[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The Pokémon games are viewed as, I don’t want to say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 14

File: ohmorichan.png (168KB, 300x482px) Image search: [Google]
ohmorichan.png
168KB, 300x482px
>The Pokémon games are viewed as, I don’t want to say simplistic, but definitely a bit easier because they’ve traditionally been aimed at younger players. Assuming the franchise’s audience has expanded demographically, as players who grew up with those earlier games are now in their twenties and thirties, have you done anything with Sun and Moon that caters at all to players looking for more challenging gameplay?

>[...] That said, for all of the people who’ve been fans of the games over the years and continue to play it, we’ve kept them in mind. Rather than merely raise the difficulty or add other complexities, we’ve tried to keep things fresh by adding new game systems or changing the game systems and certain gameplay elements. Like changing the battle system, for example. A couple of the things we did this time around were, from the battle perspective we introduced these things called Z moves, which are super powerful moves you can use only once in battle. That’s going to dramatically change the battle environment for those players. Also, we have in the Alola region these specific regional variances of existing Pokémon. A lot of players from the original games will see their old favorites, but with new takes.

http://time.com/4536438/pokemon-sun-moon-interview/

And you said GF didn't pander to its older fans.
>>
File: 1380239505282.png (63KB, 311x250px) Image search: [Google]
1380239505282.png
63KB, 311x250px
>>29385271
>So instead of making it more challenging we made those gay looking moves
>>
>Rather than merely raise the difficulty or add other complexities, we’ve tried to keep things fresh by adding new game systems or changing the game systems and certain gameplay elements. Like changing the battle system, for example. A couple of the things we did this time around were, from the battle perspective we introduced these things called Z moves, which are super powerful moves you can use only once in battle

Yep, it's over. Ohmori totally adapted Masuda's retarded way of thinking. Pokémon will become easier and easier during the next 5 generations.
>>
>>29385271
Based.
>>
>>29385426
>next 5

Pokemon is over.
>>
>>29385271
>older fans
Gamefreak translation: genwunners
>>
>>29385426
>gen 4 remake
>volkner only has a single luxio to fight
>>
>>29385555
quads of truth
>>
>>29385589
>Cynthia has 4 Pokémon
>Each with 3 moves
>>
>>29385271
Is it that fucking hard to implement an "experienced" mode with today's technology?
>>
File: 1468283379985.jpg (65KB, 443x726px) Image search: [Google]
1468283379985.jpg
65KB, 443x726px
>>29385271
>we made alola forms for you guys!
>8 pokemon
w-wow...thanks...
>>
>>29385684
Its not hard. They're lazy and give no fucks because cucks line up and buy the game anyhow.
>>
So does this confirm Challenge Mode never again?

>Next games include an Easy Mode
>But no Challenge Mode
>>
>>29385716
How much easier can it get? You start with six pseudo legends and every trainer has a single unevolved mon?
>>
>>29385684
This. So many fucking JRPGs have different difficulty modes to satisfy both newcomer and veterans, yet GameFreak is yet again too lazy to implement this.
>>
>>29385747
Why do they even bother with an in game story anymore? Their heart is never fucking in it. Why dont they just make a fucking battle sim then the lazy fucking japs.
>>
>>29385747
please understand
>>
>>29385271
bump
>>
A notable easy series intended for casuals, kids, some normies and girls isn't going to be hard.

Also they must think because black and white sold less, they won't bother with it.

I never found pokemon red or blue to be hard only moderately at times. Didn't help most used the cheats and glitches to make the game even more easy either.
>>
>>29385426
>Ohmori totally adapted Masuda's retarded way of thinking
And there were people on /vp/ that actually thought Ohmori would save the franchise, specially after ORAS.
>>
>we've kept veterans fan in mind, but then again we haven't lol enjoy your disposable gimmicks, have these nostalgic new forms of gen 1 Pokemon and shut up
>>
>>29385271
>A lot of players from the original games will see their old favorites, but with new takes.

