanto and Johto, and even they are bisected by mountains.

As for the climate of Sinnoh, it is clearly different from the climates of Unova and Kalos, being much colder (with the exception of the battle zone, which IS a mico-climate). In addition, Unova is the only region with confirmed seasons, which means it's the only region with a confirmed temperate climate.

>>29440436
>Sinnoh and Kanto are fucking connected
Nice headcanon. Sinnoh has been stated to be an island.

It's more likely Sinnoh takes the place of Hokkaido relative to Kanto, and as such is separated by water and a lot of (mountainous) land.

>>29441835
>its still not a microclimate so it still can't have regional variants
Flawless logic, obviously
>>
>>29440317
I don't think you understand how microclimates or evolution work either. Sinnoh has completely different microclimates from every other region. Sinnoh is completely isolated from every other region so any Pokemon would evolve differently. What is it with your autistic reasons for thinking that Sinnoh can't have regional forms? Not even GF gives a shit about all that, and you're not even right.

>>29441998
Cause regional forms was not a gimmick that Gamefreak thought at the time.
>>
>>29439292
Alola forms will be found in a reformed Great Marsh
>>
Normal/ice girafferig
Covered in thick shaggy fur and looks similar to an alpaca
Fur coat / stamina
Gets special ice type moves such as blizzard and to slack off
>>
File: potential sinnoh forms.png (307KB, 1036x688px) Image search: [Google]
potential sinnoh forms.png
307KB, 1036x688px
>>29437289
For reference, here's the platinum dex without any gen 4 Pokémon.
>>
>>29442423
You forgot scizor also has a mega
>>
>>29442471
>>29442423
And alakazam
>>
>>29442471
You're right. I forgot about Alakazam too. I find it interesting how there are barely any Pokemon with Alolan forms in the dex. It does give a bit more credibility to the Sinnoh forms theory.

This is making me worried that it'll once more be reserved for gen 1 Pokémon though. Machamp, Goldick, Seaking and Rapidash lines would be some prime candidates I think.
>>
>>29438966
If it's mind-controlling them, imagine if forces the mind-controlled slaves to mine more rock to help them reproduce.
>>
>>29442423
So if we assume that Gen 4 families, Mega families and Alola families wouldn't get a Sinnoh Form, we're left with
>Zubat Line
>Machop Line
>Psyduck Line
>Wurmple Family
>Goldeen Line
>Whiscash Line
>Ponyta Line
>Clefairy Line
>Hoothoot Line
>Unown
>Wooper Line
>Wingull Line
>Girafarig
>Marill Line
>Remoraid Line
>Tentacool Line
>Feebas Line
>Scyther Line
That's a pretty healthy selection to make Sinnoh varieties of. Maybe even throw in a few Unova Pokemon too.
>>
File: tumblr_lyuc8yxaNL1r64jmlo1_500.png (325KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyuc8yxaNL1r64jmlo1_500.png
325KB, 500x410px
>>29442423
New unknown forms would be cool.
Personally hoping for the Cyrillic alphabet since it's a colder region and they've been seen in the anime before. (or was it a movie?)
Or maybe Katakanas or Hiraganas being Japan and all.
>>
>>29442423
Anything but megas can get one. The gen 4 evo and the same ones that got alolan forms could still get one.
>>
>>29438843
I require sauce
>>
>>29442626
I really doubt they'll give them to Pokemon that already have megas or alolan forms, but the ones part of gen 4 families shouldn't be discredited I think.

Also, keep in mind this is the Platinum dex. If previous remakes have taught us anything, the dex will probably be more similar to DP's.
>>
>>29442085

>I can't believe someone is this dumb while pretending to not be.

I can, it happens all the time.
>>
>>29442663
I mean, even megas aren't necessarily out of the question I think. It's unlikely, but not impossible.
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (873KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
873KB, 400x226px
>>29442576

>Pokemon trainer enters a mine and finds all the miners mindlessly digging out ore to produce more piles of rock for Sandygasts to inhabit when their bodies ultimately give out and the resulting grudges seep into the stone.
>>
File: 85957ed0.png (2MB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
85957ed0.png
2MB, 1024x724px
>>29442212
>Sinnoh has been stated to be an island.
When was that?
The map doesn't show the complete landmass. For all we know, it could be a peninsula connected at the west or south side.
>>
>>29442669
>If previous remakes have taught us anything, the dex will probably be more similar to DP's
While I can't see them implementing things like the Distortion World in a potential DP remake ("it's not a Platinum remake!", etc), I think the Platinum dex would make a comeback either way. Things like the Battle Frontier are added bonuses in a third game, but the dex change in Platinum was an absolutely necessary fix for the region.

