[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Gen II have been nearly as fondly remembered if not for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: gold-silver.jpg (98KB, 470x235px) Image search: [Google]
gold-silver.jpg
98KB, 470x235px
Would Gen II have been nearly as fondly remembered if not for the Kanto postgame? If after the E4 there was only the other title Legendary's dungeon, a couple extra things here and there, and Silver Cave.
>>
>>29405606
obviously not
>>
File: 1 percent johto.png (5KB, 484x266px) Image search: [Google]
1 percent johto.png
5KB, 484x266px
No, because the main region itself is basically just Kanto but with an actual aesthetic
>>
>>29405606
No, and it's an incredibly stupid question.

>>29405682
/thread
>>
>>29405606
Still curious why we don't have more multi region games. It's almost like now that they've proven it's a massive success they want to completely forget about it and come up with something new. A three + region game would be the biggest selling game to date.
>>
>>29405836
Do you thick ass fuckers continually forget there is a finite amount of space on a game card/pak????
>>
>>29406816
There was when G/S came out too, cockmonger.
>>
>>29405708
Johto best region
/thread
>>
>>29405836
Even though people hate the whole put every region in the game thing which I understand, it'd be kinda cool if we could have two regions in each game or something. A main campaign that lasts until level 80 or so would be cool.
>>
File: image.png (346KB, 691x552px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
346KB, 691x552px
>>29405606
>/vp/ praises Johto despite going to Kanto being made the main draw of the game and Johto being a boring husk
>/vp/ shits on Kalos because it takes some scenarios from Kanto, meaning it must have zero identity
>>
>>29407076
they don't actually hate it they just feel it wouldn't be possible so hate on the idea not to get their hopes up imo
>>
>>29405606
Of course not the region itself was boring as absolute hell and still stands as the shortest game in the series.
Hell, people barely remember it anyway. The Mon all get lumped into the 150 the genwunners rage about because they think the johto portion of the anime was still the original.
>>
>>29405606
sun and moon is like gen 2 games.

but without a kalos postgame to redeem it.
>>
>>29406816
Sacrificing graphics might make it work. I would've happily taken Gen 2 graphics in R/S if it meant 3 regions. I'm no expert in how big each games file size was. Can anyone tell me the total memory used for G/S/C compared to R/S?
>>
not at all

A huge part of why most people give a shit about Gen 2 is because of the blowjob it gives to red & blue, one of the most requested features in Pokemon is still "a game with ALL regions" despite that becoming more and more impossible with each passing gen.

It introduces some nice mechanical features but for the actual playing experience, the main show is being able to go back to Kanto.
>>29407163
/vp/ is one of the few places I know of that regularly criticizes Gen 2.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.