[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No pokemon game had a more exhilirating, epic and satisying climax

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 15

File: bw.png (37KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
bw.png
37KB, 256x192px
No pokemon game had a more exhilirating, epic and satisying climax as BW1

having your quest to become champion interupted was a fucking insane curveball, catching reshkrom, facing down with N in a desperate battle and then finally taking on ghetsis

all of this accompanied by the best ost of the series makes for some serious blood-pumping stuff!

I've been here from the beginning, and I'll be here til the very end, but not pokemon game before or since has felt quite as magical at the very end. Only the original face off with Blue can compete really
>>
I agree, I played in Japanese with /vp/ when the rom came out and could barely tell what was going on, but it was hype as fuck.

Still don't agree with forcing legends on players but BW had a good excuse to do it.
>>
and then ghetsis ruined it.
>>
>>29417806
It was definitely a cool part and I enjoyed how the actual villian was the final boss for a change. The story in BW1 was pretty dull but I appreciate it trying something different. I do wish N's castle was more of a actual dungeon with tough grunts instead of just a cool set piece.
>>
the last two hours of BW1 are hype as fuck, yes.
>>
>>29417806
Remember when pokemon was good? Before the genwun pandering, before the models, before the only 70 new pokemon mentality, before becoming easy as fuck snorefests... Those were fun times.
>>
>>29417806
I never saw it coming and I loved it. I couldn't describe the feeling I had seeing all of the gym leaders suddenly storming the castle
>>
BW1 was amazing. The fact that non gen 5 pokemon wasn't available until post-game was a nice touch. It really got me focused on learning about the newer pokemon.
>>
>>29417806
Are we counting post game climaxes? Because climbing to the snowy summit of a super tall mountain to confront the previous game's Champion and flying to space to destroy a meteor were also pretty damn tight
>>
>underage Unovabortions actually think BW are good games

They are actually
>>
>>29417806
I wouldn't mind the forced capture if not for them making Reshikrom's catch rate so high that you will probably catch it one your first Quick Ball.
It completely ruined the fight with the legendary for me.
I also had a full team of bros that I had used so far in the game, and one of them wasn't going to get fucked out of the "first game clear" credits just so I could use an overpowered dragon that I had no attachment to.
>>
File: 1345326477064.jpg (43KB, 918x749px) Image search: [Google]
1345326477064.jpg
43KB, 918x749px
>>29417806
>That final moment after defeating Ghetsis and N.
>The epic credits music.

Black and White had the best storytelling and cinematics.
>>
>>29417852
>>29417848
This, the story was a snorefest, and having N overshadowing Ghetsis as a character made it pretty crappy for a final showdown.

I've seen many people, who didn't search for leaks or spoilers be fucking amazed at the end of the Delta Episode. (I still miss the bike puzzle.)

I would say Gen V is the most polarizing of them all, most either think is shit and quote sales reports as evidence of the games quality, or think it was better than sliced bread and try to shit on everything else.
>>29417914
And a bit of this for me, It was more than a bit rail roady.
>>
>>29417914
>Not catching Reshiram/Zekrom in an ordinary Pokeball.

Do you enjoy playing on easy mode?
>>
>>29417947
>Not having balltism
>>
>>29417895
It makes me sad knowing that Gamefreak will never attempt anything like it again.
>>
>fucking nailed their attempt at a more cinematic story in BW
>completely fucked it up in XY with your retarded friends and Lysandre's "I'M GOING TO KILL ALL POKEMON BUT TRUST ME I'M A GOOD GUT AT HEART SEE I'M CRYING BOO HOO"

What went wrong?
>>
>>29417961
capturing a pure white Pokemon with a Quick Ball is far from balltism
>>
>>29417961
>Using anything other than a Pokeball.

For what purpose?
>>
>>29417961
I used a Premier Ball because I forgot to buy more balls.
>>
>>29417914
>and one of them wasn't going to get fucked out of the "first game clear" credits just so I could use an overpowered dragon that I had no attachment to.
THIS DESU
BW are my favorite entries in the series but fuck having to swap out my main niggas to fit in furcock or his darker brother
>>
>>29417978
Spent more time making 3D models than a decent story or region
>>
My untopable moment has to be the battle with Groudon/Kyogre back in gen III. It was the first legendary battle that was part of the game's story, the build up as you walked down the cave was great, then you get there and instead of you walking up to the pokemon it takes a few slow steps towards you. Combine that with my absolute favorite music in the entire franchise and you get a truly epic battle.
>>
>>29417806
>tfw last Pokémon games that I went into unspoiled
>tfw those days will ever return because of dumb demos, data miners, and GF blowing their load on reveals
>>
>>29418063
The datamining killed any chance at surprises.
Imagine getting to the climax of the Δ Episode unspoiled.
>>
>>29418063
you got every warning in the world to leave /vp/ when the demo came out
>>
>>29417806
Eh I don't know, the climax to ORAS was pretty intense desu
>>
>>29418091
>/vp/ is the only place on the internet where Pokemon-related content

