[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss Pokémon on the Switch. The possibilities.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 11

File: nintendo-switch.jpg (464KB, 1352x1040px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-switch.jpg
464KB, 1352x1040px
Let's discuss Pokémon on the Switch. The possibilities.

Will you buy one if the main games go there? Do you think they will? Considering the design of the console, what do you think are the possibilities for a Pokémon game on it?

Personally I don't think the main games will go to the Switch because that would just kill the 3DS. No, I don't think Nintendo intends to make the Switch their new main portable device. That'd be having all your eggs in one basket. Their profits would be attached to a single product. That'd be insane.
>>
>>29347913
They confirmed today that the Switch is supposed to be a Wii U successor, not a Wii U -and- 3DS successor.
>>
>>29347956
Of course they're going to say that. The 3DS is still selling and there is a big Pokémon game coming out next month. Just like Bethesda refused to confirm Skyrim Remastered is coming to the Switch on March so it won't hinder the sales for other consoles this year.

We can't trust them for now.
>>
>>29347956
They've also confirmed that Gamefreak and The Pokémon Company are working on a Pokémon game for it.
>>
>>29347913
I might buy one if it will be possible to only buy the "handheld version" for a cheaper price, and MAYBE if it will be possible to use my computer screen for the console part. I use my computer to watch movies and series, so I don't even own a TV.

I know I could still buy the whole thing and just use it as a handheld, but it would be probably a waste of money, since it will probably cost as much as a console.
>>
>>29348006
There's a difference between Bethesda not commenting one way or the other and Nintendo explicitly telling us that the Switch isn't going to be the 3DS' successor. Not to mention that it's referred to as the new "home console" everywhere.
>>
>>29348006
It's coming out in six months, after the holidays are well over. Unless they're just waiting until after the holidays, that seems like baloney to me.
>>
>>29348056

Yeah and before any of that they said the Nintendo NX is not a succesor of the wii u.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/16/nintendo-president-nx-is-not-the-successor-to-the-wii-u-nor-to-the-3ds

So suck it.
>>
>>29347956
They said that no where.

In the west, they're marketing it as a console first and foremost. In Japland where things actually matter for nintendo, it is marketed as a hand held first and foremost.

We're getting a main game on it, moron
>>
>>29348056
Nintendo has been straight lying to our faces a lot lately. We can't really trust what they say if what they're saying is something that can impact their profits.

Don't forget they already said looking straight into our eyes that the NX wasn't going to substitute the Wii U. Fuck, they even lied to developers several times, which helped cause the third party abandonment of the Wii U.

I don't think the 3DS is going away, but if it is, you can be sure that Nintendo isn't going to say that now.

>hey guys, Pokémon Sun & Moon will come out for the Switch so don't buy a 3DS and don't buy the game
>wait till March! thanks
>>
>>29348056
Being a Wii U successor doesn't mean it won't be replacing both. Switch is basically what the Wii U was always meant to be, and in that regard it's more like the Wii U than the 3DS. However, it's both a handheld and a home console, and Nintendo sure as hell isn't going to release anything that is purely one or the other soon after the Switch.
>>
They said that mainline will only ever be on handhelds.

Then again, half the gimmick of Switch seems to be that it can be a handheld.
>>
>>29348202
Portability was half the gimmick of the Wii U as well, they just did a shitty job of it.
>>
>>29347913

>No, I don't think Nintendo intends to make the Switch their new main portable device. That'd be having all your eggs in one basket. Their profits would be attached to a single product. That'd be insane.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-japan-merges-handheld-and-console-hardware-teams/1100-6402465/

Not as crazy as you think. They've been preparing for this.
>>
>>29348226
Yea except that was "portable" in the sense that you could maybe move around your living room a bit.

Granted, playing all of Kirby and the rainbow curse on the game pad in a day while my cousin fucked around on my TV was pretty comfy.

This seems more what I originally thought the DS was gonna be, a mobile home console.

Battery life might be an issue but I own like 8 battery packs and converters so all I'd need to do is get one for the switch's thing.
>>
>>29348265
Imagine if the Switch flops. The Wii U was a disaster but at least the 3DS did well enough to make up for it.
>>
>>29348192
Nintendo aren't going to make families buy like 3 of these "consoles" to play pokemon games. 3ds will stay due to the dual screens and touch pad, switch will replace wii U.
>>
The Switch seems quite powerful for a handheld, the question is how well they can utilize the SM models and what they'll look like.