Confirming the regional variants are just genwunner pandering, then? Good to know what direction this series is taking. Really classy stuff.
>>
>>29385684
Dude you don't even know. They have train all of those pokemon of those npcs up to higher and higher levels for each next difficulty. And then they have to grow all of those berries and bring their evs back down to 0. Either that or they have to walk them in the pokewalkers or drop them off at daycare. Do you know how much pokewalkers cost nowadays? And that daycare skank isn't cheap either. Do you think GF is made of money?
>>
>>29385737
>Everything gives out twice the EXP and cash
>Everyone only has a single mon with 1-2 attacks, mostly stuff like tail whip or other stat lowering, but non-damaging move.
>You auto recover all HP and PP after each battle
>>
File: IMG_8991.gif (844KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8991.gif
844KB, 480x270px
>>29385630
>all of them are healing moves
>>
>>29387826
>That sharp decline with B&W2 being the worse selling mainline Pokemon game to date, with B&W being sub-par at best
I can tell why they don't want to bring ANYTHING back from Black & White 1&2 now just looking at the numbers. Holy shit why did so few buy it?
It was because of piracy + emulation wasn't it? I know that's why I never bought ether...
>>
>>29385271
"online battling is good enough for you, you don't need any compelling places to explore or cool facilities to battle in."
>>
I'm getting too old for this shit. I thought their streamlining in gen 6 was a sign that they might be modernizing the series but apparently not. Between the increasingly gimmicky designs and masuda's successor still being a fag I think I'm done after SM. Not worth buying a new system.

I'm just amazed there somehow still isn't a decent competitor. Everything is console exclusive and yokai watch has even more gimmicky designs than pokemon. How the fuck has no indie team made a non f2p pokemon clone yet?
>>
>>29388243
>How the fuck has no indie team made a non f2p pokemon clone yet?

If you think like that, then why aren't you surprised people from this place just don't gather together and try to make the pokemon killer?
Answer: it is not that easy to come up with good designs and a good gameplay system. Besides, most dev teams just want to make quick profit.
>>
>>29388243
>yokai watch
>>
>>29385271
>Rather than make the game more challenging we added a new win button to guarantee a OHKO on whatever mildly challenging boss pokemon might be thrown at you once every 3-4 gyms.
>also we added new pokemon but they're also gen 1 pokemon with a coat of paint so we can get that genwunner/pokemon go audience

t-thanks
>>
File: difficulty modes.jpg (142KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
difficulty modes.jpg
142KB, 500x500px
>That’s something we never want to change, because if we simply made it more difficult for veterans, we’d simultaneously make it less approachable for newcomers.

Well geez, ain't that a conundrum. If only video game developers had figured out a solution... oh well, maybe someday.
>>
>>29387939
B-But Masuda was controlling everything from behind!
H-he didn't let poor Ohmori-san add the things he wanted to!!!
>>
>>29385271
>there are people in this thread that somehow thinks that pokemon will ever be a hard game
Have you ever seen a game for kids with difficulty settings that were actually hard?
>>
>>29388309
Ita not really designs or gameplay systems. A lot of it is brand identity. Pokemon ia held up by its identity. Do you think anybody cared about Go when it was Ingress?
>>
JUST ADD FUCKING DIFFICULTY OPTIONS, YOU GRADE-A-RETARDED CHING CHIONG
>>
>>29388378
GF is literally retarded.

There's no way a developer in charge of a franchise this big can be this incompetent.
>>
>>29388135
More like too radical. Piracy alone isn't just the problem which is a small one imo.

Too many new pokemon or the modes probably did it in. Most people want their old favs in.

The merch also underperformed.
>>
>>29388243
Digimon came out around the same time, mostly by mistake, and Bandai both then and now couldn't think of a way to sell nor market it to 'beat' Pokemon, at it's lowest, or highest.
Bandai-Namco accepted defeat so hard, they just felt like making a Pokemon fighting game would do them far better then attempting to 'beat' them with Digimon anymore. and even then the last few Digimon games have been crap to boot, worse off then Pokemon if you can fathom that.