If you didn't avoid social media as a whole, you have at least seen a tidbit of the leaks. No questions asked. They were literally posted everywhere you could find an active Pokemon community.
>>
>Beating the Elite 4, catching the legendary and defeating the evil team all in one go
>Roll credits
I'm so fucking mad they stopped doing this and went back to still having to do a gym and the Elite 4 after catching the legendary and defeating the evil team. It's like there's two seperate endings: the plot ending and the game ending. Why the fuck not make these one and the same? Facing off against the legendary should be the climax of the game, the moment is ruined when you go right back to fighting underleveled trainers after catching some fucking elder god.
Ohmori's said they made S/M the most cinematic games yet, and with them getting rid of the gym system makes me hope they finally go back to having a proper climax.
>>
>>29417969
>We'll always get small new gens thanks to Gen 5 hate
;_;
>>
>>29418125
every forum I know of kept the leak discussion in it's own thread, and you could've just avoided Pokemon hashtags for a weeks if you wanted to go in fresh.

Going on media blackout takes some effort, but it's far from impossible, you got spoiled because you simply gave up, it's nobody's fault but your own.
>>
>magical castle appearing from the underground

Nah thx m8 its shit
>>
>>29418091
>implying you can leave 4chan
>>
>>29418183
>you got spoiled because you simply gave up, it's nobody's fault but your own.
Or just go on Youtube trying to watch the latest episode of Pokemon Generations and see two Verlisfy videos with leaked Pokemon in the thumbnail, including the Legendary pre-evos, and being spoiled for no reason?

Fuck you asshole, some people just don't want to be spoiled and want to go into the games with an actual surprise.
>>
>>29417806
BW was perfection. BW2 not so much.

>>29417848
This.

>>29417870
And yet dumb loyalist fags will defend it.
>>
>>29417985
Even with a regular pokéball you have 6% chance to get them on your first try. Compare that to 0.4% that some mascot legendaries like the birds of Johto and the the weather duo have.
The fact that you can defend Reshikrom's insane catch rate and then call out people for making the game too easy honestly amazes me.
>>
>>29418098
>ORAS
>no Battle Frontier
>instead get the gay as fuck chateau from XY again that no one outside of tumblr liked
No thanks.
>>
File: despair.png (34KB, 201x160px) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
34KB, 201x160px
>>29418098
>mfw hated Ghetsis but loved his stupidly edgy battle theme and team
>>
>>29418223
Then fucking TRY not to be spoiled.

Or at least blame the people who were dumb enough not to scrub dex image data in a demo that comes out a month in advance. Every single time with you blackoutfags you place all the blame on the fans, and nothing on your own sense of self control or the actual source of spoilers.
>>
>>29417806

I dunno man, I just wanted to make my way through the Elite Four. Having N and his dumb castle show up only pissed me off. The "epic" set pieces a lot of people enjoy, like all the gym leaders showing up for a second to fight off the bad guys, are nothing I haven't seen before in anime, so I wasn't really invested in the story to begin with.
>>
>>29417806
Only thing I didn't like about BW was the Black City/White Forest bullshit. Everything else was great. However I hated that the city with the dragon gym wasn't a blend of past and future.
>>
File: 1384047516662.png (92KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
1384047516662.png
92KB, 500x488px
>N's room
>That slow morph of your hatred/indifference to him into pure pity

That was some grim shit.
>>
>>29418183
Gamefreak still revealed 55 Pokemon out of the 73. With at least two more trailers to go

>>29418256
The idea of hiding from the entire internet for a whole month is unrealistic
>>
>>29418268
Execpt you hadn't seen it before
>>
>>29418296
>the entire internet

This isn't true at all unless the only thing you do on the internet is talk about Pokemon
>>
>>29418293
>BW2 theme

MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>29418296
>hide from /vp/
>hide from youtube
Just doing those two things should get you far, fuck you can even turn off thumbnails on /vp/ so you don't get any visual spoilers anyway
>>
>>29418308
Except it's right there in my post, I don't think the story is anything special, it's nothing I haven seen before in the shonen anime I used to watch.
>>
File: 1475619609055.jpg (15KB, 480x162px) Image search: [Google]
1475619609055.jpg
15KB, 480x162px
>>29418256
>Then fucking TRY not to be spoiled.
What do you think I was doing? You think I went to go watch the episode hoping my lord and savior would bless me with furfag spoiling leaks in thumbnails?

>Or at least blame the people who were dumb enough not to scrub dex image data
They shouldn't have to do that if you leakfags would just be fucking patient. You guys weren't going out of your way to datamine any game previously, so why now? "OH I want to pre-prepare my team", then why not wait until the games are released, go on Pokemon-related websites that post Base Stats, and go on from there? Why do you absolutely need to do pre-team planning a whole month before the games are released? Especially when you STILL don't know the stats for the Pokemon you are trying to pre-plan for, so you are still going to have to wait anyway.

>Every single time with you blackoutfags you place all the blame on the fans
Because it is the fans fault? The fans don't spoilertag their thumbnails, the fans don't spoilertag when they talk about the leaked content, and the fans are the reason why the leaks are out in the first place because, fyi, SciresM and Kaphotics are Pokemon fans too.

>actual source of spoilers.
I am placing the blame on the source of the spoilers.