Given that this system is the first time since the GBA that the handhelds aren't linked in some way, it might be a while before they fully migrate. We might get a DP remake on the 3DS, since they haven't confirmed a touchscreen on the console. It'd be nice if they could link each other up just on the 3DS for now, then use Pokébank to transfer onto whatever the new game would be.
>>
>>29348299
3DS printed them money hand over fist and they're still loaded from Wii and other things.

The real thing in danger from the Switch is the public's trust in Nintendo. It's already relatively low after the Wii U and if there's two bad consoles in a row I'm not sure they'll be able to make it up to people.
>>
File: yeeees.gif (950KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
yeeees.gif
950KB, 576x432px
>Soul Silver/Heart Gold on Switch
>>
>>29348302
Actually that's a good point. The Switch is most definitely going to be significantly more expensive than a new Nintendo handheld would be.
>>
>>29348331
It would look like absolute dogshit upscaled to what is likely a native 720p resolution handheld display. Even worse on an HDTV.
>>
>>29348299

If the switch flops they will be a developing team. Unless they force Gamefreak to give what everyone has always wanted and thats a pokemon game with console graphics. That would sell the system itself.
>>
>>29348096
Yes, they did.

https://twitter.com/katepianon/status/789280231471185920

On top of that, they've exclusively been calling it a home console. It's a console that can become handheld, not a handheld that can become a console.

They're not going to kill the DS line of handhelds off unless this thing is insanely successful.
>>
>>29348202
The switch can't "be a handheld". It *is* a handheld. The only purpose of the dock, as stated directly by Nintendo, is for charging and to allow TV output. The dock has no native hardware beyond that, so it's not like it'll enhance the experience. The Switch is literally a tablet gaming device that can be taken on the go and played on a big screen when you're at home.

That's not to say that it will replace the 3DS, because that has it's own set of gimmicks in and of itself. Nintendo handheld gaming has kind of come to rely on the second screen for most of it's games, with touch functionality/gameplay and the really nice-looking 3D effect on the 3DS. After four generations of pokemon (if you wanna go ahead and include Sun/Moon) utilizing the second screen for the battle menu and such, it would be really awkward to go back to the menu sharing the same screen, though not impossible.

I get the feeling that the Switch is going to be more of a gimmick console for the general market. The Wii brought in a bunch of non-gamers and casual people because it had motion control and that was a unique thing at the time. Now we have full-blown VR available for home use so it's not so much anymore. The Wii U was like a way to cash in on the DS crowd for a home console with more modern graphics and without relying on motion controls anymore, but if you aren't a DS fan or a Nintendo fan, it falls kinda flat. The Switch will bring in people more of those non-gamers and casuals again because they'll be able to play console quality games on the go then plug in for big screen gaming, and in a mobile gaming flushed market, that's a big deal. Wii U may well stick around for more gimmicky games. Breath of the Wild relies on the Shiekah Slate as a game mechanic, and that will be much richer on Wii U where you actually have a tablet controller to interact with. It's that versus taking it everywhere, so matter of taste. Switch is just a cash grab for normies.
>>
File: interesting.jpg (21KB, 350x342px)
interesting.jpg
21KB, 350x342px
Imagine a open-world Pokémon RPG in the style of Dragon Quest.
>>
>>29348327
The Switch actually has less gimmicks this time, which should make porting a bit less of an issue. Given that the portability doesn't impact the actual gameplay, they won't have to add gyro or touch gimmicks.

I honestly hope they make a gyro attachment, I can't play Splatoon anyway else.
>>
>>29347913
Why? They never released a main series pokemon game on the N64, Gamecube, wii, or Wii U.
>>
>>29348401
>it would be really awkward to go back to the menu sharing the same screen

I don't think it would, simply because the screen is way bigger and you can play on your tv, which is even bigger. We wouldn't lose space on the screen at all. Menus aren't that big.
>>
If the Switch bombs, will Gamefreak continue releasing for the 3DS or look for other platforms?
>>
>>29348419
Back when the detachable things were just rumors there was a bunch of fan art of optional game peripherals for separate things. I kind of hope that comes about if it's done well
>>
>>29348419
why did you feel the need to spoiler that
>>
>>29348435
Phones. I have a feeling putting a few spinoff titles on phones is their contingency plan of sorts.
>>
>>29348366

It's actually what this anon said >>29348006

They would never purposely hurt their own sales. Honestly its already happening.How many great games have been coming out for the 3ds? The game development has slowed way down and dont be surprised if it stops all together now that Nintendo has a hand held portable console.
>>
>>29348427
Times have changed. Now they are truly desperate.