Besides, I just don't think Game Freak would ever allow a Pokedex with only 151 Pokemon in it these days unless it was a remake of gen 1: a Pokedex with less than 200 Pokemon just doesn't cut it in the current vidya climate, especially after how oversaturated with choice Kalos was.
>>
>>29442701
I think it might be johto mons and ther prevos and evos and any kanto mon in gen 2.
>>
File: Map_of_Hokkaido.jpg (22KB, 750x641px) Image search: [Google]
Map_of_Hokkaido.jpg
22KB, 750x641px
>>29442764

Well, if it's based on Hokkaido, then assuming it is a separate landmass is not much of a stretch.
>>
>>29442764
Across Sinnoh plenty of houses have televisions, if you interact with it some programas will give you information as Sinnoh is an island, not peninsula.
>>
>>29442817
Alolan dex is smaller than kalos. Around 300. I think oras was 211.
>>
File: 3c9.gif (245KB, 241x199px) Image search: [Google]
3c9.gif
245KB, 241x199px
Well, seeing as how they're using the Alola forms to patch up Alola's lack of Dark and Ice-types, it makes sense they'd do the same for Sinnoh and its Fire/Dragon problem.

So how about;
>Fire Voltorb line, ditched its disguise and became a standard bomb
>Poison/Fire Koffing line, became more volatile due to Fuego Ironworks
>Ice/Fire Vanillite line, is now a hot fudge sundae
>Dragon Ekans line, lost its venom and rattle, and lives underground
>Poison/Dragon Seviper, got a more rugged and scaly body
>>
>>29442896
Those are still pretty big compared to 151 in Sinnoh's original dex. Besides, it just makes sense to have things like the Magmortar, Magnezone, Mamoswine line and all the other lines that have Gen 4 additions, even if they don't keep the entirety of the additions the Platinum dex expansion made
>>
>>29442626
Imagine even slight variations...

>Goldeen/Seaking are larger, and have evolved to have no horn as the predators just aren't there. Higher defenses and HP, pure Water-type, Simple.

>Ponyta line eat Oreburgh coal, which makes their fires glow blue and purple. It's hooves have become hardened because of this too. Fire/Steel, Stamina.

>Wurmple have had to compete with many other pokemon in the honey trees of Sinnoh. As a result, Cascoon and Silcoon now evolve into Sinnoh forms of Dustox and Beautifly. Dustox is pure Bug-type, with increased Attack and Defense. Beautifly is Bug/Psychic, with increased Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense.

>Tentacool that were introduced to the Sinnoh lakes had their psychic powers amplified by the Lake Trio, and been purified. They are now Water/Psychic.
>>
>>29442669
Here's the version without the platinum mons
>>
>>29443088
Could go with the updated platinum dex with few extra added in.
>>
>>29437529
>Sinnoh-form Sinnoh pokemon

Retard
>>
>>29443088
They will just stick to the 151 with few more added in. They to leave behind 3 third game features.
>>
>>29443436
>They to leave behind 3 third game features
That's not a pattern, anon. Yellow was never really a traditional third version, but FireRed and LeafGreen took some tweaks from Japanese Blue version, which was the original "third version". HeartGold and SoulSilver contained elements of Crystal, like the Suicune quest, but excluded others. OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire excluded Emerald features but still made reference to them, as in the Delta Episode and Battle Resort.

It's done on a case-by-case basis. If they see fit to include the Platinum Pokedex, they will, especially as it isn't much effort on their behalf. Things like the Distortion World, Platinum's Battle Frontier and so on are far less likely.
>>
>>29443589
>Japanese Blue version, which was the original "third version".
How was it any different except for the sprites?
>>
>>29443589
Yellow was the third version in thebsense it came to stores. Blue was mail only, then released after to retail when yellow came first to retail.

Even if they include things, it will be story mode or dex descriptions.
>>
>>29443589
The cave and dex was from the japense red and green. So no. Nothing from Japnese blue carried over to fire red but leafgreen dex.

The cave in both was based on red and green cave, not the updated one found in Japanese blue.

