[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn, I miss this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 18

File: 6DbhhNO.png (220KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6DbhhNO.png
220KB, 480x360px
The pokemon anime used to be so fucking adventurous, risky, and iconic. It was the classic tail of 3 friends playing outside but exaggerated to the perfect degree.
Daily spats, useless adults, adventure, camping, it had it all.
Just looking at this image gives me shivers, you can FEEL the writing coming right off of it.
It was honestly something special, a formula that couldn't be replicated.
Just the story of a rough kid and his pals going on adventures and learning a few lessons along the way.

I miss this anime, the REAL pokemon anime, tell me what you want, but they wont be able to capture the majesty this had.
>>
>>29333894
>muh nostalgiaaaaaaa :(
>>
>>29333912
go watch your meme cartoons, millenial
>>
you used to be 11

Get the fuck over it
>>
The anime was good until the Sinnoh saga.
>>
This is the most autistic thing I've ever read.
>>
>>29333983
>you used to be 11
and you are now.
So what?
>>
>>29333987
Sinnoh was the peak, faggot. Then it went to shit in Unova.
>>
>>29333987
No, the anime was good until Max showed up.

At that point they decided to put Ash in a permanent reboot cycle and fuck every relationship he ever had.

That kid was the fucking harbinger of the apocalypse.
>>
>>29334000
That's a bit of an exaggeration, passion and autism aren't the same thing, this show was fucking sweet.
>>
>>29334028
I meant the end of Sinnoh saga.
Chill your ass dude.

>>29334030
Yeah, you're right.
>>
>>29333894
I tried to go back and watch it but it's boring. Although it's still better than the newer stuff.
>>
>>29333894
The anime was never good. The new anime being worse doesn't mean the original wasn't shit.
>>
File: 1473695017123.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473695017123.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>tail

go back to school, retard.
>>
>>29333894
Kill yourself
>>
>>29334107
Passion? For a mediocre children's show?
The Sinnoh anime was good, it's just OP being a nostalgic fuckwit.
>>
>>29333894
>Risky
what did they mean by this.
>>
>>29333894
>It was the classic tail
I hope this thread doesn't get dangerous
>>
The pokemon anime was never good
>>
>>29334205
You need to understand, the old anime had this endearing childhood feel to it. It was like watching ET for the first time or eating some freshly made waffles.
I think crisp is a good way to understand why the old anime was so perfect
The problem is nowadays in the "Internet critic" era, everyone judges something based on how many plotholes it doesnt have.
The old anime had heart, solidity, and the right amount of roughness and tenacious characters.
Episodic characters like that doctor felt like meeting new people at the farmers market.
The old anime just puts a good taste in my mouth
>>
>>
>>29333983
And? Kids shows arent always bad, that's a jaded and edgy perspective.
Rewatch it
>>
>>29333894
>Daily spats
That was in Hoenn. Misty wore daisy dukes.
>>
You fuckers have shit taste
OS will always be the gold standard of pokemon storytelling
>>
>>29334743
I rewatched the first episode awhile back, and...
>Ash wants to capture all the Pokemon in the world for no adequately explained reason
>Gary somehow has loads of fans before he even does anything
>Despite being a huge fan of Pokemon battles, Ash seemingly doesn't know even the most basic things once he gets one of his own
>Misty not caring at all about the person she just saved from drowning, and instead accusing him of doing something to Pikachu
>Misty caring more about her bike than human life, and not putting two and two together once the Spearow show up
>Misty just in general being a tsundere who, rather than think about things or ask questions, prefers to fly into a blind rage at the slightest provocation
>Ash happening to see frickin' Ho-Oh out of nowhere, forever cementing his Gary Stu status
>>
>>29335327
Look, we can sit here pointing out every plothole in the world but it doesn't make something bad.
The original pokemon anime? The CLASSIC series? It had heart.
>>
>>29334030
>Johto
>good
>>
>>29335501
Heart doesn't mean shit if the writing is bad.
>>
File: tumblr_lqk2rnwhWM1qh4vkao1_400.png (150KB, 380x283px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqk2rnwhWM1qh4vkao1_400.png
150KB, 380x283px
>>29335501
>>
File: 1474382199130.png (523KB, 720x525px) Image search: [Google]
1474382199130.png
523KB, 720x525px
>>29335521
Johto was fucking fantastic. The third movie was easily the best one.

Your taste is shit. SHIT.
>>
As much as I like to harp on about how great the original series was, I don't think I've even finished it. I marathon up to Island of the Giant Pokemon then from then on I just skip to the gym & league battles or when Ash catches/evolves something.

Whoever thought they should stretch the adventure to 100+ episodes should be fired. The series doesn't need to last the entire generation. Sheesh.
>>
>>29335501
>we can sit here pointing out every plothole in the world but it doesn't make something bad.
actually i'm pretty sure that's exactly what makes story-based media bad
>>
>>29334137
Sorry. Until has such a loose definition it's hard to tell.
>>
>>29335563
Note how you bring up the movie and not the actual series,
>>
>>29335572
Are you arguing that an episode of spongebob is better than the average theatrical release? Because thats what you get if you judge something based on plotholes.

The old pokemon anime is outright superior to everything that came after, it knew what it was and it wasnt some shitty mcdonalds "AAAY COME GET OUR FUCKING TOYS 3000 NEW DIGIMON"

The classic franchise knew what it was fucking doing, there was character development and chemistry.
Ash Brock and Misty were some of the best characters the 90s had to offer and yet gamefreak decided to stretch them fucking thin with all of the bullshit afterword

I hope, I pray, I would pay actual money to see Sun and Moon pretend everything after Johto didn't happen and keep the story nice and refined

Its the story of 3 kids roughing around in the jungle and learning life lessons not some epic worldsaving crap
There is a reason no one watches fucking Pokemon anymore
>>
>>29335603
People watched the actual series? I always thought that shit was just a long commercial for the movies.
>>
Worst OS since Windows 10
>>
>>29335572
Nothing that other anon posted was really a plothole.

