[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... what's with all the hate for Sun and Moon already?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 12

File: Baile Birb.png (167KB, 551x542px) Image search: [Google]
Baile Birb.png
167KB, 551x542px
So... what's with all the hate for Sun and Moon already? I thought the game was supposed to come out first, and THEN we hate it after a while.

I thought people were actually excited about the game, but now there's a surprisingly large amount of dislike towards it just because all of what we've seen isn't what we expect. Why?

How did everything just do a complete 180?

>inb4 /vp/ is one person
>>
Blame the dataminers.

That is all.
>>
>>29428129
>there's a surprisingly large amount of dislike towards it just because all of what we've seen isn't what we expect. Why?
You answered your own question. Plus autists will argue and shit on anything
>>
>>29428144
>Blame the dataminers.
Blame GameFreak for shitting out rushed empty games three times in a row.
>>
>>29428129
It's literally just 10% of the board that's horribly mad about the 'small' dex.
>>
>>29428270
This.
>>
>>29428270
All we know is the fucking pokedex.
How do you know that?
>>
File: Non Ironical Gold Star.jpg (59KB, 1600x1523px) Image search: [Google]
Non Ironical Gold Star.jpg
59KB, 1600x1523px
>>29428181
>Plus autists will argue and shit on anything
We have the dex and the number of moves.
No more, yet the game whose trailers cautivated with mistery and an intriguing story are now irredeemably shit.
>>
>Pokedex is revealed
>It's not exactly what's expected
>Entitled menenist manbabies of /vp/ do what they do best: Whine like a bunch of pissbabies
Ugh, I REALLY don't know why I keep coming back here???
>>
>>29428345
free yourself from this dogshit website
>>
File: IMG_1978.png (213KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.png
213KB, 600x900px
Blame the whiny, entitled brats who think every gen should have 150 new Pokémon. Having the comfiest region and an actual story for once aren't enough because
>b-but the Alola forms and UB's don't count as new mons only 73 new Pokémon REEE-
Actually the UB's have been confirmed catchable. And as far as Alola forms go, I suppose you feel like a Pokémon with completely new stats, typing, and design inspiration took no resources to develop because
>b-but muh reskins... only gen 1 REEEeee...
These are the autistic faggots you refer to. S/M is looking smooth and clean like gasoline, new designs are overall pretty good and is moving the series in a good direction after X/Y somewhat fumbled the transition to 3D, and this amazing fantasy world that we love to explore has never looked better.
>>
>>29428338
>>29428421
>Expecting a good story to come out from a pokemon game
It's like you want the games to dissapoint you
>>
>>29428270

The problem here is that GF could have tamper with the content and scrubbed out some of them. Everyone who was quick to judge and hate based on the demo alone is retarded.
>>
>>29428458
The thing is, because gen 5 set the story standard so high, people weren't expecting Kalos' story to be so low.

I guess people are now thinking that way about gen 7, but with low expectations instead...
>>
>>29428345
>ugh
>menenist
>manbabies

Stop. I don't care if you're joking, just please stop.
>>
>>29428458
>Whines, probably for years, about the story being shitty and stale
>GF changes up the formula drastically, fully emphasizes story.
>Still expects story to be shitty and stale
You are the only disappointment here.
>>
>>29428129
The "hate" will vanish once the games drop. To scale 3D waifu models, arguable best OST to date, good graphics. best evil team ever. People are just anxious, is all. The release date is right around the corner after all, and people need stuff to talk about until then - even if it's just shitposts
>>
>>29428421
They literally only gave pokemon wig, eyebrows and bigger heads. And you are defending it.

Also
>S/M is looking smooth and clean like gasoline
Not with those awful camera angles and frame rate drops EVEN on the n3ds

>>29428491
>because gen 5 set the story standard so high
what
I mean BW's story was ok I guess but BW2's plot was just awful

>>29428550
>GF changes up the formula drastically, fully emphasizes story
[citation needed]
>>
>>29428561
I sure hope so, anon.

