[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get a concrete answer as to why the new Pokemon count is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1476804268805[1].jpg (468KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476804268805[1].jpg
468KB, 1024x1280px
Can I get a concrete answer as to why the new Pokemon count is so low this gen? I heard some acceptable excuses before like "GF had to model 721 Pokemon for Gen VI of course there'd be less new ones!" and yet with Gen VII, they have 721 reusable models but the the new Pokemon total is barely more than XY's.

I heard other ideas like "GF is just scared of reaching 1000!", could that honestly be it?
>>
>>29339028
quality > quantity
>what's quality?
research, deep lore, what makes this pokemon unique or almost unique?, moveset, moveset based on its lore, etc
>>
>>29339028
People thought that XY had low number because of the new models but thats bullshit

Its obvious GF spread the Pokemon between gen 6 and 7
>>
Honestly the 1000 thing might be plausible. Consider that even the heaviest Pokemon ever, Groudon, once evolved reached 999.7 kilos. Not 1000, 999.

Plus many Pokes with battle forms.
>>
>>29339471
add: story to tell, like, wtf is ledyan's story? what does it do in nature? what's the point?
every pokemon has a nice story since gen 6
>>
>>29339471
>This meme
Adding 30 more wouldn't be hard for them. Especially for things that clearly need it like Komala and Cutiefly.
>>
>>29339761
don't touch in my sweet single stage komala, anon
>>
>leaving out the ubs

EPIC POST MY MAN XDD
>>
>>29339810
>I want it to be a weak single stage therefore everyone else should have to suffer with it
t. anon
>>
>>29340057
how your life sucks now with this pokemon being single stage?
i bet you wouldn't use it even it evolves, you are assuming that would be the best evolution of the world
>>
>>29339471
Wasting your time, sadly. /vp/ really only cares about the visual aesthetic of a design and that's it.
>>
>>29339524
This... gen VII will obviously have major ties to VI and I think either gen VII part 2 will introduce not only a few mythical as and new forms here and there but we will get another 70-80 Pokémon again in a year
>>
>>29339846
THat wouldn't really make a difference though, there are only 8 UBs. There are 7 Pokémon in the OP pic that are just formes (3 Oricorio, 1 Wishiwahishi, 1 Lycanroc, 1 Mimikyu, 1 Minior)
>>
>>29339810
Komala was MADE to evolve, its lore feels incomplete... it needs to become a woke giant koala based around the theme of Aboriginal Dreamtime mythology... could introduce it in an Aussie based region tho
>>
>>29340704
And the prevo of solgaleo and lunala
>>
>>29340634
You have shit taste.
>>
>>29339028
I think it's an aversion to further bloat up the Dex. You have to admit 800 Pokemon might seem excessive to those spineless gooks
>>
>>29340809
You're proving the point.
>>
>>29339471
>Implying pre-Gen 6 mons don't have just as much research and lore poured into them.
This meme is getting old.
>>
>>29339028
I already explained it would be the case months ago, but people called me a 6.5fag
The answer is that GF wants to avoid reaching 1,000 too quickly
>>
>>29339028
Because they know whether they do 75 or 150, you'll still buy the game
>>
I swear there was something where one of the guys at GF explained that since they were reaching these high numbers, it would be harder for people to remember them all, so they were gonna do less at a time to make sure people remember them easier.
>>
>>29340948
As far as lore and combat abilities going hand-in-hand, look at things like Gumshooos, Talonflame and Charjabug (even the fucking pupa stage might have a niche) having abilities unique to them that tie into their designs and background dex info. Not saying there aren't Pre-Gen 6 things that don't fit this but it's much more common for lore/abilities/moveset/stats to all point towards a unified niche/concept during Gen 6 and Gen 7.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.