[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you think Demo was easy? Then get ready for more "

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

Did you think Demo was easy?

Then get ready for more

"We always try to think who's going to be playing the game for that era. These days, everyone has an iPhone or some other smartphone; there are lots of handy gadgets in your day-to-day life, which make life much easier. A lot of younger kids, when they encounter a game that feels like too much work, they may just give up. We want to make sure that it's very easy, very approachable for anyone to pick up and play. By doing that we re-examined, revisited the interface design, and added a variety of features like being able to throw the last thrown pokeball with just one button, and just making it very easy to play."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-sunmoon-devs-on-legendaries-pokemon-go-and/1100-6444620/

Also i think we might forget about the post game because it would be too long of a game right?
>>
>>29372273
What happened to the days when we were proud once we have finished a hard level after hours and hours of trying?
And I dont get it. Does Game Freak seriously fear that the shitty iPhone games might become more popular than pokemon games so that they have to make them as shitty?

I miss the days when developpers were doing their own thing and if a game was too hard, we had to try until we beat it, or give up but never be satisfied because then we knew sucked at the game.
>>
>>29372273
>this bait again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rADvOOpsSAM
>>
I liked it regardless.
>>
>>29372373
Dude this is bullshit.

His team is some random stuff they gave him on the spot

The GameXplain guys teams were level 12 after first two hours of playing and they havent even met the first trial captain!

And here we have a totem battle with level 12 litten and some level 8s yungoos and pikipek

This is comedic bullshit to show that this guy sucks, its for jokes
>>
i thought the demo was hard
>>
>>29372441
I have no words for you
>>
Making the UI better isn't the problem

The problem is when you can just mash A on literally everything in the game and win. It then just starts being boring. And they can't even bother to make the post-game good to make up for it.
>>
>>29372421
GameXplain also said they spend a decent amount of time rematching the trainers for exp.
>>
>>29372454
yet somehow you spoke 6.

checkmate atheists.
>>
>>29372497
One of them did but still they havent even met the trial captain, and there's the whole trial and team skull encounter during the trial accorsing to another reviewer)

There's no way his team would be so underleveled
>>
>>29372273
those who complain about muh casualization and muh postgame are probably the same who only play unranked or smogon's fantasy league, i.e. faggots that in 20 years never got gud.
>>
>>29372373

"For example we had to fight through a cave with various Yungoos hiding in specific holes, a sudden appearance of the delightfully ridiculous Team Skull, and then take on a giant Gumshoos. It wasn't any kind of strain on our skills or even really our Pokémon"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/hands_on_checking_out_a_new_generation_in_pokemon_sun_and_moon
>>
>>29372636
We also have had several other media say it was hard.
Maybe they caught a crabrawler?
>>
>>29372655
>We also have had several other media say it was hard.
Source on that other "several" media?
>>
>>29372373
what's going on in this video? I don't understand moonspeak and ther aint no american subtitles
>>
>>29372273
The problem is that Gamefreak thinks that they need to modify their game to compete with fucking iPhone games. That's not the correct line of thinking especially since people have already sunk money into a 3DS to actually play Pokemon on.
>>
>>29372273
last thrown pokeball is a great thing though
>>
>>29372273
Game Freak definitely made a misstep with the lack of postgame in Gen 6.

Yes, it's true that kids might give up, so the game should be made approachable for them (and I'm not gonna lie, I love the new Pokeball button), but there should be a challenge for players who seek it out and stick with the game.
>>
>>29372441
I won't like, that Ace Trainer with the Pikachu one-shotted my Greninja. Pretty sure she's meant to be battled on days when you actually get to raise a team.
>>
>>29372719
Guy gets his shit kicked in.
Gets a fighting type
Doesn't get his shit kicked in
Its basically a modern Miltank
>>
>>29372788
She did me too. It was the only moment. The demo giving you an OP Greninja and nerfing stats for everything else was a really poor decision.
>>
>>29372777
It's subtle, but there is a difference between simply making a game easy, and making it approachable to newcomers. Stuff like effectiveness showing, and the Pokeball button can make all the difference for a kid to stick with the game, while not actually making the game easier.
>>
>>29372273
There's a difference between "accessible" and "easy". They're referring to the former.

Note that he specifically references the design interface. Also, the demo is dumbed down intentionally. It's so you can test the new features without any real strain on your mons (although the Ace trainer almost knocked out my Greninja).
>>
>>29372817
Agreed, I like those decisions.
What I don't like is Shauna, Trevor and Tierno stopping me every five seconds to explain something that I already know.