But then the hate will come back again a year later
>>
>>29428561

>to scale 3D waifu models

I just hope for a nude patch. We should have a lot of talented anons for that.
>>
>>29428516
Triggered?
>>
>>29428129
I don't know, I'm still incredibly hyped. We know next to nothing about the actual story. We still don't know typings for the datamined Pokemon. We don't know the base stats for almost any of the Pokemon.
I really don't understand the hate. If it's because of the small PokeDex, I can't really see it because I like nearly all of the new designs. Seems like I'm in the minority for being okay with a small PokeDex though.
>>
File: 1383255729052.png (193KB, 303x278px) Image search: [Google]
1383255729052.png
193KB, 303x278px
people realized there wouldn't be 130+ Pokemon and 18 trials.
>>
>>29428736
I really do agree with you an that, anon
>>
>>29428736
Amen, brother. Alas, we are pilgrims in an unholy land.
>>
>>29428129
We know a lot of content from the datamine. We know there are only 73/81 new Pokémon (depending on whether Ultra Beasts are capturable; they have shiny forms so they might be, but Pokéstar Studios props also had shiny forms), with a lot of shitty one-stage gimmickmons that everyone expected evolutions for like Komala, there are only a handful of Alolan formes, and there are more Kanto Pokémon in the Dex than new Alola Pokémon. Also I haven't seen a source for this but apparently the number of trials in the game is going to be low from what I've seen in threads on /vp/, but it might just be shitposting and speculation there.

There are also things we've known about from trailers and gameplay footage like them telling you exactly what move effectiveness is against a Pokémon after you've fought it exactly once and some trainers having low Pokémon counts like Guzma only having two Pokémon at a time at a midpoint of the game (since his Pokémon is at Level 30), and one being an Ariados, as well as things we've learned from people playing early copies, like Gamexplain revealing the Gen 6 Exp. Share is still here exactly like it was in Gen 6, and we know the framerate is going to be fucking TRASH in some sections like totem battles, and a lot of people are disappointed with the quality of the UI.

We don't know everything about the game, of course. There might be a difficulty selection, and even if there isn't there might be some good trainer battles that just haven't been showcased. We might have good postgame, maybe even the Frontier since ORAS promised it would come "soon" if it wasn't just a prank bro. People are disappointed at what has been revealed or leaked, however, and at what we could reasonably assume from what we've seen in trailers.

At minimum, everyone still thinks it will be better than Gen 6 except a few dedicated Gen 6 apologists who for some reason have gotten turned off by Gen 7 despite it taking Gen 6's best gimmicks (sans Dexnav). Cucks.
>>
>>29428129
Honestly the pokedex is disappointing. As long as it's a good game that can be overlooked. Going by the pokedex alone it's easy to see why people are hating on the game.
>>
U get a mount that replaces rock smash so this gen's a winner in my book.
>>
>>29428596
>>29428596

just fucking kill yourself you fucking cunt, if you hate the game why are you here arguing nonsensical fucking points.
>>
>>29428865
Ultra Beasts confirmed catchable. First Pokeball introduced in many years discovered in datamine, most likely designed to be effective at putting the new extradimensional monsters in your pocket.
>>
>>29428315
Yeah, the literal selling point of the game
>>
>>29428865
UB were confirmed capturable.
>>
>>29428893
>>29428893

they wanted shit datamined so this is what you and the rest of the babbies fucking get now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>29428865
>Pokéstar Studios props also had shiny forms
They didn't. They had black rectangles (probably required by the game's coding) as opposed to here where the shiny forms are legitimate. There's also the fact that they're in the datamined national dex.