>Ash wants to capture all the Pokemon in the world for no adequately explained reason
10 year old with hyperbolic dreams.

He's the grandson of a famous professor.

>Despite being a huge fan of Pokemon battles, Ash seemingly doesn't know even the most basic things once he gets one of his own
You can be a fan of something and not know its inner workings.

>Misty not caring at all about the person she just saved from drowning, and instead accusing him of doing something to Pikachu
>Misty caring more about her bike than human life, and not putting two and two together once the Spearow show up
At this point in time they're complete strangers. Misty has no way of telling if she just saved a crook.

>Misty just in general being a tsundere who, rather than think about things or ask questions, prefers to fly into a blind rage at the slightest provocation
Most women in real life are reactionary and driven by their emotions. I'm not even trying to be edgy here.

>Ash happening to see frickin' Ho-Oh out of nowhere, forever cementing his Gary Stu status
Non sequitur.

>>29335680
Non sequitur: The post.
>>
>>29335680
>There is a reason no one watches fucking Pokemon anymore
Because they refuse to let Ash grow as a character, keep any Pokemon besides Pikachu, or have any meaningful relationships?
>>
srs question, i haven't watched the anime since gen 1, childhood etc.

Is there even ANY character development at all?
>>
>>29335749
Which is why the story of Ash should have cut off at Hoenn, and let a character based on Brendan do Hoenn and continue to Sinnoh.
>>29335738
What are you getting at?
>>
>>29333894
Kill yourself nostalgiafag.
>>
>>29335783
Not really, no.
That is, characters CHANGE, but it's rarely natural. It tends to be more like some godlike being spontaneously decided to alter their personality for the lulz.
>>
>>29335783
Not after Johto, no. When they started Hoenn they made the decision to reset Ash every season.
>>
>>29335813
So you're going to just say that with no grounds or argument?
I love how people think that they can save themselves from arguing against something old because they can just slam it with "nostalgia!!!!!!"
Try again, with an actual point
>>
File: 300px-Arceus_M12.png (71KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Arceus_M12.png
71KB, 300x169px
>>29335818
Oh my god, I just figured out who's responsible for all the problems with Ash in the later seasons!
>>
>>29335783
This is an anime exceeding 900 episodes, status quo is God.
>>
>>29333894
Takeshi shudo had a lot of passion but he also had a lot of plot holes and wacky ideas.
>>
File: 150px-MaxAG.png (27KB, 150x224px) Image search: [Google]
150px-MaxAG.png
27KB, 150x224px
>>29335857
Hey anon me too!
>>
>>29335889
So do some of the worlds best movies
Plotholes arent a problem, plot WEAKNESS is a problem
And the original pokemon plot? It was the tale of 3 kids going on an awesome adventure without supervision while still being safe and able to feed themselves
The ultimate escapism for a kid, to just play outside forever.
This point is simply inarguable, the original series was the best in terms of rewatch value an sheer nerve
>>
>>29335803
>What are you getting at?
Nothing in anon's post was an actual plothole. It was just questionable writing.

>Are you arguing that an episode of spongebob is better than the average theatrical release? Because thats what you get if you judge something based on plotholes.
Are you claiming a theatrical release is objectively better than an episode of Spongebob merely because it's a theatrical release? Because bad writing is bad writing no matter what medium it's on.

But in any case, the old anime isn't "better" than the new anime. It just didn't have incredibly predicable writing. But that's what happens when your show has 900 episodes. It becomes predictable.
>>
>>29335962
There's a hole in your logic big enough to drive a truck through, but logic holes aren't a problem. Logic WEAKNESS is a problem! And your logic has HEART!

You'll win the argument, anon! Just believe in the heart of the straws, and keep on grasping!
>>
>>29335968
Are you kidding me pal? The repetitiveness makes the new anime absolutely inescapably worse than anything that came before it.
My point about theatrical releases is that the good ones can be rather easily named
We know that something like Shindler's list is better and infact more informative than an episode of Spongebob despite certainly having more plotholes due to having more room for error

A whale can have many more cuts than a fish
Its simple
>>
>>29336115
Oh shut up, you have clearly no idea what I'm talking about since you haven't bothered to address it
>>
>>29336213
OP used Mind Reader!
It's not very effective...
>>
>>29336374
Then fine, address my points. You just posted some nonsense about believing yourself that seems to mock kids shows in general
>>
Because the world of Pokemon was still small and mysterious Anon, now we have seen everything and aren't uncertain anymore about what's out there. Maybe you would get a small portion of the same feeling if you wouldn't read through every Sun/Moon leak before it releases, and just experience the game for yourself
>>
>>29336442
Explain everyone else who fell off? Even people who are anime fans
Pokemon was absolutely golden once
>>
>>29336405
>Plotholes arent a problem, plot WEAKNESS is a problem
Plotholes = plot weakness

>A whale can have many more cuts than a fish
That analogy doesn't work when the "whale" is really more of a dolphin that was born with a deformity and has no dick. ...Yeah, whatever point you're trying to make isn't going to get across when it's wrapped in meaningless meaningful words.

>The ultimate escapism for a kid
And that excuses the formulaic plot, bad dialogue, and nonthreatening villains? Your best argument is basically that the anime is candy for kids' brains. It tastes good, but it has no nutritional value.

>This point is simply inarguable
Anecdotal

>The heart bullshit
Appeal to emotion

>nonsense about believing yourself that seems to mock kids shows in general
I was just making fun of YOU, you autist

Now run along, back to Wikia with you. This is no place for your breed of faggot.
>>
Nostalgia
>>
>>29333894
This.

