[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He's going to include past gen pokemon on his team in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1471121158198.png (78KB, 218x254px) Image search: [Google]
1471121158198.png
78KB, 218x254px
>He's going to include past gen pokemon on his team in a new generation.

For what purpose?
>>
Because I like Alolachu
>>
zmoves
alolaformes
nostlagia
i think theres a 4th one..
>>
File: 1461103883640.png (7KB, 511x503px) Image search: [Google]
1461103883640.png
7KB, 511x503px
Because there aren't enough new Bug-types.
>>
>>29357243
because im playing Soul silver
>>
>>29357243
Because there's still pokemon I haven't used before this early in game
>>
Because I didn't used them in a previous team ?
>>
Aside from alolan forms why would anyone use pokemon from past generations instead of using the new pokemon that are given?
>>
>>29357243
Generally I never do that.

But I used Ampharos last gen because I wanted to use a mega.

I'd kind of like to have a pokemon with a mega this gen as well, even if it only happens postgame. So I might end up adding Metagross.
>>
>>29357243
in case you never used them, it's still a new experience.

>>29357357
underrated
>>
File: the squad.png (68KB, 484x302px) Image search: [Google]
the squad.png
68KB, 484x302px
>>29357243
I really like Crobat. I don't know why.
>>
File: snorlax bag.jpg (53KB, 580x359px) Image search: [Google]
snorlax bag.jpg
53KB, 580x359px
>>29357243
Generations come and go, but Snorlax, Slowbro and Scizor will always be my all time favorites.
>>
There's no wrong way to use a pokemon. but it bothers me more that people choose to use past gen mons during game play instead of postgame
>>
File: 16.png (238KB, 424x414px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
238KB, 424x414px
>>29357243
I usually try not to do this, but it's hard when there are so few new Pokémon and 1/4 of them are Legendaries or UBs. Combined with the island Dex leak revealing Jangmo-o won't be available until the fourth island (which means you'd have to grind to get it to its final form before the E4 since it's 99% likely the pseudo of this Gen), and I'm not sure if I can come up with a full team I would like that's readily available for a playthrough without pre-breeding.
>>
>>29357888
i doubt that you won't have a full team just take out ones you don't want to use when you get to the island
>>
I like to try out past gen pokemon that I've never used before. After my ORAS playthrough I learned that I really like Roserade.
>>
If they're mad men and actually buff Ice way up, I want to bring Vanillite (which is in the regional dex) back to my team like two gens ago. But that's only a small possibility.
>>
File: roserade.jpg (52KB, 457x600px) Image search: [Google]
roserade.jpg
52KB, 457x600px
>>29357946
I loved roserade in DPPt. A superb taste anon.
>>
>>29357923
I don't level up Pokémon I don't plan on taking to the end. If I'm playing a game and the first Pokémon besides my starter that I want to use doesn't appear until 2-3 badges in, I'll solo the game with my starter until that point (and then excessively use that new Pokémon so it can catch up). I can accept taking in a new Pokémon 6-7 badges in at latest (any longer and it's not really part of the team), and fourth island implies Jangmo-o would be available at about that equivalent point, but it's a pseudo and they always have both slow experience curves and high level requirements to reach final form. I could probably cheese it with Amie or the Exp. Share but that would ruin any chance of the playthrough being fun since it would have the side effect of me steamrolling the rest of the game without even the illusion of challenge.

The only Pokémon that definitely have a solid, permanent spot on my team right now are Poppmaid, Oracorio, and Oranguru, and it would have been Jangmo-o for a fourth if not for the revelation stated above. I don't know if any other Pokémon endear me enough to use, other than Mimikyu but I'm not using Mimikyu my first playthrough because EVERYONE is going to use Mimikyu for their first playthrough.
>>
Because my favorite Pokemon is catchable.

It's the only non-Alolan Pokemon, but still.