>number of trials in the game is going to be low from what I've seen in threads on /vp/
There's 7.
>>
>>29428933
>>29428924
Capturable != Pokemon
>>
>>29428865
>There might be a difficulty selection, and even if there isn't there might be some good trainer battles that just haven't been showcased

We know this won't be the case. In almost every interview about SM, Masuda/Ohmori have said that they didn't increase the difficulty so newcommers won't have a hard time getting into the game.
>>
>>29428865
This. I just hate that you're just assumed trolling for having legitimate concerns for the games too

gen 5 exp system is back does that make you feel better?
>>
I, for one, am incredibly excited about these games. What you are seeing are a vocal minority of entitled shitters.
>>
>>29428965
And? Did you read the original post I replied to?
>>
>>29428919
>if you hate the game why are you here arguing nonsensical fucking points
>You can only argue about things you like

wew
>>
>>29428973
That's... a pretty lame excuse for a lack of a difficulty setting, but whatever
>>
>worst starter evolutions thus far
>72 new pokemon
>all those bipedal final stages
>no koala evolution
>no pyukumuku evolution
>no tortanator pre-evolution
>no drampa pre-evolution
>no visible new ice types
>no fossils
>my mom's toucan
>4 bird clones
>4 tiki clones
>worst pika clone mascot so far
>ugly anchor, second pika clone, and sand castle for our new ghosts
>no visible new ice types
>bewear - the worst design offender, gets an It Just Gets Bigger prevo
>lurantis, tsareena, and poppamaid in the same small pool of pokemon
>18 alolan forms - 600+ Pokemon to make alternate designs for
>gym leaders removed for fetch quest trials and a big kahuna with a single pokemon or something

At what point did you cancel your preorder?

At what point did you know to start ignoring the shills on /vp/?
>>
>>29428924
>>29428933
Neat. I'll keep that in mind from this point on.

>>29428944
Do you think people wouldn't complain about the Dex even more when the game came out if there wasn't a datamine? If anything, knowing ahead of time will get people to lower their expectations and have a better time as a result, making things more positive than they would otherwise be.

>>29428951
>7

So, almost two per island? Even if the kahuna battles are separate from trials that is disappointing, I was expecting 3-4, since some of these trials are going to be tiny things like taking pictures of a few Pokémon.

>>29428986
The Gen 5 Exp. system does fill me with a little more hope, yes.
>>
>>29429024
*3-4 per island
>>
>>29429019
I just placed my preorder, thanks anon!
>>
>>29429019
hey wait a second

that greentext seems familiar...
>>
>>29429019
It's fucktards like you who ruin any critisim of game because you're just a shitposter if you aren't excited
>>
>>29429019
>subjective as fuck
>objective, but not including UBs
>good point
>good point
>did anyone expect one?
>unnecessary
>unnecessary
>good point
>unnecessary
>subjective
>Oricorio has a really cool theme
>Tapus also have a really cool theme
>Did you forget Minun and Plusle? Or Emolga?
>Somewhat subjective (in implying that they're bad), objective in saying they exist
>did you mention ice-types twice?
>Subjective, though I agree Bewear is kind of lame
>While I don't like the amount of feminine Pokemon being introduced, it's also not really a problem at all as there are a lot of masculine or neutral Pokemon being introduced as well
>Agreed, that's pretty shitty
>You left out totems. Kahunas have more than one Pokemon (though at least the first two only seem to have three, which is disappointing), and possibly (speculated) having the Tapu of the island as well.
>>
>>29429024
Not even the first trial goes according to plan and every single one has a totem.
>>
>>29428129
Luchalitten was confirmed. All our other fears came true as well.
>>
>>29429155
>it's just denialfags shitting on the game
Jesus christ
>>
>>29429125
We know about 9 trial captains correct?
>>
>>29429155
>our
Man, I didn't know I actually don't want Luchalitten.
>>
>>29429155
I don't mind Luchalitten being confirmed just because it meant Ballio was deconfirmed. I don't like Luchalitten that much but anything is better than Ballio.
>>
File: 014.jpg (317KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
317KB, 1280x720px
If the game is good, then the people who thought it was going to be good feel good.
If the game is bad, then the people who thought the game was going to be bad feel satisfied and justified
If the game is good, then the people who thought the game was going to be bad get a pleasant surprise.
If the game is bad, then the people who thought the game was going to be good fucking kill themselves from disappointment.