It's not nostalgia. The pokemon show and the games were always good and always will be, but there is no denying they used to have a sense of adventure that they now lack.

In the gen 1 games, your rival wasn't your "friend", and he didn't pat you on the back. The games were non-linear and you could roam a lot more freely than you can in the newer ones. The evil teams, rather than having generic anime motives like "destroy the world and become Kefka", actually had a semblance of believability and did things that attacked the player directly, giving them an actual sense of threat. (killing cubone's mom is way darker than any new ham-fisted genocide plot, FYI.)

The champion was someone you actually wanted to beat, rather than a mary sue like Cynthia or Steven. The storyline had interconnected moments, like Mr. Fuji for example.

The only things I don't think have declined in quality are the pokemon designs themselves (they've fluctuated, but there's good and bad designs in every gen) and the gameplay (which, aside from the problem of excessive linearity and handholding, has improved dramatically.)

tl;dr gen 1 wasn't necessarily better than the new gens, but it did feel more "real".
>>
>>29333894
I miss the old 4Kids English dub more than anything about it: TPCi's English version has destroyed the dub.

And they've not been able to capture this later on, either, I agree.
>>
>>29335680
It's the English dubbing that was better back then, Anon. 4Kids kept most of the Japanese music back then, they hired voice actors that had some idea how to actually act, and the script writing was better back then. Other than that, the show is the same crap it is now...well, Brock (relative to DP) & TR were better back then, too.
>>
>>29337067
Nostalgia glasses : the post

And people wonder why /vp/ hates genwunner pandering
>>
>>29337067
>mass genocide isn't a believable motive
>>
>>29337067
>literally only opinions very obviously based on nostalgia

Kys nostalgiashitter
>>
File: bce.jpg (46KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
bce.jpg
46KB, 608x402px
>>29337067
>mass genocide isn't a believable motive
>>
>it's a nostalgiafag post

DP=>XY>Battle frontier>kanto=AG>>>>johto>>garbage>>BW

This is the general rankinh for the anime season. Get over it nostalgiafags. You're not 9 anymore.
>>
File: 1477075689529.jpg (35KB, 494x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477075689529.jpg
35KB, 494x360px
>>29333894
>m-muh nostalgia..........
god this is so fucking autistic
>>
>>29337315
Just switch BF and Kanto and you got it. The BF was okay but it wasn't that good.
>>
>>29337315
If you're watching the Japanese Version, Anon, that's true.

If you're watching the English dub, it's:

Kanto = OI = Johto > Hoenn > Unova > Battle Frontier > Sinnoh > Kalos

The shitty TPCi dub is what clouds people's thoughts: I know this because the English dub is what I used to base my opinions off of. It wasn't until I saw the Japanese Version that I realized the Anime hadn't gotten worse, but the dub did.
>>
>>29333894
The current episode of generations made kyogre majestic as fuck.
>>
>>29337067
I don't get why the Cubone/Marowak thing is such a big deal to nostalgiatards when it comes to Pokemon? Like yeah, it was kinda sad but people act like it was the single most tragic moment ever.
>>
>>29337315
>>29337236
OP here, explain how Nostalgia has that much to do with the argument and how you're not just using it as a low hanging fruit to stop people from pointing out how the classics are better

YOu don't need a list, just specific examples from the OP
>>
>>29337566
>literally talking about how the images makes you feel

How the fuck is that not nostalgia retard?
>>
>>29337552
It's because episodes like "Pikachu's Goodbye" have them trained to cry on command.
>>
>>29333894
>everything mentioned is in the current anime

Are you retarded OP?
>>
I miss the banter
>>
>>29333894
>it's a OP has only watched OS, is a retarded nostalgiafag and mentions stuff every season does but most of them better than OS

And people wonder why so many hate genwunners
>>
>>29337777
Quads of truth
>>
>>29337604
Because the point of art is to make you feel things in the first place? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>29337777
Wow, you must have been born in time for hoenn.
I figure anyone who thinks OS isn't the best is just nostalgiafagging for whatever came after since most of you are old enough to talk now

For Kalos we all know you watch it for your sick obsession with Amour.
You can't beat the apple pie feel of the classic show
>>
>>29335927
Max was the worst thing in AG imo.
>>
>>29337964
Your apple pie comment proves you're just as much of a nostalgiafag as >>29337777
>>
>>29337552
It's not that it was super emotional; it just added depth to the story.

Remember in calvin and hobbes how the raccoon died and it was sad, but gave the strip some heart?

Imagine if instead, it played out like the "tragedy" in newer pokemon games. The raccoon is telepathic and speaks to calvin and says a bunch of feelsy shit about truth and ideals, but calvin saves it with his pure heart and power of friendship and everyone lives bittersweetly ever after.

See my point?
>>
>>29338001
How? You're just labeling random things as nostalgia with no explanation
>>
>>29333938
if you aren't a millenial you are way too fucking old to be on this board.
>>
File: image.jpg (804KB, 1280x1538px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
804KB, 1280x1538px
>>29333894
This screenshot is pretty good
>>
Sinnoh>Kanto/Orange Islands>AG>X&Y>Anal cancer>Black and White>Infanticide>Johoto
>>
>>29338001
>Everything is just nostalgiafagging

