[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's show this Pokemon some love. It's the most neglected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

File: Scubaby.png (11KB, 363x137px) Image search: [Google]
Scubaby.png
11KB, 363x137px
Let's show this Pokemon some love. It's the most neglected Gen 7 mon due to the fact that it's NFE and was overshadowed by the rest of the datamine.

What exactly is it? It evolves into what looks like a diving bell spider, but this stage doesn't really look like a spider. It seems to only have 2 limbs or maybe 3.

Are its eyes the big things that seem to have pupils? Or is the smaller things on top and that little line is actually a smile?
>>
>>29367815
Pretty sure it is still a diving bell spider. I think it has six limbs. Three on the bottom and three around the bubble. I hope the little line a smile but I suspect it is the eyebrows.
>>
>>29367815
We won't know for sure until it's revealed, but my guess is that it's some weird take on a diving bell spider but with scuba diver aspects put into it
>>
It looks like a virus, honestly.
>>
>>29367815

I think the bubble is making its head look bigger than it actually is.
>>
>>29367847
>three around the bubble.
Oh damn. Now this design makes a lot more sense.
>>
It is the combination of a diving bell spider and a bacteriophage, I'm assuming.
>>
It definitely has 6 legs with the 3 at the top.
>>
>>29367815
>What exactly is it?
Either a diving bell spider or a virus, same as its evolution. The other legs are cradling the bubble helmet as was already pointed out in the thread.

That being said, since viruses aren't technically living things, don't have DNA, and don't "evolve," I highly doubt that's what it is. Diving bell spider seems the more likely option.

Plus we already have a virus pokemon - Pokerus.

>Are its eyes the big things that seem to have pupils?
Yes. The pupils match the color of the wavy pupils its evolution has. The little line above them are its eyebrows.
>>
>>29367815

Bug/Psychic or Bug/Water?
>>
>>29367815
Why not wait until it actually gets a name, official artwork and brought out into the normie consciousness thanks to Youtube?
>>
>>29367815
I'm just hoping it's the first electric/dark but seems unlikely at this point, not even available on Melemele...
>>
>>29367815
>Diving Bell Spider
I believe it was designed off the Bell Spider, but I think its Psychic/Ice or Psychic/Electric
>>
>>29368168
It's not bug/psychic I'm sick of you coming in every thread about his Jon and saying its bug/psychic. What retard would even assume, I mean what on it even looks psychic? Nothing.
>>
>>29368168
>if spider
Bug/Water
>if virus
Bug/Dark or Electric/Dark. Viruses don't have brains or any sort of thought processes that would make Bug/Psychic make sense.
>>
>>29368379
>>if virus
>Bug/Dark or Electric/Dark
Wouldn't it make more sense to be Bug/Poison or Electric/Poison if it's a virus?
>>
I think it's bug/psychic
>>
Really hope it's Bug/Water, Surskit needs a buddy along with Wimpod.
>>
>>29368379
Do bells have brains? Cells? Clay dolls? Hell, Deoxys is a mutated virus and is pure Psychic?
>>
Hoping Wimpod evolves into Bug/Dragon or Bug/Dark and this thing is Bug/Water.
>>
File: 679.png (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
679.png
17KB, 256x256px
MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
>>
>>29368152
>since viruses aren't technically living things, don't have DNA, and don't "evolve," I highly doubt that's what it is
my dude you are aware that this is a franchise where we have monsters based on magnets and trash bags right
>>
My initial thought when I first saw it was Electric/Poison which I'm still really hoping it is, but I have a feeling it's going to be our second Water/Bug this gen.
>>
File: 1421068196726.jpg (8KB, 252x240px) Image search: [Google]
1421068196726.jpg
8KB, 252x240px
>>29369335
I laughed harder than I should have
>>
File: Consider the following.png (493KB, 805x469px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
493KB, 805x469px
>It was once a Bug/Electric predator
>Then it learned how to go underwater to get to its natural prey more easily, and became Bug/Water
>But it still retains Electric attacks because fuck you
>>
>>29370572
That's stupid enough where it just might work.
>>
>>29367847
What if its idle animation is the head and bubble deflating from the top and inflating on the bottom back and forth?
>>
>>29368510
It doesn't really need the poison type for anything, since it would get Infestation from bug type which fills the "infection" theme.
>>
>>29368710

this fucker is so cute somehow.