Maybe not a main series, but something truly big might be coming. Something like Pokémon Go was for mobile. A big Pokémon game that will get more famous than the main series, like PoGo did.
>>
>>29348447
Minor digression. It would be neat if other devs included a gyro mode for a hypothetical attachment.
>>
>>29348427
They're being deliberately vague about what they intend the Switch to be. It's technically capable of pure handheld gameplay without even owning a TV, but its hardware and suspected battery life/price make it a difficult competitor for the 3DS and Vita, let alone tablets and phones.

And honestly the vagueness alone will threaten to sink its sales prospects.
>>
>>29348401
Cont'd.

That said, I'd *love* to see how they'd handle a pokemon game on Switch, how they'd take advantage of the powerful graphical processing, how they'd make the system work these days without a second screen, etc. If they gave us a main-line game with modern console graphics simply because we now have a portable console that can crank out visuals like that, I'd play the shit out of it, and do so in glorious HD on my tv. I kind of hope they do something like that, but I also get the feeling that Nintendo will continue to support their dual screen consoles and the 3DS line as their most versatile and fun handheld console, since it can do more innovative things than a fancy gaming tablet that most likely doesn't even have touch functionality.

If a pokemon game goes to the Switch, it will probably be something akin to Coliseum or XD that's a pseudo-mainline game with catching, battling, a story to play through, but more of an experimental one-off thing than a fully-realized pokemon game. I'd still be okay with that as those were fun games, if a bit short. If it meant I could swap back and forth with pokemon bank and have a kind of Pokemon Stadium experience on a modern console then rock on. I wouldn't bitch.

Regardless, I don't think the DS line of handhelds is going anywhere. Give it another few years and we'll have a 3DS Plus or Neo or some shit like that that's got more power, maybe even comparable to the switch by that point, but with the good old touch screen and 3D effects for more hands-on gaming. Nintendo struck gold with that idea and I don't see them giving it up any time soon.
>>
>>29348401
The dock being a power source is a big deal though.

There's no way this thing is playing 1080p games like BoTW and Skyrim games on the go without making some concessions. The battery life would last 10 minutes and it would be hot enough to cook on. It likely downscales the games significantly when you remove it.
>>
>Red and Blue sequel
>This time in full 3D
>In Kanto, 20 years after the original story
>Plenty of Kanto forms for Pokemon of the newer generations

GF does that, and I guarantee that I'm buying a Switch.
>>
>>29348557
It has a cooling fan at least
>>
>>29348434
You're not wrong, but it would put some people off who've gotten used to (or grew up entirely with) touch controls. If you try to get someone who's used to that to play a pokemon game that requires them to manually navigate a menu via d-pad and buttons, it might feel too awkward. Not that it would bother me personally, but some might have issues. The sad part is, this would be a total non-issue for me, but I've learned by now to expect people to bitch about the stupidest shit, and that would be #1 on the list for a lot of people who aren't die-hard nintendo or pokemon fans.
>>
>>29348401
It's not even a proper tablet since the controller pieces are mandatory and there's likely no touch screen. You couldn't use it when its docked, after all.
They learned nothing from the Wii U and are trying to sell this to literally anybody.
>>
>>29348366
Who has even confirmed this? Literally anybody that reported it can't even find the source.

You people are so stupid. It's like this is your run with Nintendo. They literally said the NX is not replacing the Wii U or 3DS for like ages now like the bullshit third pillar crap with the DS. Suddenly now that there's nothing left on the Wii U, it's fine to say it's replacing the Wii U. I promise you when it starts selling, they'll just say it replaced the 3DS too. There's no other reason they'd make a hybrid console after the Wii U if this wasn't the case.
>>
>>29348606
no
stop
I don't want more kanto
>>
>>29347913
DESU I'm expecting the Switch game to be a Yellow remake. GF is in full Genwun Pander Mode™ and I think they think that's the way to move forward.
>>
>>29348557
It's possible, but then again, we don't have any official word. It might be exactly what it says on the tin: A modern gaming tablet that plays HD games on the go and can be plugged into your TV to play on a nicer screen. Whichever way you look at it, the battery life is going to be awful unless they invest a *lot* of money in really good batteries, which will drive the cost of the console up a fair bit.