You shouldn't have to go on an internet blackout just to stay clear from spoilers for a fucking Pokemon game.
>>
>>29418349
Ah I thought you said "the anime" as in the Ashime
>>
>>29418324
>you can turn off thumbnails from /vp/

I completely forgot that. Not that I was hiding from spoilers anyways, I was just defending the fact that its hard. They revealed so many Pokemon that I didnt care abiout spoiling the last 10 or so

>>29418314
>>29418324
You mean /vp/, Youtube, Twitter, Imgur and KYM, and maybe Reddit? I have no idea how that site works. And Facebook, and all imageboards and boorus, as people are too lazy to spoilertag. Not to mention the people who go out of their way to post spoilers everywhere just to spoil for as many people as possible

I dont browse all of those but I imagine someone who does will be in a bit of trouble.
>>
>>29418353
>They shouldn't have to do that if you leakfags would just be fucking patient.

That's not how security works, stupid. 3DS games have been vulnerable to datamining and hacks for years, GF made the conscious choice to release a public demo despite the risks and half-assed the scrubbing process to make sure that nothing vital gets revealed.
>>
>>29418371
Ha, sorry if that wasn't clear. I haven't watched Ashime in a long time, I couldn't tell you what was going on.
>>
>>29418324
>>29418392
Hey /co/ spoiled a fuck ton too
>>
>>29418324
>hide from /vp/
>hide from /v/
>hide from youtube
>hide from any Pokemon forum
>hide from twitter
>hide from facebook
>hide from gaming news outlets
>do not search anything Pokemon related in Google or Bing
>hide from any art-related websites where you've seen Pokemon art

Good luck
>>
>>29418404
Also /v/, though nobody who browses there cares about video games anyways
>>
>>29418392
You have to be a retard to be spoiled on Twitter. Just follow the people you know won't spoil.
I don't browse reddit, but I imagine if you stay away from /r/pokemon you will do pretty fine.

Who the fuck browses Imgur and KYM? Even then isn't the whole idea of KYM to stay on top of current events?
>>
>>29418396
And why do you need the games to be datamined and leaked before you actually play them when you still don't have the information you need even after they have been fully hacked, stupid? Just to say "yay, we did it"?
>>
>>29418422
When you were typing this/ saving this pasta, did you actually think it was funny? Just curious.
>>
It was kind of nice having the central plot revealed earlier than say, RS or DP, which tried to keep the player in the dark for far too long, until the legendaries actually appear. But I really don't think the story itself was any more interesting or compelling.
The question of "should people own Pokemon?" was in theory and interesting moral dilemma... Except then you learn it was all just a ploy by Ghetsis, the Plasma grunts are just asshole crooks and N only believed it because he was mislead. So in the end, you're told owning Pokemon is fine, and the moral dilemma is gone.
This might have been one of the Pokemon games that would have benefited from multiple endings. But then GF would have more of a problem working around that for sequels.
>>
>>29418450
you seem triggered
it's normal when you're that underage and aggressive
>>
>>29418445
It doesn't what the intent is. GF knew that this was going happen because they went through the exact same situation two years ago with the ORAS demo. With this knowledge, not only did they choose to do a public demo release again they failed to double check and make sure that one of the most important things (art assets for all the new Pokemon) weren't in the coding. The onus is on them. You cry about the mean old dataminers as much as you want but you can't pretend that they aren't a part of reality. GF failed to properly mitigate a very obvious risk and it backfired,
>>
>>29417914
>I also had a full team of bros that I had used so far in the game, and one of them wasn't going to get fucked out of the "first game clear" credits just so I could use an overpowered dragon that I had no attachment to.
So true. I guess that's a downside to having the box legendary show up post E4.
>>
>>29418450
That's all the retarded Gen V haters in a nutshell. I doubt you can say you like ANY generation here without being called a kid or nostalgiafag by nostalgiafags and kids
>>
>>29418409
>hide from any Pokemon forum
I believe most pokemon forums don't allow leak discussion outside of designated threads, and are generally small enough to enforce this with good effect.
>hide from twitter
Just unfollow people you expect to leak datamine shit and you'll do fine.
>hide from gaming news outlets
Serebii doesn't spoil shit, and I'm 100% sure there are at least some general gaming sites with the dignity to not put spoilers in their thumbnail or article titles
>hide from any art-related websites where you've seen Pokemon art
Same as for twitter, just follow people you know won't leak spoilers

The question is not about "hiding from the entire internet" for a month, just hiding/blocking places/people you know might post pokémon stuff. And even if you want to discuss pokémon but not the datamine smaller pokemon forums tend to actually allow and such do that to some degree.

Sure it takes some effort, but it isn't impossible.
>>
>>29418134
It's so anticlimactic to have the main story end right before the 8th Gym. Like not even having it end before you fight the Champion, just ending it right before a regular old Gym battle.
>>
>>29418293
I dunno, I thought N seemed kinda messed up in the head from the time you got in the ferris wheel with him. It was clear he wasn't of the mental state to be the mastermind of the operation.
>>
File: despair but...png (33KB, 201x160px) Image search: [Google]
despair but...png
33KB, 201x160px
>>29418293
>grow to hate the guy because you think he's some pretentious snowflake who looks down on you
>find out he's actually just some reclusive autist who's literally never left his kindergarten safe space until recently despite being older than you
>>
>>29418549
And yet waiting till the end of the game to give you the box legendary has it's own shortcomings.
I think SM might have figured something out.
Because the box legendaries, and the UB are separate entities, you can easily continue the main story way beyond the capture of the box legendaries. At least, I hope that's the plan.
>>
>>29418512
>GF failed to properly mitigate a very obvious risk and it backfired,
And they shouldn't have to. Do you know how much time it takes to scrub data from a game, let alone how hard it is do so in a way where the game doesn't crash. You can never convince me the reasoning behind datamining a game before its release. It's ridiculous. YOU haven't even give me a just reason.