Japanese blue had altered graphics and sprites and new tiles. But new wild pokemon placement
And different list to have to trade from never carried over.
>>
>>29442212
Actually it says it right on the Sun/Moon website, making your point entirely invalid.
>>
>>29442251
Sinnoh is connected geographically to the Kanto and Johto regions, we know this for a fact because of the Sinjoh ruins.
>>
>>29443629
>>29443724
>>29443933
I guess I was mistaken about Cerulean Cave. Regardless, HG/SS did have features from their respective third game, so outright excluding every Platinum feature, even the easy to implement ones like the dex, seems a bit pessimistic. There isn't a hard and fast rule on what goes into these remakes: FR/LG was a by-the-books straight remake, HG/SS had Crystal content alongside many new additions and a Battle Frontier, and OR/AS had all sorts of cuts, tweaks, character redesigns, retcons and additions.
>>
>>29444142
They will follow with oras style considering 3d models and it's the highest selling remake so far.

They could expand the 151 to say 160 for example but not by much.
>>
>>29442423
isn't Ludicolo's evo line in sinnoh?
>>
>>29444260
>They will follow with oras style considering 3d models and it's the highest selling remake so far
There is absolutely no relation. They don't have to stick to a small Pokedex because they want to use 3D models, what the fuck kind of logic is that? Game Freak is run by people, not robots. They can use common sense and artistic license to decide what features they think worked best from ORAS and what features were criticized. Just because ORAS sold well, doesn't mean they're going to blindly include every feature from it and completely copy its style for better or worse
>>
>>29444529
Um. It won't be a 2d sprite game is what im saying. So all you do is slap graphcs, add new forms or megas. Sales bam.

Small dex means nothing.

Robots are more logical than humans.
>>
File: itsnothing.jpg (5KB, 100x99px) Image search: [Google]
itsnothing.jpg
5KB, 100x99px
>>29437511
>electric type magmortar
>fire type electivire
>>
>>29444654
It takes way more time to implement something like Soaring than to do something so simple as to expand the dex by 50 entries and change a few gym rosters. It's literally a few tweaked variables. The decision to not include anything beyond the Johto or Hoenn evolution families in HGSS and ORAS was a conscious choice by Game Freak, not something they did lazily. The possibility of them taking some cues from the Platinum Pokedex is not the same thing, especially since they only changed it in the first place to fix Sinnoh's dex, which was actually fundamentally unbalanced.
>>
>>29444785
Ehh they will leave it be. Don't worry mega arceus will boost sales.
>>
>>29440277
Best idea for Sinnoh forms yet
>>
>>29438574
Sinnoh is a peninsula connected to the mainland by a small land bridge. Perhaps in the mega timeline this bridge does not exist. Washed away by primal manaphy or something, idc. Boom, sinnoh forms.
>>
>>29445628
>Sinnoh is a peninsula connected to the mainland by a small land bridge
Source?
>>
>>29437529
Make Bastion pure Steel.
>>
>>29445628
Does this timeline also place Sinnoh in the middle of the ocean? Otherwise its still not a microclimate.
>>
>>29438425
Most of these are awesome.
Some would even work as split evos or Megas.
>>
>>29445972
You keep on using that word microclimate but when I google it, one of the first things that come up about it is
>Microclimates exist, for example, near bodies of water which may cool the local atmosphere, or in heavy urban areas where brick, concrete, and asphalt absorb the sun's energy, heat up, and re-radiate that heat to the ambient air
>Microclimates can be found in most places
You can have a "microclimate" in Sinnoh. Oh, and also:

http://www.outdoorjapan.com/travel/place_details/17
>"The microclimate that reigns over the island of Hokkaido, which has less rainfall and is cooler than the rest of Japan, ensures optimal snow cover for"
I think you're using the word wrong.
>>
>>29440356
Don't just repeat stuff you read here if you don't understand what they mean.
>>
>>29446498
There are different types of microclimate, anon. We're talking about speciation here.
>>
>>29442863
Fair enough. It's not really an isolated island though.
>>
>>29444488
Only when you have Sapphire inserted in the gba slot. But you're right, those should probably be counted as part of the pokedex too.
>>
>>29446596
Well then I don't understand. But I would assume there is some major difference in "speciation" between Hokkaido, New York and France for instance.
>>
>>29446988
Compared to an isolated island system like Hawaii, none whatsoever.
>>
Rock/Normal Ponyta :^)
>>
Sinnoh Mimikyu that take the form of Lucario. Assuming that regular Mimikyu is more physical with that claw, Sinnoh Mimikyu are Special and very defensive. It keeps Disguise. Ghost/Dark. Found on Iron Island.
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.