[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever get our Johto Megas? Preferably: Water/Dragon Fire/Ground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0708.png (381KB, 1024x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0708.png
381KB, 1024x423px
Will we ever get our Johto Megas?

Preferably:
Water/Dragon
Fire/Ground
Grass/Fairy
>>
We can hope
>>
>>29378853
>Water/Dragon

Why? Water/Dark is a much better offensive typing. Getting STAB on Crunch will benefit Feraligatr much more than the couple of extra resistances dragon typing gives it. Dragon STAB is wasted on Feraligatr.
>>
>>29378853
>Fire/Ground

What would the benefit be when Typhlosion has no moves?
>>
>>29378956
Typhplosions physical movepool is actually decent. If the mega turned it into a physical attacker stab EQ is always welcome.
>>
>>29378853
Grass/Fairy
Fire/Ground
Water/Fighting
>>
>>29378939
>another water/dark mega
>another water/dark starter
>another dark type alligator pokemon
>crunch would literally be the only stab, doesnt even get knock off or sucker punch
>competing with crawdaunt, gyarados, and sharpedo as a dding/sding physical water sweeper
feraligatr being a water dark type is dumb, it would be competing with way too much other pokemon to fulfilling the same niche
>>
>>29379141
STAB Crunch still does something. Dragon STAB does literally nothing.

You're forgetting that Feraligatr already competes with those other Pokemon whether it is a mega or not. A second STAB to a very useful attacking type will help it out tremendously in over taking the others.

>>29379134
Water/Fighting wouldn't be awful either. No fighting move to take advantage of Sheer Force though. But Super Power and Brick Break would enjoy the STAB.
>>
>>29379400
Im not arguing for water/dragon
yes feraligatr competes with them no matter what, but something other than water dark would help give an incentive to use feraligatr rather than forcing them into the same exact niche
>>
>>29379511
The incentive to use Feraligatr is that it becomes the best option. None of those pokemon have DD + Sheer Force + a Mega. That would instantly make Feraligatr outpace the water/dark competition.
>>
>>29378853
Water/Ice or Water/Dark Feraliatr keeping sheer force would be better, he has crunch and ice punch
>>
>>29379587
Yes, but that would be unfair to other waterdark pokemon, plus theres no gurantee feraligatr would become better than them. Im arguing for a solution that would help make all of them viable. Also, rarely do megas keep their abilities, so focusing on sheer force isnt realistic (speed boost sharpedo). Water dark is just not interesting IMO, but you are free to feel otherwise
>>
>>29378853
>Mega Feraligatr gets Strong Jaw
>>
>>29378853
Grass Dragon is Godlike for neutral stabs, Water Dark is as well a ridiculously effective neutral stab choice.

Why the fuck do people want to turn Meganium into a higher BST Whimsicott with movepool issues?
>>
>>29379712
>Also, rarely do megas keep their abilities
Audino, Medicham, Latis, Blaziken, Scizor, TTar all keep their ablility. Not keeping Sheer Force would make it all moot as Feraligatr would be useless. Literally doesn't matter what second typing it gets.
>>
>>29378853
will we ever get more megas?
>>
>>29378853
I would rather they only gave Gatr a Mega Evolution, and instead focused on the Sinnoh Starters.
Typhlosion and Meganium are too shit to get Megas.
>>
>>29378939
Water/Dragon is arguably better because of STAB Outrage. If Feraligatr learns Knock Off then I personally would consider a Water/Dark mega. As it stands though I think it's unimaginative and overrated. Gyarados already has a Water/Dark mega anyway, why would you want to shove Gatr further into its shadow? Give it something to differentiate itself from Gyarados.
>>
>>29379862
Call me delusional but I think it depends on the D/P remakes, if we get them this gen. If those games don't have new megas, we won't get anymore megas.
>>
>>29379895
I think it should be Water/Ice just to be a little different, other than walrien and the bunch of ice/water we had in gen 1 we really dont have nice water/ice types
>>
>>29379895
Stab outrage doesn't have SE moves and it's easy as fuck to switch in a resistance.

Dark is stupidly hard to switch in when combined with water.