And then, even if you datamine the games, what is the point of sharing the information you acquired, knowing that doing that, you could be ruining the experience for hundreds of thousands of people. It's the 20th anniversary and the hype from Pokemon Go has reinvigorated interest in the Pokemon series which means more people are talking about it than before, so more people are vulnerable to the leaks. You are trying to push the blame on GameFreak for not being capable enough to hide every single tidbit of information in a demo they release for people to have their first look, gain further interest for the game, and get a feel for the game so the one month wait isn't as hard.

You are the worst kind of cancer in these types of gaming communities.
>>
>>29418508
Pretending to be retarded is a problem anon.
>>
>>29418535
What about Youtube or Google? The two places where you can get recommended results to leak-related content when you are just trying to rewatch an old SM trailer.
>>
>>29418630
If GF really cared all that much they wouldn't make a public demo in the first place. Just go back to XY and earlier and have demos at conventions and such.
>>
>>29418630
>Do you know how much time it takes to scrub data from a game, let alone how hard it is do so in a way where the game doesn't crash

If was too much effort for them to bother, then they should have either.

>released the demo at a controlled and limited physical event like with XY

or

>not released it at all

You can't say that making sure your content is protected from being spoiled is too hard but then also just throw it out there and cry when one of the most important parts gets spoiled. This was no minor thing that got left in there, it was the full color images of everything in the regional dex plus shinies.

I will say once again, they KNEW somebody was going to attempt to dig through their shit. It literally does not matter what the hacker's reasons are. If you know for fact that someone is planning to invade your home and don't even bother making sure all the doors or to call for assistance, then you're a massive idiot.
>>
>>29418322
N's room in BW2 is pure nightmare fuel. It makes it worse that HE won't even go in there himself
>>
>>29417806
I love how the game really make you felt everthing was on your hand alone. N had defeated the champion. He had legendary dragon with him, as well as whole army of team plasma. You however walk alone with your six mundane pokemon partners, your 2 friends try to stop you at route 10 but you know its your mission to stop N and nobody left to do it.
Also the part that all gym leaders except those 3 faggots came to help battle team plasma.
>>
>>29418706
They shouldn't have to be scared of releasing a public demo just because dataminers are assholes who leak content and don't care about the people who don't want to be spoiled otherwise.

It's even worse when one of the dataminers actually complains that people aren't giving him credit when they post leaked content. How pretentious can you be?
>>
>>29417806
Yeah, it was the best and then it ended with the greatest credit roll in pokemon history
It's a shame gen 6 failed to follow up
>>
>>29418660
As mentioned youtube is a problem, but not completely impossible. Simply don't watch pokémon related videos. And even if you absolutely have to then do it in incognito mode or through something similar. If you do that the chances of a pokémon video showing up in your recommendations is very low. But still that's just one site.

Just narrowing your search result when it comes to google helps a whole lot. The top results are usually bulbapedia, serebii and official sites, none of them posting datamine spoilers on their front page.
>>
>>29417914
These are the only complaints I had too, and trying to soft reset was a pain in the ass
>>
>>29418754
>They shouldn't have to be scared

You right, they shouldn't have to be scared. Do you know what logical people do in order in order to mitigate risk? They take proper preventative measure. They did this with the XY demo. Do you want to know which demo out of the three was the only one that didn't lead to a leak of crucial information? Take a guess.
>>
>>29418445
>And why do you need the games to be datamined and leaked before you actually play them
Because I wanted to see the new Pokemon ASAP. If you don't want to, that's your fucking problem.
>>
I didn't care for the story in BW1 very much. Then again I didn't like N very much ether, and he's like the core element of the story.
I thought he was okay at first, but to learn he didn't really have his own convictions and that his beliefs were just the result of Ghetsis raising him in an isolated, artificial environment, made me think a lot less of him. This was also lame because it totally invalidated the idea of freeing Pokemon for a good cause, which for a short moment, I thought was an interesting concept.
>>
File: red.jpg (17KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
17KB, 237x213px
>>
>>29418842

That moment loses all gravity when you see just how easy it is to curbstomp him.
>>
>>29418754
The dataminers themselves posts the information on twitter or pastebin for the most part, this case also one a youtube channel. Without any spoilers in the thumbnail or title mind you.

Change the blame to the other sites/people showing the information in your face with no warnings at all.