Also, remember Metabots? how about Robopon? Maybe even Monster Rancher? Or any of those other 'collect things from your foe RPG's' from that era? People have TRIED. Oh god have they TRIED, to mimic, steal, or outdo Nintendo's pokemon at their own game and gimmicks...but even when it was NEW it was already far too late.

Even Yokai Watch, for it's 15 minutes of fame it was able to gander doing Pokemon's dryspell between B&W2 and X/Y, later learned with it's second game how quickly that well drys up, and how shitty it is fighting the big man on the block, even at it's worse.

Taking down Pokemon isn't just something that will 'happen', hell, at this point the only thing that WILL kill Pokemon is itself by neglect. Pokemon is WoW levels of big.
>>
>>29388589
Again, they are aware of difficulty settings in RPGs, they just don't care. These games will sell regardless, so why should they bother investing time in creating difficulty settings?

Note that I don't defend GF here, I'm just explaining what's going on inside their autistic heads.
>>
File: 1476475090077.png (94KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
1476475090077.png
94KB, 600x525px
>>29385271
>Rather than merely raise the difficulty or add other complexities, we added braindead OHKO moves and butchered your old favorites

Gee thanks
>>
>>29388135
Genwunners going ballistic and the end of the DS' lifespan made it sell worse than DPPt
>>
File: 528.jpg (84KB, 499x283px) Image search: [Google]
528.jpg
84KB, 499x283px
>Ohmori: First and foremost, as you pointed out, with the Pokémon games we always want to focus on newcomers.

>tfw my friends that grew out pokemon were right
fuck Ohmori, fuck Masuda, I'm not buying SM
>>
>>29387826
>A notable easy series intended for casuals, kids, some normies and girls isn't going to be hard.

Nobody said they want it to be hard. They just don't want it to be even easier. The standard are the Pokemon games themselves.

They were always for kids. There was no reason to make them easier before, and there isn't now.
>>
>>29388135
So, how many copies did they sell?
>>
>>29388135
No, it was because the game was released at the end of the DS' life cycle with B2W2 being released after the DS was practically dead. Plus, they hadn't gone overboard with marketing either.
>>
>>29388135
BW was shit for multiple reasons. Story was obnoxious, pokedex was shit, among many other problems. Difficulty settings didn't add shit to the game, the game was still easy.
i prefer them to add more actual content to the game, and I add my own challenges that makes the game just the right amount of difficulty and be done with it.
>>
>>29388804
>they hadn't gone overboard with marketing either.
>he didn't saw the anime teaser
>>
>>29388765
Normies want it easy. The vast majority of people play easy mobile games.

I don't think it got easier, considering trainers having one or 3 pokemon in their team is common in rby.
>>
I hope SM fucking bombs hard.

"Veteran fans" does not mean genwunners who want to have half the dex be Gen 1 mons so they can wank to nostalgia, and young kids are not as retarded as they think. They need to be punished hard for these stances they are taking, for shitting on their own fanbase.
>>
>>29388795
Sales are not classified information, you can literally get their official sales info on Nintendo site.
>>
>>29388619
>>29388737
The worse part? Still in the top 15 of the highest selling DS games, only beaten by OTHER POKEMON GAMES AND MARIO ( Brain Age and AC as well I guess ).

I love how Yokai Watch claims to be highly popular, when none of it's games can even break 4.5mil, just under HALF of the WORSE selling Pokemon game. It really is WoW levels of insanity as nothing can touch it even when it does shit the bed hard as hell.
>>
>>29388847
It was already easy. Not even normies found it hard. Making it easier just makes it more boring for everyone involved.

Yes it did get easier.
>>
>>29388765
>They were always for kids. There was no reason to make them easier before, and there isn't now.