I would LOVE a "Veteran mode" that disables tutorials.
>>
>>29372803
Keep in mind, this is going to be some people's first Pokemon experience though. If I was some kid that had only ever watched the anime, I'd be tickled to death to run around killing things with Ash's best mon, while getting beat a lot might put me off the game entirely.
>>
>>29372828
Yeah, I think a simple check from the professor would be great.
For example,
>"Is this your first pokemon adventure?"
if yes, turn on tutorials and easy mode
if no, ask
>"Then would you like more of a challenge?"
if no, tutorials off and normal mode
if yes, tutorials off and hard mode
Then display those settings and have the player confirm before making a character.
>>
>>29372860
Hard mode I could take or leave. That's what post-game is for, just give me a Battle Facility and some Gym Leader/Elite Four/Captain/Kahuna rematches and I'm a happy camper.

But a simple "allow tutorials on/off" option is sorely needed.
And that goes for ALL Nintendo games. They don't have nearly as many child fans as they think they do.
>>
>>29372860
Too much text. You have already lost 1/4 of your target audience because they got bored and are playing with their mom's iPad now.
>>
>>29372889
Even if it's a simple NPC pokemon -5 levels (easy mode) or +5 levels (hard mode) modifier, there's enough people out there that really want more of a challenge in the main game that I think it would be a good idea at this point, if for no more reason than fans are asking for it.
>>
>>29372911
The professor's speech goes on longer though. They can just mash A through the whole thing and anyone who does will get tutorials and easy mode, so it's fine.
>>
File: 1470180505300.jpg (138KB, 401x476px) Image search: [Google]
1470180505300.jpg
138KB, 401x476px
>>29372719
First attempt. Litten does Jack shit with ember. Totem lowers its speed and summons yungoos. Litten gets bodied and he's worried because that was his ace. Team gets destroyed.
Second attempt. He adds a level 10 crabrawler on the second go with bubble, leer, and rock smash. He also levels up pikipek along with teaching it rock smash. Litten gets fucked again, he tries to rock smash with pikipek. Pikipek two shots yungoos after getting hit by scary face. Gumshoos then outspeeds and two hits it. Pikipek gets another rock smash on gumshoos, but it barely does anything. He sacrifices his own yungoos for a leer on the totem, bringing it down to -2 or -1 since the totem has boosted defense. Crabrawler's rock smash takes some chunks out of it after possibly two defense drops.
>>
>>29372860
There will never be a hard mode again because of the low sales of gen 5. Everything associated with gen 5 (lots of new pokemon, seasons, older audience, difficulty levels) has become synonymous wth failure to gamefreak.
>>
>>29372860
while I agree there should be different difficulties, I think asking at the beginning of the game is a bad idea.

Remember, there are a lot of little kids playing this game. They might think the anime is their first pokemon adventure. Or, they might not be great at reading and not fully understand the question. My first Pokemon game was Blue and I barely knew how to read. I remember thinking cuttable trees in the game were called Potions because of the hidden potion in Viridian City. I didn't know how to pronounce 'potion' so I called them "pot-ions." I still have no idea how I managed to get as far as I did in the game before getting stuck for months (getting the Lift Key from the Team Rocket Hideout).

There's also the problem with older players who haven't played a pokemon game since Gen I overestimating their skills. This game is REALLY trying hard to attract this crowd. They're not going to be too happy if they can't blow through the game with their <sun and moon starter> + <eevee evolution> + <fav gen I starter>.

I think a better way would be to adjust the game's difficulty depending on how well the player does at certain points. Have the game start off in 'normal' mode. If the player goes a long time without having a Pokemon knocked out, switch to 'hard' mode. Yellow had the right idea with this. If you lost to your rival every time you fought him, we would evolve his Eevee into Vaporeon. If you lost some of them, then Flareon. If you won them all, then Jolteon.
>>
Great, so this is implying Sun and Moon are going to be even easier then the last few releases because Game Freak is competing against iPhone games? Well we can toss the idea of getting any post game.
>>
Look at it this way. There will still be a bunch of kids with an over leveled starter and their team of early route meat shields who'll rush through the game as well as nuzlockers who'll probably get mowed down by the jaws of death. Exp share is a thing, but so is the gen V exp system.
>>
>>29373087
you should've toss that idea when ORAS came out
>>
>>29372817
yeah i mean like when we were kids and the pokemon craze was going off and people were quitting left and right because it didn't have those features.

those things aren't for kids, kids are better at figuring out that shit than adults. this shit is literally for fuckwit adults who haven't played pokemon for years and decide to pick it up because of pokemon go. it is a casualized experience for casual pokemon players, it isn't for the kids who are going to play through multiple times because it's the newest pokemon game and there isn't a fun postgame for them.
>>
>>29372526
But yours will be

Unless you're one of those people that whines about difficulty with exp share on, you're not one of those people are you?
>>
>>29373111
>it's another "BF has infinite lenght" post
>>
>>29373105
>muh gen v exp system
It's been proven time and time again that gen v gives you more exp as long as you aren't like10 levels higher. What made gen v good was the trainer and wild Pokemon level curve matching the exp yield.
>>
>>29372788
>Not spamming DT against her Rockruff
Git fucking gud.
>>
>>29372926
The totem boost is +2.
>>
>>29373122
>yeah i mean like when we were kids and the pokemon craze was going off and people were quitting left and right because it didn't have those features.