>It's even worse when one of the dataminers actually complains that people aren't giving him credit when they post leaked content. How pretentious can you be?
That was a bit petty but it was mainly because Verlisify previously had said that he wished he didn't exist, but now distributed the information to everyone for tht sweet $$$. In fact I'm sure Verlisify spoiled more people that wanted to avoid all datamined information than any of the dataminers themselves, with his obnoxious titles and thumbnails. If people like him actually had some decency then youtube would be safe to browse too.
>>
>>29418817
>Because I wanted to see the new Pokemon ASAP
Why though? You don't know the stats or movesets for them so even if you like Salandit2 you'll use it and then be hurt when it turns out it is shit. What then?
>>
>>29418814
>Do you want to know which demo out of the three was the only one that didn't lead to a leak of crucial information?
Not that anon but the XY had its own leaking problems so that was a bad example.
>>
File: 516db236zGgUR4q5.png (290KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
516db236zGgUR4q5.png
290KB, 600x510px
>>29418483
>Except then you learn it was all just a ploy by Ghetsis, the Plasma grunts are just asshole crooks and N only believed it because he was mislead. So in the end, you're told owning Pokemon is fine, and the moral dilemma is gone.

I've heard this argument brought up a few times but I don't believe it's entirely true. Yes Ghetsis was the mastermind and he brainwashed N by feeding him filtered information, but the abused Pokemon he gave to N were still abused by humans. There were and still are people out there in the Pokemon world who abuse Pokemon and don't treat them properly. Also it wasn't just N who wholeheartedly believed in freeing Pokemon, but there were quite a few grunts within the organization who didn't know about Ghetsis's shit and were behind N 100%
It's just that in your final battle with him N realizes that he is wrong, because he loses. You prove to him in that battle that a world with Pokemon and people working together is the true best end. Ghetsis being the true final boss doesnt really invalidate any of this afaic
which is why in BW2 N resolves to be the bridge between both humans and Pokemon to bring each side closer together.
>>
>>29418864
except the only thing that matters is the initial encounter. you never see it coming. you don't know what to expect.

you've been completely underleveld because of the shit kanto post-game. 100% no one beat him first try without knowing beforehand.
>>
>>29418902
that was for the main game, we're talking about demos

XY's leak actually wasn't GF's fault because those stores knew that they weren't supposed to sell the games so early.
>>
>>29418878
>Why though?
Why not? Stats aren't everything. Do you only check the design of Pokemon you will use immediately afterwards? Of course you don't. We all just want to see the new Pokemon.
>>
>>29418913

>Hard optional area
>Not expecting a boss

Were you new to RPGs? Plus, Red wasn't all that unexpected if you stopped by Pallet Town.
>>
>>29418878
What >>29418940 said.
Now let me ask you. Why is it such a problem for you? For what reason are you crying?
>>
>>29418912
>but the abused Pokemon he gave to N were still abused by humans. There were and still are people out there in the Pokemon world who abuse Pokemon and don't treat them properly.
I don't think there is a person in the Pokemon world who isn't aware of this unfortunate occurrence. But the fact stands that N only ended up the way he was because he ONLY saw that side of the relationship between other people and Pokemon. He was deliberately given access only to information that would make him into a pawn for Ghetsis. It's not an argument, it's the backstory to his character.

> there were quite a few grunts within the organization who didn't know about Ghetsis's shit and were behind N 100%
You really don't learn this until 2 though. In BW1, right before you fight N, you are given a tour of the Plasma castle. And every NPC you talk to seems to be chuckling to themselves over the genius of Ghetsis' plan, and how they take pleasure in taking Pokemon from other people. Two retroactively inserts the perspective of people who genuinely believed Pokemon were being abused, but It was far to late in the narrative to make it seem like these people existed in significant numbers.
>>
>>29418967
well, yeah. i got gold when i was 6. all i knew of videogames was some shitty space invaders knockoff on my CRT.
>>
>>29419014

That was the inner circle though. Every other Plasma grunt you met up to that point genuinely seemed like they thought they were taking some righteous path.
>>
>>29417806
Completely agree, it was a real bummer when XY was more DP2 than a successor of BW.
>>
File: 32598008.jpg (47KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
32598008.jpg
47KB, 600x600px
>>29419014
>But the fact stands that N only ended up the way he was because he ONLY saw that side of the relationship between other people and Pokemon. He was deliberately given access only to information that would make him into a pawn for Ghetsis. It's not an argument, it's the backstory to his character.

I know. But just because N was exposed only to the bad side of the human/Pokemon relationship, and not the good side, doesn't mean the bad side still doesnt exist. I know his information was filtered but that doesnt really invalidate it. It's just that N had to learn more about the good side of the relationship during his journey and his encounters with you.

