[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> OMG there are so few pokemon WAAA We got 72 new pokes in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 10

File: new1.jpg (69KB, 790x838px) Image search: [Google]
new1.jpg
69KB, 790x838px
> OMG there are so few pokemon WAAA

We got 72 new pokes in sun and moon (not counting Ultra beasts or regional forms)
That's the same as gen 6.

It's the 3d era. We are never going to get 100+ pokemon again. Accept it. We already got 720 pokemon. Do we really need more?
>>
>>29423397
Yes.
>>
>>29423397
Yes.
>>
File: IMG_0651.jpg (70KB, 666x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0651.jpg
70KB, 666x496px
I would rather they didn't shit out crappy designs and took their times making good ones, but they fucked up with quite a few designs this gen so I'm a little upset.
>>
>>29423397
>GF apologists at large
How can we stop them?

Also
>3D is objectively a mistake, according to OP
>>
>>29423397
Yes.
>>
>>29423583
I like every single game and have been called GF apologist, but OP is going too far.

They said they wanted to slow their roll with new pokémon though.
>>
>>29423557
>shit out crappy designs
Oh just wait 3 years, then you'll be prasing them
>>
>>29423583
>3D is objectively a mistake
Well I think pretty much we can all agree on that.
Pokémon isn't as charming in 3d.
>>
>>29423728
I disagree.
The lack of effects and the existence of Sky Battles, on the other hand, were a mistake.
>>
>>29423397
>Do we really need more?
Yes. The only reason to continue playing Pokemon after the 5 hour ingame run is battling, which needs new mons introduced every so often so that things don't get stale.
>>
>>29423397
Imagine how much more amazing Pokémon would be if it wasn't stuck in the hands of such an incompetent developer.
>>
>nomnomnom I love when GF shits in my mouth nomnom
>>
>>29423397
People don't realize that adding 100+ Pokemon every gen is going to become an unwinnable arms race eventually. In my opinion the number of creatures is what's going to kill the series eventually.

What happens when we have 1500+ Pokemon? They can't just take some out in the next game. It's going to be a fucking nightmare to work with that many.
>>
>>29423397
Yes,bitch.
>>
I managed to pick up the Stadium games shortly after XY came out and I was mildly surprised on how expressive and cartoony the animations in them were compared to the new games.

Also if I remember correctly, the attacks had spawning points on the moddels, so beams would come from mouths, fingers, horns, or other logical things.

Most of the Pokemon look really good with their current models, but they've lost a lot of energy and cartoonyness when it comes to the attack animations.
>>
72 Pokemon would not be bad if the designs were better than average, but most of these are shit. The starters were all ruined, the regional bird sucks, half of them are bipedal waifu furbait, and the other half are obscure overdesigned looking things that I cant even tell what they are supposed to be. This gen is BAD, the same amount of mons from XY, but worse designs.
>>
>>29423397
>Do we really need more monsters in a monster catching game?

Well yes
>>
>>29424150
No fossil Pokémon either.
>>
>>29423397
>megas aren't new Pokémon
>forms aren't new pokemon
>>
>>29423397
I dont particularly mind because there's lots of new ones I like.

Shit like Komala not evolving is inexcusable though. As is having 16+2 legendaries in a gen with less than 100 new pokemon overall.
>>
GF revealed 53 out of 81 (including UB's).
Thats 65% of the entire Generation revealed by GF.
>>
Awhile back I saw someone post a picture of each islands dex?

does anyone have that
>>
>>29424150
Hit the nail on the head, and I can tell that everyone else on this board agrees with us. Still, we can make our voices heard by boycotting SuMo and exposing it as the worst generation of Pokemon. We have to make this a Sonic 06-level blunder if we are to save our series.

>>29423607
>>29423614
Found the SuMo shills
>>
>>29424242
>SuMo

How to invalidate your opinion.
>>
>>29424209
>there's lots of new ones I like.
We can see through your damage control, shill.

