[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, just how sentient ARE pokemon? Most of them certainly aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1b6e08423c4ea5daca336b17b19b6567.png (392KB, 1020x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1b6e08423c4ea5daca336b17b19b6567.png
392KB, 1020x1316px
So, just how sentient ARE pokemon? Most of them certainly aren't capable of human speech, and they mindlessly attack people in the wild...
>>
Pokemon that have been exposed to humans understand human speech and intention.

They're intelligence is more human-like than animal. Let me see if I can find a source for this.
>>
>>29407382
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_language

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talking_Pok%C3%A9mon

> While it appears that all Pokémon can understand human speech, very few can communicate with humans, except via body language.
>>
>>29407330
It's kinda hard to pinpoint. You have pokedex entries saying shit like how alakazam has a IQ of 6000 or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>29407330
It's not midless, it's revenge.
>A young man, callow and foolish in
>innocence, came to own a sword.
>With it, he smote Pokémon, which gave
>sustenance, with carefree abandon.
>Those not taken as food, he
>discarded, with no afterthought.
>The following year, no Pokémon
>appeared. Larders grew bare.
>The young man, seeking the missing
>Pokémon, journeyed afar.
>Long did he search. And far and wide,
>too, until one he did find.
>Asked he, "Why do you hide?"
>To which the Pokémon replied...
>"If you bear your sword to bring
>harm upon us, with claws and
>fangs, we will exact a toll.
>"From your kind we will take our
>toll, for it must be done.
>"Done it must be to guard ourselves
>and for it, I apologize."
>To the skies, the young man shouted
>his dismay.
>"In having found the sword, I have
>lost so much.
>"Gorged with power, I grew blind
>to Pokémon being alive.
>"I will never fall savage again.
>This sword I denounce and forsake.
>"I plead for forgiveness,
>for I was but a fool."
>So saying, the young man hurled the
>sword to the ground, snapping it.
>Seeing this, the Pokémon disappeared
>to a place beyond seeing...
>>
>>29407330
I think most pokemon are at least as intellegent as a human. They can understand human speech, follow orders, and think freely.
>>
>>29407330
They're nonsapient animals, yet Sinnohfags are degenerate enough to fuck them, which is hilarious.
>>
>>29407409

I always justify Alakazams IQ as him spending a ton of brain power on his powers.

Otherwise it makes no fucking sense. He's basically god.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.