And there were quite a few grunts throughout the entire game who are N fans and support his cause and believe it to be righteous. Even at the end in N's castle there were some grunt NPCs who were already preparing the arrival of a glorious new age, but there were also quite a few who were seriously asking themselves if a world without Pokemon was really the kind of world they wanted to make a reality
>>
>People seriously implying that BW1's story was good

Fuck off you underage Unovabortions
>>
>>29417806
>it's a "/vp/ feverishly sucks Gen 5 cock" episode
Must be a day ending in "y"
>>
Honestly, I don't remember much of it. I just remember there being some sort of thing where that ball in the second gym was actually worth something, something appearing after the E4. It didn't really have much impact for me.
>>
>>29419043
More like a RB3
>>
>>29417806
some people say BW1/2 were bad but honestly they were the last pokemon games i played before the 3ds came out and they were great

it felt much more difficult right out of the gate, i actually lost a couple of battles and i actually had to take the time to level and train my pokemon instead of half hazardly going through the game not caring about it

N was an interesting anti-villian antagonist, sure he was the antagonist but he didn't have bad character or ideals.

also team plasma was one of the most interesting evil teams, the whole midevil theme was kind of cool with the castle and such, and although i don't remember it too well i hear their battle music is awsome.

plus it had some of the strongest pokemon designs imo, it had animated sprites which were a great improvement imo, the only thing i DIDN'T like is gamefreak's classic feature ripping, i liked pokemon walking with you
>>
>>29418912
The problem is that the ending implies that a long as you're a good trainer then every pokémon will be by your side.
It acknowledges that bad trainers exist and is a problem, but it does not acknowledge that some pokémon would just want to be wild regardless of how kind the trainer is.
For someone like N that is supposed to be able to talk to pokémon and defend their site, this comes of as awfully naive.
>>
>>29418125
so then don't go to a pokemon active community when there's pokemon leaks?

like uh, do you have anything better to do? there's more games than pokemon you know.
>>
>>29417806
Why would you talk about BW1 but have a picture of BW2
>>
I like how they put the climax in the right place rather than right after the 7th gym badge.
You save the world and then just go back to collecting badges.
>>
>>29419187

That area only really has weight if the player played B/W first.
>>
>>29419168
I think it brought up somewhere that Pokemon and people are generally drawn to one another and want to work together in harmony and unison, and if a Pokemon didnt really want to be with a trainer it wouldnt appear to you.
Like Pokemon appear out of the grass because they want to try to connect with people
>>
>>29419132
It's my favorite episode
>>
>>29418228
Well there are dumb loyalists that attack gens after V with flaws CREATED by gen V so i don't know who's at fault.
>>
>>29419123
>I know his information was filtered but that doesnt really invalidate it.
That alone doesn't invalidate it.
It's the fact that once he becomes aware of the good side of relationships between people and Pokemon, he changes his tune entirely. That's what invalidates the world Ghetsis created for him. It tells us that if N wasn't isolated the way he was growing up, he wouldn't have come to the conclusion that people should not own Pokemon.
From a narrative stand point, that's like GF saying the only way someone would ever think that way, is if they weren't given all the information relevant to the topic. And I think that's a really unsatisfying way to end a moral dilemma delivered throughout a game's narrative.

I know they really wanted to make Ghetsis an evil mastermind archetype, pulling all the strings. But I think It would have been much more interesting if N simply came to the conclusion that people should not own pokemon, through living a life of his own design, and discovering things on his own. Discovering abused and exploited Pokemon with his own two eyes, instead of being handed them without context. It would make him seem like a much stronger character.
>>
>>29418353
Why do you look at thumbnails instead of the video?
>>
>>29419238
Well yes, all that was mentioned in gen IV, and quite honestly sounds like bullshit to prevent any sort of moral guilt.
With the ethics of catching pokémon being the main theme that BW's "deeper" story set out to explore I had some hopes that they would paint it in a more believable light. Instead I was disappointed that they just kind of glossed over pokémon wanting to be free, and you had to look back to the Canalave books for that "explanation" of pokémon only coming out of the grass to help you of all things.
>>
>>29417806
Ghetsis's fucking Hydreigon as well, holy shit. Especially if your only fighting type by then was Scrafty.
>>
>>29417914
You do know that you can refuse to let the legend in your team, right?
>HEY ANON LET'S FIGHT DRAGONS
>Fuck off N, I don't need that to BEAT YOUR SHIT UP
>>
>>29419255
>It tells us that if N wasn't isolated the way he was growing up, he wouldn't have come to the conclusion that people should not own Pokemon.

I don't think that it's not that he wouldn't have come to that conclusion, I just think he wouldn't have become such an extremist about it. Until now his world was basically cut into black and white so he only saw one solution to the Pokemon abuse problem (which was, you know, summoning ancient slumbering legendary dragons and making himself king of Unova and ect). If he grew up in a normal environment and saw Pokemon abuse casually he probably would have just become a ranger or something.

Ghetsis filtering the information to him is necessary because it makes him take extreme lengths to realize his goal.
>>
>>29418549
I like how you fight Lysandre 3 times all within the same general Team Flare event. Could have saved that for somewhere near the ending or something. And fucking Malva... What a mistake she was.
>>
>>29419344
Yeah, I know, but you're still forced to capture it and there is no denying that the fight against N is really built around you using your dragon.
I boxed Zekrom right away and that made the climax pretty much fall apart from a story perspective.
>>
>>29419421
>maybe she'll get an expanded role in the third version/sequel
>oh...
>>
>>29419320
A Samurott with Ice Beam/Blizzard also can ease the battle with his Hydreigon
>>
>>29418434
People who browse for laughs I guess? It has a comment system and you can sign up to both so I'd assume many?

>>29418409
You cant hide from spoilers showing up on the dashboard/homepage/etc of art websites.