Anyone who knows how to gamble knows that it's far safer to focus and believe the game is going to be bad, while you have a 50/50 chance of wanting to bite a bullet if you believe the game is going to be good.
>>
>>29428865
>Sans Dexnav

And PSS, which were by far the two best things about Gen VI.
>>
>>29429164
Sorry, leakfag here. Hated Luchalitten since day one, but I knew that that design concept felt too real.
>>
>>29429181
>Ilima
>Mallow
>Lana
>Kiawe
>Sophocles
>Ghost girl
>>
>>29428345
>>29428421
>blame people for having different opinions than me
>entitled
Not to mention the muh stuttering shit

It's cool to be hyped but you arent special. I'm also hyped. It's fine if people arent.

>>29428919
badass
>>
>>29429221
Don't forget

Rock Whore

Mudscale girl

And

Bird guy
>>
>>29429205
Good, because I think the game is going to be.
>>
>>29429221
>>29429257
That only leaves 2 unrevealed Captains/Kahunas if the 7 trials is to be believed. That's... Disappointing.
>>
>>29429214
I didn't care that much for PSS, it wasn't bad at all but it didn't stand out for a bottom screen the way the Pokétch did. It was a lot better than the Rotomdex telling you exactly where to go at all times, though. All Rotomdex needs to be pure shit is to sometimes interrupt your gameplay with a textbox coming up on the top screen telling you that you aren't doing what you're supposed to like fucking Navi.
>>
>>29429279
>7 trials
>9 trial captains

What?
>>
>>29429257
Rock whore is a Kahuna.
Mudsdale girl and Bird guy are unknown, but at least one of them is a Kahuna.
And there's Kahili, whoever she is.

>>29429279
7 trials was confirmed in that livestream.
>>
>>29428973
I've played through some hard mode hacks like rutile ruby, while I can't speak for others personally I found hard mode pokemon to be somewhat obnoxious, ev training and exp farming your team, as well as swapping members every time you need to beat a gym got old after the first couple times, add on the fact that you run out of trainers and only have one route to viably farm and the game becomes more of a chore than a game. The first time through a new region should allow the freedom to do what you want without having to stress about whether your training the right pokemon. Farming in pokemon has never been fun and it shouldn't be necessary, most players want to explore the regions secrets and go through the story rather than be stuck on one gym all day, and if you played a hard mode hack you know I'm not lying when I say all day, that shit is frustrating.
>>
>>29429300
Fuck, thought I saw Hala in there. The rock girl they mentioned is definitely a Kahuna though, which would mean only 1 more person to be revealed. 4 kahunas, 7 trial captains.
>>
>>29428270
Everyone out. Thread is done.
>>
>>29429343
Kahili?
>>
>>29429351
no one's going anywhere
>>
>>29429205
No, its
>If the game is good, then the people who thought the game was going to be bad can't enjoy the game because they overlook the good parts and only see the flaws trying to justify themselves.
So
>You bet its good: 50% chance of having a good game (2), 50% chance of being devastated (-2) EV: 0
>You bet its bad: 50% of a good game you don't actually really enjoy (0), 50% chance of 'being right' and getting to shitpost but you still have a shit game (-1) EV: -.5
First option is better
The only option with a positive EV is to go into the game completely blind and expecting nothing.
>>
>>29429343
Do you think there will be an E4, or will they just making stopping Team Aether the final battle like BW and cut out having a set of elite trainers?