I really don't see them allowing that big of a difference in performance between the two settings when the whole schtick is to take modern gaming on the go. If they advertise that way and then the portable mode looks like ass, they'll be burned at the stake, and they won't recover this time. They'll be out of the console game for good and relegated to handheld devices for the rest of their days.

Given, I wouldn't be heartbroken about that, as I'm sure they'd be willing to work out a deal for their flagship series' on other consoles if such a thing came to pass and then they'd focus on making their handhelds even more powerful and badass than the 3DS already is. It's kind of sad when I've hit the point where I'm almost kind of hoping this bombs hard so we can start getting some quality nintendo console titles on more powerful systems and some more focus on what they do better in terms of hardware.
>>
>>29348669
This.

I remember that third pillar bullshit. Outright lie.

Remember when they were hoping the GBA Micro would be a Big Deal™? I remember some big promises surrounding that thing as well.

The Switch looks pretty fantastic, though. I'll likely get one. I was dumb enough to buy a Wii U near the launch window, and I actually loved the thing. Mine died, though. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is still stuck inside it.
>>
>>29348656
That's not confirmed. It's likely a touchscreen just to access menus and the OS like the Vita. So glad they confirmed there's no more dual screen bullshit. It's so obviously tacked on to the 3DS and Wii U after the success of the DS.

The Switch's reception is so much better than Wii U's already since it's basically what people wanted in the Wii U to begin with. It's actually what fans have asked from Nintendo for ages. A powerful handheld that can steam to your TV. No forced dual screen, 3D or any gimmicks on developers or fans, none of that bullshit. Just port it over, play on one screen. You choose whether you want it on TV or not.
>>
>>29348702
>>29348606
It shouldn't be a sequel it should just be a re-remake.

Even as a person that likes kanto and gen 1 a fair bit I can see why some people would be upset by it.

Give full 3d Kanto and then let other regions do shit until the 30th anniversary or something
>>
>>29348739
I doubt they'd do something like that. As far as sheer power goes, there's little more they could do to actually compete, especially with PC gaming and all. The system doesn't have anything that might actually be integral for gameplay at the moment, so that would probably reduce costs already.
>>
>>29348669
There's no reason to replace a good handheld with a possibly good handheld that's half console.

There's plenty of reason to replace a poor console with a possibly good console that's half handheld.

"Third pillar" was just bullshit to make it so that people didn't get burned too hard on the wii u
>>
>>29348656
That's literally what I said. This is their attempt to make lightning strike twice. The Wii was their golden child that gave birth to motion control gaming and brought an entirely new market into the fold for them until motion controls became wide-spread and even improved upon. The Wii U was a second attempt that said "The two screen thing is super popular on the DS/3DS. Let's try that with a console!" and it's not bad in the slightest, but it also didn't have a strong line up of titles like it really needed at launch or shortly after. The fact that they didn't even attempt to give us a new Metroid Prime style game with the game pad having all kinds of cool features was a gigantic "shit the bed" moment.

The Switch feels like them going back to the drawing board and saying "What's gonna make regular people flock to this console like the Wii?" and the answer they came up with was "Modern gaming that you can take with you anywhere." because the market is flooded with MOBAs and crappy mobile gaming, so for those that aren't happy settling for the graphics on a 3DS, they're giving them a full-on console experience in their hands. It's a rather nice idea, but the true test is going to come when they announce all their titles they have lined up.

We know they have Skyrim now, Zelda has been guaranteed, Mario Kart is a given, and when we see more, they may just draw in the market numbers to make this thing work. Time will tell, but for now I'm perfectly happy with my 3DS and my Wii U, and that's what I'll be buying Breath of the Wild on, because it's basically *made* to work with the tablet controller. It's Twilight Princess on the Wii all over again there, but whatever.
>>
>>29348557
>It likely downscales the games significantly when you remove it

I hope so. The worse possible outcome is fucking up the game while on the console mode. I don't care for the handheld mode.
>>
>>29347913
If I'm buying the Switch, I'm buying it to play lots of different games on, not just Pokémon. I can no longer afford buying new systems just for one game.

I was literally 5 minutes from selling my 3DS, utilizing instead I bought a bunch of digital games.
>>
Gen 8 will obviously be on the switch. Gamefreak even confirmed pokemon will be on it. I will also buy a switch for gen 8. SM is 3.2 Gbs on the 3ds and I don't think the 3ds can take any more.
>>
>>29348669
Say what you want, I guarantee you there will be a third DS console eventually, especially if this thing flops. They're not going to kill off what has been their bread and butter for the last 20+ years for an experimental console. It just isn't going to happen.
>>
>>29348302
There is almost certainly gonna be a "handheld" version of it. The trailer shows multiple people playing on their Switches together. The base sounds more like an add on, but the kind you would be stupid not to get. I'm guessing the Switch Handheld will probably lack any real memory capacity, but cost 50ish dollars less, just like WiiU Basic.

