[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are the only designs I dislike about this gen. Alolan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: _20161021_053035.jpg (284KB, 1080x1573px) Image search: [Google]
_20161021_053035.jpg
284KB, 1080x1573px
These are the only designs I dislike about this gen.

Alolan Persian was just missed opportunity. And the end result just falls flat on its face.

Pikipek3 is just as bad "my mom's panther." It's literary just a Toucan set in fictional world. I wouldn't mind the design, but only if they expended on it.
>>
>>29328888
What if it's electric/flying and the beak lights up in battle?
>>
>>29328926
Don't get my hopes up
>>
Persian would be fine if the whole thing was fat

Toucan's fine with me, but I didn't give a shit about Pikipek to begin with
>>
>still believes it's pipipek3
>>
>>29329738
This is a new level of denial
>>
File: IMG_0153.jpg (76KB, 597x1035px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0153.jpg
76KB, 597x1035px
>>29329738
literally what
theres no way it isnt
>>
>>29328888

Nice blog fgt
>>
>>29328888
>implying toucans are panthers
>>
>>29328888
STUFFING YOUR FACE AS USUAL
>>
>>29328888
I fucking love the Toucan. Don't really like Persian though I've never cared about it Alola form or not.
>>
>>29328926
I'm a fan of the toucan either way, but this would be the fucking best. The beak color scheme and the Pikachu looking cheeks make me hope for that.
>>
>>29330915
GARFIELD YOU FAT CAT. YOU ARE YOU SO BIG AND FAT. WHY ARE YOU SO FAT?
>>
Alolan Nermal grew on me cause of the fucking Garfield memeing
>>
What exactly was the opportunity missed? What did you expect? A grey Persian? I don't think it's the greatest sesogn ever but seriously, what expectations did you have for a Persian looks wise when the first form had pretty much no significant change in appearance to build off of?
>>
>>29328888
I don't hate alolan persian but I am disappointed with it. Wasted potential. If it were fat it could work. The weird head with tiny body doesnt make sense.

The Toucan is awful though. I don't care what it gets for a typing or ability. It's bad.
>>
>>29331072
People keep saying "if it were fat it would work, if it were fat I'd be okay with it" but that's totally missing the point of the reason the line even exists. You don't have to like it but saying it should have been fat to match it's face is not understanding that it is the way it is explicitly to purposefully make it obvious something is off.
>>
>>29331072
What about it doent make sense? Its a literal english expression, like, people that are arrogant or too self-centered, are know as Big-Headed. I mean, english is not my main language but i've heard this expression somewhere, can someone confirm?

I think its ugly and kinda weird, but i do not dislike it, its just another shitmon...
>>
>>29331117
Wrong. Absolutely wrong.
The point isn't missed. The point is clear. It simply looks bad the way it is. It doesn't matter what the designers had in mind for a theme or expression, it looks bad and people are saying what it would take for them to like it.

Turn your autism down a bit.
>>
>>29328888
Reminder that its literally one anon shitposting about the toucan.

Did a toucan assault you at a zoo when you were a kid or something OP?
>>
>>29331059

A persian with a normal-sized head but wavier whiskers and smug
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477054371820.jpg (42KB, 720x633px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477054371820.jpg
42KB, 720x633px
Alolan Persian is entertaining depending on how you look at it.
>>
>>29328888
>my favorite birb
>>
>>29331154
This.

All these people who excuse bad designs by saying "That's not what the designers had in mind! You see, that element actually represents ___" are idiots. Because it doesn't matter what the designers were basing a Pokemon on, if it looks bad, they failed ultimately.
>>
>>29331183
Fanart makes it look 100 times better and then I look at the model and just want to kill myself
>>
File: DSC_00401-650x400.jpg (50KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_00401-650x400.jpg
50KB, 650x400px
>>
>>29330972
I EAT, JOHN. IT'S WHAT I DO
>>
>>29331194
I agree, but on the other hand, knowing about the inspiragion behind a design can make you appreciate it more.
>>
>>29331212

ugh

that thing looks like it would be an eyesore to just have laying around the house

it even looks miserable

how can look at that thing and not feel depressed
>>
The 2D version of Persian isn't even bad to me, but when they just fucking tossed his mouth and eyes on a new sculptGL project out of laziness and made his fur one flat texture/color for the 3D model, it made it look like a child's Google SketchUp that he made for art class. They LITERALLY ruined it.
>>
>>29331117
The flat face accomplishes that though. Do either perfect oval that doesn't fit or a flat, goofy drawn on face.

Both take it from a comedic twist to just a joke, people don't wanna train jokes. It's made worse by two comedic forms that are both way better executed and have caused over saturation
>>
File: British Blue.jpg (145KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
British Blue.jpg
145KB, 736x552px
>>29331240
It's probably just pissed it was shaved.
>>
>>29331171
Not OP and I fucking hate it, we have had constant hate threads with lots of posters so it's a common opinion But at this point can we calm down

Personally I like toucans for being cute and exotic, this ruins the cuteness and isn't unique in a world with dragons. Regardless it is super fucking lazy without the character gen 1's simpleness gave its lazy designs
>>
>>29328888
>the end result just falls flat on its face.
Keeeeek
>>
>>29331154
What you want from it to like it isn't what they had in mind for the idea behind it. If it looks stupid or ugly and thats the point, what's the problem? Pokemon is far from obligated to have serious designs.
>>29331252
It doesn't accomplish that by itself. Did you ever look at purugly and go, "yeah, the concept behind this is that its meant to look deformed to show what happens when domesticated cats are inbred"? No, you just got thst it was supposed to be spoiled rich cat. That's whst it is. They both have the flat persian face but the significance of it is made clear by how each is designed.
>>
>>29330871
underrated
>>
>>29328926
I'm still hoping the colours on its beak move along the beak similar to alolan muk
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.