Back to your safe space.
>>
>>29424267
You can't invalidate an opinion shared by hundreds of thousands of people.

Face it, SuMo will become the most hated Pokemon games an possibly the first to tank in sales.
>>
the problem is gamefreak are delusional enough to think new gimmick forms count as new pokemon
so we get shafted from real mon so they can EZPZ buff up the numbersof "new" mon with lazy forms

genwun pandering is literally giving us less new pokemon and people will still defend it
>>
>those faggots that don't count alolan forms with different types, stats, move pools, and abilities as new Pokemon.
>Those faggots that don't count sensible megas like beedrill and glalie, who might as well have not existed before outside of PvE as new Pokemon.

I think the reason they are making less now is because if they make 100+ every new generation, Wed quickly have over a thousand Pokemon.
>>
File: 58525814_p0.jpg (315KB, 1235x1278px) Image search: [Google]
58525814_p0.jpg
315KB, 1235x1278px
>>29424271
Stay mad.
>>
I honestly think this is one of the best and most varied dex so far, I can't find any hate for it, the designs are superb and vibrant. Sun and moon is going to be the best game I'm certain.
>>
>>29424351
>those faggots that don't count alolan forms with different types, stats, move pools, and abilities as new Pokemon

>Put a wig on Dugtrio
>Call it a new pokemon
>Give Golem a beard
>Call it a new pokemon
>Recolor Persian
>Call it a new pokemon

>if they make 100+ every new generation, Wed quickly have over a thousand Pokemon
>Implying there's anything wrong about that
>>
>>29423397

imo this is a new way; giving new region mons and mixing them with older... it's okay I guess... [We going to get wild fossils and blisseys in alola...]
>>
>>29423397

actually... how I can accept that bullshit... these games should have 100 mons+ with every gen... damn, even new evolutions... this is just why you are buying games... how you could fuck this up that badly to put less than 100 new mons in your signature game...
>>
>>29423824
Like it or not, we're going to get less and less actual new Pokémon every generation, it just simply has to be this way. I think you and I are the only ones who understand that, anon.
>>
>>29424296
(you)
>>
>>29423728
Was Pokémon supposed to stay sprite based forever?
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 512x288px
>>29424150
>The starters were all ruined
>>
File: 5209.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5209.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>29424242
>Hit the nail on the head, and I can tell that everyone else on this board agrees with us. Still, we can make our voices heard by boycotting SuMo and exposing it as the worst generation of Pokemon. We have to make this a Sonic 06-level blunder if we are to save our series.
>>
>>29424296
>record number of preorders thanks to PoGo hype

This is what actual delusion looks like, folks.
>>
>>29423397

I don't reammly midn that we only have 72 Alolans, I'm just a bit sadden that they revealed most of them off the bat again, and that Jagamo-o is the Pseudo of Gen 7. I'm more disappointed that we only have 18 Alolan forms and only like 4 of them at the very most might be OU or UU viable.

I'm sad that Rapidash and Kingler have to be shit for another 3 years.
>>
>>29423397

The worst part is that people wouldn't have minded if they just went with the Johto model and added 100 each gen. The number of Pokemon would nearly be the same, but there would be no disappointment in the actual amount.

As it stands they got everyone's hopes up with Gen V and now people will cry every time a new gen comes out.
>>
>>29424271
"you have a different opinion, so you're a shill"

You fuck off. There's some fantastic designs in the SM dex, more than half by far. It's just a disappointingly small number of total new pokes.
>>
It's not even real gen 1 pandering, they don't even have 20 fucking alolan forms for their 20th anniversary, and instead of saving Golem and Machamp for getting Megas they apparently shafted Machamp and gave Golem a rip-off of Probopass with a barely better typing. If we are lucky which let's face it we aren't, MAYBE Alolan variant version exclusives, cause, and here's my main point, isn't it kinda weird they've shown gameplay since july mostly of moon (except when Version Exclusives come up) and only let the press play Sun? I mean weird detail but that's hope we just don't have just 18. And even then it's stupid when Rapidash, Kingler, oh IDK FUCKING THE RED VERSION EXCLUSIVES, would have appreciated the updates even if they aren't the best.