>>29347913
I think in 3 years, if there is no new handheld console in sight, we will get a Switch mainline game. I will probably get a Switch either way, because it seems like a decent blend of handheld and console, but I get why people are upset about it. It will probably lack the processing power to do too much when not connected to the base.

It also depends on pricing. If it goes for no more than $300, it can easily wedge into the handheld market. But that would require Nintendo to sell the platform at a loss to increase game sales (like Sony and MS do), but they have never done so before, so we will see.
>>
>>29349162
>3 years
2 years most likely. Gen 7 only has 2 mythical mon and one is being redistributed this year. I think Gamefreak is ready for the switch
>>
>>29349209
>Gen 8 is 2 years
I kind of doubt it
Gens are usually 3-4 years
>>
>>29349239
>Gamefreak has been talking about each game being different I heard. Gen 8 could come early. Also, they have been breaking patters recently. Also, the mythical mons usually show how much years a gen has
Gen 4 had 4 mythicals
Gen 5 had 3
Gen 6 had 3
Gen 7 has 1-2
>>
>>29348871
There is every reason for the 3DS to replaced by the Switch.

From a developmental standpoint, the last gen has proven that they can no longer sufficiently support two platforms. Nobody can nowadays. Not Microsoft, not Sony, not anybody. The past two+ years have been horrific as far as their software output.

From a marketing standpoint, it's just pure stupidity unless it's just a Switch Slim or babby version later down the road. They serve the same function. The entire trailer was just people running around outside playing on it.

>>29349007
They can easily do that when the Switch is basically a handheld that can stream to your TV. Who looks at the Switch can honestly tell me this thing isn't just a tablet with removable controllers? People have phablet phones, they carry Ipads, laptops, nowadays but hey, this cannot replace the DS somehow. We have to make it look like the DS 100 years from now too or it can't replace their "bread and butter."
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
SM was originally meant for the Switch but Gamefreak got fucked by the delay. Look at the pokdex. And Switch was originally supposed to come out around this time...
>>29349162
Hardware-wise this thing is going to be a next generation Nvidia shield. 300 is the most probable price.
>>
>>29349281
>Also, they have been breaking patters recently.

>Proceeds to bese his argument around a pattern.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29349281
Gen 7 could have more mythics. Weren't heatran and hoopa not found until a little after the game was released?
>>
>>29347913
Hoping that screen works like a touchscreen so that DS mode from the sketches I saw a while ago can happen. I don't want all IPs that rely on a second screen with touch controls to just fucking die.
>>
>>29348719
No one is gonna make a 3rd goddamn remake of gen 1, why does everyone think such a shitty thing would sell? Y'all a looking for a fucking "gunwun boogeyman", I fucking swear.

If anything they would make a Kanto-Johto sequel, expanding the regions and adding Kanto/Johto forms of mons that are not originally native to those areas. Doing a plain remake would create too much negative opinion, they have to mix it up at least.
>>
File: IMG_1342.png (2MB, 880x3736px)
IMG_1342.png
2MB, 880x3736px
>>29349337
You do realize we datamined all the Pokémon right?
>>29349320
Two different patterns
>>
>>29349345
>3rd remake
There's been a single remake of gen 1, unless we're counting GSC and HGSS as remakes of gen 1
>>
>>29349373
So, we don't need to go back to kanto
>>
>>29349373
Sorry, I meant 3rd iteration.
>>
>>29349403
I'm not saying we should anytime soon, but I do think a full 3D gen 1 remake is something they'd probably do.
>>
>>29349403
I do.
>>
>>29349421
What make a you think the that? We need to move on and go to gen 8
>>29349422
Why? It's the most empty region
>>
>>29349007
LITERALLY what people said about the DS replacing the game boy line. It's not as much of a stretch as you think.
>>
>>29349447
>We need to move on and go to gen 8
Did you not read my post I said not anytime soon. I meant either in a few years at the earliest or in gen 8
>>
>>29349453
The DS and the game boy line are the exact same thing though, just with different names.
>>
>>29349345
Honestly I know two normies who'd spring for it and my sample size isn't that huge. I'd go for it too considering I didn't warm up to the remake idea until HGSS

