[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masuda: Oh you want a more challenging game? Dont worry boo,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: Masuda.jpg (33KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Masuda.jpg
33KB, 500x250px
Masuda: Oh you want a more challenging game? Dont worry boo, i got you.

>Gets rid of HMs
>No more gyms/ (possibly) no Elite Four
>Exp share as soon as your character gets its starter
>Opponents forfeit fights as soon as you make one move
>Pokeballs are given to you for free
>Catch rate for all pokemon is 99
>Passes out rare and valuable items in the demo so you start out with a lot of money in the game.
>Game is about friendship

I understand this is a childs game and franchise but the community is asking for a challenge, not to be handed things in the game.

We want to be slamming our DSs down in anger not from the boring storyline and the cringeworthy Team Multiple Sclerosis er I mean Skull.
>>
>>29384242
>>Pokeballs are given to you for free
Source? They aren't 200P anymore?
>>
>>29384242
>Dont worry boo, i got you
Fuck off, nigger.
>>
>>29384272
Oh jesus, i thought people would be able to tell im being sarcastic...
>>
>>29384242
>We want to be slamming our DSs down in anger not from the boring storyline and the cringeworthy Team Multiple Sclerosis er I mean Skull.

then play a ROM hack you fucking dumb shit.
>>
>>29384242
>>Gets rid of HMs

c'mon, I hate the games getting easier as much as anyone else but this is 100% an improvement.
>>
>>29384242
It was funny until you insulted team skull. fuck you leatherman!
>>
>>29384242
>>Opponents forfeit fights as soon as you make one move

???
>>
>>29384242
First of all,
>Opponents forfeit fights as soon as you make one move
>Catch rate for all pokemon is 99
This is some Wizard of Oz levels of strawman. Also, Masuda isn't even doing the main games anymore.
What else is new?
>>
Why a 99 catch rate? Why not 255?
>>
>>29384293
Just the way they present themselves...

>>29384290
I couldnt find one of those for XY or ORAS that would work on my computer so... yeah...
>>
>>29384322
Why the hell not?

Everything is handed to you in recent pokemon games so why the hell not?

And I really hope people see the sarcasm in this post. It was nothing serious. I have no idea if the game will be a challenge, but thats what we are asking for and recent games arent giving that to us. Whos the say Sun and Moon wont give us this...
>>
>>29384284
But most of your points are true
>Gets rid of HMs
>Exp share early on
>Passes out rare and valuable items in the demo so you start out with a lot of money in the game.
These are all true
>>
>>29384324
>he doesn't get that Team Skull are intentionally a joke
>he thinks ROM hacks for Gen 6 exist on computer
>>
>>29384242
>We want to be slamming our DSs down in anger

The sanitarium has been alerted.
>>
>>29384408
Idk why I laughed at that...
>>
>>29384242
>getting rid of HMs is a bad thing
That's not making things easier, it's ditching a bullshit, obsolete, and pointless mechanic that's plagued this fucking series for years all for the sake of "tradition". Fuck HMs.
>>
Since you're going to make two games anyways, why not make one version easy and the other version hard
>>
>>29384242
>We
>/vp/ is one person
This meme is getting stale after a while.
Either way, your points are invalid. Don't expect a million dollar company to cater you, especially when you aren't part of their main fanbase.
>>
>getting rid of HMs
>somehow a bad thing

They could get rid of the horrible frame rate and you would still be bitching about it.
>>
>>29384448
Cater to me?

I think the entire pokemon community has been asking for a challenge since Generation 5...
>>
>>29384242
>HMs being a challenge in game instead of being an annoyance
Thankfully (You) aren't designing the games.
>>
>>29384470
The only time I see a horrible frame rate is when its a triple battle.

Again, I dont think people saw the intentions of this post. Look on /vp/ and you see people begging for a damn challenge in the games (And VGC and sometimes battle spots) are the only thing that offers that at this point in time.

Im not saying make the game almost impossible to play but stop handing us things in the game and make us work for things.
>>
>>29384356
>Team Skull are a joke!
>But don't you dare laugh at them!
>>
The days of battling a legendary and it defeating you while trying to deal with its low catch rate is gone. Granted in ORAS there were lots of legends with 3 catch rates, but the box legends are practically given to you. Story wont let you progress unless you catch it.

Once again, I understand this is a game for children but at least give the options for a harder mode in the game.
>>
>>29384584
Well I kinda already did while playing the Demo. I had to turn it off. I couldnt do it with a straight face.
>>
File: 1471570704922.gif (3MB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
1471570704922.gif
3MB, 300x243px
I think it's a great change of pace. No one really enjoyed battling Gyms, Elite Four, catching Pokemon or rare items or any of that crap. Kids find it harder and harder to play games we had to play and that's alright, everyone here is just for Smogon or Nuzlock runs, or playing competitive online.

I could care less about a fucking story or single player challenges. Who needs them when you have good multiplayer?

Who the fuck cares anyway, these are kids games, majority of us are adults trying to play games for 12 year olds. Times change, people and things move on and evolve

Besides bitching and complaining on 4chan of all places isn't going to change a damn thing you fucking cry babies
>>
>>29384479
>I think the entire pokemon community has been asking for a challenge since Generation 5.

Wrong
>>
I wish people would read and use context clues before replying.

