[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that the only time we got a difficulty system it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: challengemode.png (4KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
challengemode.png
4KB, 256x192px
Why is it that the only time we got a difficulty system it was implemented so fucking poorly that most people had no realistic way to utilize it? Why will they never redo this properly?
>>
how
>>
I've often thought why they just didn't have a short test/quiz at the start of the game that asks the Players questions and if they show knowledge of the games then it locks them into challenge mode.

Something thatd be easy for older players but still difficult for first timer children
>>
File: Monster collecting.jpg (233KB, 1118x272px) Image search: [Google]
Monster collecting.jpg
233KB, 1118x272px
>>29358907
What I dont understand is how difficulty modes are so elusive for gamefreak. Nearly every other monster collecting game now has difficulty options.

And it's not like pokemon is marketed to just kids. The amount of gen 1 pandering is probably the most it's ever been due to the alola forms. So appealing to people who played the games 20 years ago with a still simple kids game isn't the brightest idea.

They wouldn't even have to tweak the A.I. They could just give important trainers more pokemon with varied types and more useful moves (even if it doesn't make sense for certain pokemon to know them at that point). And that would go a long way towards making the main story more engaging for some players.
>>
>>29359197
I mean they wouldn't even have to go that far, even just raising all wild and trainer pokémon levels by 3~5 would go a long way
>>
>>29358907
Game Freak is simultaneously lazy and hates its older fanbase (unless you're a Genwunner who barely touches the games, then they love you), and they leave out good features like this all the time. Difficulty modes are just one of the victims of this.
>>
>>29359197
little kids might get confused and pick hard mode
>>
>>29359222
raise every trainer/wild pokemon's level by 10% and make it always round up would be better
>>
>>29358907
I'm playing Digimon on hard mode and God am I having fun. Pokémon would only benefit from something like this.
>>
The last Pokémon game where I went through the slightest difficulty was Platinum (or D/P, can't remember) during the elite 4
>>
>>29359269
I wish there was a challenge mode that ev trained all Npc Pokemon in a similar way to the battle facilities
>>
>>29359262
Little kids can handle hard mode. Hell they would probably like it.
>>
>We want difficulty options!
>OK, here's a god awful implementation
>This is awful!
>Oh well, I guess people really don't want difficulty options after all :^)
Unfortunately this is how Nintendo/Gamefreak executives think.
>>
>>29359390
no, please understand, if kids play hard mode they will get frustrated and put the game down

it is best to make the games easy, and make sure if anything difficult occurs, we can guide them through it
>>
>>29359390
Apparently RBY were too hard for kids playing them on 3DS.
>>
>>29359390
They use more than 3 pokemon at times and some have items.

I've tried to get my little sister into pokemon but the biggest problem kids have is knowing where to go. Pokemon has awful writing and most kids are just going to skip it. I can't imagine a kid knowing where to go in platinum for example. SM fix this so a hard mode would be perfect now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.