[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we finally get a new owl pokemon after the disappointment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

>we finally get a new owl pokemon after the disappointment that was Noctowl
>it's a fucking starter
>forced to be a gass type even though it has nothing to do with owls
>unable to drop the grass type
Literally why. Why can't we get a psychic/flying owl pokemon that isn't a shitmon, has good offensive stats like real life owls and doesn't throw the "big owl eyes" gimmick out of the fucking window like Noctowl did?
>>
>>29337640
Why can't we get rid of crybaby faggots like you?
>>
>>29337640
Because Owls aren't smart. They're literally one of the dumbest birds ever.
>>
Fire has nothing to do with cats either, but Pokemon is all about fantasy animals with different types
>>
>>29337640
Yes, why doesn't gamefreak create your exact fanfiction Pokemon? How can we punish them for this outrage?
>>
>>29337661
What about the Harry Potter's owl? He was pretty smart.
>>
>>29337910
If he was so smart why did he get killed?
>>
>>29337910
>>29338027
It was a she
>>
>>29338027
"No one is safe from death".

-Final Destination.
>>
>>29337640

Pokemon's most famous creature, and mascot, is a mouse that stores electricity in its cheek pouches.
>>
>>29338159
But we already have normal mouses and rats in pokemon.

The typical image of a wise owl with big eyes... Why isn't that a pokemon yet? Why did we get the most boring owl possible and a grass type owl instead?
>>
File: IMG_8303.jpg (20KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8303.jpg
20KB, 222x227px
>>29338378
Here you go
>>
File: AlienWat.jpg (25KB, 319x346px) Image search: [Google]
AlienWat.jpg
25KB, 319x346px
>>29337640
>has good offensive stats like real life owls

What is "Things you say when you play too much video games" Alex?
>>
>>29338413
>Implying Malfesio isn't literally my mom's owl in the world of monster hunter
>>
>>29338027
How did it die?
>>
>>29338430
Some owls are fucking strong IRL. They can kill almost any other bird.
>>
>talking shit about noctowl

Motherfucker, I'll fight you.
>>
>>29337640
>real life owls have great offensive stats
>>
File: 01-zeus-starry-eyed-screech-owl.jpg (119KB, 644x795px) Image search: [Google]
01-zeus-starry-eyed-screech-owl.jpg
119KB, 644x795px
>>29337661
That's true.

>>29338430
>>29338746
Your ignorance is showing. Take a look at this:

http://animals.mom.me/animal-preys-owls-5389.html

I wanted a realistic predator owl and a fictional wise owl. I got a shitmon that doesn't even have big eyes and a bird with a forced plant gimmick because it's a starter.
>>
>>29337640
>forced to be a gass type even though it has nothing to do with owls

im curious, honestly, what does it feel like to be THAT retarded
>>
>>29337640
Dartrix has the creepy eyes you wanted.
>>
>>29338947
>no owl pokemon with starry eyes
Literally no reason to keep going.
>>
File: SharpTameJackal-mobile.webm (491KB, 476x336px) Image search: [Google]
SharpTameJackal-mobile.webm
491KB, 476x336px
If I'm remembering correctly owls have the strongest grip strength of all birds of prey
>>
>>29341213
Why does noctowl have shit attack then? And why does Robinhoot attack using arrows?

Gamefreak is retarded.
>>
>>29341213
Fuck you, I hate owls now. They used to be my favorite animal.

Why is nature so cruel?
>>
>>29341418
hey man, for all you know that owl may have had a starving family to feed. All of nature is give and take.
>>
>>29338473
he jumped into aloe vera spellcast
>>
File: 1315529105013.gif (2MB, 280x175px) Image search: [Google]
1315529105013.gif
2MB, 280x175px
>BAWW I WANT MUH WISE OWL

Owls are almost as dumb as you are.
>>
>>29341682
Herbivores eat non-sensient fruits and grass. Their existence doesn't cause suffering.

Animals that eat other animals are a plague and shouldn't exist.

Imagine how peaceful the world would be if only herbivores existed. Literally 0 creatures would be eaten alive or killed every year.
>>
>>29341802
Look at those cool-ass motherfuckers. Why can't Noctowl look like that? Why are his eyes so boring?