The point is, that it is incredibly difficult to hide from every spoiler and thinking that it is easy is fucking dumb.
>>
I like RBY/FRLG Champion, DP Cyrus fight, and especially ORAS Epilogue May/Brendan the most for climatic fights because of the sense of bookends they all have
>>
The climax to BW was indeed masteful.

>Epic badge gate with the music build up
>Weaving through the inside and outside of Victory Road which is designed in such a way that you always see how much progress you're making towards the top instead of some abstract cave like other Victory Roads
>Getting to choose the orde you battle the Elite 4 (new at the time and great then but perhaps overstaying its welcome now).
>N cubstomps Alder
>Fucking castle out of the ground (if ou think about it, this part was rather stupid i admit)
>Sages surround you but Gym Leaders to the rescue
>Finding out N was just some austistic fuck to be pittied
>Epic dragon cutscenes.
>Ghetsis and Hydriegon being legitimately challenging.
>That fucking credit sequence.

Shame they fell short in BW2 despite it being an overall much better game. I do like that you can't capture the super powerful legendary until after the endgame and the only legendaries available normally are the Musketeer trio. Just like Gen 1 with the legendary birds. A nice proper way to do a throwback instead of just copypasting gen 1 stuff like XY does. But the problem in having to defeat Kyurem instead of capturing it comes from the fact that defeating one lone Pokemon isn't that hard. The real challenge comes from having to capture it (provided you don't cheese with the Masterball). I like how BlazeBlack2/VoltWhite2 gives Kyurem a Power Herb so at least its first use of its signature move will be devastating.

Also, since many others seem to be doing this, I want to address that shitting on Red's encounter in GSC accomplishes nothing. Both that and BW's climax are incredible.
>>
I lost my shit when N's castle rose out of nowhere
>>
>>29417806
I'm not gonna lie, having the game end on a situation that wasn't the champion was pretty fucking cool.
>>
>>29417806
>No pokemon game had an exhilirating, epic, and satisfying climax.

FTFY
>>
>>29418967
Not him but, although that's something that is totally true for RPGs in general, and Pokemon is an RPG, the fact is Pokemon doesn't really do that.

If anything, you should have expected a legendary pokemon, the surprise comes from the fact that you fight a super high level trainerfor the first time where the game doesn't make it explicit that there will be a high level trainer. (think Gyms, elite four, the champion, etc.)
>>
>>29417806
My favourite Pokémon game is that moment when you're against all the Plasma Sages and suddenly all leaders come to your aid. That was fucking radical.

BW had the best plot, even if I don't like the Dex much. I do wish Gen 5 had been a "reboot" of the series, maybe even a Kanto reboot? Just changing the scenario. Would have been baller.
>>
>>29419435
There's a way to do it without using the dragon. A good one, in fact.

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/single/?p=8732257&t=8716125

Look to the point immediately after he catches Reshiram. It's fucking perfect. He refuses to reenact the old legend, to destroy Unova as before. Instead, he chooses to free Reshiram - and, in doing so, save himself from the endless cycle of destruction that comes from an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. The dragons cannot defeat each other - but mortals are known for being dragonslayers.
>>
>>29417806
>Le Gen V is good meme
When will you grow tired of this blatant bait, /vp/?
>>
>>29419596

Actually, the underground castle was foreshadowed with the Ruin Castle dungeon way earlier.

>>29419774

Given that they tell you that Mt. Silver is reserved for only the strongest of trainers, it's not a full surprise.
>>
>>29420046
That's actually kind of how I perceived the battle, with "fuck this dragon and fuck this chosen one shit". Which worked pretty well until N pulled one last final monologue at the end.
>>
>>29420127
They did the same with Challenger's Cave in BW. A dangerous post-game cave only for the strongest trainers and rumored to have a legendary in it. The cave was filled with a whole lot of nothing.
>>
it was super epik indeed xD

wanted to let you know i really liked le badass dragon and wtf was the story theme even haha

i just like le badass dragons for the ftw (slang internet term for for the win, sorry for using so many for)

and basically lot of cool mons, like literally cool liek ice creams even if some mons were actual garbage but N is a cool guy

so he used a cool ice cream mon but also dark lucario (btw not a real lucario, an illusion, he actually used lucario's biggest enemy)

also this game had hmmm...

can i talk about this in here? o.O very mature themes sorry...

ok i will, these games had p*dophilia, h*mosexuality luna parks, tr*nsg*nders, bla*k people, war and

pokemon biting their trainers but also dangerous ninjas and wtf literally nazi scientist on space pirate ships like in those epik hollywood movies i watch and ughhh...

another super epic part was a mega castle coming from nowhere because just lol magic and no other reason haha and basically wow

wait...and hmmm...b**bs and hot girls with almost no clothes >.<
>>
my favorite part of these games was levelling up utter shimtons and ugly looking mons until level 50 and higher

hoping they get better but lol i got trolley'd everytime and they evolved into worse looking mons lmao

i got prank'd by nintendo again haha like that time i also bought the sequels that are not remakes btw ok?

you know i will be honest i fucking h*te genwunners and others gen because basically they ruined pokemon forever until unova was announced

people be asking me yeah no okay?!! what about the pwt?!!

