[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your first Pokémon game /vp/? Mine was Silver.But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Silver_EN_boxart.png (126KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Silver_EN_boxart.png
126KB, 250x250px
What was your first Pokémon game /vp/?

Mine was Silver.But a rage quitted for about a month because of Morty's Gym. I couldn't for the life of me figure out Morty's gym puzzle (I was 5 at the time) I evolved my Quilava and leveled it up to the 50's, and even caught Suicune and Entei. Swept through the rest of the games easily.
>>
Pokemon. Stopped at vermilion city because it was a Japanese cart and I didn't even know about hms that time
>>
File: image.png (131KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
131KB, 250x249px
Mine was crystal. Ironically I have more feelings of nostalgia for sapphire than GSC.

Crystal was the first and very last time I picked a grass starter after Koga raped me in the elite 4.
>>
>>29381587
Red.
>>
Red of course but im also quite old (25)
>>
>>29381587
Red
>>
>>29381587
Pokemon stadium, actually. Family already had a N64, but it took some convincing for my parents to let me buy a Gameboy Advance. Then I got Yellow around the time Red/Blue stopped being stocked and Gold/Silver were coming out.
>>
Yellow when it released, then I stopped playing the games until I picked up a used copy of Emerald in 2008. The rest is history.
>>
>>29381587
Sapphire.
>>
Red
>>
>>29381587
mine was alpha sapphire.

don't worry everyone i disowned that as my first pokemon game.

my first game is soulsilver
>>
>>29383381
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29381587
Pokemon Red. Emulated.
The first non-emulated Pokemon game I've played was Pokemon White.
>>
>>29381587
My first game was Yellow.
I fucking hated the following Pikachu and it couldn't even evolve so I boxed it and Pidgeot became my ace.
>>
>>29381587
Blue
altought i have more fond memories of my pokemon silver.
>>
>>29381708
Blue was my first but I have the most nostalgia with Gen 3 (RSE/FRLG). Maybe that's because it was the one I played the most and did the most trading and battling with friends.
>>
>>29381587
Blue.
My fondest memories from playing the original over and over
>>
>>29381587
Red or Blue. My older brother and I shared that save although he played almost everything of it. Blastoise was pretty much everything 'we' used, outside our HM slaves. Then our parents bought the other version so we could literally play together.
I feel more nostalgic for gen II than I where I only feel it for the music, though.
>>
File: Dwayne.gif (2MB, 374x254px) Image search: [Google]
Dwayne.gif
2MB, 374x254px
It was either FireRed or Emerald, i don't remember the very first one, just that i played them back to back. I have a soft spot for gen1, but damn if all this pandering is annoying.
>>
Pokemon Blue.

Poor family couldn't afford gameboy or Pokemon game. Grandma was walking through a local Cali park one morning and noticed a gameboy laying on the table. Was yellow and seemingly belonged to the Mexican family playing soccer a ways away. My grandma yanked that shit and gave it to me. Had Pokemon blue inside. Theft was the start of my adventure.

Not sure if it was related or just a soccer loss but when I went back later on my scooter there was a little Mexican kid crying to his mom by their car.
>>
>>29381587
Blue.
>>
>>29381587
Yellow.
>>
>>29381587
Red was my first game. I was like 5 at the time and my stupid ass didn't know anything so I soloed it with just a Venusaur and some Pokémon that knew the HMs. The amount of times I lost battles on that game was ridiculous but I refused to battle with anything besides my start. Jesus I was stupid.
>>
>>29384211
This was a lot of us. Until I was about 8 years old I would always beat the elite four solely with my level 100 starter. I'm surprised it always worked out when I look back and think about the type differences and all that. Also didn't immediately know how a pkmn center worked. My Pokemon stayed fainted or injured for days at a time until I found potions/revives.
>>
>>29381587
Ruby
>>
>>29381675
My first Pokemon game was Pokemon, too.
>>
>>29381587
If we're counting main titles it was Blue. If you're counting any title in general it would be the original Pokemon Stadium. I used to be a god at the mini games.
>>
Red version
>>
Red
>>
>>29381587
Diamond. Lost to Cynthia the first time I challenged the league and cried. I feel close to Black though because I had more of a strategy and could plan ahead more.
>>
>>29383937
Understandable. Imagine losing all of your Pokemon who you saw as real creatures as a child.
>>
If we include emulation it's Red. If not, then Gold. I was the only kid in my class with an Ho-Oh. Also Togetic.
>>
I played Blue first. Could never find Surf in the Safari Zone until my older cousin helped out.

