[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im surprised /vp/. Im surprised that this guy hasn't got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

File: 1477426001468.png (38KB, 433x218px) Image search: [Google]
1477426001468.png
38KB, 433x218px
Im surprised /vp/.
Im surprised that this guy hasn't got the Garbodor treatment by Genwunners.
I mean, I don't hate it nor like him either, but there is a lot of people that like it.
Was this a Inanimate object mon done right? If you like him, Why do you do? Im honestly curious
>>
>>29422880
People are too busy shitposting about the toucan and wimpod 2 instead.

I just like that he looks neat. Mostly how they took an anchor with algae but still make it look like it has a sun design with the bottom of the 'algae', yet the crescent moon shape of the anchor, while the 'algae' also appears to give it a ghost like design.
>>
I like that there was an effort made to make it look like a face made of inanimate objects. I don't dislike Garbodor myself but it feels a lot more like "trashbag but it has feet and a face" and I think that's where a lot of the hate stems from. Object mons often feel kind of random with their subject, but this critter is a (presumably) ghost-type based on sunken ships, which is already something with a ghostly connotation
>>
It's closer to Chandelure than Klefki on the inanimate object spectrum but it will probably have cool lore and a cool type
>>
>>29422880
>>29422880
I was really hoping for there to finally be a book related pokemon.

This is pretty okay, but I think I'll have to see it in battle and amie. Right now it looks kind of busy. I tend to like objectmons to be fair.
>>
>>29422880
what's not to like?
>>
>>29422880
Ghost objectmons always get a pass. Honedge only got a lot of hate because XY was attracting genwunners.
>>
This one has some personality. It's got a patchy eye like a pirate. I'm still kinda deciding if I like it but I don't think it looks that bad. I also don't know much about this pokemon yet... is it the anchor or is it the seaweed or whatever attached to the anchor? What is the living part?
>>
I don't usually like Pokemon based on inanimate objects and I don't particularly like this one either but I have to admit this has a lot going on. Anchor+steering wheel, compass eye, eye patch, algae beard, teeth and an overall grinning look. Flawless execution.
>>
I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more hate since it is such an easy target, the general consensus is that it is a good design though.
>>
>>29422880
It's like Chandelure or Magnemite. Instead of being an object wholesale, it's an object with even the tiniest bit of lore affecting its design to look more interesting
>>
>>29422880
It has the sunken ship vibe going rather well. Not too much, but not too little. Just right.
>>
>>29422880
I don't really like it. I don't HATE it, but I think it's just weird how it's one thing on its own. Looks like it would evolve from and to something else. An anchor on its own is very strange, unless it's based on something I haven't heard of.

Trubbish and Garbodor are great; they're essentially a new take on Grimer and Muk, neither of which were exactly stellar designs in the first place.
>>
Anyone got any decent names for this thing?
If I wind up with a female one I'm thinking of naming it Anne after the Queen Anne's Revenge, Blackbeard's flagship
>>
>>29422988
Painchor.
>>
honestly I keep forgetting that it exists
>>
>>29422988
I was thinking of naming mine Bermuda.
>>
>>29422880
Frankly, I don't see how people can like this. It's just a bunch of things you'd find on a ship, slapped together in a vaguely face-like shape. It's so busy and ugly. I don't know how someone can say this is a good Pokemon, yet hate Garbodor.
>>
File: 1476939139722.png (967KB, 2050x1378px) Image search: [Google]
1476939139722.png
967KB, 2050x1378px
>>29422880
Eh, probably my favorite alola pokemon with mimikyu. Fucking love tbe anchor and its design. A anon made this pic awhile and I saved it, sums up all the cool details pretty well.
>>
Yea this thing is pretty fucking stupid. About the only new pokemon I don't like.
>>
File: 1477011965703.jpg (264KB, 1499x1835px) Image search: [Google]
1477011965703.jpg
264KB, 1499x1835px
>>29423006
Shit taste.
>>
>>29423006
I don't necessarily hate garbodor. I just feel like it doesn't have enough personality or lore to it to be likable. Its just a trash bag.
>>
went by under the radar while people will shitposting about everything else under the sun (and moon)
>>
>>29423006
Garbodor looks like dirt with candy inside of it and not a "proper" garbage monster, like a golem made of trash. And the rat ears feel tacked on, especially when compared to Weezing and Muk who have 0 animal characteristics which help them feel alien and good ugly. (Not that Muk wasn't a lazy evolution. Alola fixed that, though.)
>>
>>29422880
I'm not sure why I like it, but it's similar to why I like Honedge/etc. Though I think those have a better design and certainly better colors.

I can see what they were going for with the design, it being rusted by seawater and having seaweed that looks like teeth is cool and the like or something, but I'd prefer if it had a better color palette that seemed more interesting.

I think I mostly just imagine that it has a cool concept and typing that'll make it interesting.
>>
>>29423053
How is this under the radar? The only mons getting their own threads are this stupid ass of a objectmon, the waifumons, the toucan and marshadow.
>>
Because most normies don't know yet
>>
>>29423043
What "lore" does sentient trash need? Not every Pokemon needs a sob story about it. It's just Muk, but as a trash bag instead of toxic waste.
>>29423079
My only complaint is the neon chunks, yeah. I dunno about "rat ears", though. They're the bits of a trash bag you tie up.

I'm not saying Garbodor is perfect, I'm just saying it's better than this particular object-mon. The anchor thing is just way too busy.
>>
So...it's a...
It's like a steering wheel
Mixed with a compass
On an anchor
Covered in algae/ectoplasm
Which could be either rusted or wooden, it's unclear which
It has one eye(?)

