[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else pissed that they won't get to use their old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: plus sign.png (107KB, 266x202px) Image search: [Google]
plus sign.png
107KB, 266x202px
Is anyone else pissed that they won't get to use their old bros in online battles?
>>
>>29436822
You can, just not rating battles or competitions.
>>
>>29436822
>what is Free Battle
I know that most players there use Legendaries, but there are also people that has good teams.
>>
>>29436822
You actually can, but not in Rated or in official tournaments like VGC.
>>
>>29436822
What do you mean? Did I miss out on news???
>>
>>29437004
This what the fuck happened
>>
>>29437004
>>29437031
Gen VII has a Black Cross like Gen VI's Blue Pentagon.
>>
They announced how they are making it where Rating Battles on Battle Spot, which include a VGC option, only allow for Cross-marked Pokemon aka 7th Gen and above. Which I think is stupid when that's forcing a lot of rebreeding recatching etc. Like for VGC I get it whatever but Battle spot in general?

And if you also didn't heard the official tournies for the Video Games have now where Megas are banned.
>>
>>29436822
If you played VGC in Gen 5, when you had to breed 90% of your Pokémon on Gen 3 or 4 to get the right tutors, Purification Moves or events, you would be glad it's generation locked now.

Plus Game Freak probably believe they'll stop hacking for good this time.
>>
>>29437097
This. Not being forced to look back on random events and shit just to get the right build was a blessing.
>>
>>29437072
I'm hoping Smogon follow suit on the mega ban, it's clearly being pushed out as just Gen 6's thing, and I doubt they're ever making more megas.
>>
>>29437097
But you can still move old pokemon with old egg moves and balls into 7th gen and breed there right?
>>
>>29437072
The pentagon thing was also a Gen 6 thing on Rated on Battle Spot, it's nothing new. But yeah it does kinda suck, even do I have no interest in VGC.
>>
>>29437152
Yeah ? Same with Gen 6. If you know how the sistem worked in Gen 6, then it's most lilely the same in SM to.
>>
>>29437072
>Megas are banned
Has GF stated WHY they're banned? I personally find it kind of funny, but I'm interested in their logic. It's almost as if they know deep down that Megas were a retarded idea.

>>29437152
>you can still move old pokemon with old egg moves and balls into 7th gen and breed there right?
Yea, but the PokeBank update to import old Pokemon isn't be released until April or something.
>>
>>29436822
>VGC rules
If you you to play it that bad, just wait for the next season of it
>>
>>29437152
Yeah, as soon as Pokémon Bank is released two months after VGC switches to be on Sun & Moon
>>
>>29437184
Janaury.

Plus megas are cheap.
>>
Whole ban-x is silly to me. Let's take staple moves and pokemon across the game and/or generations..
..and make them unusuable.

Why even play them then and bother catching all the various kinds? I'll stick to the options that let anything go. More fun that way.
>>
>>29437184
The main reason is GF considers Megas as new mons as in "new pokemon introduced in Gen 6" which is why they're banned, this has been the rule for VGC in the more recent tournaments, when a new gen is introduced, in the first VGC year only mons from the regional dex are allowed. Next year they will allow everyone to come in, including Megas and Primals.
>>
>>29437203
>Plus megas are cheap.
So are a lot of other Pokemon and abilities,but that's never stopped them from straight up banning them (aside from Legendaries).
>>
>>29437238
They allowed to be but megas are not.

Besides megas are not the theme of this year.
>>
Serious question, not trying to put anybody down:

Of the people surprised that Megas are banned in Gen 7, did any of you play competitively in Gen 5 or earlier?

Given the way the plot in XY treats mega evolution, it never seemed like it was meant to be a massive thing for every other region and every other game, it's just the theme of the generation, like how TCG had Delta Species and Ace Specs, which disappeared after a few years.
>>
>>29437356
Megas existed to sell games and fill up model spaces.

They're also not common in the main timeline.
>>
File: IMG-20161014-WA0012.jpg (36KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161014-WA0012.jpg
36KB, 540x472px
So you cant freely trade pokemon from gen 6 to gen 7 even thought its the same console and there wouldnt be any connectivity issues and there being literately no reason for it to work? Like what?

Picture of GF CEO
>>
mfw they've effectively banned the regular counterparts of Pokemon with Alola Formes

rip Drought Ninetails
>>
>>29437378
Have you read any of the other posts in the thread? It's already confirmed that you just have to wait for a Pokebank patch that's coming in January.
>>
File: omTLI8n[1].png (368KB, 856x569px) Image search: [Google]
omTLI8n[1].png
368KB, 856x569px
>>29437378
Pokémon Bank is developed by one person, and it's that old guy in your office whose typing involves looking down at the keyboard, pressing a key, removing his hands from the keyboard, looking up to the screen to make sure he pressed the right button, putting his hands back on the keyboard, and looking down, between each character.
>>
>>29437154
>The pentagon thing was also a Gen 6 thing on Rated on Battle Spot,

No it wasn't. I remember specifically using my HGSS transferred Gyarados on rated.
>>
>>29437548
That's correct, Battle Spot only requires pentagon in ORAS.
VGC14 testing on WiFi was a pain because of all the Landorus and Cresselia.
>>
>>29437168
>>29437184
>>29437192

Okay thanks for explaining.
>>
This alwarys happens for a while when a new gen comes out. They'll make it open to all later.
>>
>>29437648
Yea, I kind of like that they do this as well. The only problem last gen was the fact that Pokebank kept getting delayed, then when it WAS released, it crashed within a day or two and got pushed back AGAIN. People who managed to get their old Pokemon through Pokebank within that short time frame jewed out the older Pokemon on trade threads.

It was still fun watching the metagame start off simple before Pokebank, then fucking explode once Pokebank was FINALLY usable.
>>
>>29437648
No? XY never banned penta Pokemon and then ORAS did. They banned pentagon Pokemon LATER in the gen, not earlier.

What they should do is just ban move/ability combinations that are illegal on Sun/Moon bred Pokemon rather than literally requiring Pokemon to be bred in Sun/Moon. It's precisely this kind of bullshit that encourages hacking and just punishes legitimate players more since hackers can re-hack everything in an instant while legit players need to re-breed and grind their Pokemon all over again.
>>
>>29437072
The site says rating battles except for VGC will allow transferred Pokemon initially
>>
>>29437212
For the first few months everybody is in the same new field, even newbies can do well with just their single copy of the game. Then they open everything up and veterans can incorporate old strategies into their teams
>>
File: chikorita.jpg (102KB, 1281x1676px) Image search: [Google]
chikorita.jpg
102KB, 1281x1676px
>>29437072
This is so that newcomers can be more or less on equal grounds with more experienced players.
I have never played competitively before and might start this gen because of these changes.
>>
>>29437238
Megas being cheap has nothing to do with it. This is why: >>29437234
>>
>>29437072
probably because of the whole gen 1 trading to gen 7 thing, it would make sense maybe thats how they plan to balance it?
>>
Ah damn, I wasn't aware of this, I was just getting into breeding in OR too in preparation for SM. I can still transfer them to use as breeding fodder when the time comes though right? Two gen 6 pokemon transferred to gen 7 will breed a pokemon with the cross presumably?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.