Silver was the game I played through most and still feel the most nostalgia towards.

Born in 1992. Can confirm that Gen 2 is Supreme.
>>
Yellow was the first one i played though gold was the first one I was actually old enough to understand stuff on my first play trough.
Crystal made me love gen 2 even more.
In my opinion it's kind of amazing how big in scale those games actually were compared to the last gen and next gen games.
>>
>>29381587

Red. The original red. It was fun, but I remember being upset that only, like, 5 Pokemon were usable.
>>
>>29386455
If you actually played 'The original red' then you would kno that the battle mechanics are fcked up, making every mon usabl;e
>>
Blue. I'm 26
>>
first was yellow when i was 5, i was playing a game as old as me at that point

i then bought pokemon gold for $12 when i was 8, that's the game i remember having the most fun with, typhlosion is still a bro

diamond was the first game i bought brand new, along with a ds lite for my birthday... sinnoh is still my favorite region because it was so enjoyable and comfy
>>
leafgreen version
>>
Why wouldn't my first games be Red or Blue or Yellow, I'm not some underaged nerd. It was Red btw
>>
I received all 3 generation 2 games for Christmas one year, I was 7 or so, I started with Totodile. What I remember:
I didn't realize I had to go back to Elm's lab after the rival battle at the start, so Totodole evolved before the first gym.
Feraligatr was the only Pokemon I used the whole game, only switching out to use other Pokemon as a free turn to heal.
I used my masterball on a skarmory
Chuck was the last gym leader I beat out of the first 8
I taught Feraligatr Surf, Waterfall, Cut and Strength, and was really sad when I missed out on hydropump
The free egg I get from the daycare man was a shiny elekid
I caught Lapras in 1 pokeball without attacking it, so I thought it was too weak to use it
I trained Feraligatr to level 100 at mount silver and was surprised that Elm didn't call me to congratulate me on loving my starter so much
>>
>>29381587
crystal with the game boy advance bundle for my bday as a kid,
>erebody playing gbc at recess in elementary
>bust out game boy advance
>"yo anon what is THAT"
>oh this? just the NEW game boy and NEW pokemon
>everyone goes apeshit
>WIIIDESCREEN NIIGGEERR
>MOVING SPRITES NIIIGGEEER
later rekt a kids feraligatr with typholosion w/thunder punch. became king shit of pokemon back in grade 2 or someshit
>>
>>29381587
Stadium, technically?

My parents couldn't really afford to get me a game boy and none of my friends had one so I didn't even really know about them. But I lived through Pokemania, my focus was just more on the anime and the tcg.

My first main title game was Sapphire. Because of this I ID pretty easily with genwunners AND hoennbabies. I'm a bit of a hybrid.
>>
Silver.

I was poor.

This was 2002. I still was able to see all three pokemon movies because my mom took me to them out of the kindness of her heart. Love you mom.
>>
>>29381587
Blue.

Playing it over again, I'm amazed at being able to figure pretty much all of it out without any help when I was like 7 or something.

Then again I played it like this >>29384211
so maybe not that smart
>>
I'm 21
Watched anime when I was 6
Sapphire/Emerald on emulators in 2007
Diamond on DS in 2008
>>
Got Yellow and Blue at the same time, was 6. It's good memories but I had a hard time on Yellow beating Oak's grandson.
>>
>>29384211
This. Did exactly the same thing, I was six.
>>
Yellow because I was an huge animefag back in the day
>>
It was ruby, however the first one that I finished was emerald. I replayed them a lot of times, using almost all the available pokemon, I wanted a charizard so bad to beat the battle frontier.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.