>Captcha: HE DIED
scared.jpg
>>
>>29428944
I never wanted anything datamined. I'm still buying the game. There are enough pokemon I like even if the rest are not my favorite. I just hope the game is good.
>>
>>29429367
Maybe? I think I somehow missed the name Kahili being revealed.
>>29429396
I think the Kahunas may come together with stronger Pokemon after you beat the team and act as some kind of Elite Four. The site mentions an Island Champion (saying you'd gain the title), so perhaps there is one already that you'd have to battle afterwards?
>>
I think the games will be subpar and I think GF has gone completely insane, especially with the shit they keep spouting about Pokemon having to compete with free phone apps, about veteran fans being satisfied as long as they see gen 1 Pokemon with new gimmicky forms, and the difficulty made for babies being impossible to change because apparently they have never heard of difficulty settings in video games.
They will NEVER go back to the level of quality, content and polish seen in HGSS and BW2.

But I still want to play these games because I can't get off the wild ride, it never ends, don't forget you're here forever, etc.

Too bad the release date is in a really awkward spot for me right now.
>Just finished SMTIV:A, a huge game
>Want to start another RPG, maybe DQ7 or Etrian Odyssey IV
>Won't be able to finish them by the time SM is out
>No fucking idea what to play until then

I'm in limbo.
>>
>>29429441
Kahili was talked about in the demo. She's some golfing champ apparently.
>>
>>29429491
Ah, gotcha. I could see her maybe being the other Kahuna or even the Island Champion. Frankly I'm not great at speculation.
>>
>>29429450
Same. At first I was hoping it would match my fav games (also HGSS and BW2) but instead, it's looking like it will just be good enough, like Emerald for me.
>>
>>29429491
And there's a golf course on one of the islands, too.
>>
>>29429510
She was mentioned to be off, "conquering the world", so she may be some kind of champion.

>>29429521
Correct.
>>
I'm sure the CHILDREN which are the intended audience for this game will LOVE it.

In the end, that is all that matters. Nothing is more satisfying than a child's joyful smile.
>>
>>29429515
>Emerald

It's funny you mention that, because ORAS couldn't even meet the content standards of Emerald, the last Hoenn game made 10 years before it.
Keep in mind that ORAS director had his first time directing a Pokemon game, and he is also directing Sun & Moon. Guy is called Shigeru Ohmori, search his name for some of the quotes I was talking about, about smartphones and kids having no attention spans and other "we think our fanbase is retarded" shit.
>>
>>29428925
No, the selling point is catching, training, and battling Pokemon
>>
>>29429450
>But I still want to play these games because I can't get off the wild ride
Don't be like that anon. We can still save Pokemon if we organize a boycott of SuMo. It's not too late.

>>29428129
>>29428181
>>29428291
>>29428315
>>29428338
>>29428345
>>29428421
>>29428561
>>29428736
>>29428758
>>29428838
>>29428919
Your damage control could not be more obvious if you tried.

>>29429544
If this doesn't cement SuMo as the most hated Pokemon games then I don't know what will.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11507611
>>
>>29428477
>GF could have tamper with the content and scrubbed out some of them.
Stop being in denial, Anon
>>
>>29429560
>Mentions that I'm still hyped
>HURR DURR DAMAGE CONTROL
I didn't try to say the games would be fantastic, I just said I don't see why everyone hates it already.
>>
>>29429578

>all info about BST being removed
>stop being in denial

How about you stop being so pessimistic and wait for the game to come out first? We will probably get a leaked copy 2 weeks from now.
>>
>>29429543
Fuck off pedophile
>>
>>29428421
Blame the whiny, entitled brats who think every gen should have 150 new Pokémon.
Nope, blame game freak. Not our fault they set the bar too high for themselves.
>>
>>29429560
>We can still save Pokemon if we organize a boycott of SuMo. It's not too late.
You aren't going to do shit. You are part of the minority. You also don't matter at all
>>
>>29429544
>So it's less about looking at past games and seeing what went well or what went poorly, it's more just looking at each project as its own new thing and determining what we want to do and how we can accomplish it

Jesus fuck, this explains why GF keeps forgetting about perfectly good features they introduce every single gen, seemingly getting iterative amnesia and pretending things like toggle to run, following Pokemon, habitat list, vs seeker, gym rematches and MANY more never existed.
Holy shit this explains everything.
>>
>>29429544
I thought ORAS was "okay" but I did enjoy Emerald more, which indeed does not bode well.