They're making them easier because Gamefreak believes that with all these shitty smartphone games, kids would be more likely to 'give up because it's too hard' should they have retained the difficulty and not made it easier. I don't like it either.
>>
>>29388625
>but even when it was NEW it was already far too late.
Maybe pokemon's increased presence can actually be an advantage though. You shouldn't try to kill pokemon, you just have to siphon off some of the fanbase they're alienating by being lazy faggots.

As for all those previous competitors I think a major factor is that pokemon's formula is just better than theirs. Pokemon is more focused on battling/collecting/exploration, there's not as much virtual pet management. I think pokemon clones need to rip off pokemon much more closely.
>>
>>29388895
Not for everyone. Only a vocal minority,mwhen the easier games outsold black and white.

They decided black and white and it's formula to be avoided, kinda like wind waker.
>>
>>29385555
THE QUADS HAVE SPOKEN
>>
>>29388944
Are you implying Black and White was hard?

It was the easiest game of all when it was released.
>>
>>29385373
You're gay!
>>
>>29388850
>young kids are not as retarded
You would be surprised. A lot of kids doesn't even play the games anymore, they just watch someone play the game on youtube.

>veteran fans
You can't get more veteran than gen1. With the celebration of the 20th anniversary, it only makes sense that they prioritize giving something for gen 1.
>>
>>29388135
muh no old pokémon
>>
>>29388962
Vp thinks so and most casuals not me.

Pokemon will never be ultra hard.
>>
>>29388962
this, I remember when black and white were released everyone on here was complaining about how linear and simplified they were compared to the older games, plus the almost blatant lack of effort put into them overall

>DANCING FOR NO REASON
>>
>>29388861
Okay, just checked the sales data and it seems like 15,6 copies were sold. How is this disappointing? R/S barely sold more.
>>
>>29385684
One that is actually well balanced unlike at least 80% of JRPG difficulty modes including BW2's options? Apparently so.

>>29388962
>people actually think the easiest games aren't the original RGB and XY

BW's still easier than any of the Gen IV games and almost as much as XY, but people act like it's actually hard because the only reason people care about difficulty in these games is it's a meme.
>>
>>29388872
Yokai Watch was highly popular for a short time, a lot of people viewed it as a very succesful series because of how fast it grew.
>>
>>29389013
Check B&W2
>B&W was sub-par
>B&W2 shit the bed by a large margin.
>Still outsells any clone attempts by an even LARGER margin.
>>
>>29389013
Now look at the amount of DS consoles sold and compare to any other handheld.
>>
>>29388976
>A lot of kids doesn't even play the games anymore, they just watch someone play the game on youtube.
So that South Park episode was accurate, huh.
>>
>>29389050
B&W2 sold 8,5m copies, which isn't too bad either
>>
>>29385271
"Pokemon isn't getting easier" fags BTFO.
>>
>>29388920
What retarded reasoning, these kids have already sunk 200 bucks into a 3DS and I doubt they're buying it just for Pokemon.
>>
>Like changing the battle system, for example. A couple of the things we did this time around were, from the battle perspective we introduced these things called Z moves, which are super powerful moves you can use only once in battle. That’s going to dramatically change the battle environment for those players

THEY ARE JUST SHITTIER GEMS

HOLY FUCK NO ONE IS GONNA BE USING THESE THINGS OVER A LIFE ORB OR A CHOICE SCARF

The worst part is that these retarded chucklefucks actually believe Gems 2.0 are on-par with megas and will make shitmons viable because apparently no one at Gamefreak also realized good Pokemon can also use Z-moves.

>Also, we have in the Alola region these specific regional variances of existing Pokémon. A lot of players from the original games will see their old favorites, but with new takes.

And by a lot we mean absolutely nothing but genwunners who fucking hate regional variants because they are raping their childhood.
>>
>>29388066
If you're about o lose a battle opposing trainer will heal you up while beating their own pokemon up.
All your pokemon now have level 100 stats from start to finish.