This doesn't prove anything but I don't think it's as blatantly stupid of an idea as you think (profits-wise)
>>
File: IMG_0567.jpg (282KB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0567.jpg
282KB, 1200x950px
>>29349365
>listing the Legendary pre-evos as two separate evolution lines, instead of a 3-stage split evolution
You stop that.
>>
>>29349523
>gimmick add-on controllers

wew
>>
>>29349345
They could make it work if it's an "Enhanced Remake" of some kind. >Spruce up the story significantly like HGSS and ORAS did.
>Add new Pokémon to the region (kanto is currently the ONLY region that has no Pokémon from other areas in it).
>Add Kanto forms of later gen Pokémon.
>add a post game about the protags journey to Mt Silver after becoming champion, and the rival becoming a gym leader
If they JUST do a remake, yeah, it will be a waste of everyone's time. But they could also VERY EASILY use it as a chance to breath new life into the series.
>>
>>29349523
How autistic are you to make that pic? You are seriously a pathetic loser dude.
>>
Guys. I can't even fathom a full Pokemon game on the NS. Nothing comes to mind. Maybe how Pokemon Colosseum and XD blew my mind at the time. Powered by that fancy Nvidia thingy..
>>
>>29349628
I didn't make it. It's just speculative art from another thread.
>>
>>29349345
>Y'all a looking for a fucking "gunwun boogeyman", I fucking swear.
Who's LOOKING for it? We already found it.
>genwun pandering in gen 6
>genwun pandering in gen 7
Are you blind or just stupid?
>>
File: Regiswitch.jpg (13KB, 317x236px)
Regiswitch.jpg
13KB, 317x236px
>>29347913
Already revealed the mascot
>>
>>29349647
But still thats pretty autistic that you posted this 2bh.
>>
>>29349669
not as autistic as you for replying this way to it
>>
>>29349680
just stfu
>>
>>29347913
>implying there are possibilities on this glorified Wii U piece of shit
>>
>>29347956
No they didn't, and they wouldn't say it's a successor to the 3DS anyway (which it clearly is and if you think otherwise, you're a fucking idiot) because they've already confirmed the 3DS has at least a year of life left in it (which it obviously does).

Also, don't forget Pokemon comes out next month. They don't want to shoot their sales in the proverbial foot.
>>
>>29349628
It came from >>>/reddit/

>>29349669
>>29349693
Also, you're a faggot and you should kill yourself.
>>
>>29349698
Have you ever even owned a Wii U? This is basically a Nintendo handheld except not like 15 years behind everything else on the market.
>>
>>29348557
You realize it wasn't actually playing BotW and Skyrim, right? Skyrim wasn't even confirmed for it yet.
>>
>>29349713
You have to be literally retarded to think its the sucessor to the 3ds. The 3ds is still pretty alive and well and I doubt they would be so quick to replace it already. Are you a fucking down syndrome retarded or something?
>>
>>29349761
No because I dont spend my hard earned money on useless junk
>>
How does it feel knowing GF is backed into a corner and is forced to make a console Pokemon?
>>
I dunno, I feel like Pokemon has really found its stride on the 3DS.

I can't imagine a mainline game going to it.
>>
>>29349787
Well at least you totally sound like you know what you're talking about then.
>>
>>29349795
Theyre not? Idk why faggots keep spreading misinformation thata main series pokemon game will be made for the switch. If anything theyll make a spin off. I think i heard hal labs will be 3rd party for switch so that could mean decent pokemon spin off games
>>
>>29349795
The Switch isn't a console and GF isn't being forced to do shit. The Pokemon Company isn't Game Freak.
>>
>>29349825
Oh fuck off with your obnoxious sarcasm.
>>
>>29349774
It also wasn't the successor to the Wii U, until after Color Splash released, anyways.
>>
>>29349858
>>29349821
Sorry meant to reply to this
>>
>>29349832
So no more mainline pokemon?
>>
>>29349866
Wtf is that suppose to mean? Do you realize how retarded you sound?
>>
>>29349897
https://gamerant.com/nintendo-nx-wii-u-3ds-successor-142/

And this was just a few months ago.
>>
>>29349890
No? Who ever said that?

We don't know what role the Switch is gonna play. Is it gonna occupy this unique position as a handheld/"console" hybrid? Is it gonna replace the 3DS as Nintendo's main handheld?

