[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're at the point where people whose first games were Gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: 1307988939692.png (58KB, 508x508px) Image search: [Google]
1307988939692.png
58KB, 508x508px
We're at the point where people whose first games were Gen 3 are around 20 years old and have to pretend that ORAS did their first video games justice. I genuinely feel bad for them. Imagine if the thing that got you into Pokemon, or video games in general, the cornerstone of your favorite hobby, got shitfucked the way ORAS treated RSE. That almost invalidates your whole gaming life. I'd defend it too, if those were the stakes.

Sorry Hoennbabbies. We may have our disagreements, but you deserved better.
>>
>>29399023
Thank you. That's all I ever wanted to hear.
>>
>>29399023
Funnily enough RSE was the only generation I didn't experience first hand firstly. I didn't even get a chance to play RSE until about '08 so it's a really weak generation for me in terms of nostalgia, can someone fill me in on how ORAS screwed up?
>>
File: mild bobby sauce.jpg (29KB, 285x294px) Image search: [Google]
mild bobby sauce.jpg
29KB, 285x294px
>>29399023
>mfw the thing that really got me into Pokemon was Gen 2 and I got HGSS

Hoennbabies got what they deserved.
>>
ORAS was fine
It definitely could've been way better
but it was fine
>>
>>29399023
>Imagine if the thing that got you into Pokemon, or video games in general, the cornerstone of your favorite hobby, got shitfucked the way ORAS treated RSE

Stop being so fucking dramatic. Why are Hoennbabies such pussies?
>>
File: b30.png (288KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
b30.png
288KB, 394x370px
>>29399023
But anon, my first game was FireRed.

I don't need to pretend that anything didn't ruin it because it was already an improvement on your first game
>>
>>29399199
>a Gen 3 fag trying to belittle an originfag
>>
>>29399199
>Ha ha, I've played less Pokemon than you. Aren't ypu jealous?
>>
>got into Pokémon with frlg
>already an upgrade of gen 1
>love xy
>love gen 1 pandering
>>
>>29399358
>implying that just because my first gen was 3 that I didn't play all the gens

I bet I've even played more spin-offs than you
>>
Genuinely happy I'm a 20 year old whose first game was Crystal.
Shit helped me learn how to read, and it got a great remake with HGSS.
Best generation.
>>
RSE were shit anyway. Hoennbabies should kill themselves already, they shit up every thread they enter.
>>
>>29399023
I've played since the RBY days but RSE were the games I enjoyed most as a kid. I was so psyched for ORAS, and actually insulted by its handholding and inferiority to Emerald. HGSS set an impossible bar for remakes.
>>
>>29399615
I also started with RBY back in the day. I really enjoyed RSE for a the contests and since then have been collecting every ribbon possible with my favorite pokemon.
>>
>>29399023
>Gen 3 fags completely missed out on Pokemania
>Cling to their games extra hard to convince themselves that they had just as much fun as Gen 1 fags in the golden days
>they know deep down they can never feel that golden feel
Truly, Hoennbabbies are worthy of sympathy.
>>
>>29399097
same boat
>>
>>29399094
Because it didn't have the battle frontier and allegedly made the games easier (it didn't).
>>
>>29399615
>HGSS set an impossible bar for remakes.
It really didn't. All they needed to do was mooch off of Emerald and round out the fucking square block everywhere into an actual 3D environment. Nobody would have been unhappy with that.
>>
B-but I've been playing since Yellow and I think ORAS was fine. It didn't have the Battle Frontier and did have the EXP. Share (which I didn't use), but it wasn't a horrible game. Stayed true to Gen 3 and I enjoyed the new things it did bring such as Sea Mauville. The Lati@s bit could've been done much better, but that's a nitpick.
>>
I mean, my first game was yellow, but I remember Silver much more clearly. My favorite gen was still 3. Hoenn just felt so comfy and I had really fond memories of it.

I won't say ORAS did gen 3 justice, because it certainly didn't, but it wasn't as bad as everyone was making it out to be.