I mean come the fuck on game freak, you can't even do version exclusives right anymore? At this point people like Suzenrain and Drayano should be helping develop the games especially when nintendo let GF fuck up and try the whole "mature story but goofy pokemon" shit they pulled with XY.

And what's just disgusting, and I mean disgusting if not stupid, is the fact they revealed 2/3 of all the pokemon. They revealed fucking 2/3 the alolan dex basically and most of the alolan forms then said fuck it and left in the dex sprites to say "hey fucktards enjoy your suprises HAHAHAHAH"

They left some of the press just plain out ruin things knowing this, like Lillie probably having Nebby, and honestly are going to piss off a lot more fans. I get it's tough and I get Yokai Watch makes the domestic market tough. But. who. the. fuck. cares. If they keep trying to pander more to just kids and half-ass pander to GO-based douchebags their honestly just alienating the long time fans like they did in 5th Gen.

And I want each and everyone of you to tweet Masuda, Sugimori and Ohmori and rub it in. Rub in good fan art, better games, and etc. Cause let's face it the fuckers ripped off a lot of 7th gen from fan games.
>>
File: Mysterious Souviner.png (59KB, 213x232px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterious Souviner.png
59KB, 213x232px
>>29423397
So, what pokemon is this supposed to depict?
>>
>>29423397
More is always better, no exceptions. But I understand the sacrifice they have to make.

If I have to struggle to pick just six I consider it a successful gen, and I am struggling here, so I'm fine with this batch.

The starters are abysmal though.
>>
>>29424150
>The starters were all ruined
That didn't stop Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum from selling well.
>>
File: octqap1qzeY8Os1mf4W-o.gif (188KB, 168x126px) Image search: [Google]
octqap1qzeY8Os1mf4W-o.gif
188KB, 168x126px
>>29423397
>Accept it. We already got 720 pokemon. Do we really need more?

Yes, why not. New Pokemon main game meant to be discover NEW POKEMON in NEW REGION. If no NEW POKEMON in new main game I will stop play Pokemon and stop buy the game.
>>
>>29427833
Fire Tapu seems to be the closest thing.
>>
>>29427833
Fire Tapu when it closes its arms.
>>
>>29425031
>If he doesn't like my precious starters, it's a meme
Grow up kid. Luchalitten and Poppliomaid could have had such better and more fitting designs. Robinhoot might be great imo, but the other 2 starter are awful.
>>
>>29423397
Why would you not count Ultra Beasts? They're in the dex.

And there's 81 total. 73 not counting them. Space nebular and cocoon are separate Pokemon.

But there's no reason not to count the Ultra Beasts. They're obtainable Pokemon.
>>
I'm convinced that anyone who still enjoys Pokemon will always be called a GF apologist. There's no fucking fun on this board any more, it's all shitting on the new games or anyone who thinks they look good.

No wonder there's so many waifu threads; at least in them you can just enjoy something.
>>
Would /vp/ have preferred it if we had a large drought between gens 5 and 6 with Kalos not happening, and them skipping straight to Alolan, but with most, if not all, of the Kalos Pokemon added in with the Alola Pokemon for an overall larger generation?
>>
>>29428275
Why not count Alola Pokemon? They're newly typed, look different, and will likely have new movesets. That brings us up to 96 new designs. Pretty damn good.
>>
>>29428364
>reskins are new Pokemon

You should count megas then
>>
>>29428364
I can understand not counting them, though I would personally especially if we have some that aren't in the regional dex that we don't know about yet, but ignoring the Ultra Beasts when they're in the national dex is just ridiculous.

They're Pokemon. They have dex entries and you can catch them.
>>
>>29428416
>Reskins

They're new typings, new stats, and new move pools.

