[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Do you believe there's a pattern in the designs of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: Muh Patterns.png (394KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Muh Patterns.png
394KB, 1000x1000px
So... Do you believe there's a pattern in the designs of the starter Pokemons? I can't help but notice that GF decided to do the same thing with the starters this generation, one Tough (or "Barabait"), one Girly (or "Waifubait") and one Cool (or "Shilled"), and it looks like they're rotating them too.

Do you believe they'll do this again on Gen 8?
Do you think they'll rotate them again and make the Tough one Water, the Girly one Grass and the Cool one Fire?
Do you like it?

Personally, I do like it. I mean, I like all the starters this time around, something that hasn't happened since Gen 4, so I can see that if they follow this pattern doesn't mean that I'll dislike the designs.
It looks like GameFreak has made a starter that can appeal to almost everyone (guys, girls, gays, furfags, barafags, kids, etc.) and the only people mad are the ones who try to stick to a type and get mad when other starter gets the more appealing evolution. Previously starters were pretty random, like 3 manly designs, 2 manly and 1 elegant, etc.
>>
Delphox is girly?
>>
>>29358841
alomomola
>>
>>29358841
>it's another "underage tripfag makes one of the first posts in a thread for no reason other than attention whoring and adds nothing to the discussion" episode
kill yourself
>>
>>29358808
It's usually Shilled/Cool, Elegant, and Tough. But not every Elegant starter is necessarilly feminine (Sceptile, Empoleon, Serperior).

Feminine starters might become a trend though, now that we've had two in a row.
>>
File: choices.png (204KB, 664x449px) Image search: [Google]
choices.png
204KB, 664x449px
There's always been a pattern.
>>
File: qt.gif (480KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
qt.gif
480KB, 320x240px
>>29358841
Even if you try to ignore it, Braixen is girly as hell

>>29358958
Yeah, I wanted to say elegant instead, but the other starters on Gen V are manly and "tough", I see nothing cool about them

I do hope that if we get another girly starter, it is Grass, because the other types already have one
>>
>>29358970
Technically Froakie and Rowlet got the "Cool" evolutions of their trios
>>
I hope the next set of starters are all coolmons, like in Sinnoh and Unova
>>
File: 1476319768429.png (209KB, 352x506px) Image search: [Google]
1476319768429.png
209KB, 352x506px
>>29358841
At this angle. It looks very girly
>>
File: HNI_0098.jpg (95KB, 459x500px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0098.jpg
95KB, 459x500px
Venusaur
>The awkward one
Charizard
>The cool one
Blastoise
>The tough one

Typhlosion, Meganium, Feraligatr follow the same trends

Sceptile
>the cool one
Blasiken
>the tough one
Swampert
>the awkward one

Torterra
>the tough one
Infernape
>the cool one
Empoleon
>the awkward one

Serperior
>the cool one
Emboar
>the tough one
Samurott
>the awkward one

Chesnaught
>the tough one
Grenigger
>the cool one
Delphox
>the awkward one

Robinhoot
>the cool one
Luchalitten
>the tough one
Poppmaid
>the awkward one
>>
>>29358808
I can see next gen's tough starter being a pirate as a rival to the Froakie line.
>>
>>29359297
>empoleon
>venusaur
>awkward

>serperior is in cool, but delphox and popmaid in awkward

Nah, this is too forced, the only truly "awkward" final evolutions are swampert and samurott
>>
>>29358808
If this is true then it looks like I can finally look forward to the fire starter next gen.
>>
>>29359363
Your view is skewed by bias.
>>
>>29359378
>Awkward
adjective
lacking skill or dexterity.
Synonyms: clumsy, inept; unskillful, unhandy, inexpert.
Antonyms: deft, adroit, skillful, dexterous; handy.
lacking grace or ease in movement: an awkward gesture;
an awkward dancer.
Synonyms: uncoordinated, graceless, ungainly; gawky; maladroit; clumsy.
Antonyms: graceful.

Poppmaid and Serperior are both Awkward and Graceful at the same time, Delphox is a hobo
>>
>>29359059
It's more about what they start as.
>>
>>29359416
Serperior is not nearly as awkward as Samurrot
>>
>>29359522
Agreed, I was just talking about these three because apparently I have "bias"
>>
>>29358808
that's what it seems like is happening, but what animals would fit?
>>
File: images-4.jpg (7KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
7KB, 222x227px
>>29358808
>Boxed my starter in X and Y
>Boxing in sun and moon
>If it's true most likely boxing in gen 8
>>
>>29358970
> Cyndaquil, Froakie and Rowlett being oddballs
> Fennekin being cool and not cute
>>
>>29358808
>following this trend gen 8 will have a grass type girly starter
>grass type waifubait mon
My dick is ready
>>
>>29362010
So you don't like ANYTHING at all?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.