truly ignorant and uneducated people...just because they used previous games characters doesn't mean it's pandering

btw trust me i'm not saying i liked those trainers because they used terrible pokemon from awful generations and not superior gen 5 ones

however i still think pwt was literally the number best feature and basically epik because recycled old sprites and therefore

their teams are super better and different from what a npc with same pokemon would have been

uh? did i tell you these games were like ultra technologic and basically a real future but in the present because lot of internet wifi features that were the post game?

that's right i liked this part because those mega funny games and apps reminded me of the facebook minigames hehe i'm sad they are not accessible anymore now whatever! :C

last thing, to the dumb people saying lenora was a bla*k...no! she is not, she was actually just tanned and covered in dirt because she is an archelogist stupids!

i rate those games epik / 100 but -1 point because luvdisc didn't evolve into alomololoma
>>
>>29420707
>>29420718
(You)
>>
>>29417978
Your fujoshit taste.
>>
>>29420736
she's right and you know it
you are just too shy to admit it
>>
>>29420799
Only right if you're an idiot. Which you seem to be.
>>
>>29420833
good thing vocal minority like you doesn't matter lmao
>>
>>29420854
Still being an idiot, I see. Well, I hope that works out for you.
>>
>>29420799
Don't try to argue with unovabortions, they will never admit their gen is shit and tryhard.
>>
>>29420912
Still way better than shitty Gen 6 lmao
>>
File: 86528.jpg (18KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
86528.jpg
18KB, 400x299px
God tier:
>B/W - N's castle
>GSC - Mt. Silver
>Platinum - Distortion world
> PMD2 -Temporal tower

Good tier:
>RBY - Kanto E4
>RSE - Hoenn E4

Okay tier:
>B/W2 - Plasma Frigate
>ORAS: Delta Episode
>HG/SS - Silver and Giovanni
>D/P - Spear Pillar

Why the fuck do you want me to care tier:
>X/Y - AZ and Floette
>>
>>29420970
I won't dissagree with that.
>>
>>29420985
If this is supposed to be a list of climaxes:
In that case move HGSS up to god tier with GSC, they didn't fuck up the Mt. Silver battle in the remakes
While not true for Platinum I would say that in DP the E4 was better than what went down at Spear Pillar, and would put DP- vs Cynthia in Good tier.
Also the climax of the Delta Episode when you're in space is at least good tier(would have been God tier if not for you one-shot'ing Deoxys), it's just everything else before that is shit.
>>
>>29420985
>Distortion world
I want to go back...
>>
>>29417806
Nah. N was a shit ""rival"", Ghestis was a shit villain, Plasma was a shit team, Alder was a shit champ and the music through all of it was lackluster and forgettable. Low tier climax.

t. someone who regards gen 5 as being one of the best
>>
>>29420985
It's hilarious, this list is almost perfectly upside down. Your God tier is full of nothing but absolute irredeemable trash.
>>
File: 1444418565695.png (168KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1444418565695.png
168KB, 624x352px
>>29419254
And I am not one to deny the flaws of V and the problems it caused despite that I think that it's better than the games that followed. Looking back on it now, as much as I loved it, Gen V was likely a mistake...
>>
File: Crushed Feels.png (252KB, 513x520px) Image search: [Google]
Crushed Feels.png
252KB, 513x520px
>>29420985
>AZ and Floette
What an awful climax. And the post-game shit just made it worse.
>>
Why don't the anti-gen 5 crowd ever have any actual arguments?
>>
>>29421816
Wena
>>
File: 1476156896211.png (43KB, 1170x1341px) Image search: [Google]
1476156896211.png
43KB, 1170x1341px
>>29419416
Really good point.
>>
File: 1477265178279.gif (773KB, 260x221px) Image search: [Google]
1477265178279.gif
773KB, 260x221px
>>29420707
>>29420718
(you)
>>
>>29419416
>Be Ghestis
>Have some retarded plan to "rule" Unova
>Raise son in isolation for years to make him an extremist sperglord
>One of my best buddy sages asks, "But what if that totally backfires?"
>I say "What?"
>He says...
>I say "IT'S NOT GOING TO BACKFIRE, DO YOU REALIZE HOW GOOD I AM AT BRAINWASHING PEOPLE"
Seriously, Ghestis' plan was fucking retarded.
>>
N was related to one of the previous hero-twins of Unovan myth and was able to understand pokémon, even talk to them.
What sort of odd power did the MC have?
>>
>>29427210
Nah man, he tried creating a "hero"

He literally wanted to brainwash everyone into giving up their Pokemon so no one could oppose him

And if they did, they would beat them as champion
>>
>forgetting to add that B/W had the WORST ever starters imaginable and that practically every pokémon was shit aside from a few gems like Axew and so on.
>>
>>29427523
I hated the starters but I liked almost everything else about the dex
>>
>>29417907
I got mad for a second
>>
>>29420761
I don't even particularly like N, but how the fuck can you defend XY when they managed to actually make a decent story in BW?

Oh wait, you're a fucking barafag.
>>
>>29427210
He was just really arrogant. He probably didn't think anyone could beat N when he had a legendary dragon. And even if they did, Ghetsis didn't think anyone could beat him. He did have that Hydreigon after all
>>
>>29418404
Don't even know what that board is bud.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.