I dunno it's just not very intuitive
Why would all those things be together
You don't put the wheel of the ship on the fucking anchor
>>
>>29422880
I think it just looks cool, personally. It will seem cooler if its type is revealed to be Ghost-, since this type tends to get a pass when it comes to "objectmon" thanks to the general popularity of possession and possessed objects. Ghosts are usually depicted as invisible/intangible beings and thus sometimes possess people or objects to manifest themselves and be noticed in the physical world. This ghostly being for whatever reason happen to choose an anchor as a vessel, which suggests a possible affinity with water or steel.

Also. Although it's not a Ghost, I think Garbador has a good enough theme going for itself, but I don't find it aesthetically pleasing to look at, even for a creature that's basically designed to be ugly. I mean, I could've designed a better ugly trashbag monster than it any day, and my artistic capabilities are subpar af.
>>
>>29423131
This irritates me too. Why the fuck is a steering wheel attached to the anchor, of all things? It feels very rushed and slapped together.
>>
>>29423131
>>29423166
helm of the ship
multiple pieces of ship wreckage?
>>
>>29423166
You JUST KNOW the white guy designed this piece of shit.
>>
>>29423166
Broken compass + steering wheel represent being a lost soul
Anchor represents being anchored to the mortal plane
>>
>>29423131
>>29423166
>>29423197
Fucking idiots
See >>29423013
>>
>>29423244
It's still a piece of shit though?
>>
>>29423106
You forgot to mention Studpod.
>>
>Team Aqua
>Archie wears an anchor
>He didn't have this Pokemon for some reason
That's what's going to irritate me about this.
>>
>>29423244
That shitty drawing doesn't help any you menstrual blood drinking cockrider

No one can tell what the fuck it is until we see it in motion, therefore it's a pretty bad design
>>
>>29423281
You have to be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>29423241
DEEPEST lore.
>>
>>29423257
>>29423281
Nice shit taste you got there. Anchor is one of the best alola mon.
>>
>>29423326
>Anchor is one of the best alola mon.

I genuinely feel sorry for you if you mean this.
>>
>>29423131
>wooden

Sir Bevidere: "Does wood sink in water?"
>>
>>29422880
I almost forgot about this piece of shit, the only object mon done right was Aegislash.
>>
To me, this pokemon looks like it's the seaweed/algae/something engulfing the anchor and possessing it. I think it might be something else than just an anchor so I feel it has a better, more mysterious design.
>>
>>29422880
I hate it.
>>
>>29423402
>Claydol
kys
>>
>>29423402
Excuse me ?
>>
>>29422912
who is wimpod 2?
>>
>>29423418
>>29423466
I forgot about those too because of my rage, you are great, but nothing else was well done.
>>
>>29423494
It's Team Rockets failed attempt at cloning wimpod, look it up, there's going to be a movie about it
>>
>>29423494
i am.
>>
>>29423376
Its amazing how many fuckwits here seem to think anchors are made out of wood
>>
I loved this guy the moment I saw him. It makes me glad, since there's maybe only a handful of gen 7 designs I liked. I'm definitely going to use anchorbro.
>>
We have literally no idea about it.

It doesn't even look like a pokemon to me, I don't see its face.

Gotta see its typing and what combination of ghost, grass, water and steel it has. Can see arguments for all of them.

Design, I just want to see it move, open and/or close an eye, do something. Without motion its a complete mystery.
>>
>>29422880
They haven't seen it yet, since Genwunners don't care about datamines.

Expect the flood of complaints to come when it's officially revealed.
>>
I wish it evolved into an entire ghost ship.
>>
>>29423994

You surf on your lapras and come across a random ship in the ocean. The flag indicates that this is a gym.

You beat the first two of the gym leader's pokemon easily, wondering what their last one is.
Turns out the entire gym is the pokemon.

I love this idea. Missed opportunity.
>>
This was a good discusion for the most part of the topic.

I need to see this animated, typing and ability before I make my mind.

I usually don't like objectmons (Except Honedge that for me was GLORIOUS) but this one...Im not sure yet.
>>
>>29423844
Holy shit someone with taste. A nautical pokemon is a cool idea and anchorbro looks like it handles the concept amazingly with the whole "ghost ship" concept it appears to be. Loved it tbe second I saw it too.
>>
>>29423994
BRILLIANT.
>>
>>29422880
It's great and one of the better designed gen 7 mons.

No one is shitposting it because they are having more fun with "it's just a toucan!".
>>
I didn't care for it until I noticed the compass is an eye. I hope in motion it moves around all creepy like.
>>
>>29422880
trashmon was just trash

this one is actually extremely clever in its execution
>>
>>29422948
It's literally a sword, come on
>>
>>29423931
>I don't see its face.
That's a legitimate sign of autism.
>>
>>29423006
Holy shit this is EXACTLY what I was going to type almost word for word.

It's just shipwreck shoved together to look like the face of an ~old man pirate~ it seems and it has way too much going on and clashing colors, and the "algae" is so plastic bag looking.
Thank god someone agrees! This is my least favorite mon this generation, maybe tied with Tseerna (idk how to spell it).
>>
>>29422948
>Ghost objectmons always get a pass
explain the sandcastle, then.
>>
>>29424568
I personally don't see anything clever about it's execution, it's literally a bunch of shipwreck thrown together but ok.
To each their own.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.