But hardly any games had those kind of features back then. Everything was 'harder' because a) it was a way of making the games longer or b) poor technology

kids who are 10 nowadays have literally been playing games that let them know how to do everything in a clear way for all their lives.

It's not that they are dumber or that they wouldn't be able to figure them out if they wanted to if the games were like RBY. They just have thousands of more appealing alternatives to choose from now.
>>
My main problem with the demo is it feels like there isn't really any content due to how it's all time related for events to occur even then it feels kinda empty.
>>
File: 1475562738417.png (167KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475562738417.png
167KB, 400x300px
>>29373122
I can't tell if this is ironic anymore.
>>
>>29373133
well, it's longer than the battle maison at least.

but even if the BF wasn't perfect, ORAS had a shit post game anyways. And if a remake doesn't have a good postgame, then the chances of a completely brand new game having it are really low.
>>
>>29372788
>Ace Trainer with the Pikachu one-shotted my Greninja.
What? How?

I only played up to the part where you are asked to catch 20 pokemon and stopped because they were all pipikeks even after I caught two, but are you saying that there are more trainers to fight other than the ace trainer who asks you to go and fight three nobodies first?
>>
>>29373122
When we were kids we didn't have a choice and would be socially ostracised if we didn't play, nowadays they have a million easier games to play

I think they should just bring back challenge mode but it has to be unlocked by a cheat code on the menu, that they put at the back of the manual with a lot of disclaimers

That way no kid accidentally activates it and older kids will understand it's not just a slightly harder option
>>
>>29372788
>raised evasiveness while Rockruff was in
>Pikachu out, hit it with Night Slash, because fuck using not very effective moves
>Static kicks in
>two Electro Balls later my Greninja is dead
That was embarassing.
>>
>>29372926
that sounds more complex than most NPC battles.

imagine if it was a fucking Totem Miltank with rollout.
>>
>>29373203
According to the game Water Shurikan is effective against Pikachu.
Did I miss something in the game?
>>
>>29373122
Back in gen 1 people could ignore clunkiness of the games because a) back then games were clunkier and more importantly b) it was fucking pokemon, that super cool cartoon me and my friends saw on TV!

Despite what the """based as fuck pokebros""" of /vp/ sometimes try to argue, pokemon is nothing but a shadow of its former popularity. People won't overlook things simply because they're so excited to be playing a pokemon game.
>>
>mfw when professionals who've been in the business for years are out of touch with the industry they're working for
>mfw plenty of modern jrpgs are more difficult than pokemon and their creators show no signs of casualisng shit
>>
>>29373211
Greninja is super effective against everything. It's a reference to the anime where Greninja KO'd a Mega Sceptile with a 0.25x Water Shuriken.
>>
>>29373253
It's fucking annoying in the game when trying to do the catching challenge and you just 1 hit everything.
>>
>>29373240
>mfw Etrian Odyssey V shows no signs of being localized

fuck

Anyway, GF is shitting the bed. Free mobile games that people play on the toilet are in no way in direct competition, let alone are a threat, to a $40 RPG for all ages that carries one of the strongest brands in entertainment.
They are trying to protect themselves from an entirely different market instead of focusing on what they do well and making the game the best it can be.
>>
>>29373237
>mfw /vp/ tries to argue DP was the true pokemania
>mfw /vp/ tries to argue we're currently experiencing the biggest pokemania ever
/vp/ really is willing to try anything to BTFO those stupid oldfags.
>>
>>29373201
Or the game could start with just asking you to pick easy, medium, or hard.

I think a lot of people here are really blind to the fact that kids are more willing to just quit and switch these days when it comes to video games. They have more options and while I think Gamefreak is making the wrong choices I understand why they're making them.
>>
>>29373308
Some can't read very well and might not understand the problem

Alos it wouldn't be obvious the game was harder until like an hour in, they may just go fuck it
>>
>>29373187
What this guy said. >>29373203
>>
>>29372358
The gaming industry has been falling out of favor for awhile now. People would rater pay 99 cents to click and win than sit and actually play a game. GF knows that we'll buy the games. But they don't need us, the need that common man too.
Here's your brand new Pokemon game all wrapped up, bright and shiny. You remember when you remember Pokemon? Yeah you do.

Fucking normies.
>>
File: 015.gif (227KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
015.gif
227KB, 600x600px
>>29373161
>>29373201
>>29373237
>>29373282
>mfw /vp/ tries to argue that their favourite kids game is too hard for kids and so casualization is necessary
this is actually hilarious.
>>
>>29373391
This is one time the term cuck is applicable.

/vp/ is open to letting their beloved franchise be ruined just for the sake of normies with ADD they'll never meet, who can't play a game for 15 minutes without going back to their phones to check 9gag memes on Facebook or watch YIFY rips.

>m-muh Pokemon was never hard... you just got better!
Wonder how long they'll be able to convince themselves of this.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.