The game has changed, it's not about winning anymore, it's about finding a way to lose.
>>
>>29385426
>Ohmori totally adapted Masuda's retarded way of thinking.

This is probably the thinking of the whole studio.
>>
>>29389153
You know that they want to retain their playerbase, right? If the kids buy the 3ds, and then buys the game, and don't like it, they probably won't buy the next console, much less the next pokemon game.
>>
>>29388943
Robopon tried to copy pokemon's formula more directly, but suffered from being plain ugly as well as the other versions not being released outside of japan for the first generation, and the second generation getting barely any advertising
>>
>>29389153
>these kids have already sunk 200 bucks into a 3DS and I doubt they're buying it just for Pokemon

If we're talking kids here, I sorta doubt that the kids themselves paid for the 3DS, likely an adult got it for them, that aside I'd agree, it's retarded especially since other games for the 3DS can be, and are much harder than Pokemon, and with many of them you don't see the devs going 'oh well, looks like our games are too hard. next release we'll make sure we hold the player's hand all the way through!'
>>
>>29389248
Even fucking Mario is harder than Pokemon and later Mario levels can be pretty unforgiving especially for kids. What kind of reasoning is this when Nintendo churns out Mario games like crazy?

Seriously, why even attempt to compete with mobile games? People who buy handhelds aren't looking for the next iPhone.
>>
>>29389275
>implying Mario hasn't been getting easier in past years too and people haven't been complaining about it

Zelda and Kirby have gotten easier, too. Yes, somehow even Kirby has gotten even easier. Except most of its fanbase is fine with that because it's never been hard anyways.
>>
>>29389275
Exactly, they're too very seperate demographics, in my opinion. A developer shouldn't be designing a game for a 3DS, in fear of competition from some shitty free to play iPhone app. It's like owning a plumbing company and being worried the electrician down the street from you is going to put you out of business. They're different niches.
>>
>>29389275
>People who buy handhelds aren't looking for the next iPhone.

Not sure I get what you're saying here, but it's been proven how the dwindling sales of the 3DS so far that that's incorrect.
>>
>>29388976
>With the celebration of the 20th anniversary, it only makes sense that they prioritize giving something for gen 1.
That would be fine if they didn't ALREADY suck Gen 1's dick in X and Y.
>>
>>29389333
>they're too
jesus, I meant two
>>
>>29389322
>Except most of its fanbase is fine with that because it's never been hard anyways.
Are you implying Pokémon games have ever been hard?
>>
>>29389345
With what? Megas? I think every gen got at least 1 mega.
>>
>>29389373
Not him but I don't think he's implying Pokemon was 'difficult' in the earlier gens, I think what's referred to by 'difficult' or 'hard' is mainly taking into account that with the later generations, seemingly after generation IV the game got a lot more hand-holdy, and linear. It seems like everything it just handed to you, exp share, legendaries etc. In terms of effort, getting a specific item in the later gens when compared to the older ones is incredibly simplified
>>
>>29389385
Santalune Forest is literally just Viridian Forest, your first wild encounter on Route 2 will ALWAYS be a Pidgey, and Charizard and Mewtwo got two Megas. That's it.

Personally, while I wasn't bothered by it, the Lucario "dicksucking" was far more egregious.
>>
>>29388135
What the fuck are you talking about? Crystal, Emerald and Platinum all sold worse than BW2.
>>
>>29389373
No, I mean to imply the Kirby fanbase is more in tune with reality than the Pokemon fanbase.
>>
>>29389460
You know that Charizard and Mewtwo getting 2 megas has nothing to do with genwun pandering, right? They are just pokemons that sells, this is the same reason they are in smash, or do you think that Pikachu merchandise is genwun pandering?
>>
>>29389527
>They are just pokemons that sells
because they are icons of gen I
>>
What I don't get though is why EASIER.
When we were small we could handle the game, so why do GF think all of a sudden this game is too hard for the young players?