There isn't any nostalgiafagging in the OP, they just recognize quality
>>
>>29338175
That's what they all say.
>>
>>29338043
Didn't xy have a pretty depressing episode with an espurr? Ironically it didn't talk despite being capable of telepathy
>>
File: image.jpg (667KB, 1280x2138px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
667KB, 1280x2138px
>>29338152
>>
>>29338043
I mean I guess but personally I feel the revelation that all those stone pillars in that one town in X/Y (forgot the name of the place) were ancient Pokemon sacrificed to fuel the ultimate weapon was more harrowing. We had never had the implications of war really in the Pokemon world before that.
>>
>>29338187
Explain it, point out the fucking nostalgia.
There is none, you're just being a dick
>>
>>29337566
>The pokemon anime used to be so fucking adventurous,
How is it not adventurous now? Ash and pals still travel along the region, getting into trouble, meeting new people and pokemon, learning about the world around them.
>risky,
What made the original series more risky than nowadays? Pokemon still get taken, the world is still new to Ash, and there are still evil trainers looking to rule/destroy the world they way they want to.
>and iconic.
Word always used by people nostalgiafagging as if that makes a work better than stuff nowadays. Everything old that people like is always 'iconic'.
>It was the classic tail of 3 friends playing outside but exaggerated to the perfect degree.
What? What classic tales are there that involve 3 friends playing around outside. Also the rest of the series does this too, except sometimes with 4 friends. And "exaggerated to the perfect degree"? That sounds like personal preference.
>Daily spats,
Still around.
>useless adults,
Is this supposed to be a good thing? Or even matter? This sounds like what a child would think.
>adventure,
Talked about.
>camping,
They still do camp around.
>it had it all.
The rest of the series does to.
>Just looking at this image gives me shivers,
Ok? I'm sure there's stills from the rest of the series that will give people 'shivers'.
>you can FEEL the writing coming right off of it.
What does that even mean? Ash is running with Pikachu and an Arcanine across a grassy field. So? It sounds like you're taking the expression, "every picture is worth a thousand words" too far.
The rest in the next post.
>>
>>29337566
>>29338288
>It was honestly something special,
And the rest of the series isn't? Because it isn't as new as this? Special is vague and can describe a lot of things.
>a formula that couldn't be replicated.
The rest of the series literally does replicate it, because it is a direct continuation of the original series following the same protagonist.
>Just the story of a rough kid and his pals going on adventures
This sounds familiar.
>and learning a few lessons along the way.
The rest of the series teaches lessons. Just about every episode teaches some kind of lesson.
>I miss this anime,
It's still going.
>the REAL pokemon anime,
Is the rest of the series fake then? Calling something the REAL something sounds like nostalgiafagging, as if newer things can't be as good or better than older things, and they're just faking it.
>tell me what you want,
I'm trying, but I'm not sure you'll listen.
>but they won't be able to capture the majesty this had.
And yet it has. You just can't see it because of your clouded vision of anything that's different than what you thought as a child.
>>
>>29338259
the number of times the original anime has been compared to "happy childhood moments" in this boards is insane. waffles, apple pie, waking up on a saturday and granny's.

You literally cannot argue that nostalgia isn't a factor. It undeniably factors in and creates a bias.

I'd give way more credit to these opinions if you assholes could acknowledge your biases and then move forward with your arguments. But you can't; all you fags do is scream that it's objectively better and then assume nostalgia is a meme.

The pokemon anime has NEVER been good. It has NEVER carried a decent plot, has NEVER had good writing, has NEVER shown good character development and has NEVER been worth watching.

This whole thread is the equivalent of arguing about if my shit tastes better than yours (it does btw) and is stupid.
>>
>>29338415
/thread
>>
>>29338415
that being said:

If you enjoy that mediocre children's cartoon then I'm happy for you but don't act like it deserves any merit.
>>
>>29337964
>kalos
>most competent Ash
>best evil team
>strongest Ash
>strongest team
>great comp
>actual development
>great animation
>great fillers
>pokemon with a lot of personality
>great side characters

Etc etc

But hey, amour amirite XDDD
>>
>>29338288
>>29338310
Nostalgiafags BTFO as always
>>
>>29338415
You just vaginally devastated the thread with your dick
>>
>>29338574
Well said
>>
>>29338574
>original series
>fun show for kids

>kalos
>muh serious and badass Ash for manchildren
>>
>>29337550
Generations is complete garbage, Anon, it's so awful it makes the Anime's writing seem better (any season).

>>29337971
Even then, Max was not as intolerable as XY.

>>29338157
Scott pls.

Sinnoh & Kalos are the best sagas, but only in Japanese, they're the absolute worst in English.
>>
>>29338415
You summed up why even as a "90's kid", I hate talking about media with other people in that demographic. I actually do think a lot of media from that era had an experimental, subversive quality that isn't as common now but no one wants to look critically at their beloved darlings of yesteryear. Everyone just gets off to their "objective" nostalgia about how everything was better because "muh childhood".
>>
>>29338684
So got nothing but damage controlling and buzzwords?

Lmao BTFO
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 1000x563px)
image.jpg
150KB, 1000x563px
>>29338574
Ya ma amoor bras
>>
Why was Johoto the worst?
>Filler the anime
>Ash gets a cool Heracross, better box it for no reason
>Nothing evoles
>Crap battles
>Abandoned GS Ball arc cause Eva Angel Celibi movie
>The main trio lose their personalities
The only good things were the movies, Gary battle and Wobbafet
>>
File: wFzHGceh.jpg (127KB, 890x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wFzHGceh.jpg
127KB, 890x1024px
>>29338684
>a character can both be serious and act mature while being goofy and funny

Kys
>>
>>29338863
Can't*
>>
>>29338574
Best saga by far
>>
>>29333894
You should rewatch it. The anime was pure trash.
>>
>>29338853
Because the writers had no idea what to do and had to stall a shit tone. They literally dropped the GS ball plot mid production.
>>
>>29337315
DP>Battle frontier>XY>kanto=AG>>>>johto>>garbage>>BW
>FTFY
>>
>>29338464
OP here, back again because you kids have gotten out of control and its disgusting.
Can't you just let something be the way it is Do you need a 100% plothole free thing for it to be a work of art?
You guys must think math is art.
Life is fucking art, canyons are art, trees, fossils, animals.
The old anime captured the wilderness perfectly, that was the goal and it achieved that
I actually relate to the young boy that is Ash in this series, he's genuinely iconic and iconic for a reason.
You people and your new age internet culture that is obsessed with slight science errors in a fucking cartoon are disgusting
Give the classic anime a watch, show it to your kids, and just let it wash over you