Moon (the one I'm buying) is really the game that will decide if I'm still in the franchisd. Hated XY and was quite disappointed in ORAS. 3 games in a row would lose me.
>>
>>29429393
Wrong.

You're twisting the results to favor your opinion while ignoring facts.

If the game is undeniably good then people will enjoy it. You believe people will be contrary just for the sake of not making an ass of themselves, but the issue is that on this website there is no accountability.

Therefore on this website there's no point to pretending the game isn't good if it is because you won't be punished in any way for it.

You have to accept that the people might just not like the game or the game might not be good in this environment.

Blind fanboyism is the most cancerous counter productive mindset.
>>
>>29429544
ORAS has more content than Emerald, though. And is a much better game than HGSS (and somewhat better than FRLG).
>>
>>29429641
(You)
>>
>>29429625
Actually, its the minority of an already tiny minority. I don't think it can do anything.
>>
>>29429622
Hey, I must be an entitled brat then. If it has less than 150 new mons than it is shit. 1-2 new famillies for each type is bullshit, only 3-4 new 3-stage families is stupid. So many single stage mons is lazy and stupid.

Stop being a sheep.

Boycott Sun and Moon
>>
>>29429661
So there are only two good gens? Gen I and Gen V?
>>
>>29429629
>>29429628
>>29429622
>people are already dropping Pokemon because of SuMo
This is a telltale sign of a blunder.
>>
File: 1477356361781.png (234KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477356361781.png
234KB, 500x400px
>>29429641
>ORAS has more content than Emerald, though.

Emerald had more worthwhile content. New locations, new battle facilities, a lot better than "but you can catch 20+ Legendaries, and most of them don't have their own dungeon and you just get them to appear by talking to a hoop ring and the battle starting as a result.
>>
SuMo will be disappointing compared to BlaWhi desu, I'd rather wait for the DiaPer remakes, hopefully they'll be remakes as good as HGoSSil.
>>
>>29429205
>>29429393
>>29429637
the best way is to expect literally nothing so you can go in unbiased either way

if you go in expecting it to be good, either you'll delude yourself into thinking so or be burned hard if it isn't good

if you go in expecting it to be shit, either you'll delude yourself into thinking so or overrate it way too much if it isn't shit
>>
>>29429609
I ain't pessimistic, I just realize that the likelihood of some Pokemon being left out is very minimal at best.

If, on the very small chance, there actually are some more Pokemon that were hidden, then I'll be happy to admit I was wrong. I genuinely like this gens new Pokemon, so I'm fine either way.
>>
>>29429686
>This is a telltale sign of a blunder.
You're right. A blunder on those peoples' side of things.
>>
File: trash.jpg (42KB, 600x540px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
42KB, 600x540px
>>29428736
I agree. Anons like us who are cautiously optimistic are the silent majority right now. I expect our voices to be heard more loudly after November 18th when we can actually form educated opinions about the final games.

I've never been a fan of padded Pokedexes with needless "fluff" Pokemon. With the graphical demands of new models ballooning after the transition to 3D, it only makes sense for them to avoid reduntant additions as we get close to 1000 Pokemon needing to be coded into every future game. I liked Gen V as much as the rest of you, but >50% of that Dex was downright unnecessary or derivative of previous gens, and will forever burden the series because GF refuse to retcon shitty designs.