Proof the world is getting dumber? I don't get the point of dumbing down something if your target audience has always been the same damn age.
>>
>>29389527
I know, I'm saying there really wasn't much, but that's why people think it.
>>
how many years will I have to wait for a blaze/volt quality hack
>>
>>29389527
Just like gardevoir, Gardevoir gets a reprint in ptcg every other set.

>>29389556
They are the icons of Pokemon as a franchise, not just gen 1.
>>
>>29389594
There'll probably be one by the time the game is on shelves officially.
>>
>>29389576
They explain that difference.

In their argument, it's how accessible technology has become, how anyone now has a smartphone with hundreds of free entertainment options at their fingertips, that now holding the attention of a young kid is considerably harder.
>>
Why does Tajiri never get blamed for anything when he runs GF?
>>
>>29389011
BW2 faggot
>>
>>29389686
Because when he ran it everything was booming
>>
>>29389686
Tajiri doesn't run GF. He founded it, yes, but he hasn't played an active role in the development of the games since GSC
>>
>>29389773

He's their CEO IIRC.
>>
File: 1333180418655.jpg (28KB, 225x315px) Image search: [Google]
1333180418655.jpg
28KB, 225x315px
I never get tired of seeing these shitstorms prior to every generational title release since Gen IV.
According to the internet, I have witnessed Pokemon die 4 times now.
>>
>>29389781
Are you implying that the CEO actually does anything?
>>
File: tajiri role.jpg (164KB, 678x620px) Image search: [Google]
tajiri role.jpg
164KB, 678x620px
>>29389781
Maybe. But when it comes to the games' development he's only been an executive producer for a while now. Now, maybe he's more involved than I think he is, but my guess is that he just lets his minions do as they please.
>>
>>29389848

Yes.
>>
At least the plot shall be good....
Or the level design ..
Fuck off, another push over
>>
>>29389728
Which isn't that hard either unless you play Challenge mode, which is a bitch and a half to get.

And it's almost just as linear.

>>29389809
Just gen IV? I remember gen III getting this treatment too. The only reason II escaped it at the time was because new Pokemon was viewed as a hype thing. It still had plenty of detractors.
>>
>>29389881
>implying the CEO actually does anything
>>
>>29389968

>Implying they don't.
>>
>>29389879
Unrelated but I didn't know GF was the developer of Pulseman. I loved the shit out of that game.
>>
>>29390061
Rotom is a tribute to it actually.
>>
>>29390073
and Ledian and Volt Tackle and other things
>>
>>29389337
You're mixing up issues. Yes, phones have taken away purchases from handheld, but here's the thing, it's because phones themselves are much convenient. Even if you make handheld games easy like mobile phone games, you're still trying to court a different audience, because the issue isn't so much the game itself, but the accessibility of the games. Everyone's going to have a phone with internet anyway. It being able to play games is more of a bonus, an afterthought. People don't buy phones to play Pokemon Go. Meanwhile, for handheld, you need to get it specifically for the game you want to play.

No doubt there'll be overlaps in target audience and newer Pokemon games being easier will provide the incentives for them, but by the end of the day, most people (i.e. casual gamers) aren't going to specifically buy an additional console just to play it on their downtime (while travelling to work etc) when they already have a phone to do that for them. Because here's the thing: for them, they just need a time killer, not dedication, so lowering the difficulty of the game alone isn't going to convince them enough to buy the handheld when they're already happy with the phone.
>>
>>29389879
The tone morphed post gen 2. Even redid the engine.
>>
>>29385271
Fuck.
>>
>>29385271
>Our fans complain the games are too easy
>So we added super powerful moves that make the game even easier
>Also the AI never uses them lol
>>
Gamefreak's logic:
>more kids are playing mobile games because it's easy to download and start them
>therefore, to hold the attention of children, our games need to be easier

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. If anything, making something too easy makes it more boring, not less boring. why do they think "press a to win" is going to hold kid's attention? the mobile market is flashy, accessible and micro-transaction based, being easy is besides the whole point.