Literally the ONLY Johto pokemon I don't like.
>>
File: IMG_2997.jpg (55KB, 295x187px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2997.jpg
55KB, 295x187px
>>29337661
Overexaggeration. Owls are not wise or especially intelligent by bird standards, but they are not exceptionally stupid either. They are predators, which are generally smarter than prey. Many are adaptable and flexible in their hunting strategies. Probably around the middle of the avian smarts pack, maybe a bit below average but far from "the dumbest birds ever." Many gamebirds and more ratites are considered pretty dim.
>>
>>29337640
I agree, OP. Noctowl completely dropped the clock theme Hoot-hoot had going on, instead of developing it further. Its a shame.
>>
>>29341213
Love this webm.

Owls are awesome
>>
>>29341832
>Over population
>>
>Wanting even more owls

Don't you think pokemon has enough birds as it is?
>>
I don't care about Noctowl, but this little guy is one of my favorite pokemon.

He reminds me of Cogsworth from The beauty and the beast. The clock guy.
>>
>>29342082
>Implying owls are birds
>>
File: 5HvRXK8.jpg (384KB, 3508x2480px) Image search: [Google]
5HvRXK8.jpg
384KB, 3508x2480px
>>29342098
Hoothoot actually has my favorite design of any normal/flying pokemon, if not my favorite design of almost any bird pokemon, and I think we can owe most of that to its kickass red eyes, surrounded by those cog-like black markings and clock-hand-looking feather tufts. Coupled with the spherical body, tiny wings and the single foot it stands on (canonically, it does have another that it tucks into its feathers),

Hoothoot is an extremely stylish, iconic and memorable cartoon owl with just a hint of Halloween spookiness, perfect for a witchy sorcery-themed team.
>>
>>29341390
>Why does noctowl have shit attack then?
Noctowl is a play off cultures considering owls wise

>And why does Robinhoot attack using arrows?
Rowlet seems to be more focusing on the cute side of owls, which then progresses into an owl archer because drugs

I do agree though. I'd like to see a pokemon that captures the deadly, terrifying, stealth hunter aspect.
>>
>>29342464
>stealth hunter

oh, this probably explains the archer bit. GF seems to have put a lot of thought into their designs, even if it isn't obvious at first.
>>
>>29342445
...But then, Hoothoot evolves, and all the fun gets sucked out of it. Noctowl is a competent design if you want a realistic, menacing owl pokemon, but it's just not what we sign up for when we start training Hoothoot, is it? What happened to the gothic clock-owl aesthetic? That was awesome! I'd have absolutely loved to see an expansion on that!
>>
>>29337640
CAN YOU GUYS BELIEVE WE FINALLY GOT A REAL TIGER POKEMON BUT ITS FORCED TO BE FIRE EVEN THOUGH TIGERS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH FIRES? WHERE'S THE NORMAL/FLYING TYPE TIGER THAT WE DESERVE?
>>
>>29342445
>he honestly thinks hotthott looks better than rowlet
He looks like a fucking old man with bigass glasses.
>>
>>29342445
>>29342506

Considering how many actual birds relax by putting one leg up, there wasn't much reason to do away with that...but maybe it was meant to imply that the evolved version is more alert, and relaxes less frequently, as is expected of adults. That doesn't excuse doing away with the clockwork owliness, though.

Actually, Hoothoot's "eyelashes" can be read as analogous to the feathers that gives real owls their satellite-dish-faced exceptional hearing. Noctowl does away with that, and obstructs the vision, both in the service of giving the evolved model a maturely frowny face. I'd say that makes Noctowl LESS realistic.

Hoothoot can easily be read as a flight-incapable owlet with down still long enough to hide one foot, beginning to develop the facial structures that will lead it to survive as an owl. Noctowl, for the sake of a threatening look, has sacrificed some of the most important sensory adaptations owls have made.
>>
>>29342445
>>29342506
I like both Hoothoot and Noctowl separately, but you make a strong case for why more Pokemon should have branching evolutions. It'd be great if Hoothoot had two owl evolutions (one semi-realistic, the other more stylized and building on the clock-like features) for players to choose from. This also goes for other Pokemon with controversial or particularly incongruent evolutions, such as Dragonair, Remoraid, or Spritzee.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.