[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 6 grass starter is a warrior >Gen 7 grass starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

>Gen 6 grass starter is a warrior
>Gen 7 grass starter is a archer
Will gen 8 grass starter be a mage to complete the trio?
>>
why is that the trio?

when Gen VI came out everyone said ninja-wizard-tank was THE trio. How many fucking trios are THE trio.
>>
>>29408690
Nah. It'll be a dancer

A lovely, feminine dancer to battle alongside Delphox and Poppmaid
>>
>>29408690
It will be a cleric to complete the holy trinity (Tank, DPS and Healer)
>>
That trio already happened. Sometimes an owl archer is just an owl archer
>>
>>29408722
Anon, the most classic of RPG classes are based around the Fighter/Mage/Thief combo.
That is to say a big beefy Melee fighter, a magic user, and a sneaky or distanced physical fighter who uses speed or dexterity rather than raw strength.

In Kalos we had Chestnaught as the Fighter, Delphox as the Mage, and Greninja as the Thief

In Alola they keep this similar thematics but use variants of those major classes.
Luchalitten is a Berseker (Fighter), Popadopilis is a Bard (Mage, as bards have always been some sort of caster since they were originally made an RPG class. Final Fantasy's original red Mage is based on Ad&d bards, for example.), and Seigiowl here is a Ranger (Dex fighter, so Thief.)
>>
>>29408837
It's possibly they were going for something like that, but it's just as easy to say there is no longer a theme since outside of Kalos there really aren't any overt themes for starters
>>
>>29408690
I imagine some kind of druid or shaman. You know like some kind of old magical forest guardian.

Maybe base it on a bear. The honey it eats gives it magical powers. Then have it carry a beehive "lantern" where it casts spells from.

Definitely Grass/Fairy with serious Special Attack.
>>
>>29408690
Don't forget, to keep up the pattern it'd also have to be a waifumon. I guess I could see a white mage/healer working for that, given the association with nature/healing.
>>
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-463348056
chump pls
>>
>>29409026
gtfo derpscum
>>
>>29408953
I think it'd make sense for a waifu grass starter to have an elf theme. It just feels right.

Maybe deers could be a good basis for it? The ears could be stylized to resemble elf ears, and the horns could grow to form a tiara like some fictional elves are depicted to wear. Maybe the final stage could be a white stag, with a black shiny because dark elves.
>>
>>29408912
>grass type special attacker
Lmao, it's like you want the poor fucker to never have a movepool
>>
>>29409250
>Implying that there exist a grass pokemon with a good move pool

It's a mage. It can't really be a physical attacker.

Give it Energy Ball/Giga Drain/Leaf Storm/New signature move and call it day.
Add Moonblast for some fairy STAB and Earth Power for some coverage.
>>
>>29409583
Nah, just give it Swords Dance, good speed, and it's set. Do birds strike you as a mage or as a close-combat warrior?
>>
>>29408837
so what's the third trio OP's talking about?
>>
>>29409648
lol
I was referring to OP's question about the gen 8 grass starter. Chesnaught is the warrior class of gen 6. Robinhoot is the rogue of gen 7. Gen 8 grass starter will probably be a mage, hence the druid concept.

As for Robinhoot
>Swords Dance
>Leaf Blade
>Brave Bird
>good speed
>Maybe Game Freak will bless with some bulk since it'll get Roost or Synthesis, if not both.
>>
File: lizwiz.png (10KB, 315x242px) Image search: [Google]
lizwiz.png
10KB, 315x242px
>>29408690
i work for china and can confirm it is a wlizard
>>
>>29409912
The third trio he's talking about is how the starters have shifted roles since Kalos.
In Kalos you had the Grass as the fighter, Fire as the Mage, and water as the Thief.

Now we have grass as the Thief, fire as the Fighter, and water as the Mage.

If this pattern continues into next gen, that would naturally make Grass the next Mage.
>>
>>29408690
I think Gen VII's starters compliment Gen VI's pretty well, at least from the interpretation of RPG classes.

Last gen we got:
-Knight/Tank
-Special DPS/Buffer Mage
-Thief/Physical DPS

This Gen we got
-Archer/Ranger
-Berzerker/Monk
-Healer/Defensive Mage

I'd say they're some of the best starters we've had in a while.
>>
>>29410006
I like it!
>>
>>29408690
Poppmaid is a Bard and Luchalitten is a Pugilist
>>
>>29408837
Nah man this theme is CIRCUS, hooded archer, wrestler and seal that balances shit
>>
>>29410728
>-Archer/Ranger
>-Berzerker/Monk
>-Healer/Defensive Mage

>not
>Hero
>Villain
>Maiden to be rescued
>>
People, Poppmaid is going to be a spoony bard.
>>
>>29413530
I'd spoon him!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.