[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people complaining about framerate drops >like it even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1469676884247.png (38KB, 230x289px) Image search: [Google]
1469676884247.png
38KB, 230x289px
>people complaining about framerate drops
>like it even fucking matters in a Pokemon battle

Why is /vp/ so retarded?
>>
>like it even fucking matters

it does matter

it is not ridiculous to expect a constant 30 fps, there's a reason it's the standard

behave yourself
>>
File: retardtuff.png (72KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
retardtuff.png
72KB, 211x244px
>not caring about framerates
>>
>>29372969
>I have no standards in my entertainment consumption and thoroughly enjoy slide-show gameplay.

I bet you play Tripple-A titles on your shitty NoteBook at 10 FPS on the lowest settings, don't you.
>>
It must be me, but I don't care about fps. I have never played PS4 or XBO games to be used to a good framerate.
>>
>>29372969
I just like my game to look good, man. It's not a dealbreaker like it would be for a realtime game, but it's still annoying. I mean shit, why bother coming out with new systems?
>>
>>29372969
this is bait
>>
>>29372977
>>29372986
>>29372990
I'm not saying I wouldn't like good framerate. I'm just stating the clear fact that they in no way hinder the gameplay in the case of Pokemon. People get pissed over such a small problem that I can only assume it's due to the high autism that runs in the community.
>>
>>29372969
It's one thing when a game has shitty models and textures, but when you add framedrops and no 3D effect on top of that, it's just embarrasing.
>>
Because most gamers only care or even found out about FPS because 60fps was practically a meme for a while, when in actuality it isn't really important in all games, like turn based RPGs

They shouldn't have doubled down on the shitty GFX that cause the massive drops here though
>>
File: 1477110868017.png (147KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1477110868017.png
147KB, 457x457px
>poor plebs not having N3DS
>>
>>29373034
3D effect is shit and hurts your eyes.
>>
>>29373034
>tfw can't see 3d so don't give a shit about it being missing
>>
>>29373038
You do understand the same frame drop happens on the N3DS to, right ?
>>
>>29373024
>Damage Control
>Stating opinion as "clear fact"

You know what, OP? That's fine. Do not let our quality standards in gaming deter you from enjoying the game. I will also buy, and very much enjoy the game, in spite of its technical shortcomings. But, that doesn't mean I can't be negatively critical of the things I love.

Don't let your fandom blind you from the "Clear Fact" that the games run like unwiped ass.
>>
>>29373061
I didn't notice it.
>>
I personally don't give a dam about frame drop, if it it's anything like the Trevenant hordes in XY or worse, THEN I have a problem. But right now it doesn't even bother me. And I'm on an old XL.
>>
File: 1477157194175.png (138KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
1477157194175.png
138KB, 538x538px
>>29373061
Not mine. Sure something isn't wrong with your N3DS?
>>
>>29373094
Well, everybody does experience frames differently. Some are more sensitive to it than others. It explains why there's a line in the gaming community about 30 vs 60 when it comes to FPS standards.
>>
>>29373094
I don't actually have a N3DS, yet I've seen others reports this problem on different places, including here. Funny enough, I have an old XL and it's running smoothly like ever. Even the totem battle with Hakamo-o.
>>
>>29373071
>>29373094
The N3DS is a placebo.
They game isn't N3DS enhanced unless you manually used CFW to overclock. It runs the exact same as on O3DS.
All reports of lag are exaggerated.
>>
>>29373037
>like turn based RPGs

I guess in sprite form that wouldn't matter. But these are fully animated 3d models. I expect the animations to run smoothly, NOT as though they are being displayed through a Flip-Book.
>>
>>29373040
Yeah, when done badly. Most Nintendo games are a treat to play them with 3D on, it's just Pokemon that has to be different.
>>
>>29373136
Personally, I find it worse with sprites.
>>
>>29373134
Bingo. Didn't notice any issues.
>>
>>29373134
>They game isn't N3DS enhanced

Is there proof?
>>
>>29373223
Force the N3DS clock with luma and see if there is still lag.
>>
>>29373024
There's a difference between playable and good. The whole point of framerate is to not accept the bare minimum.
>>
>>29373038
>>29373071
>>29373094
>>29373343
No, there are still noticeable framedrops on n3DS even with the Luma CPU clock shit enabled. The most noticeable instances are during Totem fight summons where there are three or more Pokemon on the field, as well as for a split second during the Greninja transformation animation.

If you didn't notice these drops it's because you aren't attentive enough.
>>
>>29373399
If I have to be more attentive than normal to see it then you are just nitpicking
>>
>>29373450
I chose the word "attentive" because it sounds nicer than "a fucking retard who can't tell the difference between frame rates or notice frame drops".

If you want to ignore a product's objectively provably flaws then that's your choice. I'm just stating facts. This game is going to be just as much of a framedrop fest as Gen VI.
>>
>>29373450
That's the issue though. I wasn't specifically looking at the game with an FPS counter in the corner trying to meticulously count the frames. I was playing through as normal and noticed a ton of hitching. I wasn't looking, I was literally pulled out of the immersion because of it. If you weren't, it's probably because you are easily distracted the pretty colors.

Being withdrawn from immersion do to hitching isn't nitpicking, that's bad design on part of the programmers. It's not like PC where you have to account for near endless configurations of hardware. It's only a few sets of extremely identical hardware you are programming for. Is it really that difficult to get that right?
>>
>>29373528
Is your 3ds broken?
>>
>>29373543
I can't tell if you're being facetious or genuine?

If the latter, then I can assure you that I'm honestly not sure. I lost the audio from the speakers from it a few months ago and am now forced to use the headphones for audio. I don't know how or why it happened, or if what happened caused any other type of internal damage.

That said. I can still play 3DS Smash just fine. Still smooth as it was day one.

>Still playing 3ds smash

...I'm holding out for the Switch and praying they port the Wii-U version over to it, or just make a new Smash entirely.
>>
>>29373399
Aha, I almost mentioned something about that in my post.
Just because it still lags doesn't mean anything, what matters is that the lag is reduced.
You need to play through the demo with it on and with it off and compare
>>
I didn't notice any lag in the demo on my old 3DS. Lag doesn't bother me unless everything literally looks slow like 3v3 battles do.
>>
>>29372995
Its not the system, its GameFreak. They're fucking incompetent. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to Gen 1 graphics and somehow had the shit running at 5 fps.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.