Are you dumb or just trying to protect your headcanon, dark is better than dragon on a sheer force Pokémon.
>>
>>29379847
Unless it gets another good ability, like Tough Claws, for example
>>
>>29379847
You could give him Tough Claws which is a greater boost than Sheer Force and keeps the secondary effects of his moves. Sheer Force isn't as good if he doesn't have Life Orb.

Really, a great fix to the guy would be to give him a Water/Dragon mega with Tough Claws as an ability and to add a lot of speed. Then you have a bulky attacker with incredibly strong moves and several ways to boost its stats.
>>
>>29379847
They keep ONE of their possible abilities, heck, Audino would much rather want Regenerator than Healer too.

Besides, Sheer Force isn't as good if you don't have to ability to abuse LO with it. It's one of the reasons why Camerupt's Mega is comparatively mediocre to others.
>>
>>29379934
If you would read you'd understand I'm trying not to make Feraligatr turn into Mega Gyarados 0.5, you obnoxious moron.

If Feraligatr had Knock Off it'd make a Dark-type mega more worthwhile but his strongest fucking Dark-type move is Crunch which isn't that great even with Sheer Force. Furthermore giving him a different ability isn't out of the question for a mega. Tough Claws Outrage hits very hard.
>>
>>29379923
>Water/Ice
Why do you want it to be even more shit
>>
>>29378853
Fuck, that Typhlosion looks awesome.
>>
>>29379951
That is still stopped hard by steel fairy and unaware users...

Seriously dude, dark gives a better chance to break through defensive cores than dragon, making it dragon with though claws and that move pool makes it an inferior zard X. Are you going to dump 35+ on speed...

That's unrealistic for a mega on a starter.
>>
>>29378853
>Fire/Ground
It's the weakest of the 3 megas
>>
>>29379998
Great STAB coverage, why else?
>>
>>29378853
We aren't getting new megas ever dude.
Megas were gen 6's throwable gimmick. Just like gender differences for gen 4 and regional forms for gen 7.
>>
>>29379992
Nobody uses Outrage anymore because it's a bad move.
>>
>>29380029
MegaZard X gets 46 extra attack so it's not exactly unbelievable for Gatr to gain 30 more speed.

Unaware users are few and far in between. Quagsire's barely ever used and Clefable sits in OU. Swoobat is shit.

Feraligatr is stopped by bulky waters and fairies anyway, the idea is to remove his counters so he can break through everything else. I'm not trying to create a mega that breaks the game, I'm trying to create one that fixes Feraligatr's more prominent issues such as speed and move power. If I really wanted to break him I'd make him Water/Poison with Huge Power.
>>
>>29378853
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-19-pokemon-boss-explains-why-sun-and-moon-move-away-from-mega-evolution

Ever? Maybe. Soon? No.
>>
>>29379998
>ice fang
>ice punch
>ice beam
>blizzard

beats water/dark or water/dragon. if it were up to be it would stay pure water.
>>
>>29380106
Then what would you suggest? Gatr's problems are move power and speed.
>>
>>29379895
Outrage is useless in Gen VI
>>
>>29378939
Come on anon-kun...
>>
>>29380110
>Z moves are implemented so shitmons are used more
>literally every pokemon learns Z moves
I don't understand this logic. Did I just get Masuda'd?
>>
>>29380114
Too bad Ice is a detrimental typing in almost all situations.
>Ice Beam
>Blizzard
fucking kek
>>
>>29378853
>Keep typlhosion pure fire
>Gets earth power and grass knot
>Competitive

>Meganium fairy or steel
>Wish,some steel or fairy moves
>Heatproof

>Ferligatr dragon to go with Charizard and sceptile
>Sheer force
>Hone claws and dragon rush
>>
>>29380200
To be fair we don't know how many Z-moves there are yet or how many pokemon specific z-moves there are. There could be ones like Eevees for fully evolved pokemon that actually make them good.
>>
R8 the gimmicks /vp/

Regional forms > megas >>> z moves
>>
>>29380285
Based on how megas were handled last gen I wouldn't get my hopes up
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.