It's not supposed to be questioned that much, it's like brushing your teeth, you just understand that its great and move on.
>>
>>29339050
>>29338288
>>29338310
>>
>>29339050
Why won't you respond to all the people proving all your "points" being completely garbage?
>>
>>29338969
>dropped mid production

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EG5t9im2RJs
>>
>>29338574
Not him but...
>>pokemon with a lot of personality
>>great side characters
Are you talking about BW?
>>
>>29333894
>>29339050
I'm with you, OP. All these people disagreeing with hoy are simply trying to be "epic" or butthurt because they were born too late to enjoy pokemon at its prime.
>>
File: 1477014710912.png (320KB, 617x502px) Image search: [Google]
1477014710912.png
320KB, 617x502px
>>29333894
forgot this for the facebook likes
>>
>>29339097
Because they're wrong? they're literally just wrong. They're shitting on the OS because it makes them feel good to do so, they think plotholes are plot KILLERS

All I see are a cinemasins list of errors, I hate that. You kids think everything has to be cold and calculated and depressing.
What the classic anime had? Was a story, an adventure, a feel that is almost indescribable.
>>
>>29333987
Dawn was a pretty fucking good co-lead, that helped.
>>
>>29339268
>pokemom with personality
Most pokemon being jokemons isn't really having a lot of personality

>great side characters
Both had. BW had garbage comp though.
>>
>>29339278
This must be b8

>>29339319
>they are wrong because I say so
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Jesus you're asshurt for being proven so wrong
>>
>>29338686
Watch ''A Double Dillema'' and say that again, That cemented max and the entire petalburg city as insufferable cunts. Bonnie is what Max should have been
>>
>>29338083
>Overage
That's a new one.
>>
>>29335327
He's handsome, rich, and is family of the most famous professor in the entire universe.
A nice car is all it takes for bitches to be all over you.
>>
>>29339372
That's not what I said at all, you're just happy a bunch of people ganged up on me and said things you agreed with

I read all of those posts with horror and a pain at the back of my neck, I read them up and down and it was disgusting

This is what you new age losers want? You basically wanted the classic franchise devoid of character
>>
>>29339319
Lmao, actually try to respond to the guys that proved you wrong instead of ignoring it and screaming in an echo chamber you 30+ year old manbaby.
>>
>>29339343
The only jokemon I can remember is oshawott. Which are the others?
>Cilan
>garbage.
Shit taste.
>>
>>29333983
Pokemon debuted in the states in 98 I think? I was only 4.
>>
>>29339499 #
Everything you say OS has, have later seasons but they're better as well. You got BTFO and is obviously extremely butthurt. Either argue instead of screaming the same garbage over and over again or admit defeat (which you already have done by this stage) and fuck off
>>
>>29335566
>The series doesn't need to last the entire generation. Sheesh.
Yeah, this.
52 episodes or so, just your standard long-running anime season is more than enough.

The problem is that the Pokemon anime is a glorified toy commercial. It's not about telling a great story. It's about selling as many 3DS games and Pikachu plushies as they possibly can.
>>
>>29333938
I always forget I have the millenial to snake person extension on and get confused
>>
>>29339600
Admit what defeat? Do you think I'm weak or something?
Like I said, all of those posts were absolutely painful to read, but I accepted that there's just people who are warped.
>>
>>29339499
Do you think that you're a little, uh, too invested in this thread? You seem to be having some rather adverse physical reactions to people disagreeing with you, and that can't possibly be good for your health.
>>
>>29339680
It's more writers and animators trying to make a great story but with higher ups making them extremely limited on what they can do.
>>
>>29339732
What about my posts was painful to read? And why can't you properly reply to them instead of through vague statements in other replies?
>>
The indigo league has not held up. I say this as someone who was obsessed with it when I was 6. I just can't get into it as an adult.
>>
>>29339432
Max had a better dub voice and dialogue if we're talking the English voice, especially his AG vs. BF one: Bonnie's dub voice is horribly nasally & screechy in the dub. Bonnie is an insufferable brat in the dub, and the best example of this is the filler episode where she images Clemont and Lilia or whatever her name
was want to get married. Awful stuff.

Keep in mind my opinion on the two in Japanese is very different.
>>
>>29339732
When you can't even respond to the people that proved everything you said wrong it by no doubt means you're weak and can't even have an actual argumentation and instead prefer to ignore all the counter arguments and scream the same stuff over and over again even if it has been proven wrong. You're a grown man and still acts like a child. Pathetic.
>>
>>29337148
Yeah, this.
Lisa Ortiz, Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor were all major VAs in the show, and were some of the biggest anime voice actors of the late 90s. Anime back then was a niche product, so people who worked on it tended to have more passion, and the quality showed. Once the anime craze of the early 00s happened, we started to see a lot more shitty, sanitized for the kiddies, phone-it-in anime getting dubbed.

Nowadays they just get any chump of the street and have directors that don't give a shit, because Pokemon is an easy paycheck.
>>
>>29339777
The Indigo League holds up better in terms of its English dub when compared to Battle Frontier, DP, BW, and XY do, that much, is true. I have to give credit to now dead 4Kids for putting some actual fucking effort into their dub, which TPCi never has done.
>>
>>29337408
>Kanto = OI = Johto
No, the quality definitely took a nosedive in Johto.
>>
>>29339766
You basically pieced together every little bit and piece of my opinion and twisted it into something incorrect
>>
>>29339867
How so? Surely you can explain in greater detail.
>>
>>29338242
Yeah, but that was 3000 years removed from what was currently happening in the story.

