[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every final form starter anthropomorphic now? It started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: mIMBdZw[1].png (378KB, 725x714px) Image search: [Google]
mIMBdZw[1].png
378KB, 725x714px
Why is every final form starter anthropomorphic now?

It started with Blaziken, but Gen 5 cemented it by giving all three starters a "human" element; Serperior being based on European royalty, Emboar being based on a Chinese soldier, and Samurott being based on a Japanese samurai.

Then Gen 6 took it even further with the Fighter/Mage/Thief thing.

Now we've got Green Arrow, Tiger Mask, and a mermaid.
>>
>>29337857
It's better this way
>>
This happened to Digimon too
>>
>>29337857
Gamefreak noticed which starters were more popular and sold more toys.
>>
>>29337857
Stands.
>>
>>29337857
why are infernape, serperior, swampert, poppmaid, samurott, and roothoot so tiny
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
They're totes ripping off Digimon again
>>
At least Samurott and Serperior are animals with human elements rather than humans with animal faces
>>
>>29337857
PokéMON

They're more monster than anything.
>>
File: Bees.jpg (111KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
Bees.jpg
111KB, 580x580px
>>29338120
This is hardly new.
>>
>>29337857
The fuck? Are the sizes in this pic accurate?
>>
>>29337857
People identify more with anthropomorphized creatures, hence why they push Pikachu as being so expressive and emotional, treating it like a human instead of an animal
>>
>>29337857
Lel swampert and infernape are literal manlets
>>
>>29337857
Torterra can't be that much wider than Venusaur.

Who made this shit?
>>
>>29337857
>All the fire starters seem to be bipedal.
>This is our future
>>
Feraligatr is fucking huge holy shit
>>
Quadrapeds are less popular in general, see Venusaur, Meganium, Torterra and Swapert being least popular in their respective gens

Inb4 squealing quadrafags
>>
>>29339670

Swampert isn't quadrupedal though.
>>
>tfw dislike every starter from the last 3 gens

what am i supposed to do in sun/moon

???
>>
>>29337857

how many times are we going to keep asking this?
>>
>>29337857
>standing = anthropromorphic

k
>>
I think it is because the world has changed since the 90s. What is marketable to kids has changed and what the designers think is cool has changed. Humanoid superbeings that you can project your feelings onto are more marketable than brainless animals with tiny arms.

I don't like it being this way but that's what it is. I wish there were more animalistic pokemon instead of walking talking grass druids like the thickflower, but a mix is fine. There isn't even 150 pokemon this time anyways.
>>
File: sure.png (702B, 84x86px) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
702B, 84x86px
>>29337857
>Serperior is anthropomorphic
>Samurott is anthropomorphic
>>
>>29338031
You trying to imply that Chesnaught, Delphox, Emboar, Serperior and Samurott are popular?
>>
>>29339711
Grubbin is like early route. Main Vikavolt
>>
>>29337857
>none of the water starters
>only 1 of the grass starters

yeah literally every starter these days is anthro
>>
>>29338374
feraligatr is also a fucking power ranger super vehicle
>>
>>29337857
You can actually pinpoint the moment that the starters became shit.
>>
>>29339836
Poppmaid is clearly anthro. Greninja I'd argue it's stuck in the middle, it doesn't go full anthro like LuchaLitten but it definively has some human elements mixed in his frog anatomy
>>
File: ff4.png (448KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
ff4.png
448KB, 900x900px
>>29337857
Anthropomorphic aint the word, but yeah they're more and more based on human stuff

Look at the first six final starter evos (Gen 1 and 2)
Only one is based around human stuff (Blastoise canon)

Now if you look at the last six (Gen 6 and 7), they're ALL based on human stuff (Knight, Wizard, Ninja, Archer, Wrestler, Mermaid)
>>
File: chesnaught.jpg (136KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
chesnaught.jpg
136KB, 800x740px
>>29339889
Secondary themes aren't really the issue, only when they become so prevalent to the point that they force eveything to go anthro they become a problem.

Honestly I'd love Chesnaught with a few major tweaks. Give it actual defined musculature in the arms and legs, make the shell look sturdier, give it a more animalistic face kinda like pic related and it's golden
>>
I don't like how so many of the new Pokemon seem more like characters rather than a species of monster.
>>
>>29340038
This too

I really can't imagine a LuchaLitten running around in a mountain, hunting and battling like Charizard or Blaziken

Kind of breaks the immersion
>>
>>29338086
Manlets
>>
>>29338086
Anon, Infernape is only like 3'11'' tall. Plus its model shows it crouched. It IS tiny.
>>
>>29339775

Anthropomorphic can mean either having the form of a human, or having attributes of a human.

Samurott is depicted as carrying swords around in the armor on its front legs, and pulling them out in battle. When it dual-wields, it stands up on its hind legs so it can hold both swords in its hands. That's where the anthropomorphism is.
>>
>>29337857
they're not all anthropomorphic just because the aren't quadrupedal. things stand on two legs sometimes. you probably just want to fuck them because your autistic dick loves anything it thinks is remotely humanoid.
>>
>>29339784
Serperior is way more popular than those other 4.
>>
>>29340387
See >>29339889 you shill in denial
>>
>>29340282
>hurr durr pokemon should just be regular animals with no defining features or special attributes
>>
>>29339889
>based on human stuff
>mermaid
Mythological creatures in a monster-raising game is a bad thing now?
>>
>>29339957
they're not anthro just because they make your dick hard you fucking furfag. normal people don't have this autistic ass thought that anthro is bad, if even anthro to begin with.
>>
>>29340418
....you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>29338120
>digimon
>successful
>>
>>29340493
No you
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.