Until there's an answer to this question it's retarded to assume there will be a Pokemon game coming out on the Switch. and it's even more retarded to discount Gen 7 thinking Gen 8 is the REAL Pokemon game coming out for the Switch.

Last month the Pokemon Company said they were making games for the NX, which we now know is the Switch, but people seemed to turn that into Game Freak making the games. This is an important distinction because Game Freak doesn't do any Pokemon games that aren't mainline games. They don't develop any spinoffs.

But Game Freak had nothing to do with that announcement, it was a total miscommunication. There are Pokemon games confirmed to be in development for the Switch but they aren't mainline games, and they might not even be new games. They could just as easily be ports of stuff like Pokken.
>>
>>29349938
>gamerant
HAHAHAHA
but seriously, that doesnt prove anything. That was before even the name was announced. Are you really going fall for this?
>>
>>29349797
SM is FINDING Pokemon's stride? What were they doing before this with games like Platinum and B2W2? Tripping and falling into superior game design by accident?
>>
>>29349995
>SM is FINDING Pokemon's stride?

On the 3DS, yes.
>>
>>29347956
>>29348056
they also told us that federation force, amiibo festival, codename steam, and ORAS would be good
>>
>>29349984
You typed all that for a bait post?
>>29349995
What are you even talking about? Stride? Wtf?
>>
>>29350031
Not really. You gottabe dtupid to believe that
>>
>>29349986
There's probably dozens of links from every major gaming news outlet with the same thing because it came directly from Nintendo. Are you retarded? This thing has been in development for years, what the fuck does the name matter. You'd have to be retarded to think a portable console can't replace a portable console.
>>
>>29348019
Have they really, or are you being facetious?
>>
>>29350026
In what possible way? It has serious framerate issues, no 3D, another small dex. What are you talking about?
>>29350033
It's a common phrase, dipshit.
>>
>>29350051
1. Directly from nintendo doesnt mean it isnt subject to change
2. It isnt a handheld its a home console that just happens to be portable

Btw stop calling me retarded. Like seriously why would you even say that. Thats crossing the line
>>
>>29350095
A common phrase?
I barely hear it anywhere. Its not even a phrase. Youre just trying to sound smart.
>>
>>29350072
The CEO of the Pokemon Company said they're making games for the Switch, but that doesn't necessarily mean Game Freak is involved, and no Game Freak means no mainline Pokemon games.

Not to mention the games could just be ports.

>>29350095
>It has serious framerate issues

Does it? Aside from the picture-taking I haven't had any issues.

>no 3D

It's a shit gimmick that no will miss. Totally superfluous.

>another small dex

What does that have to do with anything? The Dex is built around the game, not the other way around. It's a deliberate choice.
>>
>>29350098
If it was purely a home console, they wouldn't have brought up the 3DS, retard. The kind of mental gymnastics people are doing about the Switch is so goddamn hilarious. It's a fucking big game boy with HDMI out. Apparently HDMI out is some super alien technology to some people in 2016.
>>
>>29350123
"Finding your stride" is an extremely common phrase and you didnt even reply to the person who used it, retard.
>>
>>29348410
Sounds sexy as fuck.
>>
>>29350185
It isnt and if i didnt reply to you why did you reply back?
>>
>>29350205
You're demonstrably wrong(google "finding your stride" you absolute retard) and you responded to the person who responded to the use of the phrase, idiot.
>>
>>29350098
>2. It isnt a handheld its a home console that just happens to be portable

Actually it's the opposite. It's a handheld that you can plug into your TV. If the dock actually boosted its power to a significant degree then you'd be correct but it's just a charger, power supply, and HDMI out. It might give a slight boost if the tablet underclocks when unplugged due to heat/power restraints but it won't be a major boost.

It's primarily a handheld.
>>
>>29350170
It can play wii u how in the world is it a handheld you neetwo hands to even hold it. Plus have you even seen the dock? Looks just like a wii.
>>
>>29350156
>Not to mention the games could just be ports.
That's still a major improvement, considering it'd be the equivalent of porting it to something optimized for the S7 or higher.
>>
>>29350252
When I say games I mean spinoffs like Pokken.