You don't get teary-eyed thinking about the Battle of Carthage or the sacking of Rome, do you?
>>
>>29339867
Do you even understand what you write and what he wrote?
>>
>>29339850
No, it didn't: the English dub of 1st season of Johto kept more of the Japanese music than Orange Islands did, Eric Stuart hit his peak as James in it (and he was the best dub VA for Kojiro, too), 4Kids slipped a lot of adult humor past the radar, and they actually started keeping the Japanese OST in the Movies from Movies 4 to the end of their run.

The dub starts going downhill faster than falling in magma when TPCi takes over with Battle Frontier, gets unwatchable in Sinnoh, recovers somewhat in Unova, and is an abomination in Kalos.

The Japanese Version is oddly the antithesis of the dub in nearly every single way with each saga's quality.
>>
>>29338574
>kalos
>most competent Ash
Oh, yeah. I love how he always gets his Pokemon to dodge everything. Never seen that before.
>>
OP, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the volcano.

After all, bugs are weak against fire.
>>
>>29339885
It was just a simple matter of language
Things like the apple pie, that's not me thinking mathematically, that's me thinking with common sense.
You should understand what that means, its got nothing to do with childhood but you pinned it there.
Sure I ENJOYED it during childhood and thats when I enjoyed it the most, but its only RELATED to nostalgia and not nostalgia itself
>>
>>29340006
The English dub, however, is objectively better during OS (and the first 3/4 of AG) than it is for the rest of the Series. That's one point you can give it, nostalgia goggles removed.
>>
>>29340006
Thinking mathematically is common sense. Relating things to and with nostalgia and giving them higher standings than stuff without is not common sense.
>>
If you love the OS anime so much go watch it again, but brace yourself for constant lame puns, annoying characters and the pokerap.
>>
>>29339947
Nice meme, try watching it

https://youtu.be/GcjapDv4ftI?t=536
>>
>>29340049
That I can give though. It was pretty jarring listening to the new dub when it changed partway through Battle Frontier. I did get used to it later though.
>>
>>29340058
You kids can believe what you want to believe, I just can't accept that you have a good head on you.

If you think anything can beat he original Ash, the one that wanted to be the greatest, the classic scruffy kid hero? You're nuts in my book, absolutely insane. Enjoy your overly recycled trash
>>
>>29340104
Holy kek, you're a fucking satire. Everything you have said has been proven wrong and you're obviously very asshurt. And still you go on with this

>i-it's the best because I say so

Pathetic, grow up and learn to have a real aegumentation.
>>
>>29340104
Howdy-ho, Mr. Kettle! I just wanted to let you know that you're black!
>>
>>29340102
The TPCi dub is actually even worse now in XY than it was in Battle Frontier, unfortunately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU

And yeah, I'm used to TPCi's (terrible) dub as well since it's been 10 years now, but objectively speaking, it's total garbage. People who prefer the OS the most mainly watched the dub and that's why they have that opinion, I know I did, but once I saw the Japanese Versions of DP & XY my whole opinion changed completely.
>>
>>29340139
Where the hell did I say that? I made sure to pull up a reason EVERY time I said it was the best
>>
>>29340104
Now see, this is where the issues set in. You assume that I am insane for liking anything but the original Ash, the classic inexperienced, clumsy hero seen in most cartoons/anime for kids. You even call me a kid because I don't agree with you.
>>
>>29335680
I'm literally puking in real life at this nostalgia.
The anime is and will always be garbage, the only difference is back then you were like 10 and expected Ash to go somewhere, now you're probably 23 or so and know damn well he won't get anywhere.
>>
>>29340289
Your point?
>>
>>29340264
EVERY reason was countered many posts ago which you completely ignore to argue against even less respond to. An argumentation is not one of the parts screaming opinions and arguments while the other part proves them wrong but gets ignored by the first part.
>>
>>29340086
>2:43 Dodge it!
>gets hit anyway because Ash doesn't know about Keen Eye
>forgets about Future Sight
It's a decent enough fight (I will admit that Gym battles are usually half-decent), but Ash still did a lot of his usual bullshit.
Just because he's not a complete retard like he was in BW doesn't mean he's some kind of battle genius all of a sudden.
>>
>>29340333
My point? You can't accept that others may like things other than what you like, that others may dislike things you like, and that anyone that disagrees with what you have to say is wrong and insane as clearly what you think is the only right and sane way to think.
>>
>>29340355
How is using dodge bad when it actually works and gives him time to think of a way to counter attack?

Your whole argument is based on that he only screams dodge and that it's a big NO NO. Neither being true.
>>
OP just get out of here. You being this roasted is painful to watch.
>>
>>29340383
If you'd bothered to read the rest, you'd see that my complaint is that he's still pulling the same retarded bullshit he's always done.

He's more competent than BW by far, but that's still a fucking low-hanging fruit.
>>
>>29340355
More competent than ever before and competent enough to reach the league finals. You're not actually disproving anything. >>29338574 is still right that he was the most competent in Kalos. Learn how to read mate.
>>
>>29340401
he did and made another thread
>>29338848
>>
File: ShittyXYDub.jpg (37KB, 458x243px) Image search: [Google]
ShittyXYDub.jpg
37KB, 458x243px
>>29340062
>constant lame puns
XY's dub still does this, on top of having worse
voice acting, lousy script writing full of crappy slang and alliterations too, on top of having shitty intros like Stand Tall. Pic related.

>Annoying characters

Still there: Team Rocket, early & current Serena, and Bonnie are.

