[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since all youtube reviews suck dick, can /vp/ give me a quick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1476946731989.jpg (1015KB, 1318x1460px) Image search: [Google]
1476946731989.jpg
1015KB, 1318x1460px
Since all youtube reviews suck dick, can /vp/ give me a quick (or long, if you want) summary of all the things you didn't like about XY's main story?
>>
File: 1467394926167.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1467394926167.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>29393622
boring as fuck
>>
File: Assholes.jpg (2MB, 3375x2754px) Image search: [Google]
Assholes.jpg
2MB, 3375x2754px
>>29393622
>>
File: 1477200845685.gif (24KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1477200845685.gif
24KB, 321x322px
>>29393622
>>
>>29393692
Literally the only issue, goddamn they were horrid.
>>
>>29393622

Compared to the awesome B/W story (awesome for a Pokemon game that is), XY's just seemed so lifeless. The Looker episodes were legit, but the main game story was shit compared to B/W.
>>
>>29393692
They could have been implemented and used a lot better. However I honestly did like the characters. I just feel they were horribly lacking in various ways.

If handled better, they could have been a lot more fun.
>>
>>29393799
Isn't Team Flare a bunch of guys that had to pay tons of money to join Lysander so that they wouldn't die from that flower cannon? Seems pretty hard to make a boring story with villains like that.
>>
File: 1462151709195.gif (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462151709195.gif
142KB, 500x500px
>>29393622
Not enough sex.
>>
Multiple parts where there could have been a Double Battle, but the AI calmly took fucking turns fighting me in Singles, or my """"rival"""" comes flying in out of nowhere and forces me to play Multis.
The fact that whenever Multis come up, I'm always offered a chance to back down and go somewhere else. There's no sense of urgency to what could have been a cool fight, and it fractures any sense that there is something I need to stop from happening. I'm supposed to be saving the world here, and everyone will calmly put their plans on hold and wait patiently until I'm ready for a shitty Multibattle of 6+3v1+1, or the occasional 2+1 in ORAS
Doubles are the best shit and I'm still mad we don't have a Doubles-only mode or game like Colosseum. The only good thing about AI Multis is I can spam Earthquake and Surf with impunity.
>>
>forgettable characters
>boring villains
>awful pacing

Honorable mention to >>29393692 these faggots because they were literally the worst characters ever. You could remove them all from the game and the story would barely change, if at all
>>
>>29393622

the backstory with the king and the floette and that giant dude and the flower death cannon is just so overwhelming. They try to spoonfeed you all of this information and it's not presented in a good way that makes it interesting to read through. I got so bored at some points I just started skipping dialogue because it never seemed to end. Half the time I had no idea what was going on storywise. That's never happened to me before with a Pokemon game.

The rivals were also annoying. They felt incredibly generic stereotypes. You had the fat guy who's not really good at anything. The quiet and reserved nerd who chooses not to compete with the real main characters. The preppy girl who just wants to have a good time with her friends. The "real rival" who claims he wants to beat you but just seems really indifferent the whole time.
>>
In addition to what others have said, Lysandre is just a villain whose motivations have literally no place in a Pokemon game. He hates humanity's evil nature and greed and such, but in the Pokemon world most people are happy, kind, and live in tune with nature and Pokemon. He wants to destroy most of humanity to solve the problems of overpopulation and scarcity, but those problems also don't really seem to exist in the Pokemon world. He's a character with a dystopian worldview that is living in an actual literal utopia. He can't even complain about those evil bastards in the evil team, because he IS the evil team. Would there even be ANY actual problems in Kalos if not for him?
>>
>>29394514
He wants to solve scarcity, but by his own statement the scarcity he wants to solve doesn't even exist yet.
He behaves as if he's remorseful about killing tons of people and Pokemon, sheds a tear, and at the final moments implies he intends to wipe out all of Pokemonity and leave humanity as the successors to a Pokemon-less world, so that Pokemon cannot be used as tools of war by the greedy/needy in times of scarcity (times that are obviously way the fuck away in the future).
He wants to nuke Kalos to prevent a war breaking out due to overpopulation and scarcity, when the time of that war isn't even visible on the horizon. He's basically just fucking guessing at when his dystopia might come to be, and wants to deploy his final solution before the problem arises.
He's actually fucking insane.
>>
>>29394603
Also, since he's responsible for many of the major recent technological advancements in Kalos, the main person moving the world towards the state he's afraid of is actually himself.
>>
>>29393622
A lot of great ideas, a lot of which work really, really well, but a story and characters that just feel soulless and odd, despite the grand scale of the plot.

Oh and also hand-holding. The most severe case of hand-holding in any Pokemon game.
>>
It was the exact same fucking "I'm going to summon the box legendary and use its power to take over the world" plot as every other game since RS.
>>
Xerneas and Yveltal are just glorified batteries and Shauna builds a friendship with Clemont and Bonnie that goes literally nowhere
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.