I will be devastated if it isn't bug type
>>
File: Deep-sea-amphipod-_1679482i.jpg (42KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Deep-sea-amphipod-_1679482i.jpg
42KB, 620x620px
>>29367815
I think it's based on this thing, its a deep sea amphipod, the bubble is the lumen/bell of a jellyfish like creature called a salp that it's killed and taken for itself
>>
File: 45.jpg (85KB, 575x707px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
85KB, 575x707px
>>29370917
>>
I like the first stage more than the second stage.
>>
>>29371043

What they fuck? They can actually wear bubbles on their asses? I thought they just lived in an underwater bubble.
>>
>>29369335
What he said isn't even true.
>>
>>29367861
this completely. It doesn't even look like a spider
>>
It's so obviously a spider using three of his legs to hold its little helmet bubble, then three legs to walk, and also it has a little :O expression with crossed eyes because cute.

I bet it looks amazing in motion/artwork.
>>
>>29367815
I can definitely see six limbs.

I really like this design. It's the diving bell spider like people have said, but backwards.

Its tail looks like a spider's head, and its head+bubble look like a spider's abdomen.

The bug-types in this gen are amazing. Don't know how I'm meant to pick just one.
>>
>>29371549
>The bug-types in this gen are amazing. Don't know how I'm meant to pick just one

Mono-type Bug run?
>>
>>29370881
I would have to catch ten, if that's the case
>>
Looks like a virus and I love it. I adore this line and it has a spot on my team no matter what.
>>
>>29370914
I agree with the cuteness. I can't wait to see it animated I'm sure it's eyes will do something adorable.
>>
>>29367815
Aquanaut
>>
>>29367815
She's a diode / lamp spider, probably, if lucky enough could end by not being part bug type despite being based on one.

I'd be okay with Ice/Electric, Ice/Poison, Poison/Electric.
>>
>>29368379
>le viruses are edgy
nice meme
>>
>>29368710
this is my mom's genesect's head and wimpod2 is my dad's genesect body to be honest
>>
>>29368379
>Viruses don't have brains or any sort of thought processes
>but they have a sense of morality and have no issues being willingly evil
okay
>>
>>29368152
>don't have DNA
>don't "evolve"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but viruses have either DNA or RNA, and while they're technically not alive due to not having their own metabolism, their genome is subject to evolutionary pressure.
>>
>>29373410
>She
>>
>>29368196
>not even available on Melemele

neither is togedemaru
>>
>>29368288

If I had to pick a typing with no other information besides its design I would guess Bug/Psychic.
>>
File: tripod_wip_25.jpg (224KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tripod_wip_25.jpg
224KB, 1024x768px
I'm so looking forward to using one, even do it might end up as a Bug/Water type, it would be pretty cool if it ended up Bug/Psychic and be this gen's alien mon, living in the ocean like a USO. Its design definitely reminds a lot of all those tripod designs in Sci-Fi stories and concept art. (Unidentified Submerged Object).
>>
>>29368710
Literally Spongebob.

While Spidive is holding its water helmet, its evo isn't. I'm worried we're heading for another non-Water type bug.

Maybe Bug -> Bug/Psychic?
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 265x190px
>>29374499
>>
>>29367815
its the new fossilmon
>>
>>29373858
Well shit. I'm sold now. I was on the fence about this line, but now having it remind me of classic WotW style tripods has given it a solid spot on my team. I need to see if the shiny form helps that visual connection further.
>>
File: Kent_Surskit_Water_Pulse.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Kent_Surskit_Water_Pulse.png
1MB, 1174x881px
>>29368168

Bug/Water and I will IRL duel anyone who claims otherwise to the death with rusty spoons at dawn
>>
>>29373417
Virus detected. I'm calling Norton.
>>
>>29371043
>>29371090
Fun fact.
If the big bubble they build underwater has the correct conditions (properly fresh water, enough healthy plants surrounding the bubble but not covering it, etc) that dome of hair will keep "regenerating" the oxygen through the contact with the water, saving the spider the need to go to the surface for fresh air and put it in the dome manually.
Since they actually can detect when the oxygen is running out, if these conditions are met most of them will actually pass the rest of their lives underwater, without ever touching the surface ever again.
>>
>>29375625
>dome of hair
Dumb error, meant "air".
>>
>>29375625
That's just awesome.
I'm genuinely glad Bugs got yet again another generation of love, because they need it.

Now if only the type effectiveness changed to reflect some of this love... I'd cry tears of joy as a bug maniac myself.
>>
I just hope is Bug/Water.
>>
Please remember that diving bell spiders have their bubbles around their ass and dont commonly hold their bubbles.
>>
>>29368152
They can have DNA and evolve
>>
>>29377738
Of course, that's where their lungs are, so holding it would be a hindrance.
>>
it's fucking shit
>>
>>29371549
>The bug-types in this gen are amazing. Don't know how I'm meant to pick just one.
This is easily the best bug gen behind gen 5, even if spidervirus ends up not being a Bug type
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.