All other indications in the demo and marketing point to a strong entry in the franchise: less framerate issues (not perfect, but I never noticed a drop below the average of 30-20fps on my N3DS, which already blows Gen 6 out of the water), end of chibi, megas are being soft-retconned (they're coded into the games, but no new megas ensures they aren't prominent. I could easily see GF just making the mega stones unobtainable), end of the grid overworld means we finally have true 3D in Pokemon, a region comfy enough to rival Hoenn and Johto, a solid soundtrack, some good designs apart from the starters, the makings of a great evil team, BC with gen 1 through Pokemon Bank (possibly expanded to Gen 2 if they ever get released), customizable appearance, etc. It's all enough for me to want to give these games more than an honest shake before I write them off like the perpetual whiners on this board have done.

TL;DR don't be fooled by the vocal minority here who could rival tumblr feminists for their "outrage culture". Anything is an improvement after gen 6 and the signs are pointing to gen 7 being decent games.
>>
>>29429641
I think ORAS is only barely better than FRLG, and definitely not better than HGSS

>>29429686
I'm not super hyped for SM but leave me out of your shitpost please
>>
>>29428865
The fact that you don't already know Ultra Beasts are catchable just confirms the ignorance in the rest of your posts. This is your average doom and gloom Sun/moon basher, everyone.
>>
>>29429779
>and will forever burden the series because GF refuse to retcon shitty designs.
>actually wanting Pokemon to be retconned out
The image in your post really worked out for what you typed.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 438x445px
Jesus this board is so whiny and pessimistic.

No wonder the waifufags are the only ones that have fun here. They stay away from this cancer and post on their little contained threads.
>>
>>29429559
>No, the selling point is catching, training, and battling Pokemon
Are you legitimately retarded? Less pokemon means less pokemon to catch, train and battle with.
>>
>>29429897
But they aren't taking away Pokemon
>>
>>29429804
but everything else was accurate

>>29429873
waifufags are some of the worst people here, waifufag
>>
File: 1452589643897.png (265KB, 822x504px) Image search: [Google]
1452589643897.png
265KB, 822x504px
>>29429019
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>29429991
I'm glad Yokai Watch hype is dying down in Japan, I was afraid one of my favorite RPG developers (Level-5) was going to get stuck developing that crap forever.

Crisis averted.
>>
>>29429926
They aren't adding many new ones either.

I already have all currently available pokemon sitting in my bank, which means it'll take like one or two weeks at most to get every catchable new pokemon in SM and then we'll have to wait for the event only ones.
>>
>>29429897
>Less pokemon means less pokemon to catch, train and battle with.
>800 Pokemon in the franchise
>close to 300 Pokemon in the Alola regional dex
>many others can be obtained easily via trading

We have 80 new Pokemon from Gen VII, plus the Alola forms which can bring a new spin on older Pokemon. This leads us with around 99 new entries that people can toy around with.

This also doesn't count the fact that there's two different forms for Lycanroc, as well as four different forms for Oricorio

99 new entries plus a whole slew of other options that people likely never used before can lead to so many possibilities.
>>
>>29430123

Ignore them. Haters gonna hate.
>>
>>29430074
>I already have all currently available pokemon sitting in my bank
Good for you, Anon

Except that there are many people out there, especially new players or people going into Pokemon for the first time, who don't.
>>
>>29430026
I would wait to see if their future games are not shit first.
>>
>>29430123
>800 Pokemon in the franchise
720 of them have been around for three years at least.
151 of them have been around for twenty years, and around 90 of them are in Alola, again.

Many people have already played with those pokemon to exhaustation. Literally new pokemon is the main selling point for a lot of people.
>>
>>29428477
>Everyone who was quick to judge and hate based on the demo alone is retarded.
Thank you!
>>
>>29430177
>Except that there are many people out there, especially new players or people going into Pokemon for the first time, who don't.

Why would they care if they are about old pokemon being in it if they are getting into pokemon for the first time? More 7th gen pokemon won't make the game any less enjoyable for them while giving more things to do to the people who already have all available pokemon.
>>
>>29428129
It's just a lot of obvious falseflagging. This thread's filled with examples
>>
>>29429559
The fucking trademark is gotta catch 'Em all
>>
>>29428129
Because people were all hyped up, set their expectations so high only to be disappointed when some of the contents leaked... and when that NicoNico stream happened.
>>
>>29430574
The stream was depressing.

