[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/vp/ is okay with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyZ 1IxDaqfc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (86KB, 216x162px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
86KB, 216x162px
>/vp/ is okay with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyZ1IxDaqfc
>>
How did I know this would be a Verlis video? I just looked at the embed and knew this would come from Verlisify. How did I know, /vp/?
>>
>>29351928
autism
>>
I'm not usually into the compshit but I gotta agree with mr. youtube commentator that this is pretty shitty.
>>
I don't like Velis, but I agree this was bullshit.
>>
/vp/ doesn't care
>>
>competitive players shouldn't play to the rules of the game
Go away verlis
>>
>>29351910
fuck verlisify faggot
>>
>>29351990
I don't know this guy (and his whining about being "forced to lose" sounded stupid) but it does say right there in the rules that timer stalling is supposed to be considered a major offense. That Jap blatantly taking up repeated full timer turns was objectively disgusting.
>>
>>29351910
This is the one thing any reasonable person would agree on with him. Timer stalling makes you a fucking asshole. Furfag is right this time.
>>
>girls actually try to win
>boys time stall and cheat

makes you think
>>
Can someone tl;dw?
>>
>>29352061
Guy points out that players in the world championships are timer stalling and being praised by the live commentators for doing it, even though the official written rules consider it a major unsportsmanlike offense.

Then he whines about TPC employees personally hating him or something.
>>
>>29351910
i don't really see how this was bad sportsmanship. it's a live competition. if another player makes a bad move, it's their fault when the only response to it possible is to stall it out. she lost the second she made that move. dude's not going to just give up. he seems like a bit of a smug asshole, but i would be too if i just fucking won a VGC tournament. verlisify is an annoying fucktard.
>>
>>29352047
>girl makes a really poor decision
>boy makes the best of his limited options
stop looking at things through such a rose tinted lense
>>
>>29352075
When you only have two Pokemon left and the game is asking you to select which two Pokemon to send out next, I really don't think you have an excuse for sitting there for 40 seconds trying to decide which two of your two Pokemon to choose.

The other situations could be questionable, but a judge should've leaned in and said something about the painfully obvious ones. Even if you hate this guy, you can't deny that the rules directly say that timer stalling isn't allowed.
>>
>>29352113
it doesn't say time stalling isn't allowed, it just says it's """"""poor sportsman"""""" is discouraged which is a fluffy as fuck guideline

winning in a competition where money is on the line is the only excuse you need. If they don't want time stalling they shouldn't have designed the game that way. Thankfully it seems that they fixed it in SM.
>>
>>29352027
Except it's not an offense and it's never been punished. It's part of tournaments and you're allowed to use it to your advantage
>>
>>29352146
>If they don't want time stalling they shouldn't have designed the game that way.
I can agree on that point. None of this would happen if the game's developers didn't implement a broken system in the first place.

>Thankfully it seems that they fixed it in SM.

Oh? What did they do? Did they implement something like a chess clock?
>>
As someone who actually played against the girl in question at other tournaments, I can confirm that she always plays really slow and takes too much time to decide what to do. This isn't the first time the clock has screwed her. She really needs to learn to play faster if she doesn't want this to happen.
>>
>>29352164
Yes, you have 10 minutes of total command time each and if it runs out, you lose
>>
the girl made a risky move and it bit her in the ass. dude didn't do anything wrong. the people whining at him are the unsportsmanly ones. i bet if it were her that stalled him they'd all tell her how much of a clever girl she is.
>>
>>29352184
Well there we go then. Problem solved for next year.
>>
>>29351910

I was watching this video not from beginning and then it stopped and then I heard this narcissist faggot...

CHRIST...
>>
>>29352184
source on this?
>>
>>29352231
nvm found it: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-new-pokemon-vgc-format-starts-in-december/
>>
>>29352216

like seriously... how many videos he made about this shit? is he stuck into time hole or what? also his followers are the same... they all are doing the same shit and they can't even change

isn't that some kind of mental issue? I know that there is something like that, when you have emotionless expression and you keep doing the same shit again and again and you are not learning anything at all from your behaviour
>>
This was absolutely disgusting. We need to send this poor woman money to make up for the loss of what should have been her tournament win.
>>
>>29352113
The problem with the 'bringin in your last (2) pokemon' situation is that sometimes the actual slot you put them into matters so they have to give the players thinking time for it. How the player uses that thinking time, be it for an attempt at winning on tie-breakers or planning out the next few turns, is totally fair game.

>>29352074
>>29352027
The time-stalling rule is for TCG. The VG rules state that you can use all the time given to you.
>>
>>29352260

Asperger syndrome [literally autism]
>>
>>29351910
I don't understand why battles are timed in the first place. The whole point of timed turns is so that the player has some time to think but eventually moves their ass if they don't want a move auto-selected for them.

They should at least penalize the staller. It's not fun for the audience to watch them sit and do nothing then call himself a winner for it.
>>
>>29351910
I agree but fuck Verlishit.
>>
>>29352240
>Pokémon will not be allowed to hold Mega Stones, so Mega Evolution will not be allowed. However, Pokémon will be able to hold Z-Crystals, allowing the use of new and powerful Z-Moves.

Huh, so my assumption was right. Z-moves really are meant to replace mega evolution. Mega evolution will still be there in the casual realm just for the sake of carrying over a major feature from the previous gen, but Z-crystals are meant to be the new megas.
>>
>>29351910
Fuck verlfuck, but I have to agree this was really shit.
>>
>>29351928
cause there is an arrow in the thumbnail
>>
>>29352075
>>29352146
>>29352195
It's poor sportsmanship because it's not fun. The opponent gets to sit there and watch themself lose to someone who isn't even doing anything, and the audience gets to watch a whole lot of nothing happening. Everyone is forced to stare at some asshole just sitting there, doing nothing, instead of an actual battle.

Tons of other sports and games have had to deal with this shit, and it's frowned upon almost universally. Nobody wants to watch someone sit there and win for doing nothing, they want to watch people compete. See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_out_the_clock

Looks like this shit is getting stamped out as of next year, though, according to >>29352240. So there won't be anything to argue about next time since stalling will only hurt yourself.
>>
>>29351910
vp are shit competitors... do what you have to do to win within the rules of course...
>>
That girl is really cute though
>>
Not all default rules are good. There's a good reason why smashfags ban 90% of the stages
>>
>>29351910
I get the timer for every attack but I never got the match timer
>>
>>29352708
your standards are very low
>>
Verlis is a fag.
>>
>>29353486
It allows the tournament to run to a pretty concistent schedule without having to deal with manual tie-breakers, which would require judges.
>>
>>29353531
>It allows the tournament to run to a pretty concistent schedule
that makes sense
I still think it should be like tennis or something like that though
>>
>>29351928
I'm SURPRISED there was NO capital words, who would have THOUGHT?
>>
so verlisify is okay with evasion but thinks that timerstalling is bad?
>>
>tfw verlisify is right
>tfw verlisify was always right
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.