They might as well be fully new Pokemon.
>>
>>29428443
Megas are new typings and have new stats
>>
>>29428301

Oh fucking waaah waaaah, you guy are fucking faggots too.

You'll scream GENWUNNER GENWUNNER blindly at people who don't like 7th gen pokemon or newer games.

You are just as fucking bad as the constant people bitching and shitposting.
>>
>>29428456
Megas are super forms though. It's a bit muddier than a permanent change like A-Marowak.
>>
>>29428456
The thing that differentiates them is that being mega is temporary. Alolan forms and some megas are functionally new Pokemon, but Alolan Pokemon stay that way.
>>
>>29428470
Being a genwunner has nothing to do with not liking the new games. It would be nice to see more threads where people give the games a chance before decrying it as the worst games yet.

Hell, when someone does make a SM positive thread it turns into a debate about that exact subject.

Honestly, it feels like half this board doesn't even like Pokemon anymore, they just like bitching.
>>
>>29423397
A low number in VI was excusable because they had to model, texture, and animate 700+ Pokemon and forms. All of that work was already finished for VII, so they could have used those resources to implement more new Pokemon. There is no excuse.
>>
Op here.

I think you guys are missing the point because of the rhetorical question at the end.

The point is: 3d means 72 new mons per gen. Accept it or gtfo. Stop bitching about shit that won't change.
>>
>>29428649
There are 81 unique new species

E I G H T Y O N E

If you're going to whine like a baby at least get the goddamn number right.
>>
>>29423397
>That's the same as gen 6.

you mean the one where people also complained that there were too few? great comparison.
>>
>>29428619
They had to do that again for gen 7. They'll have to do that for every game and it will get harder and harder for every new pokemon.
>>
Gimme more new pokemon and i'll be happy.
>>
>>29425018
Why not? Sprites have always looked and will always look better than 3D.
>>
>>29428671
Those people raging at 72 pokemon should have already quit in gen 6.

Why are they still here if that problem was so unforgivable?
>>
>>29425018
it really could have. Gen 4 had the best blend of 2D and 3D imo
>>
>>29428676
I don't expect /vp/ to understand marketing but 800+ Pokemon makes it harder to market the old ones, which still make a lot of money.

And for each younger kid introduced to the franchise they're not just meeting those new 80 Pokemon, they're meeting those older ones which means to let the new players meet the old Pokemon a relaxed number is better because those kids are stilling going to want Eevee or Lucario toys. Hence Mega and A-Forms allowing them to remarket the older Pokemon to younger kids and older fans easily to make up for the smaller number.

It has nothing at all to do with 3D. They rendered 721+ models for Pokemon alone in XY. 100 isn't too much of a stretch per gen resource-wise. It's all about marketing and what's best for the brand. More isn't better this late in the game.
>>
File: herpderp.jpg (6KB, 251x238px) Image search: [Google]
herpderp.jpg
6KB, 251x238px
>>29423397
Alolan Form is just an artificial way to increase the no. of new Pokémon. GF only needs to recolour Kanto Pokémon and retards would still suck GF's dick because:
>b-but, they have new typings!
>b-but, they have new abilities!
>b-but, they have new move pools!
>>
>>29428813
Alola Forms have shit to do with increasing the number and everything to do with trying to sell more Vulpix plushes.
>>
Retards who think that Alolan forms are new Pokemon also think that silver tabby cats are a different species than orange tabbies.
>>
>>29423397
Yes, but the starters range from just okay to "why was this allowed"? Dog of dual evolutions is okay, too many single stage shitmons, the bird and the mongoose look like dogshit, too much waifu bait, Ultrabeasts look like origami, etc
>>
>>29428864
Except we'd all agree that they're different kinds of cats.
>>
>we can't get the series standard 100 minimum ever again because [shitty excuses]

>>29423557
there will always be ones you like and ones you don't, more is always better
>>
>>29424296
>>
>>29423397

