[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok, let's get some perspective >brock: level 12 geodude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

File: Gumshoos.png (609KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Gumshoos.png
609KB, 1280x1280px
ok, let's get some perspective
>brock: level 12 geodude level 14 onix (3rd city)
>falkner: level 9 pidgey level 13 pidgeotto (3rd city)
>roxanne: 2x level 12 geodude 1x level 15 nosepass (oran berry) (4th city)
>roark: level 12 geodue (with 2 moves) level 12 onix (3 moves) level 14 cranidos (3 moves) (4th city)
>striaton: 1x level 12 lillipup (2 moves) 1x level 14 elemental monkey (3rd city)
>cheren: level 11 patrat (3 moves) level 13 lillipup (3 moves) (essentially second city I think?)
>cheren: (hard mode) level 12 patrat level 12 pidove level 14 lillipup (oran berry)
>viola: level 10 surskit (3 moves) level 12 vivillon (3 moves) (third city)
And then...
>first trial: 1v2 against level 10 yungoos level 12 gumshoos (with boosted defense) (2nd... route)
Thoughts?
>>
>>29431401
Gym leaders have different teams for how many badges you have. It makes sense that the trial is tailored for your level too
>>
File: rockhard.jpg (31KB, 320x282px) Image search: [Google]
rockhard.jpg
31KB, 320x282px
>>29431401
roark's cranidos was pretty hard
>>
The gumshoos is presumably not supposed to evolve at 12 so I think the stat boost should also be taken into account

I think it's at least equal to all of them, harder than most (except Hard mode Cheren and Roxanne with torchic) though they do give you brick break and fighting types right outside like most gyms

With exp off and not abusing fighting types could be an actual challenge and the hardest first boss yet
>>
>>29431401
Okay, let's get some perspective.

>6 gyms + an elite four that usually gets a lot stronger the second time you vs them

>a few shitty trials with hand holding fetch quests, a lackluster boss pokemon and a shitty kahuna or whatever with a shit team.

Sun and Moon is going to suck. Get over it.
>>
>>29431774
8 gyms***
>>
>>29431774
>6 gyms
>>
>>29431612
People like >>29431774 are going to transfer over ash-greninja and bitch about how easy it is though
>>
>>29431824
Nah, I didn't even download the demo. The damage control for this game is hilarious though, go ahead and keep defending it, you're only going to be more disappointed.
>>
>>29431824
then theyre retarded then if they actually do that and complain.
>>
Should add the totem challenge as part of it. No leaving, and you can't skip the 3 battles before like in the gyms. Also strongjaw/ stab bite being at 90bp plus however much the tackle right afterward does at this point of the game. Totem raticate is probably easier due to typing.
>>
I have a feeling the first trial is going to be moderately difficult (unless you cheese it with a Crabrawler, Makuhita, or the Brick Break TM given to you literally right before) and that every other trial is going to be easy as piss unless the totem starts summoning more Pokemon or is grossly overleveled.
>>
>>29431869
>three
It's four, you fight team skull.
>>
>>29431851
>The damage control for this game is hilarious
>Nah, I didn't even download the demo

I want /v/ to leave
>>
>>29431918
>a 15 minute demo where you can't lose and it holds your hand gives you a good indication of what the entire game is like.

If you think this then prepare to be disappointed, if you don't think this and are going off the solid facts of the datamine info, you are going to still be disappointed. This is going to be the worst pokemon game. The tears a day or two after release are going to be delicious.
>>
>>29431907
Forgot about that part.
>>
>>29431401
2nd Route, but it still takes a long time to get to him, since there's multiple "days" of cutscenes.
>>
>>29431964
If I think what? I never said it was an indication of anything this is a thread talking about the actual first totem

The point I was making is you feel the need to barge into a thread and whine that the game none of us has played is objectively shit and everyone who disagrees is on damage control. If you care that much at least play the demo first.

And the datamine has told us nothing outside of the dex, we know nothing new about the trials from it except what some of the totems might be

Take a break from angrily flailing at your keyboard to at least do some research
>>
>>29431774
>>29431851
>people will reply to these

>>29432035
You are getting played.
>>
>>29432046
I hope so but I think you have too much faith in the people here

We've been getting threads about how bad the gen 7 meta is for fucks sake
>>
>>29431774
when was a pokemon game ever hard?
>>
>>29432035
>being this deep in denial. I genuinely feel sorry for you. The info is out, it was datamined, the dex, the map everything. The game is not going to be good.
>>
>>29431964
I'm gonna like it regardless because "muh difficulty" fags can kill themselves. I honestly don't care about the hand holding etc.. maybe you should be playing something else.
>>
>>29432128
>The game is not going to be good.
>I don't like it so others have to not like it
>>
>>29432085
One time I tried to play through Black with a Raticate, Furret, Linoone, Bibarel, Farfetch and something else that I can't remember, but it was shit.