They are SO incompetent.
>>
>>29385271
>>29385426

>b-but Ohmori was only being held back by Masuda.

Fucking Kalosperm and their delusional ways of thinking.

Mama always told me to never trust a non-smiling man.
>>
>>29385271

Except the older games were way harder so how is that pandering to them?
>>
>>29388135

but BW2 sold the 2nd most out of all the "third" versions, so technically, it'd make more sense to do things that BW2 did, instead of running as far away from it as possible.
>>
>>29388765
> you were once a tiny childrens and beat pokemon all buy yourself, without online guides or even official guides
> you will never really feel that sense of accomplishment again bc gamefreak is gimping a series bc muh mobile gamu
who /suicidal/ here?
>>
File: 14747846542468.jpg (474KB, 1052x1294px) Image search: [Google]
14747846542468.jpg
474KB, 1052x1294px
>>29385271
>this bozo is now in charge of Pokemon
Who's with me bros? Enough is enough.
>>
>>29394544
god, his souless, emotionless stare is scary.
>>
This is just sad.

Its even worse when you thinka bout how Yo-kai Watch - whether you think its shit or not - goes into the opposite direction

>actually challenging
>Yo-kai are following you in 2 and 3 just like Pokemon in HGS
>lots of post game stuff
>2 regions in 3rd game
>Bigger game with each installemnt

Meanwhile Pokemon gets easier and reduces post game. Why?
>>
File: 1459150570777.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1459150570777.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>29394563
His mind is as vacant as his expression.
>>
File: 143656565656.jpg (21KB, 236x281px) Image search: [Google]
143656565656.jpg
21KB, 236x281px
>>29394574
>>
>>29394579
I still can't help but laugh at this.

I fucking love this meme. Thank you /pol/
>>
File: 1474184161600.jpg (83KB, 563x499px) Image search: [Google]
1474184161600.jpg
83KB, 563x499px
>>29394732
>meme
this is real life motherfucker
>>
So does someone know what's up with Tajiri? Doesn't hear from him a long time.
>>
>>29385271
This is the biggest slap in the face to old fans they could've give

Way to celebrate the 20th annivesary?
gen one pandering with Alola forms, Alola dex full of kanto mons and Oak clone
Gen 2? Fuck you
Gen 3? Fuck you
Gen 4? Fuck you
Gen 5? Fuck you?
Gen 6? Well you get many gen 6 features, Zygarde and Sina and Dexio but you were BTFO with no Z/X2Y2 so that nullifies the result

Apart from that enjoy even easier games and Z-moves that no one wanted and nobody likes
>>
>>29395026
Plus Kalos already was gen one pandering to the maximum
>>
>>29394747
But anon real life is the biggest meme
>>
>>29394984
He's credited as Executive Producer for every game since D/P which makes me think he doesn't really work as a game dev anymore.
>>
>>29395871
Probably just getting the $$$
>>
>>29388633
they could just make a dlc dificulty patch for those who want it for 5 € or so.
>>
>>29395871
>>29396479
Actually, in Japan, game producers are more heavily in control and involved with the game's development than producers in the west.
A Japanese Executive Producer would be more analogous to a western Executive Director in scope of what they are providing to the game.
>>
>>29385271
wtf i hate ohmori now
>>
>>29387826
>I never found pokemon red or blue to be hard only moderately at times.

I started playing Pokemon at G/S so I fit the profile of playing it as I got older and I fell for the "YOU JUST GOT OLDER!" meme thinking it was true.

I'd never played R/B until I downloaded it on my VC and holy shit, it's even harder than I remember G/S being. It was actually a bit annoying at times, I figure this must be what ROMhacks are like.