I thought most of the Pokemon in SM looked alright but seeing them all together really shows that the designs are all over the place, especially as you get towards the bottom. The shitty 3D models dont help either.
>>
>>29423397
Yes. It's probably 3ds size limitations. Maybe gen 8 will have more. Atleast we still got more the x and y. I like the new pokes
>>
May I ask you all to answer this poll?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11507611
Last poll got around 400 votes, so I think there are lots of posters and lurkers who have yet to answer.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11507611
>>
>>29428691
I like 3D. I'm ready for Pokémon on the ns. Also, you can't deny that sun and moon are the best looking pokemon games
>>
Eh. We're looking at 800+ Pokemon now. If they wanna slow down with the amount, that's fine imo. I have the Pokemon I love and they're not going anywhere. Of course more is good, but vp's whole mentality of 'less than 100 = automatic shit' is ridiculous. I don't get it.
>>
>>29423397
>Do we really need more?
Yes.
>>
File: dratini KFC.jpg (17KB, 307x355px) Image search: [Google]
dratini KFC.jpg
17KB, 307x355px
>>29423397

I don't want 100+ Pokemon.

There are already too many instances of "double-dipping". It's causing copyright inflation and lowering the overall quality of the franchise.

I would much rather Gamefreak revisit Pokemon that are currently obsolete and pointless and give them new viability. Regional variants and sub-species are cool too.

I'd like to see more items like Evolite, but for enhancing the viability for baby and basic forms. Add some kind of cool "kaioken" effect on them.
>>
>>29428331
Oh absolutely, because Gen 6 was a rushed abortion of a generation and while it added a lot of good features and had some genuinely good moments, the flaws it had drown them out and render XY the worst mainline entry in the franchise, with the added bonus that it provided us with bar none the worse remakes the franchise has ever seen. Nothing of value would have been lost if Gen 6 had been polished up and rolled into Gen 7 for a really solid experience.
>>
>>29430081
Nah, Pokemon games are usually the biggest in their console generation bar none -- B2W2 were a half-gig apiece, very few games in the entire DS library broke 256mb, most ranged around 32-64mb. Nintendo would literally front them more memory in the carts if they needed it and their carts can hold quite a fair bit of data.

Game Freak just doesn't want to make more Pokemon. They just don't want to give us a full gen because the more pokemon they add the less they can market the popular ones, and since the console ban in China's finally lifted, they're going all in to make as much money as possible shilling the original 151. So hope for the best in Gen 8, I guess, but who knows how the Switch will really perform by that point.
>>
>>29423397
>why do you want more pokemon in a pokemon game, ya fagets?
>just accept whatever GF shits into your mouths, you dildos!
You are the worst kind of consumer.
>>
I honestly like a lot of the new designs except FUCK the starters wtf were they thinking
>>
>>29432854
Robinhoot is GOAT, fuck off
>>
File: 1477429847191.png (706KB, 790x838px) Image search: [Google]
1477429847191.png
706KB, 790x838px
>nice opinion you got there faggot

wimpod and the bug are the only mons that improve when evolving
>>
I really do wonder how things would pan out if they adopted the SMT system of having the companion pool vary from title to title.
Like just a flat-out exclusion of some Pokemon lines rom the National Dex one full generation, they cannot be traded in from a previous game, with a complete absence of their data period, so that "catching them all" would differ in essence from generation to generation.

This would let them add however many new Pokemon they want every generation without any significant repercussions towards number inflation overwhelming people new to the games.
But it comes with the risk of angering those whose traditional favorites don't end up making the generational "draft", I suppose.

Would that be an acceptable trade off, hypothetically?
>>
>>29423557
The only design I don't like is Bewear preevo rest are great
>>
>>29432916
>opinions
>>
ULTRA BEASTS ARE POMEMON. 4CHAN IS RETARDO!!
>>
>>29423557
>Didn't shit out crappy designs
Bewear.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.