I'm not forgoing my favorite.
>>
>>29358057
>I don't level up Pokémon I don't plan on taking to the end. If I'm playing a game and the first Pokémon besides my starter that I want to use doesn't appear until 2-3 badges in, I'll solo the game with my starter until that point (and then excessively use that new Pokémon so it can catch up).
Literally me.

> I don't know if any other Pokémon endear me enough to use, other than Mimikyu but I'm not using Mimikyu my first playthrough because EVERYONE is going to use Mimikyu for their first playthrough.
Why the fuck do you care what other people are going to be using their first playthrough?
>>
>>29358176
Because I don't want my team to be the same team everyone else used. I remember XY team threads were all filled with the exact same shit, I want to be a special snowflake and not have the exact same team as everyone else.
>>
>>29357243
>Because the vast majority of Pokemon added in GSC are babies and shitmons.
>Because the only Kalos-native Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution is a legendary.
>Because Alola Forms exist.
>Because there might be a cool Pokemon you never got to try.
>Because an old Pokemon might have gotten a new move, typing, or ability that changes how it plays.

Plenty of good reasons, anon. My mindset has always been that if its in the regional dex, its free game.
>>
Because I found it impossible to find 6 Pokemon I'd like to have in my team considering the WIDE and BIG amount of new Pokemon there are. It's SOOOOOO big that not even Kanto Pokemon managed to overtake it. So much variety, I'm so impressed.
>>
Because Mawile has been on every team i've had since its' introduction and that won't change now.

Also because there aren't many new mon designs that interest me. Mawile is still going to be the only one I bring over, but i'm probably going to end up with a lopsided team.

>>29358248
>Because the only Kalos-native Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution is a legendary.
What. Which one?
>>
>>29358411
Diancie.
>>
>>29358411
Diancie?
>>
>>29358418
>>29358419
Oh yeah. That exists. Isn't it a stupid mythical or something?
>>
>>29358176
>Why the fuck do you care what other people are going to be using their first playthrough?

Maybe because people have fucking friends who're also getting the games on release day and wanna have unique teams.
>>
>>29357353

Was literally going to say this. Was planning on a monotype bug team, but unless I use two ultra beasts, I'll just throw trusty bug I might have never used before

I seriously hope there's at least some alola form bugs that weren't leaked
>>
>>29358418
>>29358419
It's gen 7 technically
>>
Because barely any of the gen vii pokemon appeal to me.
>>
>>29358498
How the fuck do you figure that?
>>
>>29357348
alomomola
>>
>>29358437
Beautiful pokemon, really good mega evolution. No, it's a really nice mythical.
>>
>>29358498
It was introduced in Gen 6, its Mega is in ORAS, how is it Gen 7?
>>
>>29357243
to fill the gaping hole in my team because 69/73 are fuckinh SHIT.

And stoked surfing bro is the fucking shit.
also mfw alolachu is the only alola forme i can remember

oh wait ninetales, oh and exeggutor
>>
>>29357415
Everyone likes crobat. Its a solid mon.
>>
File: 1428121670053.png (18KB, 174x134px) Image search: [Google]
1428121670053.png
18KB, 174x134px
>>29357243
>For what purpose?
Because it's none of your business how I play my game?
>>
>>29358212
>I want to be a special snowflake
Well, if that's your reason, that's your reason. It's still pretty silly, but at least you recognize it as such.

>>29358468
That doesn't make it any less stupid. Cutting yourself off from a given pokemon JUST because a lot of other people like it even though you really do too (on a first playthrough that you won't get back to make it even worse) is something else. Nobody is going to care that they use the same Pokemon as somebody else.
>>
>>29357946
Same! I played ORAS as a nuzlocke my first time and Roserade was one of the best ones in my lineup.
>>
>>29357243
Cause fuck you
You're not my mom
I can do what I want
>>
>>29357348
Trying to make a decent team comp for ingame
>>
There's not many Gen VII pokemon to choose from.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.