Either way, don't fall for the Correlation == Causation jew. The games have literally gotten easier and Masuda has said it in multiple interviews. He's also admitted that R/B wasn't made with kids in mind.
>>
>>29388813

Most people couldn't even set the difficulty settings because it required a retarded friend/key system to unlock it.

I love Pokemon, I'll buy Sun and I'll always buy Pokemon games but if there's some way to get our voices heard just for a more difficult mode I'd be the first to help spearhead it to GF's attention. I love Pokemon and want to savour the games, playing through OR/AS was easy and I didn't even try, I'm not even a competitive battler and set everything I could against me (Exp share off, Battle mode to set instead of switch etc.)
>>
>>29394984

I heard someone ask this at a Q&A with GF in Japan. They mentioned that he of course is the executive producer but said that most of his involvement is in testing out the battle mechanics (99% sure they were referring to the metagame and not just random battle mechanics).

So yeah, he's doing that apparently. I definitely get the impression he doesn't have much to do with the Pokemon, region or story creation anymore.
>>
>>29389322
The fact that Kirby's copy ability have so many moves that you can almost run through the game with just one ability is a blessing and a curse
>>
>>29388135

A big reason is the absolutely awful anime.

The average kid new to the series sees something like Iris and doesn't bother.
>>
Hold on, can opposing trainers use Z-moves too?
>>
>>29402000
They surely can.

Will they use them to? Well, aside from Kahunas, evil team boss(es) and the champion if there's one, I don't think so.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 600x519px
>>29385693
FUCK
>>
>>29389618
So making the game easy to the point of tedium holds their attention? And I AM talking about young kids, my cousins who actually got bored because fights were too short. Fuck gamefreak the retarded cunts.
>>
It's too funny, people thought that he is the hero Pokémon needed, but in the end, he is nothing more than a Masuda on steroids.

EL
EM
AY
OU
>>
>>29402355
>my cousins don't like it so all kids hate it
We can all post about the kids we know that like or don't like it. Until the games stop selling, it's just more logical that the majority is actually completely fine with the games how they are.
>>
>>29385271
I havent seen the NicoNico gameplay as I'd rather not have the early game spoiled for me but, has anyone noticed the EXP formula being back to Gen 5?
>>
>>29402467
My cousins are exactly the sort lf demographic they want: One chose greninja and charizard in X. He gave up aftet the seventh gym because it was too easy.

My other cousin is a bit younger and she liked Chespin and Bulbasaur (yes 2 grass types) in Y and she STILL walked the game even being 6.

I dunno what other (probably american) kids are like but of those I know the game literally struggled to hold their attention for how easy it was.
>>
>>29402467
I never said all kids hate it either you cuck. Vp and its proportion blowers. I was merely stating in my experience of children -10 the game is still really easy. My 6 yo cousin struggled with directions sometimes so her brother helped her but battling was easy enough.
>>
>>29385426

>>29402320
>>
>>29402578
I had a similar experience with my niece. However when I showed her the older pokemon games she didn't want to play them because they 'looked ugly.'
>>
You people are so ungrateful. Holy shit. We should be happy we're even getting new Pokémon games in the first place!
>>
They probably think fighting nothing but cheating AI and the same 15 pokemon online endlessly are good enough
>>
>>29405510
That's not how this works. The company should be just as happy we are even buying the game.

The consumers are happy, the company is happy. That's how it supposed to work, a symbiotic relationship. But when a company decides they can and will legitimately fuck over part of their usually loyal consumer base, it's fine for them to be upset.

They aren't a charity, they should show good faith for the piles of money they rake in. They do a pretty good job for the most part, sure. But they are still cutting almost as many corners as possible to still get the maximum return on their work, and it shows. If they weren't riding the tidal wave of fandom and cash that Pokemon has given them, they would probably be much more likely to listen to more of their fanbase instead of just the largest chunks of the venn diagram.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.