[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think the trials kinda suck after watching the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_ob8me0vupY1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg (82KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ob8me0vupY1r8sc3ro1_1280.jpg
82KB, 667x800px
Does anyone else think the trials kinda suck after watching the first one today?

All you have to do is to defeat two wild Rattatas and Raticate and then another Totem Raticate (Yungoos and Gumshoos in Sun)

Whats worse on the trial site you get super effective TM31 Brick Break at this point of the game. Not Rock Smash or anything else weak but really strong move.

This is looking even easier than XY because there at least Gym leaders still used potions and here they dont do that at all.

Also, as expected we dont battle Captains as a part of the trial.
>>
You left out the Team Skull fight.
>>
My hope is for post-game (Cause they want the main game more story gym) you match the trial captains and they get full teams of 6 if not at least five with some crazy ass megas or something. I mean it is shaping up to be where you create your own league, and maybe you kick out Aether and give the Pokemon League Aether Foundation Island so they can kick some ass.

Cause I feel like a lot of the older islanders, like Hala and Falkner's dad and whoever Olivia and Archaeologist girl replaced are old school and semi-techno phobic or something. But after seeing how technology can both same and damn Alola they say "fuck it" and in order to better protect their region have you, their like first true champion and not just snot-nose kid, set up this league in Alola with hopefully Guzma, or maybe Plumeria carrying out Guzma's dream, as the 8th gym leader.
>>
>>29380197
I dont think we can count that as a part of the trial since we dont know if they'll always interrupt on the next ones aswell

Not to mention the main site says not all trials will be about battling...
>>
And actually maybe it's there way of having the Kanto Challenge from GS/HGSS without having to have us go back to Kalos or whatever if all these graphics and new battle moves and blahblah took it out of them. I mean it's kinda of a weird way to double dip but I mean it could work.
>>
>>29380738
Even if we battle them in the post game it wont be that interesting anymore because you'll be done with exploring the region so that will be like extra rematches (that arent them in reality) done all in a row
>>
>>29380762
If thats the case then it will feel horribly cheap.
>>
>>29380142
We knew they were shit from the start, Mallow's trial is finding mushrooms, Kiawe's trial is "spot the difference", etc. I'm sure we'll be able to battle them later, there are 8 or more empty areas in the map were a gym could be built, and the chinese leaks said something about building a league.
This will be similar to Johto. You'll finish the main story nefore hitting level 50, and after the credits there will be a more traditional gym challenge. The producers said there's a lot of content in the game
>>
Literally could not care any less about how easy the game is. As long as the story is interesting enough to keep me entertained til I get to the real game I am happy with it.
>>
>>29380937
If it's not the Frontier /vp/ is just going to call it shit no matter what.
>>
>>29380937
I hope this is true and we use the lots for that.
Something has to go there. whether post game or at some point in the story, those lots will be filled.
>>
>>29380142
>after watching the first one today
link please?
>>
>>29380937
>>29380996
>>29380999
Thing is in HGSS/GSC you still had more stuff to do between the gyms

Beating the potential gyms in Alola will be short and non-exciting
>>
>>29381094
remember in the demo how when you beat "game" the first time?
What happened to the route?
It filled up with all new trainers.
Who is to say that won't happen?
>>
>>29381094
You're forgetting about team aether and the ultrabeast, those are for sure gonna be a thing between gyms
>>
>>29381185
i mean trials
>>
>>29381185
In the post game?
>>
>>29380142
I think it was the way how slowly the players played it. I took them an entire minute to click on a move
>>
>>29381238
That comment wasn't in regard to the post-game. It was about the trials themselves.
>>
>>29380142
I'm worried about the amount of content we'll actually have. There was always a sense of excitement about entering a Gym and battling your way to the Gym Leader for a fight.

I don't think "run around this area clicking A when you're prompted" is a good equivalent to that.

Also, every trainer seems to have one pokemon. It's scarily easy. Easier than XY.
>>
>>29380142
Its a children's game retard what do u expect have sex get a clubn
>>
>>29380142
None of this bothers me except why the hell is there a fucking Brick Break TM.