>Pokerap

Well, at least the dub tried back then, can't say that about TPCi's garbage.
>>
>>29340414
Calling something "retarded bullshit" is not an argument. And if it works it's not retarded.
>>
>>29340446
Being the smartest kid on the short bus is not an achievement to be proud of.
>>
>>29333894
You're adulthood is shit and you're never gonna get your childhood back, get over it.

The anime is quite possibly one of the most terrible anime out there.
>>
>>29340469
Being the finalist in a major sports event isn't either I suppose then.
>>
>>29340462
Why bring up the current english dub so hard? Nobody watch it. It's irrelevant to this discussion.
>>
>>29340516
Ash always NEARLY wins the league.
It doesn't matter if you get the silver or the bronze, you still lost.
>>
>>29340558
Doesn't make him any less competent as a trainer. It just proves how competent he really is.
>>
In all honestly I don't see how going "y-you're nostalgic!" is an argument
>>
>>29340585
>relies on dodges
>ignorant of Pokemon abilities
>ignorant of type match-ups
>relies on HM moves for damage
>perpetual runner-up
>at least he remembers the names of Pokemon he's seen before, you guys!
>>
>>29340537
Because the current English dub is garbage, Anon, TPCi's stuff is only good to mock at this point. It's contributed to the fall of the Anime's ratings and popularity overseas.

Watch this, it's actually hilariously bad at this point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyWnsTrPA4
>>
>>29333894
Watch it then.
>>
>>29340446
>More competent than ever before
It doesn't even matter now. He lost the league, the girl and his overpower mon. What was the point?
>>
>>29340651
>retarded enough to use pure game logic in anime

Are you stupid? The anime has a lot more factors to take into account. The battlefield, timing etc

And Ash unarguably is great at using the battlefield to his advantage, counter attacks, come up with unic strategies, think outside the box, time attacks perfectly and actually give his pokemon confidence to win. A great and competent trainer doesn't have to be one that goes by the book. The anime mention this a lot. And the bond between a pokemon and a trainer plays a major role as well which Ash is the best at.
>>
>>29340735
Producer trying to change things but higher ups cucking him over so he has to complain about it in japanese magazines.
>>
>>29340800
>higher ups cucking him over.
Why? Did the anime flop in an economical way?
>>
>>29339050
> I actually relate to the young boy

You can related to being absolutely autistic? Wow, you've really outed yourself there, OP.
>>
>>29340898
It's mediocre in ratings but not bad and it sells. It's more the fact that he tried to go his way to break the status quo that the anime has been stuck in since the beginning and actually trying make things different this time enough but the higher ups got afraid and stopped it the last second before everything paying off. The animators were very dipleased about Ash losing once again as well.
>>
>>29339050
You know what your problem is? You'll just accept any peice of trash thrown at you at eat it up. You have no standards. Your adult life is just so shit that you have to relish in the past like a huge nostalgiafag because you literally peaked when you were 10 years old.

There were great shows from the 80's and 90's that were excellent compared to this turd of storytelling and characterisation. The OS is more of a commercial than the Transformers cartoon.
>>
>>29341014
Pretty sure he's finally gone now
>>
>>29341075
Nope, he's just making his third thread

>>29341069
>>
>>29341014
>You'll just accept any peice of trash thrown at you at eat it up. You have no standards.
That could also be said for the people who watch the TPCi dub and the ones who act like XY is any better than the older seasons were overall, and same goes for SM fans.
>>
>>29341297
Yeah, sure.

I think the anime is shit as a whole, anon.
>>
>>29333894
I blame the moms who got pissy over having literally anything fun in their household. Game Freak probably pandered to them.
>>
>>29341972
Then you're fine, but so is Generations, Chronicles, Mega Evolution Specials, etc.

Pokemon has never had anything truly great come out of it in Animated form, really.
>>
File: mfw.png (29KB, 283x235px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
29KB, 283x235px
>>29334364
>Episodic characters like that doctor
Literally who?
>>
>>29340976
>higher ups got afraid and stopped it the last second before everything paying off.
You know they are bussinessmen so their decisions are based on stadistical data and they don't get afraid of changes. If numbers are good then they'll change it, if not then they won't. Actually I just saw the movies box office and they were averange at best so maybe it wasn't paying off afert all.
>>
>>29342177
I was talking about the plot paying off. Ash wining the league etc

The ratings for the anime has always been in a decline. Mainly because people move away from tv as a medium.
>>
>>29342177
*after
>>
Oh god, this thread is still alive?
>>
File: 1476319868694.png (182KB, 666x880px) Image search: [Google]
1476319868694.png
182KB, 666x880px
>>29333894
The Pokemon anime was what it was to make up for the fact that Kanto was a boring, empty place.

We have more lore now and we have more kids that picked up the series the same age as you at different points. The only veterans they wanted to stick around were the animators themselves and anyone keeping track of continuity.

You might think your generation was special but it was a stepping stone. They moved on from you. "Thanks for your parents' money and thanks for your support but here comes 3 more 9 year olds whose impulsive sense of want are gonna sign our paychecks."

You see? That sense of betrayal you feel is little more than franchise entitlement. Move on with your life.
>>
>>29334364
The anime was bad and you had understandably shit taste because you were a child. Get over it and yourself
>>
>>29339495
Name a single professors grandson.
>>
File: 1359483862331.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1359483862331.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>29333912
>>29333983
>>29334000
>>29334222
>>29334235
>>29334268
>>29337197
>>29337236
>>29337552
>>29337354
>>29337315
>>29337777
>>29337604
>>29339982
>>29340401
>>29340492

Confirmed for either being too young to remember or not even being born to experience Pokemania in 1998-2000.

Admit it, you younger kids are just bitter because you missed out on Pokemon when it was the greatest thing ever.
>>
>>29346499
Pokemania wasnt all that hyped up as you think it was. Just because CNN did a 5 minute cover story doesnt mean that it was something earthshaking
>>
I agree OP.
>>
>>29333912
Everyone is nostalgic about something, except maybe people with social/emotional/neurological disorders.

