[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can't learn all the punching moves >Based on a boxer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

>Can't learn all the punching moves
>Based on a boxer and has high special defense instead of defense
>Doesn't have technician as an ability despite it being FUCKING BOXING TERMINOLOGY

Is there any Pokemon that Gamefreak put less thought into than Hitmonchan?
>>
A lot of Gen 1 mons are like this, honestly. As first efforts go, gen 1 was all over the shop.
>>
>>29423274
>Based on a boxer and has high special defense instead of defense

This is actually because gamefreak was incredibly lazy when they applied the special split to older Pokemon.
Look at beedrill's special defense stat.
Look at tangela's and seadra's special defense stat.
A lot of non-psychic Pokemon just arbitrarily got one of special attack and defense high and the other low.
>>
File: 1401453640367.png (65KB, 283x254px) Image search: [Google]
1401453640367.png
65KB, 283x254px
>>29423274
I think the high Special Defence was when it was in gen 1 with only the Special Stat.
Since Chan's gimmick was the elemental punches, the Special stat would make it able to actually do some damage with them.
Then with the split of gen 2, they perhaps felt it would be strange for a boxer to have such high "magical attack" and gave the bulk of Special to Sp.Defence.
>>
>>29423274
Solrock and Lunatone.
>>
>>29423274
I want so badly for Hitmonchan to be good. To evolve him, Tyrogue needs to have higher defense than attack. But when he evolves he gets special def and an offensive move set. His moveset is basically all punching moves and while iron fist isn't bad, it's not technician like you said. If you're gonna make him defensive then give him a moveset and the bulk required to back that up. It's such a shame, because I love the idea of a boxing pokemon. Lets hope Crabrawler has what it takes to be da champ.
>>
>>29423623
Solrock and Lunatone were designed to be thematic low threat pokemon for the player to encounter. Gen III was before Gamefreak was even considering the notion that all fully evolved pokemon should have some role in player battles. Those pokemon were designed to be on the same level as zubat in Meteor Falls and in that regard they succeeded in their design.

Hitmonchan was not designed to be a throw-away mon. It thematically makes no sense with its inspiration and likewise fills no niche role, nor has it filled a role sonce gen 1. The other hitmons had much better execution in these departments. Even if Hitmonlee has been functionally replaced 3 times now he has a gimmick they created with his HA and a theme they preserved.
>>
>>29423476
>>29423602
I understand why it happened but had they put more than 5 seconds of thought into transitioning Hitmonchan into a post-Gen 3 environment they could have fixed that. Likewise with Gen V.
>>
>>29423274
I'd love Chan to be better, he is one of my favourite mons. He just needs a better stat dist, an ability that boost punch move damage by 1.5x and they need to make a punch for every element and make it so Hitmonchan is the only on that can learn them all.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.