That's just fucking retarded. Everything was fine except for that.
>>
>>29380142
I was afraid they wouldn't replace the gym battles with equivalent boss battles. Almost seems like the only reason they removed gyms was to make the game even easier.
>>
>>29381496
Yeah it really seems that way.
>>
>>29380142
It means the story is the focus and tlyoulk spend a lot of time battling Skull/Aether
>>
>>29382327
Sure thats cool but other games could pull out both story and gyms
>>
Does anyone else think the gyms kinda suck after watching the first one today?

All you have to do is to defeat two trainers and then the gym leader.
>>
>>29383885
Poor comparison. Trials are new and they already seem worse than gyms, not to mention it seems in many other ones we wont even battle Pokemon aside from Totems
>>
>>29380142
We've only seen the first trial though. We have no idea how the rest work
>>
>>29382745
They really couldn't. Pokemon has always had a very barebones story for a JRPG.
>>
>>29384105
In one you have to gather ingredients, in other you have to spot a difference between two dances and another one is a test of knowledge

cool huh
>>
>>29383885
>>29384105
When will you shills realize that opinions on SuMo have become universally negative? Face it, your game will flop and kill the series.
>>
>>29384164
I agree, but
>SuMo
Consider suicide.
>>
>>29384164
Sure SM will probably be easy, but judging any Pokémon game by its earlygame doesn't even do the harder games justice
>>
>>29380747
>we dont know if they'll always interrupt on the next ones aswell
Except that's their entire goal, to sabotage the Island Challenge.
>>
>>29384285
Still doesnt confirm they will interrupt the challenges every time, they might appear just before it or just after it
>>
Are you all retarded? Do you forget all the old info when new stuff comes out? We don't battle the captains, no. We battle THE KAHUNAS.
>>
>>29380142
Everyone's been pissing themselves over only 7 trials, meanwhile I've been worried the whole time because I could tell it would just be easy shit. Sure it seems a little interesting but without a full-fledged battle with a gym leader it just feels like a total cop-out. They obviously picked 7 trials because of the 7 colors of the rainbow anyway.

We know from the backpacker in Kalos that this game does have a Champion, and presumably an Elite 4. The timeline on that seems all wrong for it to be you, however. But they could easily just bullshit that.
>>
>>29380142
First. Fucking. Trial.

Did you butch about Brock having two Pokemon and two shit trainers in his gym? You autists always find something to bitch about.

/vp/ was a mistake.
>>
>>29380142
Are we sure that was the entirety of the trial? No battle against Ilima?
>>
>>29384589
There doesn't seem to be any indication you battle against trial captains. Which seems strange since it makes the type association feel pointless. I guess it informs the kind of pokemon you encounter during the trial but eh.
>>
>>29384425
We still get the 4 kahuna battles.
>>
>>29380950
Same.

It's all about the competitive and the story for me. Could care less for some glorified mini-boss
>>
>>29384678
Why are you playing Pokemon for the story? They are awful, only BW had some effort put on it. The dialogue in the demo was awful
>>
>>29380142
I agree that BB at that point is dumb, but the trial itself?

IIRC you can't get out of a trial after it starts unless you black out, so no Pokemon Center.

You forgot the Team Skull battle.

And fighting two decently fast Pokemon with a NINETY BP move that can flinch PLUS Hustle which is another 50% making it 135 BP, then a powered super version of it, all while your Pokemon are weak to it(ghosts), have shit defenses(everyone) or are the "appropriate" mon for the job, like Crabrawler.

They might be just fucking Rattatas but by logic already harder than any first gym in the series.

....that is, assuming they have Bite and aren't forced to carry Gluttony.
>>
>>29384519
This
>>
>>29384644
That's better than nothing but there's only 4 of them and they seem to be just as easy as XY's gyms were.
>>
>>29385485
Pokemon is an RPG with a blank-slate PC, you're supposed to use your imagination and create something yourself. The story only needs to be enough to keep your attention and to provide a backbone structure to how you want the events to develop. BW actually is the worst at doing this.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.