>>29333938
If you are younger than 29 you are a millennial. You mean he's Gen Z. Millennials watched Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Pokemon as kids.
>>
>>29346499
We get it, you peaked when you were a child.
>>
>>29338574
>Le Draco meteor climb
Fuck off
>>
I still don't know why people are butt hurt over the new Sun and Moon, saying its too childish. Hello ITS A FUCKING SHOW MEANT FOR KIDS!!! If anything I am glad they turning down the seriousness, things should more light hearted for the sake of kids. As awesome as X and Y was somethings I felt were too violent at times such LETS KILL EVERYONE TO MAKE THE WORLD BEAUTIFUL. Then we wonder kinds turn out the way they do.
>>
20 years from now you will hear the X and Y fans eating their memberberries over the anime.
Remember when Ash had the most awesome team, oh I remember.
Member when he came second place.
>>
EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A MASTER
EVERYBODY WANTS TO SHOW THEIR SKILL
>>
>>29333938
>meme cartoons
>>
>>29346499
There were much more interesting thing for a kid in those years.
>>
>>29348497

My problem isn't that it's childish: it's just proving Ash will never accomplish his goal and the Anime will go on forever with no end in sight until its outlived its usefulness.

Everyone has their own opinions and they deserve to be respected, regardless, something the fandom in general can't understand: no one should be labeled as nostalgic and/or an idiot just because they have their own feelings that may differ from your own.

OS is still my favorite saga of the Anime and I saw all 20 years of it, 4Kids is still my favorite English dub of Pokemon and I saw TPCi's dub for longer, etc. That doesn't make me nostalgic, because I gave the newer stuff a chance, but I just didn't like it. I can tell the OP didn't give AG, DP, BW, XY, Origins, Generations, Chronicles etc. a chance, and is just being upset because the Anime didn't stay that way, but while I sort of feel their pain because I liked OS most, the way they're expressing it is not a mature way to do so.
>>
>>29348626
I miss 4Kids dubbing the Series: they had actual fun with it. TPCi made Pokemon incredibly dull and lifeless, and the way they fuck with the OST and script is just unbearable. Their voice acting lacks passion, too.
>>
I didn't watch the lame pokemon anime back then because cartoon Network/Disney and Nick were leaking back then

Hey senior was better anyway
>>
>>29350139
The Pokemon Anime isn't good, per se, but it was sure a lot more watchable early on than it is now, IMO. To me, the OS was the most likable version of the Series that has been introduced since Pokemon in Animated form began, despite its flaws.

And I've seen all 20 years of it on the air: the problem is as it passed it just kept recycling the same exact things over and over again, pretty much all the older characters minus arguably Ash got severely flanderized losing a lot of their original personalities & traits, and its English dub got worse and worse as time passed.
>>
OP is right, OS is the best, and the last truly great story this franchise could offer
>>
>>29333894
It's the same fucking thing 20 years later anon.
>>
>>29350889
With a worse English dub by TPCi with all recast voices, flanderized Team Rocket, a blander and better battler Ash, and pretty much everything else is the same shit, but with more repetition.

>>29350820
OS of the Anime had the most heart and freshness of anything else in the franchise Animation wise, so I think that's why it's the most memorable.
>>
>>29350889
And doesn't that make it horrible? Repetition only makes later incarnations worse and the fist the strongest
>>
>>29351177
The English dub of the Anime & Movies associated with it have gotten dramatically worse as well over the years, being at their worst with XY-XYZ, just saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-u1rVFoYU
>>
>>29333894
I agree, OP, XYZ anime totally missed the mark.
Here's hoping the SM anime will fix the cringeworthy edginess of XYZ.
>>
>>29351401
I don't think anything can save the Anime at this point, Anon, it's just completely a shell of what it once was.
>>
>>29351401
XYZ Started out promising but then became the kind of thing you leave on the television so that you can work while your pet autist is distracted
>>
>>29333894
We'll never get anything like TR backstory in Pokemon again.
>>
>>29335563
Johto was terrible with all the boring long stretches of filler. It wasn't mostly good/fun filler like say, Kanto was, and there's far more of it. I still remember how painfully boring the Whirl Islands arc was.

That said, Johto has a great fucking league and good gym episodes.
Also one o my favorite episodes is a Johto filler. That one with the small Pidgey that wanted to reach the moon.
>>
>>29351864
Johto had a solid English dub, too, which can't be said for Sinnoh or Kalos, oddly enough.
>>
>>29334030
This, it's just been copying the same lazy and bad formula since.

>>29334028
>the peak of cancer
ftfy

>>29339325
No she wasn't, she was a shitty trainer and she lost a bunch of contests by being an unattentive idiot.
>>
>>29352031
I'm not from the US, so I watched very little of the English dub. And by the time Sinnoh rolled around I switched to subs anyway.

Here in Brazil the dub was consistently good with the voice casting, just had some minor translation issues and inconsistent translations for the attack names. Then in XY they swapped the whole cast. Ash and Team Rocket had the same voice actors for almost 20 years and they got changed because the licensing company wanted to move the dub to a cheaper studio in another state.
>>
>>29346499
When you have to reply to that many people, your argument obviously has some flaws in it.
>>
>>29352361
I think it's more
>Heh. Nobody will look through these posts i'm replying too to try and call me on my bullshit.
which I guess is kinda true since i'm not going to.
>>
>>29333894
>waaah my cartoons :(
>>
>>29333894
>implying the anime was ever good
top kek
>>
>>29352320
Brazil's voice acting is dead
Not only the good studios all eent bankrupt, now they're even disregarding long time VAs. Fuck CN had the nerve to ask to change Scooby Doo's voice actor, who had been the same since Where are you
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.