Again, this had a sarcastic tone to it. I have no idea what will be in the games. It could have lower catch rates than before and Team Skull could be almost unbeatable. Games are under 4 weeks away so we will see. I would just like to see more of challenge while playing rather than being able to beat the game in a day.
>>
>>29384674
Thats the last time we had a option to make opponents use better items/more pokemon on a team/higher levels...

People enjoyed that.
>>
>>29384426
>>29384324
>>29384284
Not to derail the thread, but why do you use so many ellipses?
>>
>>29384591
To be fair though, what would gf do besides just arbitrarily raising enemy levels, and lowering catch rates. I doubt they'd do any serious reworking to make a higher difficulty, considering no matter what, the game will still sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>29384750
No /vp/ enjoyed that

Gen 5 is considered by most outside of /vp/ to be the worst Generation in Pokemon
>>
File: 1476421391329.png (597KB, 402x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1476421391329.png
597KB, 402x1055px
The moment you defend hms is the moment you invalidate your argument. I thought once hearing that hms were removed, /vp/ would rejoice in gf removing literal cancer, but /vp/ never ceaces to amaze me
>>
>>29384787
Thats a good question, i just realized that too.

I guess its because i can use them as a time lapse in between subjects.
>>29384826
Im not saying make the game impossible to beat, but dont hand things to players. Dont make the opponents 20 levels below the players pokemon.

>>29384852
If you would read before replying you would know what part of Generation 5 I was talking about.
>>
>>29384242
>HMs
>Difficult
>Not an inconvenience
>>
>>29384894
I never defended HMs but I would have seen GF actually make them removable like TMs would be.
>>
>>29384918
I did read what you wrote and? It doesn't change the fact that the 5th Generation of Pokemon as a whole is considered to be the weakest link on everything but /vp/
>>
>>29384894
I don't actually understand this or train of thought myself.

HM's provide logic and thinking to make sure you place the ability on a Pokemon who can use it well, you also need to use that move, even if it's not great in the heat of battle; in the fray of fighting a Gym Leader that requires precise logic and thinking.

We need HMs, if we didn't it would just make the game easier
>>
>>29384954
I didnt like Generation 5 either, but thats not the point of this subject.

Again, if people could tell sarcasm; no one in this thread would be arguing. I tried to make it as obvious as day, but i guess no one on /vp/ has seen daylight in so long...

once again, we dont know anything on the games and the games could quite possibly the polar opposite of what we are thinking it will be.

I also find it amusing that people cant want certain things in a game anymore without random strangers starting a witch hunt over it.
>>
>>29384947
See, that does leave you in the position of possibly deleting a move and then getting stuck.

I think the Poke Pager was a damn good idea that should have happened a lot sooner.
>>
>>29385013
>hms count as key items and cannot be delete/removed from bag
>cannot possibly get stuck because you can just re-teach the move
>>
>>29385012
It's hard to tell sarcasm when you can't hear a fucking tone of voice. I mean your text isn't exactly oozing with scoffing forms of retort!
>>
>>29384284
Honestly, we've seen so many thread like this as of late that it's hard to tell if /vp/ still think SM is gonna be a good game
>>
>play ORAS
>opponent clearly has a level or type advantage
>spams leer or wastes a turn using x-defend

This needs to stop.
>>
>>29384351
The joke is of course that 255 is the perfect catch rate.
>>
>>29385135
That's no different than the Poke Pager really.
>>
>Gets rid of HMs
good
>>
>>29385003
>HM's provide logic and thinking
>requires precise logic and thinking

I assume most people just box their HM shitmons unless they're certain they need them (at least this is what I do). This leads to such exciting adventures as:

>reach boulders
>forget you boxed your HM shitmons with strength
>fly back to Pokécenter
>exchange goodmon for shitmon
>go back to boulders
>use HM shitmon
>box HM shitmon once you're done
>rinse repeat

HMs have never been fun.
>>
>>29385310
This. Especially when it got to the point of needing atleast two different hm slaves. Just a tedious speedbump to hamper region progression.
>>
>>29385003
Oh fuck off. HMs are fucking stupid and you know this you contrarian ass.
>>
OP I am disappoint.

>Gets rid of HMs
This has nothing to do with difficulty. At all. Inconvenience != difficulty. By getting rid of HMs they've streamlined some unacceptably cumbersome and limiting gameplay aspects. It is an obvious improvement, and anyone who disagrees is a genuine idiot.

Utterly irrelevant. The difficulty of the battles themselves is what makes the game challenging. Their being structured differently or being grouped under a different label has zero effect on this. The only possible exception is the gauntlet structure of the E4, but this is almost entirely bypassed via item hording. And there's nothing to say that Sun/Moon won't have another gauntlet under a different name.

Ok sure. If the game isn't calibrated for Exp share it quickly makes things stupid. I really doubt GF will properly accommodate for it.

This is again primarily a convenience factor. You're typically swimming i dosh anyways so not much has changed.

So nearly all your complaints have absolutely nothing to do with challenge. The following would be points to address if you want to actually touch the topic:
>opponent levels
>opponent movesets
>opponent pokemon
>number of pokemon used against you
>AI quality

>>29385179
yeah, the AI is perma-retarded. I've played pokemon derivatives that implemented semi-competent AIs. I'll tell you what, having the opponent switch in on an immunity on a move that would have been super-effective and proceed to wreck me with similar smart moves was a fantastic thrill.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.