It was pretty fucking hard and I gave up after the 3rd gym because I got sad from watching Furret faint so much
>>
>>29432128
At least learn how to greentext

But please, enlighten us on this secret info you have that no one else does

And if you're referring to the map from the datamine its missing the aether foundation paradise and the new pc island, is that your smoking gun?
>>
>>29432170
Jesus christ. I can't believe people are still defending this game. It's going to have next to no content after the main story, the dex is average, no gyms, no elite 4. The P.C island is going to be filler that lacks any kind of depth and the aesther foundation will be a barren wasteland after the main story is over.
>>
>>29432204
Jesus Christ. I can't believe you're still complaining about a game that you haven't even played.
>>
>>29432204
Anon thats not what I asked for

You said
>The info is out, it was datamined, the dex, the map everything

I want all this info you have, you said it yourself we know everything

Because it seems that you're just making shit up right now, so please prove me wrong without mentioning denial or assumptions
>>
>>29432271
Are you retarded? Where you not here for the leak? Or are you just so deluded that you can't discern the implications of what has been leaked? Are you so hopeful you're just refusing to draw the logical inferences the leaks make?

The dex is shit, it's been leaked, look it up.

The over heads of the island have been leaked as they were contained in the rotom dex. They are shit.

The game is going to be crap, but please, continue to get your hopes up, I really don't care.
>>
Sheer number does not dictate difficulty alone. The Pokémon used and the moves they know are more important.
>>
>>29432343
So you've just admitted you're full of shit since you can't give me anything but the dex (which I said we had) and the map (which I showed was already missing shit)

But of course when you said we know everything what you meant were "logical inferences", only an idiot couldn't see that mediocre dex = worst pokemon game ever confirmed

Thankfully we have you here to champion logic and levelheadedness, you back pedalling mongoloid
>>
>>29432417
>autism and damage control intensifies.
Have fun playing through this abomination of a game on release day.
>>
>>29432417
>still responding
>>
>>29432523
How can anyone have fun if the game is shit
>>
>>29432417
>he thinks the couple of things missing from the map are going to be packed with post game content that redeems this piece of shit game.

Wew lad.
>>
>>29431401
Gen VII has potential to be a little on the more challenging side as far as first 'gyms' go.

I recall Roark and the Striaton trio giving me more trouble than most first gyms did, though of course in the case for the latter I didn't pick up the gift elemental monkey until after I beat the gym.

Brock and Falkner both gave the least trouble - even in Gen I where Charmander players were supposedly screwed over ember still deals significant amounts of damage to both Geodude and Onix and Rock Throw's accuracy was abysmal.
>>
Misty was hard as fuck for a second gym srs
>>
>>29432892
I've never had problems with her, but then again I never used charmander

Only ever had problems with Whitney and thats because I was a little kid at the time who refused to use anything but my quilava
>>
>>29432691
That Gumshoos actually worries me a bit. I still remember that fucking Watchog that can smash through you even without Hypnosis.
>>
>>29432892

She really isn't that hard in Gen 3 at all. As long as you avoid an unlucky confusion she's cake.

Even in Gen 1 she wasn't that tough- any type of status using mon that could cripple Starmie before going down was an easy win.

People will dismiss them because most of them are super-effective, so of course they make her easy(Bellsprout, Oddish, Pikachu), but even a Level 18 Butterfree Stun Sporing Starmie makes her easy.

For Misty to be hard, you need to lack both status/sand-attackers/resistant/super-effective mons, and all of these are offered before.

Misty is only tough if you go full offense.
>>
>>29431401
Don't forget about gym trainers.
>>
>>29433229
Can't you walk around all of the first gym trainers?
>>
>>29433188
>Misty is only tough if you go full offense.

This is why this is my favorite gym battle. It's one of the few in RBY that requires actual strategy (or at least a leveled team) if you didn't start with Bulbasaur. If you go in and just attack, you'll lose, just as you said. I think this was the point - the designers are trying to tell you that status/non-attacking moves are important moves. I think this is some good game design and if the AI and movesets of the rest of the gym leaders/rival fights/elite four weren't so awful, I think a lot of people would see the fight with Misty as fairly memorable.
>>
>>29433332
Eh, I just used Wartortle and Mega Punched it to death.
>>
>>29433364

Wartortle loses to Starmie with Mega Punch at even levels, and being on even level means you are overleveled.

Also, Mega Punch has a 15 percent chance of missing, while Starmie has 20+% chance of critical.

You can only beat her this way by potion spam.
>>
>>29433408
I was probably overleveled, but I was young. I basically didn't use anything but my starter and a Nidoran.
>>
>>29431612
>Roxanne with torchic
Evolving torchic before you battle her is easy
>>
>>29434131
>grinding in pokemon games
>>
>>29431964
>there really are people like these
/v/ is just behind the corner.
>>
>literally go to the right spot and press A/R to win
How can anyone defend this?
>>
>>29433266
will never understand people who skip trainers.
>>
>>29434215
Hard mode is avoid all optional trainers and run from all wild battles.
>>
>>29434215
I do it sometimes, only if I'm borderline overlevelled.
>>
>>29434215
I don't personally skip trainers, but the battles in the trial are mandatory.
>>
>>29434141
If by grinding you mean beating the trainers on your way to her gym then sure
>>
>>29434215
Not skipping them whenever possible makes the games even worse. I do full repel runs and skip all spinners etc. and the games are still so piss easy it makes me want to cry.
>>
>>29434365
Maybe don't play children's games then
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.