>games were already getting completely braindead
>trainers now have ONE Pokemon

I know it's an early part of the game before the first gym-equivalent, but it's a huge bad sign, it was already ridiculous for trainers to have 2 Pokemon, now just 1? What's the difference from a wild battle then?
Trials look short as fuck and completely hand holding too, removing the appeal of having exploration based challenges entirely if every 5 steps it pans the camera to where you are supposed to go so you don't have to find out yourself... just fucking terrible.
>>
>>29430699
Now you're getting it.

>b-but muh early game
Nope. We already know that this is the whole game. We know about GF's business practices and should take action by not buying SuMo. Sorry shills.
>>
>>29429019
>not interested
B-but anon, my browser is saying this is 4chan's /vp/ board. Why are you even here then?
>>
File: gen 2 was hard.png (78KB, 325x997px) Image search: [Google]
gen 2 was hard.png
78KB, 325x997px
>>29430699
Anon, that was route 2 you saw
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_2
>every trainer has one
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinnoh_Route_202
>every trainer has one
In EVERY game but RB and B2W2 the first gym has, other than the gym leader, one trainer with one and one with 2, occasionally 3 pokemon.
>>
>>29430808
oh no.... whatever will legendary and popular games company GameFreak do without the contribution........................... of neckbeards on a Malaysian dogfighting discussion board........................................................
>>
>>29430699
I don't mind the regular trainers having one Pokémon since sometimes I find battling them a nuisance.

What really bothered me was the first trial. It wasn't even thrilling. It felt almost like a tutorial of some sort. Fair enough, it was the first trial after all but still... I hope the other trials aren't going to be of similar quality.
>>
>>29431053
>It felt almost like a tutorial of some sort. Fair enough, it was the first trial after all but still...
Yes. It feels like the tutorial because, being the first trial, it is, in fact, a tutorial.
>>
>>29431081
Yeah. Quite so.

But with that logic, the other trials would follow the same formula, that is be thrown in an area and defeat three Pokémon until the totem mon jumps out.
>>
>>29428129
Small Dex
Braindead easy trials replacing gyms
Enemies still only have 1-3 Pokémon
No good post-game*
No unique encounter themes

*This is obvious given how lazy GameFreak has been concerning anything that isn't graphics.
>>
>>29431180
>>29431053

They feel like those generic side quests you get in JRPGs to get money or side equipment, except that in the average JRPG you have dozens, often hundreds of those, in contrast to the bigger and more elaborate missions usually involving exploring entire dungeons, solving puzzles, and battling multiple bosses to unlock new areas.

If they want to make it feel like more of a traditional exploration RPG, they have to go all out, but with 7 trials and the apparent quality we're getting, I think we're fucked.
>>
>>29431192
>>29431218
And people are still hyped for SuMo?

Oh wait, it's just shilling and damage control. Fucking hell, blunder of the century fucking confirmed.
>>
>>29428129
Fuck off, shill.

SuMo has already been confirmed to be shit after the livestream.
>>
File: 01542.jpg (45KB, 250x272px) Image search: [Google]
01542.jpg
45KB, 250x272px
>>29429019
>worst starter evolutions thus far
>>
>>29428129
I dunno, I'm just disappointed about the Toucan, but I don't outright hate it.
>>
>>29429019
>nitpicking: the post
You're not a qualified critic, just so that I'll let you know.
>>
>>29429560
Oh hey the /v/tard is back. Still thinking SM not selling well will save the franchise ? Wake up already, GF won't change there ways and you can try and "build" your little anti SM "army", it won't change a thing since we aren't the ones GF is panders to/target audience. Quit it and move on, there are so many other videogame franchises you can pick from.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.