[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I played the demo today, and came to a realization. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4194.jpg (63KB, 406x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4194.jpg
63KB, 406x298px
So I played the demo today, and came to a realization. I'm more interested in the pre-launch of sun/moon than the actual game itself.

I tried playing, and got so bored that I just turned it off after the first Team Skull battle. Not that the game was bad, it just wasn't fun. Anyone else feel this way? The hype and pre-launch stuff was really fun and exciting, but the actual game just seems kinda meh.
>>
>>29370350
No, not really
>>
>>29370350
I actually liked the demo. Also, it's just a demo. Of Course it would be easy. I'm more excited for the games to come out.
>>
>>29370350
Greninja shilling is wierd

I am scared for the final game though, the town didn't feel fun to explore
>>
>>29370350
To be fair the demo is boring because it's so weirdly restricted. I feel like the full game will be much more fun
>>
Its a demo man, your not supposed to play it for a long time.
>>
>>29370350
No. The demo is a just a railroad of "press X so win" dialogue and fights, with no exploration or team customization.
>>
>>29370350
I mean, it really depends on how you view a demo.

Is a demo a bite-size look into the intricacies like breeding, hardcore features, VGC-level battles? If not, then I can't possibly see it being interesting to us.

Is it a showcase of graphics? If so, I was impressed.

Is it a showcase of fundamental game mechanics? Is it moreso a taste for people who have never played Pokemon in their entire lives? If I'm being honest, this is probably what the SM demo was. I think it did the job well, while reeling in older players with a small preview of new mechanics we'll appreciate (Pokemon riding, non-grid-based movement, etc.).
>>
>>29370350
The demo and the actual game are very different.

That being said if you don't find the basic gameplay interesting then you probably shouldn't buy the game. They're mixing a lot of stuff up but it's still Pokemon. It's all pretty basic.
>>
>>29370350
No. The demo is bad, it get's better after the trial tutorial, but dropping it at the start is almost stupid. Why are you still here? Sounds like you don't care at all anout the games. Take a break, I felt the same way before XY released and haven't played since BW2, I'm excited again
>>
>>29370350
I'm a little worried about how slow pretty much everything feels. Coupled with what is supposedly a long introductory section in the main game.

The slowness of DPPt with the slow star of BW sounds like torture. But I'll probably lobe it after that
>>
>>29370350
Being honest, the demo made me not really want the final game.

Team Skull grunts had me in stitches. Why did they make them wave their arms around like that when they walk? For what purpose?

Being unable to use the D-pad for movement was killing me. I tried to get used to it in the other games and simply couldn't. HMs being gone is PHENOMENAL, but getting the Tauros caught on the corner of a pixel is frustrating.

I have been expecting the final game to be easier compared to the earlier ones like X was (the fucking champion and elite 4 not having a full team even in the battle chateau, in fact they have LESS in the post game than in the main game), but this was just little bits of shit piling up.

At first I was saying i'd definitely be getting it anyway because, come on, it's Pokemon. Now i'm probably going to wait and see what end/post game is like and that'll decide.
>>
The demo honestly isn't very fun. And I don't think it's indictive of the final product.
They jut deliberately made it tedious, braindead easy and removed any chance for gratification.
I genuinely wish I skipped it and went in to the full game blind.
>>
>>29370810
I don't get why some people hate Team Skull. It's obvious that they're there for comedy.

The difficulty of the demo shouldn't be indicative of the final game, you have a high level, ev trained Greninja with 31 IVs on Atk, Sp. Atk and Spd. The only real "challenge" is the Ace Trainer
>>
No, it's just that they made choices in the demo that explicitly made it shitty and less fun than it should have been.

>No battling using actual new Pokemon or Alola forms
>Greninja's Battle Bond activates after a KO, meaning that you only get to use it in a small number of battles that have more than one enemy, and never again after that
>All the battles are basically effortless, not only involving little to no challenge, but also no real options to make things more interesting
>You get to use one new feature, Z-moves, but only for a single battle, and the Z-move you get to use is one we already saw the animation for in the trailer

ORAS's trainer was amazing by comparison, since they gave you all three starters fully-evolved and with their Mega stones. It felt like you could play around with a lot of stuff. It was also less explicitly clear what stuff was available to do, it felt like you were actually discovering secret stuff instead of just coming back on specific specified dates.
>>
>>29370979
>It's obvious that they're there for comedy.
Which i'm okay with. I wasn't expecting them to be super competent world-takeover plotters.

Unfortunately, what I find funniest about them doesn't seem to be intentional. They never stop waggling their arms around. Even when they're doing the "eyes wide with shock" thing they're still going through the same motion. Hopefully this is just for the demo. I mean, Suns' facial expression dosen't change either when he's getting charged by the totem mon or whatever it's called.

>The difficulty of the demo shouldn't be indicative of the final game
I didn't say it was. I'm saying that with the demo doing the opposite of what was intended for me that the full game is much less appealing given that it's probably going to be just as easy as X/Y. ORAS I can't say since i'm just about to start my first playthrough.
>>
>>29370350
>Not that the game was bad

anon, it's a demo.
>>
>>29370350
No enjoy losing your ability to enjoy anything by frequenting place like this for too long faggot.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.