My only major gripe was that they didn't improve contests enough. There was just so much room to expand upon it from gen 3, but they elected to make it super easy and basically play itself. I would have rather they made it multi-player, and make the first round of judging more interactive than just "who fed their mon the most pokeblocks". Make them act like EVs for battling, give certain species different IVs based on species for each category (i.e. Milotic has high Beauty IVs, Makuhita has high Tough IVs, Alakazam has high clever IVs, etc.). Then it would be a viable alternative to battling like it's depicted in the anime.
>>
My first Pokémon game was Ruby (So technically I'm a Hoennbaby? I don't know, I liked Gen 4 and 5 infinitely more.) and I hate ORAS. So
>>
I got Pokémon Blue when I was 6 years old and I quite enjoyed the remakes. I hadn't played RSE in years so it was just a nice nostalgia trip with new elements thrown into it 2bh. Don't see why they get all the hate
>>
>>29399757
This if they just remade emerald we wouldn't have all these arguments about it's problems, hell emerald was basically the best remake of RS.
>>
>>29399023
My first game was Ruby, and honestly ORAS was great. As a straight remake of them I loved all the little changes in the world.

And honestly the best fucking thing in the whole game is if you bring a pokemon from the original games to one guy he gives you that poster that says congratulations. It felt so good to get that for my blaziken after almost twelve years of having him.

Also the elite four intro rooms were fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1477273291163.jpg (27KB, 313x254px)
1477273291163.jpg
27KB, 313x254px
>>29399023
>tfw first Pokémon game was Sapphire
I started playing Pokémon later than most, despite growing up through the Pokémon craze of the 90s (but crazy Christian mom wouldn't let me play video games, especially Pokémon)

I know Ruby and Sapphire aren't the best, but holy shit ORAS was unbearable
>>
I'm fine with it, Emerald might have been my first, but I had more of a connection with the GameCube games, which will never be sullen with remakes.
>>
>>29399023
Hoenn baby here, oras was shit and everyone knows it. Was a hastily made remake that gimped the region. Hell, even delta episode was lame
>>
>>29399023
I liked them.
>>
>>29400000
>>29400076
2 kinds of people
>>
File: 1376265371669.jpg (40KB, 363x331px)
1376265371669.jpg
40KB, 363x331px
>21 years old
>Grew up on Gen 1 anime
>Didnt have a console until moved to North America

My first game was Emerald and it was the shit, even though I grew up with Gen 1.
ORAS was a worthy remake, although not perfect I had fun and it was a great homage.

Get bent and fucked sideways OP, I had a blast.
>>
>>29400821
>gimped the region
>when it's a one-for-one literal recreation of the region

ok
>>
>>29400000
And here's a prime example of the people OP is talking about.

Let go anon.
>>
>22 year old gen 2 fanboy here

I grew up on gen 1 and the anime. Gen 3 is my least favorite gen, but I think ORAS was fine. The only thing I thought was really dumb was how they let you skip half of the exploring by saying yes to "travel together"
>>
File: sablepipe.jpg (7KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
sablepipe.jpg
7KB, 250x236px
>>29400992
This. I missed the pokemon craze when I was young because of a bad experience, and when I decided to give it a shot in college everyone told me to play emerald. Not the Kanto or Johto games, Emerald.
>>
File: thumbs up north korea.jpg (167KB, 598x465px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up north korea.jpg
167KB, 598x465px
RSE was my gateway, and ORAS was okay for a filler.
Tbh my nostalgia's more Gen 4 centric, and I hope the hypothetical re:DPPt knocks it out of the park.
>>
>>29401801
>re:DPPt
>:D

Kill yourself
>>
>>29399023
> Imagine if the thing that got you into Pokemon, or video games in general, the cornerstone of your favorite hobby, got shitfucked the way ORAS treated RSE.

bretty overdramatic bro. And I already experienced this with the Sonic franchise.
>>
ORAS was good. i am an oldfag and think that way. the only problem with ORAS was that the frontier was missing
>>
File: no route gates.jpg (1MB, 6398x3041px) Image search: [Google]
no route gates.jpg
1MB, 6398x3041px
>>29401020
>it's a one-for-one literal recreation of the region

He's probably referring to features being cut like the Safari Game, or some interior locations like New Mauville and Granite Cave getting butchered, but really the whole region got gimped by the simple fact that they put route gates everywhere due to Gen 6's shitty engine.

Look at this map. This is a map of everywhere you can go in Hoenn without crossing through a route gate. It's completely free. But Gen 6's engine is a pile of dogshit and they had to add a route gate every couple routes. Sometimes they had to put route gates WITHIN single towns like Slateport. It severely hurts the flow of the region.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.