[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you picture the Pokemon franchise crashing and burning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (9KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 299x168px
How do you picture the Pokemon franchise crashing and burning to a horrid downfall?
>>
Sun and Moon
>>
>>29394933
they try to milk it too hard and we get something silly like two mainline games in a year
>>
>>29394933
it already has with Alola
>>
File: 131.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
131.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>29394941
>>
OP actually made this thread just to post this >>29394966
>>
>>29394933
I'm of the opinion it'll only start to die out when the original devs die, i.e. Masuda, Sugimori, etc. They have it on a pretty strong track even 20 years after inception.
>>
>>29394989
are you retarded?
>>
>>29394966
>being this triggered
>not knowing how samefagging works
>implying everyone likes Alola

You must be 18+ to post on 4chan kid
>>
>>29394933
Everyone on this board already has the concesus that the series crashed and burned with SuMo. Just read this thread if you want proof.

>>29395027
SuMo shills tylically are.

>>29394973
>>29394989
$0.01 has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>29395027
The only new IPs ITT are
>>29394933
>>29394941
>>29394960
>>29394973
>>29395005
>>29395047

The second one is me, memeing, so I know I didn't post it and the third one didn't have enough time to post. So the only other possibility is it being OP
>>
Kanto remakes that end up being much worse than ORAS.
>>
>>29395047
>Everyone has reached a concensus
Strawpoll or get the fuck out.
>>
>>29395047
>Series has crashed and burned
>Game not even out yet
>>
>>29394933
Switch to mobile only "games" and discontinued mainline.

Also pachinko.
>>
>>29394933
>no one buys the switch
>they don't bother making a mainline ios/android pokemon game after no one buys the switch
thats pretty much how i see it going down.
basically if the switch is much more than $200 pokemon is probably pretty much dead.
>>
When they listen to their "fans" and make an unplayable pile of shit.
>>
What is for sure is that Pokémon hasn't died yet. Maybe the franchise is already dying, but there's no way to know for sure as long as it's still alive.

If it is true that Sun & Moon are the end of Pokémon, then we will know soon enough: if the sale numbers are extremely and unexpectedly low. However, it looks extremely improbable for now; many adolescents and kids will buy it.

Here's the hard truth: the fact that old fans hate the new Pokémon stuff is NOT enough to say that the franchise is dead. In fact, it even doesn't mean anything for Nintendo, as this is NOT their main demographic with these games, at all.

So, how can Pokémon die?
Probably by being slowly forgotten by people with time, until new kids are not interested in it.

It could happen, but not in the following years, as I know for sure that today's kids are still interested by Pokémon, even though they were'nt even born when Ruby and Sapphire went out. Nintendo is good enough to recreate again and again the same hype in children's hearts.

Also, it is very important to note that Pokémon has an extremely strong japanese community. Even if the franchise dies in occidental countries, it will still be alive in Japan for a very long time. It is even possible that, if one day the sales are a failure in Japan, it will be enough for Nintendo to stop Pokémon completely, even if the sales are good in occidental countries. Will all know very well that Nintendo only cares about Japan.

As a conclusion, I don't see Pokémon dying in the next ten years, unless the creators WANT it to die. And the franchise could very well survive a lot longer than that, as it is not limited by aging technologies, unlike games like World of Warcraft, that will still have the same fundamental core.
>>
>>29395264
>the fact that old fans hate the new Pokémon stuff
>>
>>29395264
>Probably by being slowly forgotten by people with time, until new kids are not interested in it.
Here in the Netherlands (or at least Amsterdam) that's already happened. I don't see any younger kids with a 3DS let alone with Pokémon on it. I used to see a lot of kids with their DSes and even battled a few back in gen4, when it was still "cool".
>>
>>29395307
The current state of the franchise is probably different in each country. Here, in France, I know that kids from 4 to 8 are still passionate about Pokémon: the anime, the TCG, the figurines, and probably by the video games too, now or when they'll grow a bit. It honnestly surprised me when I found that out, but as a teacher, I'm well positionned to watch.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.