They won't port a mainline game to the Switch unless they decide to totally trash the 3DS, which seems incredibly unlikely. It'll either be waxed out as the Switch replaces it or it will exist alongside the Switch as its weaker, more gimmicky counterpart.
>>
>>29350242
Stop trying to sound smart dude you literally sound like youre reading ofc a dictionary. It makes you look like a loser 2bh.
>>
>>29350278
The 3ds is already losing massive sales and in japan pokemon is dying down really fast and even losing to yokai
>>
>>29350289
If you're not trolling you should seriously consider suicide. You are too fucking stupid to handle a basic conversation on 4chan so suicide is your best option.
>>
>>29348644
the switch has a touchscreen
>>
>>29347913 My addiction is cursing me to play every mainline pokemon game until I die
so basically yeah, gonna buy one if there is going to be a main game on it
>>
>>29350336
>source: my ass
>>
>>29350250
It uses fucking cartridges. How does it "play Wii U?" You cannot use the tablet's screen while playing on your TV, you can take it anywhere you want, etc. How is this anything like the like the Wii U again? The Wii U gamepad was basically a giant controller and most of the work was done inside the console. It's pretty much the opposite with the Switch.

>b-but a charging cradle that can stream to my monitor
Did you just wake up from a long coma? This is stuff people have been asking for years from Nintendo since they refused to catch up with the rest of the world.
>>
>>29350289
are you fucking 12?
>>
Spin-off games? sure. Mainline pokemon games has a low chance appearing in home consoles, shit just doesn't feel right.
>>
>>29350439
The point is that it's more of a handheld than a console, though.
>>
>>29350444
That would kill the 3ds and their future handhelds right?
>>
File: 1476944036797.gif (2MB, 250x141px) Image search: [Google]
1476944036797.gif
2MB, 250x141px
>>29347913
>00:11:11
>>
>>29350472
This is the entire point of the discussion. Does the Switch occupy a unique role as both a handheld and a "console"? Will it replace the 3DS? What role it fills will determine what kinds of games it gets concerning the Pokemon series.
>>
>>29350472
You're assuming the 3DS still has a long life and that the Switch isn't their future handheld.
>>
>>29350501
My bad
>>
>>29350472
Switch is already a handheld. They'll probably release like a budget version later on like the 2DS for kids. Maybe take away everything from the Switch and just bare bones, play the games device.
>>
File: 1474196170616.png (17KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
1474196170616.png
17KB, 250x206px
>>29348410
>>
File: 1472640937611.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1472640937611.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>29348463
>spinoff titles on phones
>>
>>29350439
But masuda said mainline games will be on it. You must be crazy if you think gen 8 will been the 3ds
>>
wow gee the sega nomad sure was great wasn't it lads? i want more consoles like the sega nomad.
>>
>>29350690
>But masuda said mainline games will be on it

>source: my ass
>>
I hope they make a ARPG Pokémon game.
>>
I like the switch but I hate home consoles. I want something small I can use in a train ride, or in my bed... I guess this means there will be no more 3DS games and more fully-portable consoles...
>>
>>29351298
>I like the switch but I hate home consoles
Then it's a good thing the Switch is just a handheld with an HDMI-out for a dock.
>>
So they finally made a system that wont leave fucking fingerprints everywhere when you touch it? I'm sold already
>>
>>29349523
Idk where you got that concept art or drew it yourself but that's a really cool idea honestly.
>>
Oh for crying out loud, they're just pulling a NDS with the Switch. They're saying it's "a third pillar" and neither the Wii U or the 3DS successor because they want to damage control the Switch cutting into the Wii U and 3DS sales.
Now there's almost no hope for the Wii U left, so they're more comfortably saying that the Switch is a home console, because none is going to buy a Wii U anyway, but the 3DS has still some late stage big games coming out, so they can explicitly tell that the Switch is meant to be a successor to both.
Nintendo has got this long coming, ever since the Wii U never took of (while the 3DS did) and they merged their hardware teams into one.
The switch it's first and foremost an handheld console, because there they can play with lesser specs and pulling away from the PS4-XB1 race, which they absolutely can't win because Nintendo is a small company while Sony and Microsoft are giants. Plus this way they can put all their IPs in one basket and since the console is first and foremost an handheld console, bring the incredible third party support that Nintendo handheld consoles enjoy. Thinking that Nintendo will launch another handheld is ludicrous, because this is they're handheld, and thinking that they're going to release and amputee pc box dedicated to gaming as the PS4 and XB1 is even more ludicrous, because none would buy that, because Nintendo has never done that and has no idea how to do that.
>>
>>29348192
When will this meme die? The wii u and switch are completely different. The game pad was a controller that could change the way we play games and the switch is the game on the go. Completely different
>>
>>29351298
It wouldn't be wise to use it on a train but there's nothing stopping you from using on your bed.
Thread posts: 158
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.